New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Fire emblem (Protect the prince) II

Quote Originally Posted by hunt11 View Post

"Fancy seeing you hear Luc" Naktem chuckled. "Anyway, after the battle I had to properly deal with our foes corpses so I stayed behind, stupid pikes not sticking into the ground. Anyway, I started to look around for the group again and I heard these two individuals talking about a fight, and possibly a bounty so I decided to tag along.

You couldn't have showed up when we were dealin' with the giant spiders?

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Bounty?" He turned towards the other two. "And just who are you?"

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Layla shakes her head at Tinsleys comment. "It is, ummm, good to see you again Naktem... I think..."

(Penguinator? Is the support conversation done? I'm just wondering.)
    Last edited by Ravena; 2011-11-24 at 04:41 PM.
    Ravena never returned. Whoops

"NEVER! OH GOD POLICE BRUTALITY POLICE BRUTALITY"
    ~Spike from Illven's pokemon lets play

I will not remove this from my signature due to not wanting to erase it was there. But I will address this at the time was meant to be a joke and both me and Illven both acknowledge it shouldn't have been a joke but we simply did not know better at the time. We have both grown as people and would never make this kinda joke again.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ravena View Post
    (Penguinator? Is the support conversation done? I'm just wondering.)
    (No. But I need to get out of the mountains for it to work like I want it to. Movement is too restricted there.)

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

5. - Top - End - #1085

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    (No. But I need to get out of the mountains for it to work like I want it to. Movement is too restricted there.)
    (Okay, just wanted to make sure because I wasn't sure if it was or not.)

I will not remove this from my signature due to not wanting to erase it was there. But I will address this at the time was meant to be a joke and both me and Illven both acknowledge it shouldn't have been a joke but we simply did not know better at the time. We have both grown as people and would never make this kinda joke again.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Orc in the Playground

"Fancy seeing you hear Luc" Naktem chuckled. "Anyway, after the battle I had to properly deal with our foes corpses so I stayed behind, stupid pikes not sticking into the ground. Anyway, I started to look around for the group again and I heard these two individuals talking about a fight, and possibly a bounty so I decided to tag along.
    Delila overhears Naktem, and storms over to him with murder in her eyes.

"How dare you disrespect the dead so casually! They were your own allies not hours before! Its scum like you who give us mercenaries a bad name!"

move to D7, action forthcoming
    Last edited by Niek; 2011-11-26 at 02:17 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Niek View Post
    "How dare you disrespect the dead so casually! They were your own allies not hours before! Its scum like you who give us mercenaries a bad name!"

We are up against a force who has the power to reanimate corpses into shambling abominations. So in hindsight... he actually did us some good. Otherwise, we'd have probably ended up having to kill 'em twice.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2011-11-26 at 09:27 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Colossus in the Playground

Guys I need a plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #1089

Guys I need a plan.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Tinsley moves to F8 and pokes the Revenant with his sword.
    Delila to F7 and shoots the Mogall. (Which totally doesn't have stats, or seem to exist...)
    Layla to D6 to recruit.
    Elizabeth to D7 to recruit.
    Luc to D5 to recruit? (I'm guessing he can, since they already know each other. If not, he still moves to D5. Partially to change our sight range.)
    If Luc can't re-recruit Naktem, the Dancer moves to D8 and dances for Elizabeth.
    Elizabeth moves to C4 to recruit.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

11. - Top - End - #1091

ElfRogueGirl

Layla to D6 to recruit.
    Does Layla have enough move? She's on a mountain tile, and doesn't that reduce movement?

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Good point. I forgot Layla wasn't out of the mountains.

Layla to D7 to recruit.
    Elizabeth to D6 to recruit.
    Dancer to D8, dances for Layla.
    If Luc recruited Naktem, Layla moves to D4.
    If Luc can't recruit Naktem, Luc moves to E5 (should reach, since he has 6 move), and Layla to D5 to recruit.
    If Luc can recruit Naktem, he moves to D5 and recruits Naktem.

Other moves stay the same.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

13. - Top - End - #1093

Mogall 4

Lv 10
    Hp 21/21
    Mag 4
    Skl 5
    Spd 4 (2)
    Luck 2
    Def 2
    Res 4

Con 4

Mov 5

Evil eye
    Atk 11 Hit 96 Crit 2 Avoid 6

I have no idea where it went.

14. - Top - End - #1094

ElfRogueGirl

Good point. I forgot Layla wasn't out of the mountains.
    Yay, I'm a helper :3

Layla sighs in relife as her feet touch solid ground. God, why do mountains have to be so high up... She thinks absently to herself. It felt like my nerves were never going to settel down. At least I'm on solid ground now. Never going into mountains again if I can help it. She makes the mental note before she shakes her head. Back to the task at hand. Naktem and the ground he arrived with.
    Layla walks over to the man nearest the mountains and smiles, taking a note of both the sword and magic tome. "Do you practice the arts of both sword play and nature magic? Or are you holding one of them?" She asks, hoping her question didn't come out rude to the mans ears.
    "I'm must say though, if you do practice both arts, I'm really impressed. Its really rare to find someone who is willing to take the time to practice both. It would be nice if we were allies, wouldn't you think?" She says calmly, keeping a smile the whole way through. She felt like Elizabeth saying the whole last part of her trying to get the man to join the party. Should she be worried? Nah, it was just a one time thing... hopefully...

Spoiler
    Show
    If any of you are wondering, Layla's got a fear of heights, thats why she doesn't like mountains.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Luc rubbed his temples. "Layla, you are far too innocent for this."

He pointed to Layla, then to himself, eyeing the spellsword carefully. "She's Layla, I'm Luc. Don't forget it. I hope you aren't as luckless as our last spellsword."

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #1096

ElfRogueGirl

"Sorry Luc." Layla says softly after seeing Luc rub her temples.
    She thinks for a bit before adding, "Soth wasn't the luckiest person around come to think about it."

17. - Top - End - #1097

The merc. map sprite is fine. It looks better than mine at any rate.

I forget, but I don't get to move on recruitment, do I?

edit: changed Stein's perception of Luc to a 'woman'. Some minor edits to go along with that.

---

Where had this girl come from? The mountains, obviously, but where were her companions? Someone like this shouldn't be on a battlefield chatting up some random mercenary. She should be back in wherever village she came from, giving that fragile smile of hers to a sweetheart who she'd grow old with and participating in those innanities that village girls seemed to love so. Maybe he could convince her to go home and stop worrying her parents?

He snorted. As if. If she still had family, why would she be out here? No, they were probably dead. Disease, war, or the less than kind attentions of a down-on-their-luck band of mercenaries. Any of those would leave her homeless and easily co-opted into whatever roving band happened by.

Oops. His mind was wandering again. At this rate, he was going to get himself killed. Now, what had she been saying - asking him to join whatever band she was a part of? She certainly looked healthy, so it would have to be a reasonably successful group and, he could really do with some pocket money. That damn bald butcher had the devil's own luck with dice...

Yes, I would be willing to negotiate terms for a contract.

It was about there when a magenta haired woman made her appearance - odd color, that hair, extremely distinctive on the battlefield. The length would suggest nobility, but why would a noble dye their hair? Oh. Noble. Right. Stein put the thought out of mind, diverting his focus to the man's words.

Luc and Layla - maybe they were related? Their hair was different, but with that dye, it was practically impossible for him to say with certainty. Anyways though, names were always nice to know, though 'Luc' was most definately a nickname. Lucy? Lucille? Whatever. That, "our 'last' spellsword" comment was rather worrying. That one was getting filed away away for later perusal. He'd need to be wary if this group's attrition rate was high enough for such blase remarks.

Well, he'd just pretend he wasn't concerned with that for now. He'd had enough bad luck recently to choke a black cat and so, by his estimate, it was about time his fortunes changed. Probably. His sword arm was starting to ache again. Damn.

Actually, we can discuss terms later. I'd rather not stand about mouthing off while things try to kill me.
    Last edited by Sairyu; 2011-11-26 at 09:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sairyu View Post

Actually, we can discuss terms later. I'd rather not stand about mouthing off while things try to kill me.

In essence, you're now technically part of the royal guard of... somewhere or other. I'm not very big on politics.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

It was about there when a magenta haired man made his appearance - odd color, that hair, extremely distinctive on the battlefield. The length would suggest nobility, but why would a noble dye his hair? Oh. Noble. Right. Stein put the thought out of mind, diverting his focus to the man's words.
    Okay. Two things. One, Luc's supposed to be a decent crossdresser. Years of experience, eh? So people aren't supposed to know he's a man on sight. Two, he doesn't dye his hair. I have mentioned this before, but it was a long time ago, you *probably* haven't seen it.

"A judicious decision. And you with the horse? Name, rank, and serial number?"
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2011-11-26 at 08:59 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Delila overhears Naktem, and storms over to him with murder in her eyes.

move to D7, action forthcoming
    "What world do you live in? Mercenaries are nothing more then glorified hired thugs, so how can my actions dirty the name of mercenaries. I did more to ruin the name when I betrayed my employer then a few heads on spikes and a bonfire of bodies."
    Herpestidae made my Naktem avatar.

21. - Top - End - #1101

Yes you can move after you're recruited, so do you want to move?

22. - Top - End - #1102

I know (or I didn't, but I just assumed that it was natural. After all, FE hair colors...). Stein doesn't. Given his background in a mercenary troupe, I figured that it wouldn't be a usual color to see and that he'd assume that it'd be some kind of foible of the nobility. As in, bright hair isn't usually the best trait to have in a fight.

As for the crossdressing part, I did miss that. I actually went by Luc's portrait face to determine gender - it 'is' pretty... man-ish. Should I change Stein's perception of Luc's gender?

Illven, I think that there's a discepancy in my stat-block. It has me at 3 SPD but the PM you sent me before has me at 5 SPD.

At any rate:
    - Move to E8, attack revenant [F9] with Thunder.
    - If the revenant is dead, move to E7 and attack Mogall 4 [E6] with Iron Sword.
    - If both are dead, move to D5, equip Fire tome.

---

Great. Royalty. That would explain the dye. And the girl. He could almost sigh. He had enough to worry about just trying to get his body to move the way he wanted it to. The petty intrigues of whatever court these people had brought with them? Thanks, but really, no thanks. He liked being alive far too much to deal with the inevitable knife in the dark that would came with that deal.

Ah. That's good to know.

Off to the side, he could hear Naktem arguing with some red-headed archer, some drivel about respecting the sanctity of the dead. Where was this woman was coming from? Ruin the name of mercenaries? Hah, maybe if you hadn't lived in Alogro. Ever. The butcher had the right idea. If you were alive, you were alive. The dead? They were just so much mud.

He sighed. What did that make him? Ah, whatever. He'd dwell on that when something wasn't trying to kill him. He hoisted the Thunder tome in hand, magic begining to sing through his veins as he moved. It was comforting, in a way. Even if he couldn't lift a sword, he'd at least be able to do this much.

Time to earn my pay then.
    Last edited by Sairyu; 2011-11-26 at 10:09 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

As for the crossdressing part, I did miss that. I actually went by Luc's portrait face to determine gender - it 'is' pretty... man-ish. Should I change Stein's perception of Luc's gender?
    If you please.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

24. - Top - End - #1104

Yeah that was a typo. I'll change it in the next update

25. - Top - End - #1105

ElfRogueGirl

Where had this girl come from? The mountains, obviously, but where were her companions? Someone like this shouldn't be on a battlefield chatting up some random mercenary. She should be back in wherever village she came from, giving that fragile smile of hers to a sweetheart who she'd grow old with and participating in those innanities that village girls seemed to love so. Maybe he could convince her to go home and stop worrying her parents?

He snorted. As if. If she still had family, why would she be out here? No, they were probably dead. Disease, war, or the less than kind attentions of a down-on-their-luck band of mercenaries. Any of those would leave her homeless and easily co-opted into whatever roving band happened by.

Oops. His mind was wandering again. At this rate, he was going to get himself killed. Now, what had she been saying - asking him to join whatever band she was a part of? She certainly looked healthy, so it would have to be a reasonably successful group and, he could really do with some pocket money. That damn bald butcher had the devil's own luck with dice...

Yes, I would be willing to negotiate terms for a contract.

It was about there when a magenta haired woman made her appearance - odd color, that hair, extremely distinctive on the battlefield. The length would suggest nobility, but why would a noble dye their hair? Oh. Noble. Right. Stein put the thought out of mind, diverting his focus to the man's words.

Luc and Layla - maybe they were related? Their hair was different, but with that dye, it was practically impossible for him to say with certainty. Anyways though, names were always nice to know, though 'Luc' was most definately a nickname. Lucy? Lucille? Whatever. That, "our 'last' spellsword" comment was rather worrying. That one was getting filed away away for later perusal. He'd need to be wary if this group's attrition rate was high enough for such blase remarks.

Well, he'd just pretend he wasn't concerned with that for now. He'd had enough bad luck recently to choke a black cat and so, by his estimate, it was about time his fortunes changed. Probably. His sword arm was starting to ache again. Damn.

Layla's parents are still around and at least her father is healthy. As for her leaving, There was a lot of "miscommunication"

Layla smiles at the man. That had gone easier than she thought it would. "Ok, we can discuss that later." She pauses a moment. "I guess that would be the prince handling that?" She thinks aloud absently running the back of her head. Oh well. That could be figured out later. "If you don't mind. What is your name?"

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Orc in the Playground

"What world do you live in? Mercenaries are nothing more then glorified hired thugs, so how can my actions dirty the name of mercenaries. I did more to ruin the name when I betrayed my employer then a few heads on spikes and a bonfire of bodies."
    "I don't dispute that its a dirty job, but you could at least have some professional decency about it. Its hard enough on people to hear their loved ones were killed in battle, you don't need to go making it worse by disfiguring them and putting them on display."

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ettin in the Playground

"I don't dispute that its a dirty job, but you could at least have some professional decency about it. Its hard enough on people to hear their loved ones were killed in battle, you don't need to go making it worse by disfiguring them and putting them on display."

I'd be careful if I were you, marm. From what little time I've spent with him, I gather ol' Baldy thinks you're flirting with him.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

"It's hard enough on people to hear their loved ones were killed in battle, you don't need to go making it worse by disfiguring them and putting them on display."

Luc thought about what Delila had said. This was definitely something to ask her about later.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

29. - Top - End - #1109

Naktem and Icarus may make moves also.

30. - Top - End - #1110

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post

I'd be careful if I were you, marm. From what little time I've spent with him, I gather ol' Baldy thinks you're flirting with him.

"Tinsley really. I don't think its the best idea to get involed in their conversation." The conversation seem rather personal to Delila. And knowing Tinsley's track record he could do nothing more but make it worse for her.