New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

[Near Silva's apartment]

Sora might soon notice he's not the only one heading for the door. "Hello, Namikaze-kun. How's your day been?", Yui shouts from the street, grinning. My what sharp teeth she has... it's qute a scary grin. "Just came here from chatting with your childhood friend. You haven't been keeping as much contact to her as you should have, hmmm?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #392
    Orc in the Playground

[Furousha Shop]

Viatrix smiles, setting the camera on the table and seeing to storing away the cash. She returns shortly, looking to the quizzical Izanagi. "Now, I've got a little business proposition for you."

She has a seat at the table next to Fuchs, across from her guest. "That camera doesn't take normal pictures. I can tell that you see things. But normal technology isn't designed to capture what you see, right?"

"Now I'm no photographer. But I think we could both stand to profit from an arrangement where you take a few pictures of things you see around town, and I buy them from you to do what I wish with them."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #393
    Orc in the Playground

"Akira, Kaito, how have you two been? Feels great to be here." Reiji offered with a smile as he shook their hands. There was a hint of sadness in it - this was the first time he'd been with a family since his had been ---

But now's not the time for that.

"I can't wait to taste what the two of you cooked. Been a while since I tried anything I didn't make myself - I got a little better at it, but I've still got a looooooooooong way to go."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Akira, Kaito, how have you two been? Feels great to be here." Reiji offered with a smile as he shook their hands. There was a hint of sadness in it - this was the first time he'd been with a family since his had been ---

But now's not the time for that.

"I can't wait to taste what the two of you cooked. Been a while since I tried anything I didn't make myself - I got a little better at it, but I've still got a looooooooooong way to go."
    "It really is good to have you here. Maybe we should see about bringing you by more often? If you want to, that is."

Hinata chuckled.

"I'd like to think my food tastes okay by most standards."

"Mom, your cooking is awesome. Don't be so modest about it."

Akira just shook his head at the exchange.

"Less talking about the food, more eating the food! Come on, you all!"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #395
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Furousha Shop]

Viatrix smiles, setting the camera on the table and seeing to storing away the cash. She returns shortly, looking to the quizzical Izanagi. "Now, I've got a little business proposition for you."

She has a seat at the table next to Fuchs, across from her guest. "That camera doesn't take normal pictures. I can tell that you see things. But normal technology isn't designed to capture what you see, right?"

"Now I'm no photographer. But I think we could both stand to profit from an arrangement where you take a few pictures of things you see around town, and I buy them from you to do what I wish with them."

[Izanagi Aso, Freelance Photographer, Unknowingly Spiritually Aware Human] (in the Furousha Shop waiting area with Viatrix)

Izanagi sits down as she takes the cash and returns. He looks a bit at the camera on the table before she returns. As she sits he looks back up at her, then as she explains briefly the camera's ability and her proposal he looks down again to the camera with a furrowed brow before looking back at her. Still a bit confused he reaches out tot he camera and picks it up, holding it as he remembers holding such camera's.

"So...this thing will capture all the weird stuff and ghost peopel i see?... Really?.....and wait...you want me to take photo's of those ghosts...and you'll pay me for em?...." he continues after a moment.. "...and how will i know what you want pictures of?...and i mean..how does it work even?" trailing off again...

Izanagi is a little dumbstruck...this deal seems too good to be true, plsu he still didnt know exactly what it was he was seeing.

His eyes moved back to hers as he held the camera.

"it all sounds great...but wait...if this kind of camera exists...then that means there are lots of folks who can see what i see?....i mean...wait..what is it that i am seeing?"

His eyes to her now are far beyond juist curiosity, they are far more concerned and looking onto her as if his soul depended on knowing the answers it was if someone was opening a book unread and unknown of by him.

The only other thing Izanagi wanted to do right now was take photo's of this girl, which meant one of two things...either he was attracted to her, or he thought she was potentially the most fascinating person he had ever met....or potentially both...

6. - Top - End - #396
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "It really is good to have you here. Maybe we should see about bringing you by more often? If you want to, that is."

Hinata chuckled.

"I'd like to think my food tastes okay by most standards."

"Mom, your cooking is awesome. Don't be so modest about it."

Akira just shook his head at the exchange.

"Less talking about the food, more eating the food! Come on, you all!"
    "I agree with Akira, it's unfair to our stomaches, AND the cooks, to keep waiting.

Er, which way to the bathroom? I'd like to wash my hands first."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I'll show you, Mr. Reiji."

Kaito nods to his parents, a small smile on his face. The boy seemed to genuinely like Reiji, it was most likely the rather formal mode of dress that had caused his earlier stiffness.

"I'm with you and dad about getting to the food fast!"

It turned out there was a small, convenient half-bath just a few feet down the hall.

"Sink's right there, soap's on the right-hand side."

8. - Top - End - #398
    Orc in the Playground

"Thanks, kiddo."

Reiji's normal work attire could be considered... informal, when you stop to think about it. But there was still the tension of meeting someone for the first time.

The prosecutor seemed to get around alright. Apparently, twenty years or so without light can teach you that much.

In a matter of a couple of minutes, he was back.

"I'm back! So, what are we having?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #399
    Orc in the Playground

[Furousha Shop]

"You'll know what you're looking for when you see it. Don't worry too much aside from that." Viatrix is still smiling innocently.

"You could say that I'm in the business of the spiritual. People involved in these matters are usually loaded. I mean, just look at me." She looks like she has to stifle the urge to laugh. "I wouldn't want to ruin it for you, though. I find it better for people to learn things on their own."

"How's double your normal rate sound? Interested?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Thanks, kiddo."

Reiji's normal work attire could be considered... informal, when you stop to think about it. But there was still the tension of meeting someone for the first time.

The prosecutor seemed to get around alright. Apparently, twenty years or so without light can teach you that much.

In a matter of a couple of minutes, he was back.

"I'm back! So, what are we having?"
    Reiji is ushered to his seat by Kaito, who then takes his own seat. All the food seems to be laid out before them, and it's quite a spread. Hinata speaks up, for the benefit of the guest.

"Well, I fixed up some curry bread, plenty of teriyaki salmon and vegetables, a sunomono vegetable mix, and for dessert, we have chocolate-chip melonpans. Hopefully you'll enjoy."

Kaito's barely keeping himself from drooling on the table; Akira's had a few more years to practice self-control.

"Let us know if you, ah, need some help."

With that, the group would presumably dig in, enjoying an excellently-cooked meal!

11. - Top - End - #401
    Orc in the Playground

One mouth-watering, delectable meal later.

"Heavens above, I can die happy after this meal."

And then there's the loud screeching of tires on the street.

At the risk of sounding obvious, the narrator advises to be careful what you wish for.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

One mouth-watering, delectable meal later.

"Heavens above, I can die happy after this meal."

And then there's the loud screeching of tires on the street.

At the risk of sounding obvious, the narrator advises to be careful what you wish for.
    Akira frowns at the screeching. Hinata glances at both her husband and Reiji, before looking towards the door as well.

"Who's that?"

Kaito seems more curious than anything, though he does catch a hint of the worry his parents are exhibiting.

"You weren't expecting anyone, were you honey? Kaito? Reiji?"

Akira and Hinata both begin to stand, signaling for Kaito to stay where he is.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Orc in the Playground

"I've got no one waiting for --"

At this point, Reiji hears something particularly worrisome, as he tenses up almost immediately and bolts out of his seat.

"EVERYBODY HIT THE DECK, NOW!!"

He leaps for Hinata and Akira first, as they are already standing up and are thus bigger targets. Almost less than a fraction after he yells and jumps, the bullets start flying. The window shatters with a deafening noise as whoever Reiji sensed starts emptying as much ammo as they might be carrying into the house.

A couple of stray bullets howl mere inches from Kaito's face. Yet the boy has the distinct feeling they're redirected.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The whole Watanabe family was, for a split second, frozen in shock. Akira grunted as Reiji impacted him, while Hinata wasn't too proud to give out a short scream of fear. Though it was mostly for herself.

Kaito sat there frozen for a few precious moments.

'They sound like flies buzzing past your head...'

"KAITO!"

His mother's panicked scream brought him to full alertness. But instead of immediately diving to one side, he spent a few seconds forming and focusing his will.

The result was an angled wall of telekinetic force that protected all of them as they lay on the ground. Bullets were directed away from them. If he had more skill and time, perhaps Kaito could have kept their home from further damage. As it was, he could only protect his family.

Even as he was sliding from his seat to the ground, anger boiled up within him. Only this time, he could do something.

"Mom, Dad, I'm alright. I'm not hurt."

His voice wasn't so much "eerily calm" as it was "strangely distracted". Akira and Hinata couldn't clearly see much of their son, but just hearing his voice made them relax.

But Kaito was doing more than relaxing. He was concentrating. The next wave of bullets had about a half-dozen of their member stopped cold in midair, before they were summarily sent back the way they came, albeit backwards. It hadn't taken more than holding one hand palm-out towards the projectiles. The sounds of breaking automotive glass, ricochets off of metal, and panicked yells all brought a slight smile to Kaito's face.

Reiji might not be able to see, but his reiatsu sense would have to be utterly blind to not feel that Kaito was doing something.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Furousha Shop]

"You'll know what you're looking for when you see it. Don't worry too much aside from that." Viatrix is still smiling innocently.

