New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

Viatrix seems unamused as she sighs, and turns to the Ghost King. "This is a busy store indeed. What can I do for you?"

Never mind the fact that one of the Espada are not ten feet from the bount.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ettin in the Playground

Von Geister doesn't give Mei a whole lot of attention.

"Mister Lobosolo here needs a reiatsu-concealing gigai to solve an extant personal matter in the mortal world."

Living blight is spreading all over Viatrix's floor. Darn hollow lichens.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Allan Crossdale

Allan nods.

"Good. Lock on to me. Give me a head start, then fire them."
    Dynamic Steel gives Allan a look that's hard to interpret behind that metal faceplate.

'Guess not all Shinigami are like that psycho from earlier.'

He nodded at Allan's plan, mentally reprogramming the missiles. The Reaper clearly had something in mind beyond assisted suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    The cloud, in fact, doesn't move at all. The young boy tears through the mist with ease, the blade absorbing ambient spiritual energy rather than cutting the cloud, but the end result is the same. "Well, that's unexpected. Guess it's time to start getting a move on. Mosey on out of here. I have things to do, after all!" The words are spoken loud enough to be heard by the surrounding group as Sereg begins speeding toward the hole that was blasted with his cero, turning back to normal and using sonido as soon as he was able to ram into the soft unprotected ground and begin tunneling.
    Dynamic frowns inside his helmet as the Espada tears up the street and tries to run.

"Shinigami, give me a few moments before trying your plan."

With a roar of rockets, he positions himself above the hole.

With a sound not unlike a demonic zipper, a virtual solid line of bullets flew out of the heretofore silent minigun on his shoulder. No one bullet was that powerful...But he was spraying a large number of them into the hole after Sereg.

After about 15 seconds, he stopped firing the high-powered automatic weapon. Only to bring his acid sprayer up and unleash a high-pressure stream of acid in a straight line, keeping the actual spray release more tightly contained than his earlier cone. After 15 seconds, he stopped that as well. He cried out to the others.

"Shinigami! Vincent! Other Quincy! Make your move!"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #514
    Bugbear in the Playground

Allan Crossdale

Allan's face sets into a mask of concentration when the human agrees to his plan. He nods silently when he is told to wait. In this time, he inverts himself in the air so that he is "standing" upside down, and crouches in preparation. After Dynamic Steel finishes with his barrage of fire, Allan lunges forward, snapping his legs out straight as he zips towards the hole made by Sereg. He holds a hand out so that it is visible to the armored human, all five fingers extended. He quickly counts down with his fingers, reaching zero a few seconds before he enters the hole. Using a combination of his speed and the pull of his sword, he is able to keep just ahead of the missiles, leading them on just behind him. Unimpeded by the dirt, he quickly closes in on Sereg's position.

Now for the fun part.

Winding up, Allan hurls his Zanpakuto forward. The blade flies from his hand, burying itself to the hilt above Sereg's shoulder. Allan concentrates for a moment, then disappears. Instantaneously, he reappears in front of Sereg, one hand on the hilt of his sword. Without hesitation, he jabs powerfully at Sereg's face before aiming both feet at the Espada's chest, releasing an inhumanly powerful kick. The tunnel affords little room to dodge, and if the kick connects, Sereg will be knocked into the oncoming missiles.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As soon as Allan had reached the "0" count on his hands, Dynamic Steel fired two missiles. He made sure to track their progress from his current position.

'He's not fast enough to-Oh. Huh. Nice trick.'

He sees the sudden burst of speed Allan puts on. And he sees Sereg's signature suddenly moving towards the missiles. When they hit, it out to give the creature some pause, at least.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Allan Crossdale

Allan's face sets into a mask of concentration when the human agrees to his plan. He nods silently when he is told to wait. In this time, he inverts himself in the air so that he is "standing" upside down, and crouches in preparation. After Dynamic Steel finishes with his barrage of fire, Allan lunges forward, snapping his legs out straight as he zips towards the hole made by Sereg. He holds a hand out so that it is visible to the armored human, all five fingers extended. He quickly counts down with his fingers, reaching zero a few seconds before he enters the hole. Using a combination of his speed and the pull of his sword, he is able to keep just ahead of the missiles, leading them on just behind him. Unimpeded by the dirt, he quickly closes in on Sereg's position.

Now for the fun part.

Winding up, Allan hurls his Zanpakuto forward. The blade flies from his hand, burying itself to the hilt above Sereg's shoulder. Allan concentrates for a moment, then disappears. Instantaneously, he reappears in front of Sereg, one hand on the hilt of his sword. Without hesitation, he jabs powerfully at Sereg's face before aiming both feet at the Espada's chest, releasing an inhumanly powerful kick. The tunnel affords little room to dodge, and if the kick connects, Sereg will be knocked into the oncoming missiles.

Sereg pauses slightly as the sword embeds into the dirt, but a slight laugh follows when Allen appears. "Nice trick. I've got one of my own." Sereg's long legs stab toward Crossdale to sink into him and pull him with the hollow toward the missiles. As he gets thrown into the trajectory, with or without Crossdale, a long whip of energy slices through the air into the missile, again causing one to explode prematurely. Sereg swiftly moves from the other one, letting it continue it's course toward Allen below.

Sereg then whips around in the air, facing back toward the hole he had created, and charges a cero to fire at Crossdale.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-05-09 at 01:14 PM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

7. - Top - End - #517

[Sora and Silva's Apartment of Fun]

Sora opened the door, a small click was sounded as he walked through, shutting it behind him. He walked over to the couch, falling onto it as he grabbed a book off the nearby coffee stand.

Anybody who didn't know him well would have been shocked. He appeared completely comfortable in this situation. Of being inside someone else's house. Because he didn't really seem to live there, only to stop by.

A lot.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Von Geister doesn't give Mei a whole lot of attention.

"Mister Lobosolo here needs a reiatsu-concealing gigai to solve an extant personal matter in the mortal world."

Living blight is spreading all over Viatrix's floor. Darn hollow lichens.
    Viatrix eyes the blight, then nods. "¥2,200,000. Since you're... well, royalty, I can give you a good deal." Never mind the fact that she is pretty gutsy asking anything of the Ghost King.

She pulls out her specialized camera, snapping a photo of Garoux.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Sayaka
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Houheiden]

Sayaka was staring out from the shrine in distraction when Haruaki put a hand on her shoulder.

"There are much bigger things in this world and beyond it. There are things that we should not interfere with." He said.

"What about the people who are in danger?" Sayaka asked.

"There are always people in danger, Sayaka." Her father said.

Sayaka frowned. If she was there...

Then she would just be a victim too.

Sayaka rested her head on her broom and thought.
    Ken stepped forward from behind Sayaka and stood at her side. "He's right. Simply wanting to help in this situation is admirable in and of itself," he said softly. He too looked ahead as he spoke. "If you really want to do something, focus on maintaining that sincere feeling so you can act on it in the future."

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Viatrix eyes the blight, then nods. "¥2,200,000. Since you're... well, royalty, I can give you a good deal." Never mind the fact that she is pretty gutsy asking anything of the Ghost King.

"Ah, Viatrix, Viatrix, why must you always ask for so much? It is not like any of us actually have any mortal jobs and receive any mortal money... And after that big economical fluke a few years back... It is only good that I keep most of my material holdings in antiques lost far too deep, where it is too cold and too dark for men to reach..."

"Ah well."

Von geister rummages his pocket for a few gold coins, handing them to Viatrix.

"Egyptian gold. Older than just about everyone else I know who is still alive. Should fetch you the asked price and then some."

The blight at Von geister's feet grow eyes and stares off into the distance, frowning somewhat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Ken stepped forward from behind Sayaka and stood at her side. "He's right. Simply wanting to help in this situation is admirable in and of itself," he said softly. He too looked ahead as he spoke. "If you really want to do something, focus on maintaining that sincere feeling so you can act on it in the future."
    Sayaka

Sayaka jumped as Ken spoke. Being distracted, she had not heard him arrive. But he was offering good advice. If she wanted to do something, she must get stronger.
    "You're right." She agreed.

"I'm glad you agree with me." Haruaki said with a smile.
    Soon there was a broom in his face.
    "Not you father. I can't just sit and do nothing. I have to become stronger." Sayaka said. Her father appears from behind the broom.
    "You're not a Quincy, Sayaka." He warned now, ignoring Ken's presence for the moment.

"I know. But this world doesn't need more Quincy. It needs more people who find balance and can bring harmony. But I can't do that if I'm hiding here." Sayaka said. She held the broom with two hands and to show a strong look in her eyes.
    "We serve the August 8 Million. Surely there is more we can do than just hide here. So stop telling me to do such a thing."

She said, and then hurried away to the other side of the shrine. Some way to get stronger... She wanted to learn. But at a loss, she thought frantically while cleaning cicadas with the broom.

Haruaki looked on in silence for a minute.
    My daughter is growing up to be as fiery as my wife. Can a father be more worried and proud?
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    "Ah, Viatrix, Viatrix, why must you always ask for so much? It is not like any of us actually have any mortal jobs and receive any mortal money... And after that big economical fluke a few years back... It is only good that I keep most of my material holdings in antiques lost far too deep, where it is too cold and too dark for men to reach..."

"Ah well."

Von geister rummages his pocket for a few gold coins, handing them to Viatrix.

"Egyptian gold. Older than just about everyone else I know who is still alive. Should fetch you the asked price and then some."

The blight at Von geister's feet grow eyes and stares off into the distance, frowning somewhat.
    Roux stifles a growl as Viatrix photos him.

"This'd better be worth it."

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Sereg pauses slightly as the sword embeds into the dirt, but a slight laugh follows when Allen appears. "Nice trick. I've got one of my own." Sereg's long legs stab toward Crossdale to sink into him and pull him with the hollow toward the missiles. As he gets thrown into the trajectory, with or without Crossdale, a long whip of energy slices through the air into the missile, again causing one to explode prematurely. Sereg swiftly moves from the other one, letting it continue it's course toward Allen below.

Sereg then whips around in the air, facing back toward the hole he had created, and charges a cero to fire at Crossdale.
    Dynamic Steel uttered several curses as he saw his missiles destroyed.

"How did he just ignore the initial barrage! Damn it!"

He hesitated on firing. While part of him wouldn't mind hurting the Shinigami, he knew the time wasn't right. Besides, for a Reaper, this one wasn't nearly as bad. Instead, he called out over his shoulder.

"Help would be appreciated for us!"

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

Haruaki looked on in silence for a minute.
    My daughter is growing up to be as fiery as my wife. Can a father be more worried and proud?
    Ken turned to Haruaki, clearly somewhat apprehensive. "I hope I'm not being a nuisance. I meant for my words to be interpreted however she'd like, not to specifically encourage her to aim to fight. I intended to optionally suggest she just wait for an opportunity to help others without being put in serious danger."

15. - Top - End - #525
    Orc in the Playground

"Moving to intercept!"

With that said, 1864 dashed after Sereg, trying to catch up to him, or cut him off if possible. They obviously needed the Arrancar not running away.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken turned to Haruaki, clearly somewhat apprehensive. "I hope I'm not being a nuisance. I meant for my words to be interpreted however she'd like, not to specifically encourage her to aim to fight. I intended to optionally suggest she just wait for an opportunity to help others without being put in serious danger."
    Haruaki

"You should go explain that to her then. Don't worry, she won't violently hit you with a broom." Haruaki laughed ruefully. "And if she tries, then you have my permission to be extra strict when tutoring her this evening~☆"

What does Haruaki think? Well, he is human of course.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright." Ken swiftly followed after Sayaka and was once more to her side, this time a few feet away. "What I said a moment ago was to be taken however you wanted. I wasn't trying to say that you should specifically seek to get stronger to fight hollows. I just meant that you should be patient and save your desire to help others for when better opportunities arise. At the same time, I fully support your decision to do so."

18. - Top - End - #528
    Orc in the Playground

[Battle vs. Sereg]

"Sōren Hado: Tenran! Hyōga Seiran!" A massive blast of air buffets Sereg towards his pursuers, followed by a wave of ice that threatens to freeze him in place. It is barely moments later that he may notice the diminutive source of the attacks.

Hibiki looks upon the arrancar foe with cold eyes, as he doesn't hesitate to continue the assault.

"Sōren Hado: Shakkahō! Umi no Tsurugi!" A blast of fire, followed by a wave of water, conjured from the sewers. Hibiki then motions, concentrating his third salvo with earnest.

"Sprinkled on the bones of the beast! Sharp tower, red crystal, steel ring..." Electricity crackles in the clouds above...

This was obviously no time for witty banter. An Espada in the world of the living was unacceptable fare.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-05-10 at 02:38 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #529

Allan

In an impressive display of dexterity, Allan manages to avoid all of Sereg claws, twisting agilely out of the way. He lands on the ground, clenching his fist as Sereg destroys one missile and dodges the other, escaping the tunnel entirely. Worse, the other missile is now headed straight for him.

Oh boy.

Outside of the tunnel, a large explosion is seen as the missile detonates. The shinigami's sword is hurled upwards by the force of the explosion, but of Allan, there is no sign.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Takeshi sat in the warehouse district of Phoenix Town, glancing around for a suitable location. He’d ned to do this fast though so far no one’d chase him. The mortals were sure going to feel the first of this though…and probably Soul Society…but that was an idea. Takeshi suddenly races off until he’s over the ocean, glancing around before forming a series of barriers. If this worked…any spiritual being in Japan would see this. He folded the barriers in on themselves, stacking them higher and thicker until a solid white cube one hundred feet by one hundred feet formed. The barriers number and closeness was what was giving it the odd almost unearthly white color that seemed to thrum with energy. He slowly flew away, turning and aiming a finger at the slowly disappearing glow. He’d practiced the spell so many times it was almost as if it was a breath, two blasts of lightning lancing out from his finger tips to race into the distance before diving under the ocean.

The explosion could be seen from the coast of Japan, lighting up the sky with a glow even the spiritually unaware would be able to see. What was more, the explosion could be felt by any spiritual being even as far as the Hawaiian Islands, a wave of energy thick and deep like the ocean itself. Takeshi didn’t know if he could hold his breath for to long but as the shockwave of the explosion doubled back he broke the surface for a few thankful gasps for breath. That should prove a good enough distraction for the time being. He raced off towards Phoenix Town once more, shivering a little from the cold. The mortal world was going to take some getting used to.
    Different groups in the Mortal World had different reactions.

[Watanabe House]

Kaito and his family had just gotten into the car when the explosion lit up the horizon and rumbled the ground. Kaito all but clung to his mother, even as his parents looked at each other helplessly. They had a bad feeling about this.

Which was nothing compared to the gut-wrenching terror Kaito was feeling. He was shedding the tears of a boy who'd finally cast off the last of his innocence born from ignorance of the spiritual world. They were bitter tears indeed...

[Battle with Sereg]

Dynamic Steel hadn't protested as another Reaper made his presence known in the fight. Couldn't hurt to throw him in. He wasn't proud enough to-

And then, for a couple of terrible seconds, his sensors were all but blinded in an explosion out to sea. Almost immediately, he had paniced monitoring techs in his ear. He switched his comm setup around so only he and the people at the base could hear him; to those outside his armor, he was silent as a statue.

"Repeat that. Okay, you're sure the signal matched that of Shinigami, not Hollow? Yes, I realize it was a big frakking explosion. I'll remind you this isn't the time for sarcasm. Okay, you can confirm there were no civilian casualties? What do you mean "it's a big fat nothing out there". There...was an explosion. Hm. Okay.

Send two of the Survey UAVs, both fully loaded with SCAR droids. One of them goes right over the middle of the area, the other patrols about 50 miles out. Standard search pattern. And make sure our land-bound forces are still alert. I don't like this, and I don't want us getting caught with our pants down.
    "

He frowned as he terminated the link. Just what game were these Reapers playing, really?

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright." Ken swiftly followed after Sayaka and was once more to her side, this time a few feet away. "What I said a moment ago was to be taken however you wanted. I wasn't trying to say that you should specifically seek to get stronger to fight hollows. I just meant that you should be patient and save your desire to help others for when better opportunities arise. At the same time, I fully support your decision to do so."
    Sayaka

Sayaka looked at Ken and nodded.
    "I understand." She said, absently sweeping.
    "But I don't want to feel helpless again. I can't make mistakes like that again." She said with a small shudder. "I don't even know what happened now, but something has changed. I'm different now because of what happened. So..."

She pauses. "I won't do something stupid. I'll be patient and help people when I can. But what about you Ken?" She looked at him curiously.

"This is the world I have grown up knowing, but-"

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    The explosion could be seen from the coast of Japan, lighting up the sky with a glow even the spiritually unaware would be able to see. What was more, the explosion could be felt by any spiritual being even as far as the Hawaiian Islands, a wave of energy thick and deep like the ocean itself. Takeshi didn’t know if he could hold his breath for to long but as the shockwave of the explosion doubled back he broke the surface for a few thankful gasps for breath. That should prove a good enough distraction for the time being. He raced off towards Phoenix Town once more, shivering a little from the cold. The mortal world was going to take some getting used to.
    And suddenly there is an attack of wind that makes Sayaka's hair blow angrily. She winces and turns to look, her eyes reflect the bright light. Around Houheiden there is a shimmer of the Shrine's barrier. Sayaka felt her knees become weak, and she fell to the ground with her hands together. Prayer, strength, reinforce. The talismans in her sleeves flutter in the wind, and then pause around her as she focuses with all of her strength.
    Reinforce.
    Reinforce.
    Reinforce!

The light and wind fades, the barrier of Houheiden doesn't fall. Haruaki looks concerned towards the sea, and then walks towards the shrine. Sayaka looks worried.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2011-05-10 at 08:21 AM.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi and Chiyoko

If the first burst of Reiatsu made Chiyoko faint, the second actually serves the purpose of waking her up- although she has trouble breathing for a few seconds.

Izumi looks grim as she goes to check on her sister, the two whispering together.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-05-10 at 08:10 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #533

[Battle vs. Sereg]

"Sōren Hado: Tenran! Hyōga Seiran!" A massive blast of air buffets Sereg towards his pursuers, followed by a wave of ice that threatens to freeze him in place. It is barely moments later that he may notice the diminutive source of the attacks.

Hibiki looks upon the arrancar foe with cold eyes, as he doesn't hesitate to continue the assault.

"Sōren Hado: Shakkahō! Umi no Tsurugi!" A blast of fire, followed by a wave of water, conjured from the sewers. Hibiki then motions, concentrating his third salvo with earnest.

"Sprinkled on the bones of the beast! Sharp tower, red crystal, steel ring..." Electricity crackles in the clouds above...

This was obviously no time for witty banter. An Espada in the world of the living was unacceptable fare.
    Sereg's buffeted by the wind as he moves, knocking him and causing his body to twist in the air. Or was that his counter? Four long legas spread out and one can see that each of the sharp tips was pressing against the air using rieatsu. Sereg was stabilizing himself. Before the wave of ice reached him Sereg brings his right hand to bear, the charged cero fires into the second kido, causing the energy to become a solid block of dark red ice and to hurtle toward Hibiki.

The four legs tense strongly as the fire and then water come from below, pushing Sereg into sonido faster than he usually does to avoid the attacks. Sereg's feet touch the ground just before he bursts into sonido again, getting him to a location chosen seemingly at random.

His right hand raises again, the black energy on his fingertips as he points the collected reiatsu toward the inner part of the city.

"I'm getting tired of this exercise, really. If anyone makes a move to attack me, I'll blow a hole into this quiet little town. You won't ever again see the city in pristine condition, and you will be blamed for it. I cannot be seen by the mortals. You on the other hand have made quite the spectacle." Sereg's tone and previous attitude shows no signs of a bluff. Nothing to call an no way to be certain he won't. "Stand still. I'll stand still. No one has to die here, and soon I'll be on my way."
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-05-10 at 12:11 PM.

24. - Top - End - #534

Allan

As Allan's sword whirls through the air, he reappears next to it, holding the blade in one hand. He's a bit dirtier than he was before, but otherwise seems to have escaped harm from the missile...somehow. He stabilizes his position on the air, then points his Zanpakuto at Sereg. He is currently between Sereg and the projected target of the Cero.

"In case you hadn't noticed, you already blew a hole in the city. If you think you can just kill all those people and leave, you've got another thing coming!"

Despite his bravado, Allan is far more concerned than he let on.

I called for backup ages ago. Why isn't anyone here?

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    Spoiler
    Show
    And suddenly there is an attack of wind that makes Sayaka's hair blow angrily. She winces and turns to look, her eyes reflect the bright light. Around Houheiden there is a shimmer of the Shrine's barrier. Sayaka felt her knees become weak, and she fell to the ground with her hands together. Prayer, strength, reinforce. The talismans in her sleeves flutter in the wind, and then pause around her as she focuses with all of her strength.
    Reinforce.
    Reinforce.
    Reinforce!

The light and wind fades, the barrier of Houheiden doesn't fall. Haruaki looks concerned towards the sea, and then walks towards the shrine. Sayaka looks worried.
    Ken instinctively dove in attempt to catch Sayaka as she fell and propped her up. "Geez, it's just one thing after another. Are you ok?" He naturally shared her look of concern. Seeing her buckle reminded him of how he had found her lying on the pavement, trembling, with a hollow looming over her just a few days ago.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

Somewhere in Phoenix Town...

A shadow lowered his binoculars. The reiatsu signature he had detected was so large, he had to be sure. Nothing that large came without notice, and the target was sure to have known that. And blowing up the sea was a good way to get noticed, not necessarily left alone. Watching the movements of his quarry had been surprisingly easy, and after some thought and some analysis, he was certain that this was no mere shinigami. And what was most interesting was that the target was not leaving.

Normally, he preferred not to use communication such as this. But this occasion was special. The phone opened and began dialing immediately. As soon as the tone ended, the shadow spoke his piece. "Shinigami. High rank. Spotted off pier. Let the Employer know. Perhaps good time."

The shadow faded into the darkness once more. Perhaps it was time to move.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-05-10 at 05:54 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"That's right, every SCAR that isn't out over the ocean should be here fifteen seconds ago!"

Even as he was berating the junior officers of SWORD, a virtual swarm of SCAR droids was starting to make itself known at the edge of the battle. More and more collected, until there were a few dozen of them loitering about at the edge of the battlefield. Waiting. Watching.

Dynamic Steel kept his weapons trained on Sereg as he slowly made his way to also stand in the path of the energy blast.

"You're something else, you know that? You barge into this city, acting like we owe you something. Blathering about a watch, but refusing a peaceful compromise that was presented to you. You proceeded to purposefully endanger the lives of civilians. And then, when your petulant self decides he's had enough fun, he threatens to kill more people if we don't let him get away without a single bloody scratch?"

All three heavy weapons suddenly pointed right at Sereg, and Dynamic Steel's one free hand was pointing palm-first at him.

"You might want to think things over again."

28. - Top - End - #538

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "That's right, every SCAR that isn't out over the ocean should be here fifteen seconds ago!"

Even as he was berating the junior officers of SWORD, a virtual swarm of SCAR droids was starting to make itself known at the edge of the battle. More and more collected, until there were a few dozen of them loitering about at the edge of the battlefield. Waiting. Watching.

Dynamic Steel kept his weapons trained on Sereg as he slowly made his way to also stand in the path of the energy blast.

"You're something else, you know that? You barge into this city, acting like we owe you something. Blathering about a watch, but refusing a peaceful compromise that was presented to you. You proceeded to purposefully endanger the lives of civilians. And then, when your petulant self decides he's had enough fun, he threatens to kill more people if we don't let him get away without a single bloody scratch?"

All three heavy weapons suddenly pointed right at Sereg, and Dynamic Steel's one free hand was pointing palm-first at him.

"You might want to think things over again."
    Sereg there after pulls out his own watch, opening the clasp with practiced ease and checking the time. "If I'm not safe in thirty more seconds, I've got a few people ready to release a flood of hollows onto the city after me as a Diversion. IF you really want to put everyone in harm's way, then by all means. This world means nothing to me, you know." He puts holds the watch in his hand but looks at the armored man. "Besides, you're the one who initiated the confrontation. The more you try to help everyone the more they become in danger."

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken instinctively dove in attempt to catch Sayaka as she fell and propped her up. "Geez, it's just one thing after another. Are you ok?" He naturally shared her look of concern. Seeing her buckle reminded him of how he had found her lying on the pavement, trembling, with a hollow looming over her just a few days ago.
    Sayaka

"Did..." Of course he felt it. But Sayaka, who had been raised in a world with the spiritual, and who was very developed of her senses- this was like a bomb shock.

She put a hand on her head. Of course it was a strict headache. Realizing that Ken was holding her again, she burned a little.
    "Thanks." She said, trying to stand again.

Something terrible had happened. There were still the presences fighting in the city somewhere. But there was a bigger feeling of dread now.

Kazari

On the top of a building, a schoolgirl youkai necklace is watching the sea with a fierce look.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

Suddenly, near Sereg, a Senkaimon opens, depositing five seated Shinigami on the scene.

One of them, a young-looking girl with a Wakizashi for a Zanpaktou, Flash-steps next to Allan. "Stand Firm, Boueisya!"

Her Zanpaktou transforms into a steel vambrace and gauntlet on her right arm, and she takes up a defensive Hakuda stance.

The other four all take up positions around her. "Allan-san, can you give me more information on the situation here?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine