New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

[Meeting Place]

Out of everyone there, Sora is the only one who appears apathetic. Rather unworried. Despite his misgivings with the whole "Reverse a trap set by people who could kidnap children from an elementary school" plan, he hasn't voiced any opinions.

"Great. We're all here. Wonderful. Now what's the plan?"

His voice sounds rather monotonous, and he's staring at a point six inches above Nakahiro's shoulder.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Bishop Angelo Damiano tails Sora to his secret hideout holding a meeting with his equally young friends. What confuses him is why the boy did not start chewing on the kids already, but instead engages in society with the rest. Is he not hungry? Does he not feed?

Angelo resumes his stealthy stalking, trying to get more information before going for his next move.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [Nakahiro team, meeting place]

When the Nakahiro team meets the Watanabe team, Sayaka is looking around with a sharp expression.
    "Even if it is a trap, there is no time to stop. We will have to rely on each other's skills. Let's go quickly." She suggested calmly.

The building is not so far from their meeting place. And hopefully they are not being watched. Except by a suspicious bird. Sayaka looks at Gabi again. But it was not so dangerous now. She had to be careful for the others. If there was a barrier or ward on the building, she would have to find it quickly.

She looked at the equipment of Watanabe team with a neutral look. It's a bad idea to rely on such things maybe, she thinks.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

4. - Top - End - #1264

Nakahiro nods at Sora's request for a plan.

"I've been thinking about that. First off, I think we should initiate a buddy system. That way, if things get out of hand everyone has someone to watch their back. YY street is the central and largest street in the warehouse district. Logically, if the kidnapper plans to meet us, then it would probably be there, so I suggest that Kaito and Izumi and their partners go down that street. Everyone else will take secondary or tertiary streets from there, but stay within hearing distance. That way, if/when first contact is made, other groups can be alerted and called in to help. That should prevent everyone from being caught in the same trap, and lets us outflank our enemies. Does that seem like a good plan to everyone?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nakahiro's right. To be honest, I think only Kaito, Ken and I should go, with everyone else as backup- the bigger the surprise, the better."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #1266

Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

Sora shrugs, hiding his misgivings once more. The likelihood they were being followed was pretty damn high, and he felt his newfound frenemies were underestimating the abilities of their opponents. Did they really think that Hollows couldn't sense the amount of spiritual pressure that having around twelve people standing outside of a building, all of which had spiritual abilities?

At that moment, he finally understood what Yui was saying. It's pointless to try to save people if the people are going to act like morons.

"Well... If you're all sure that this is a decent plan, I'm up for it."

"I just hope we survive this plan..."

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"In the time we have, it's the best we're going to get. I gives us at least a little flexibility. Unless...did you have any suggestions on how to alter it, Sora?"

Kaito seemed genuinely curious.

"And I agree with Izumi. Besides, between the three of us, we should be able to hold on until some or all of the rest of you arrived to back us up."

The boy is tapping the fingers of his right hand against his leg in a nervous gesture, clearly agitated by being so close, yet so far, to the end of this affair.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

8. - Top - End - #1268

Sora shrugs, a slight grin crossing his face.

"I don't have any suggestions, I'm just thinking the same thing the bird probably is."

He tilts his head towards the bird on top of Valeria's head.

"This plan'll only work if you lot can hide well enough to not be sensed by the two, clearly powerful, Hollows inside. Who probably know where we are right now. This plan assumes they don't know where we are, don't know what we're planning, and can't sense anything worth a damn."
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-07-08 at 09:34 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Izumi, Ken, and myself don't want to be hidden. That said..."

Kaito turned to look at Nakahiro and Sayaka.

"Nakahiro, think you could whip up some sort of short term "spiritual cloaking device" that at least masks the energy signature some people?

Sayaka, do you think you could do something to help disguise signatures?
    "

He turned to face Sora again.

"If they can disguise their signatures, that leaves the Hollows only knowing our location this instant. They break off, and they likely have to visibly display themselves to follow the others. And they likely know we're planning to not let them hurt our family. Beyond that, unless they've got super-hearing, we'll have at least some surprise.

But since there don't seem to be any spiritually-empowered adults willing to help us right this instant, this is what we've got. We're not experienced generals. We just need to roll with the punches and keep going.
    "
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka

Sayaka frowned and thought.

"I could make a talisman that lowered the signature, maybe. It would not be that different than a ward talisman. But there isn't enough for everyone."

She takes out some talisman and stops.

"Does someone have a red pen?"

11. - Top - End - #1271

Sora bit back a groan. He hated dealing with stubborn people, and he hated it even more when people ignored the facts.

But it wasn't like he could convince them. He couldn't get Silva to agree as to what food to buy, let alone a group of stubborn idiots his own age.

He nodded amicably, as if agreeing to the plan.

12. - Top - End - #1272

Nakahiro shakes his head when Kaito asks him about the cloaking device.

"Not unless one of you is carrying around a blueberry pancake. I don't have any signature at all if I'm not active, though, so that counts for something."

He rummages through his pockets and turns to Sayaka.

"Here, I have one."

He extends a hand with a red pen.

"Also, I still think we should really consider putting together a set of predetermined groups. If anyone gets isolated, they could die."

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm fine with the plan. Ideally we would've discussed things earlier elsewhere, but it could still be of some benefit."
    "So am I."

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Angelo looks really confused now. They are hunting Hollows? Taking out the silencer from his dimensional holder, he deploys it into his exorcism handgun. He could not openly show himself to the kids, because that Hollow-kid might get agitated and do something stupid. Best help them in the shadows.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Orc in the Playground

From a hidden crevice unseen and unfelt by the children, a shadowy figure watches the proceedings with a grin. "It's time to begin."

To three different directions, gargantas open, and out pop weaker hollows that instantly run away from the gathered spiritual giants (in comparison to them, anyway).
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [Nakahiro team]

"Thank you." Sayaka said. She looked at the pen and then started to write some calligraphy. It was not a good pen for writing calligraphy, but there was no helping it. A shrine maiden does not give up easily.

She folded the paper carefully, and made a small prayer. Then she clapped twice.
    with some embarrassment, she gave a talisman to Ken, Valeria, Sora, and Kaito.

"Here you are. I don't think they will last long because of the ink. Maybe an hour." She said.

Suddenly, she turned and looked over her shoulder with a frown.
    She had felt something. But there was nothing there. But it was a feeling of close to supernatural. Being watched was a bad feeling. Of course, if it was a trap, there was no helping it.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken too sensed something amiss, but it didn't bother him. Whether they were being watched now or not made no difference to him. They'd soon be face to face with their foes regardless. He preferred to confront them directly instead of sneaking around anyway. He passed his talisman to Ren. "Thanks."
    "So, are we ready to head out? Do the rest of you know where you want to go and with whom?"

18. - Top - End - #1278

In the middle of an alley, a homeless man sits, holding a bottle of constantly empty vodka. He takes a sip, and looks sullen at the empty bottle.

"Man Jimbo, I was sure it would have somethin' in it this time!"

You see, our friendly neighborhood homeless man was crazy. He was not crazy LIKE A FOX, however, so it surprised him when a sixteen year old girl, bound by light, fell out the sky. Naturally, he assumed it was a hallucination, and took another swig.

"Well golly missum, usually yer more nekkid by this time..." A look at the girls eyes stopped him from continuing. The light of madness shined through, and the girl seemed incredibly angry about something.

"Those two ****ing insane sons of a stupid ****ing bitch! Why in the name..." The girl proceeded to curse her head off for the next four minutes, and the man sat in awe.

"...And these damn bakudo just won't wear off fast! How the hell do I call One and tell him that I'm back if I'm still cuffed?!?!?"

She glared, sullen, at the wall, and stormed out of the alley.

[Sora]

Sora took one of the tags, unsure. It didn't feel normal, but it looked ordinary as a bowl of cereal.

"...Thank you, Sayaka-san."

He cracked his back, and felt a... buzz in the back of his head. It wasn't bothersome, but it was a hint of something... off. A watcher, not human.

He shrugged it off. Perhaps his senses were off today. It'd make far more sense than something idiotic like 'the Hollows are after me!' Hollows stayed away from him in general.

"I don't know about the rest of you, but I think I'll go to the roof. Get a bird's eye view."

He hesitates for a moment, before heading towards the back of the warehouse.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ettin in the Playground

[Day 19, late afternoon, Silva Rai's apartment]

"Hello? Anyone home?", Õta Yui chimes as she knocks on the apartment door. She's wearin sweatpants and a top again, so like she's been out jogging and decided to stop by.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't know whether I can damp down my own signature... let me try..."

Izumi closes her eyes, and focuses.

My, you're pretty close, aren't you...

She opens her eyes in shock. "Did anyone else hear that?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #1281

Nakahiro, too, feels the hollows being released, but unlike the others, he comments on it.

"Alright, looks like they already know we're here. Ambush is out, but we still might be able to outflank them. Izumi, can you-"

He is interrupted by her surprised outburst, but quickly changes gears and responds.

"No. What did you hear?"

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ettin in the Playground

"Voices in her head, pay no heed. It happens to all of her kind."

Gabi appears to have made a point of making it sounds like Izumi is going crazy.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #1283

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Day 19, late afternoon, Silva Rai's apartment]

"Hello? Anyone home?", Õta Yui chimes as she knocks on the apartment door. She's wearin sweatpants and a top again, so like she's been out jogging and decided to stop by.
    Hang on a minute! Yui should hear some footsteps, followed by a couple clicks. Then the door opens.

Hey Yui. Come in, come in. Silva opens the door all the way and stands back so Yui can enter.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ettin in the Playground

Yui steps in, smiling widely. "Long time, no see, eh? I would've called first, but I forgot your number." To speak the truth, she even forgot whether Silva has a phone or not. "How's your week been? Hope Sora's not been too much trouble."

25. - Top - End - #1285

Nah, he's been fine. A little messy, but what teen isn't? She makes her way to the kitchen area. Want something to drink? You look like you've been out running.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ettin in the Playground

"Just a little jog before going to sleep!", Yui chirps. "A drink would be fine, yes." She follows Silva to the kitchen, briefly glancing out of the window on the way.

"Say, do you have the next week or so free?"

27. - Top - End - #1287

Um... Silva gets out a glass and starts filling it. Well, I guess I could take a week off work.

You mean by way of being fired?

Shut up.

She hands the glass to Yui, then leans against the counter and folds her arms across her chest. Why? What's up?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ettin in the Playground

"Eeeh, it's just that I got a work commission in one of the larger cities some distance from here", Yui answers as she takes the glass. "Lot's of fancy stores around and stuff. I'll be staying in a hotel and just wondered... maybe you could come with me? Hold a little vacation while there. A little compensation for having to look after Sora for me."

29. - Top - End - #1289

Silva nods.

That...sounds like it could be fun. Yeah, I'm in.

Really? A whole week? Can you last that long without feeding?

It's still in a city. I'll find something.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Ettin in the Playground

Yui watches Silva's reaction as she drinks the water. "Delightful!", she exclaims, grinning widely (baring those ever-so-sharp teeth again) as the other woman agrees. "We'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon. Get your things packed before six." Yui places the glass in the kitchen sink, and walks back to the living room and throws herself on Silva's couch.

"Good grief I'm tired! May I sleep here? It'd be such a bother to go back to the hotel..."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-07-13 at 08:38 PM.