"You could say that I'm in the business of the spiritual. People involved in these matters are usually loaded. I mean, just look at me." She looks like she has to stifle the urge to laugh. "I wouldn't want to ruin it for you, though. I find it better for people to learn things on their own."

"How's double your normal rate sound? Interested?"
    [Izanagi Aso, Freelance Photographer, Unknowingly Spiritually Aware Human] (in the Furousha Shop waiting area with Viatrix)

Izanagi doesn't say anything for a few moments, but not thinking of her offer...more thinking on her words like "spiritual" and "people involved in these matters"..and finally "learn things on your own"...and having heard that his face lengthens slightly in some frustration.

He had wanted to get some answers, and all this woman was giving him was some weird device so he could take photo's of what he saw, he still had no idea what it was or why he was seeing them.

His face straightened up a bit as he looked on to her pretty face. Almost forgetting she was there for a moment.

"ah... yes... twice my rate..sure....sounds fine..."

He wanted to ask questions, he wanted answers, he wanted SOMETHING which would help bring him closer to understanding what was going on with not only him it seems but many people in the world. He had spent his whole life "trying to learn it on his own" as she put it and had not only not understood any of it, but had seriously considered thinking himself mentally unstable.

Now he has a machine which allows him to duplicate what he saw for others to see. Most of whom will not have a clue what he is seeing either, and more so treat him like he is crazy. It was bad enough thinking you yourself are crazy, but now everyone else can...

He tried to hide his frustration.

"...so...i still don't know exactly what it is you want...i am not sure MY eye is going to see what YOU want to have photo's of..." he paused and continued on without thinking...and with some frustration in his voice "...i have spent my whole life considering what i saw to be my imagination..."

"sigh..."

Izanagi realized he had continued on too far... and lowered his head a bit to her from across the table.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Orc in the Playground

And he wasn't, indeed. But there was something Reiji was more concerned about: he didn't think the Watanabes could take their kid having special powers on top of being assaulted.

The shooting stopped, replaced by yelling as the attackers outside argued. Then there was more frantic yelling as they spotted... something.

If Kaito looked out the window, he'd see a shadowy figure moving deftly in the darkness, before seeing two thugs going down.

It all seemed safe now.

"Hinata-san, Akira-san, are you two alright?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hinata and Akira stayed where they were for several long moments, unsure if things had truly settled down yet. Finally, they risked speaking up, after hearing Reiji's voice.

"We're fine, Reiji. What just-"

"Kaito! My baby, are you alright?"

She tried to rise and go to her son, but Akira's surprisingly strong arm kept her pinned to the ground for a moment. Her worries eased immensely when her son spoke up.

"I'm still fine, mom. Somehow."

He was frowning, his expression one of puzzlement. Who was that shadowy figure?

18. - Top - End - #408
    Orc in the Playground

"They've stopped shooting, but I hear no sound of a car... Keep your heads down, they may be coming in to confirm their shots."

And the police would soon be on their way, too... probably.

"Akira-kun, your service weapon. Do you keep it in the house?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito unconsciously flexed his fingers. A small part of him wanted to go out there and possibly give these attackers a piece of his mind. Preferably via telekinesis. But most of him was still a rather frightened 16-year-old boy who was coming down from an adrenaline high.

"Master bedroom, safe by the bookcase. I'll go get it now."

Inspector Akira started to get to his hands and knees, his intent being to crawl until out of immediate sight of the destroyed window, then run for said gun safe.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Orc in the Playground

"You'd best go together if you can. I'll find a place to hide - I'd only slow you down otherwise.

Don't worry, this isn't my first shoot-out."
    Reiji assured him. Then turned to Kaito.

"Kaito-kun, you go with your father."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito gave Reiji a questioning look, then a firm nod. He too rose to a crawling position, even as Akira was already heading for the safety of a nearby wall corner. But instead of simply following his father, Kaito moved to his mother, who seemed to be in a bit of a daze.

"Come on, mom! Let's go!"

He hissed the words out as he tugged at her arm. It was enough to get Hinata moving, and the two quickly joined Akira as they headed down the hall.

Reiji likely felt the invisible shield that covered them as they moved; it was made such that any blocks would just look like bullets barely missing the family.

Which meant that Reiji was alone in the bullet-riddled kitchen.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Orc in the Playground

Which was perfect, because now he had the opportunity to interrogate the assailants.

The climbing is uneventful, and if the Watanabes spend more than five minutes there, they can hear the sirens wailing. If they can see the front of their street from the master bedroom, they will see police cars.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Which was perfect, because now he had the opportunity to interrogate the assailants.

The climbing is uneventful, and if the Watanabes spend more than five minutes there, they can hear the sirens wailing. If they can see the front of their street from the master bedroom, they will see police cars.
    Indeed, despite a momentary urge on Akira's part to go back out and fight, Hinata convinced him to just bunker down in the bedroom. Only when they heard sirens did he stand and carefully move towards the front of the house.

Upon seeing the police cars, he will lower his service pistol and call back to his family.

"Hinata, Kaito, it's all clear. The police are here now."

Slowly, carefully, mother and son moved into the hall to stand by Akira. All three of them took stock of the damage to the house, standing there in numb shock at the sheer carnage that had been wrought.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Orc in the Playground

Reiji already seemed to be talking to the police. Upon noticing that the guard he was talking to seemed distracted, he noticed that the Watanabes were still inside and called out.

"It's okay, everyone! They've got the shooters!"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The whole family walks outside, still taking in the totality of the scene.

"Okay, how in the world did you stay safe, Reiji? I thought you were going to be right behind us? I nearly went after you!"

Hinata walked over to one of the attending officers and spoke quietly to him.

"Do we know who did this? Or why?"

Kaito, meanwhile, stood as if in a trance, trying to take in every detail about everything...including their assailants.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Near Silva's apartment]

Sora might soon notice he's not the only one heading for the door. "Hello, Namikaze-kun. How's your day been?", Yui shouts from the street, grinning. My what sharp teeth she has... it's qute a scary grin. "Just came here from chatting with your childhood friend. You haven't been keeping as much contact to her as you should have, hmmm?"
    Sora had been walking on the other side of the street, idly sipping the coffee. It had been a good day. He had destroyed the accursed photographs, and nothing could go wrong. He raised a hand at Yui's grin.

"Afternoon, Ota-san." He's being bizarrely polite, considering the usual nature of his informal speech. As she continues, he stops short, and the coffee of the gods falls to the ground. No. That did not happen, that couldn't happen. Izumi wouldn't betray him to some person off the street, even if they claimed he was dying, right? He remembered that promise, the promise from the day his parents died. She wouldn't just break that promise for any reason, would she?

"I... I'm not sure what you're referring too. I spoke to Izumi a few hours ago, and we're going to have coffee on Saturday." A clench, an ache began to throb in his chest.

"Did... Did something happen to her?"
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Orc in the Playground

"I told you this wasn't my first shoot-out, didn't I? I only needed to know where they were at any given time.

Anyhoo, it seems they were already incapacitated when the police arrived. But no one seems to know who did it, and the two shooters are unconscious..."

"We can't tell for certain until dispatch gets back to us," the officer Hinata spoke to replied, "but we're fairly certain these two clowns are Chiza Komushi and Mizube Hiroki. They've got some pretty big rapsheets, but this is their first crime on this scale. I think they were trying to impress someone.

Either way, it would be best if we relocated you guys at least for the night, in case they try to send someone else. Do you have anyone you can stay with?"

"If Kaito-san and Hinata-san don't mind, I'd offer them my house for them to stay as long as they need."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I know it would be horrible of us to ask, but thank you for the-"

"Mom? Dad? Could I maybe...just stay with a friend? Maybe Nakahiro? Not tonight, I guess, but maybe after that? It's not that I don't appreciate Mr. Reiji's offer, but I might feel kind of...I dunno. Cramped?"

The truth was, he figured it might be better for two of the kids to stay close, in case of a random Hollow attack. But he couldn't say that out loud.

"I don't know...Someone out there tried to hurt us. Hurt my baby."

The look of cold fury on her face causes a couple of the nearby officers to blanch. Akira and Kaito weather it a bit better, but it still shocks them a bit.

"Kaito, I swear. Your Mom and Dad will find out who did this, and stop them."

29. - Top - End - #419
    Orc in the Playground

"I was in the crossfire too, y'know." Reiji said, practically sweatdropping.

He had a hard time pretending he couldn't see the look of sheer awe-striking indignation in Hinata's face.

"It might not be the best idea to split up like that, Kaito. I promise you, it will only be for a few days - we'll catch the ones responsible for this."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ettin in the Playground

A random hollow howls in the distance.

----

The Distance

Pale fangs bury deep and tear off part of a white mask belonging to a thing as tall as three men, but pinned to the ground by something even larger, sleek and covered by a long white carapace.

"My queen, the reiatsu blockers will not prevent your prey's screams from reaching out."

Gralster gets a fingerbone thrown at his eye.

"No man or woman, alive, shinigami or hollowed deserves to be made to deal with you when you are about to deliver, my lady."

Gralster gets a foot thrown at his mouth.

"..."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing