New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "It's the best lead we've got so far. Hm. How about this. I grab some debris with my TK and toss it at the critter. You and Izumi follow right behind that and start attacking it. Meanwhile, I settle in to try to rip that thing off its mask. Sound good?"
    "Yup," said Ken simply. He didn't think there was any better course of action. Now he just waited for Izumi's response and Kaito to do his thing when the creature came into view.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-08-06 at 03:35 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ettin in the Playground

"He is hiding in the void between worlds... How good is your airwalking?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Orc in the Playground

[School Hallways]

"...Kidnapped? This certainly is out of the ordinary for regular hollows..."

Hibiki frowns, but nods. "I trust your judgment, Yamashiro-san. But like you said, there's someone behind this. And if they're able to control hollows, I can't idly sit by for long."

He looks to the side, commenting to himself despite likely knowing full well Mayumi could hear him. "I can't let it happen again..."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Mayumi's eyes narrow as she examines the display on the tracker. "Yes, Heiaki-san and I met the children on their way out. Apparently, both Watanabe kaito-san's and Hayashi Izumi-san's family members were kidnapped, and the children believe it to be the work of Hollows. We let them go because we felt it important that the children learn to solve such problems on their own, common as they are becoming. I was unaware that it was of such magnitude, however."

"As for the organization, that was apparent as soon as the children mentioned that people had been kidnapped. Unless a Hollow had ties to a person as a human, they never leave their prey alive, usually killing them on the spot. There is something, or someone, controlling these acts from the background. However, acting to save the children now will only serve to make all of this useless. As such, I propose that we wait. If the children come into any mortal danger, I will sense it, and will inform you and Heiaki-san so that we might act accordingly."
    "What a fascinating conversation."

Leaning on the wall at the end of the corridor, looking straight at Mayumi and Hibiki is Sören, a dangerous smile plastered over his face. He moves closer to them, keeping his voice low.

"Kids dealing with Hollows with your express knowledge, and you didn't do anything to stop them? Risky."

The Bount's smile turns in outright grin.

"Luckily I just adore risk. So you can count on my silence, and if you need a hand pulling their arses out of the fire, I'd be overjoyed to help further. As will my friend."

"Happy to be of service!" comes the voice of Männlicheinlädt, muffled by the clothing his gun-shape is hidden under.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    "He is hiding in the void between worlds... How good is your airwalking?"
    Sora winces slightly. "Does it need to be the really fast teleporting kind? Because I'm not good at that one. The normal one? Oh it's pretty great." He had first used it while... hunting, when taunted by a Hollow in the air.

Heh. Jerk had never seen what was coming at him.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-08-06 at 04:09 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Pixie in the Playground

Mayumi nods. "I believe that they are capable handling it. And if not, we can get there quickly enough to keep them from being seriously injured."

At Hibiki's murmur, Mayumi stops. It seemed somewhat obvious that Hibiki wanted Mayumi to comment on whatever he was talking about, and Mayumi was genuinely curious. "Let what happen again, Hamasaki-san?"

Mayumi suddenly starts when she hears Soren's voice. She had been so focused on the conversation with Hibiki that she hadn't noticed him arrive. "Stein-san? It's rude to eavesdrop, you know. Especially during a class period. Did you excuse yourself from your class, as well? At this rate, no one will be teaching here." Bounts always made Mayumi's hackles rise, as they weren't quite Hollows, but they were non-human enough to make her Quincy sensibilities shout at her to kill it. She kept it down and glanced evenly at Soren, her expression mild.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

Mayumi nods. "I believe that they are capable handling it. And if not, we can get there quickly enough to keep them from being seriously injured."

At Hibiki's murmur, Mayumi stops. It seemed somewhat obvious that Hibiki wanted Mayumi to comment on whatever he was talking about, and Mayumi was genuinely curious. "Let what happen again, Hamasaki-san?"

Mayumi suddenly starts when she hears Soren's voice. She had been so focused on the conversation with Hibiki that she hadn't noticed him arrive. "Stein-san? It's rude to eavesdrop, you know. Especially during a class period. Did you excuse yourself from your class, as well? At this rate, no one will be teaching here." Bounts always made Mayumi's hackles rise, as they weren't quite Hollows, but they were non-human enough to make her Quincy sensibilities shout at her to kill it. She kept it down and glanced evenly at Soren, her expression mild.
    "Eh, I was just grabbing some paperwork I left in the last room I was teaching in. Honest forgetfulness. My finding you two is was pure chance. I'd say your suspicions might be down to a guilty conscience but, well, that would be rather presumptuous of me, wouldn't it?"

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi claws Sora's nose.

"Air walking, not sonido. With me then, he can't be far."

The hollow bird opens a garganta behind itself.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Orc in the Playground

[Hallways]

Hibiki sighs, his train of thought lost. Oh well, it'd wait.

"...I'm not sure we've met." Hibiki is kind of a spacey person, so it should not come as surprise.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    [Kaito, Izumi, & Ken vs. Longlegs]

As the roof collapsed, Kaito uttered a very ungentlemanly curse.

'This stuff is wearing me out...'

Sweat beading on his brow, he reached out for Izumi, who wasn't that far away, and drew her in with his telekinesis. When she was close enough, he grabbed her about the waist and pointed his free hand and feet down.

Then he pushed on the ground enough that they landed mostly normal; miraculously, none of the debris had fallen on them. Kaito released Izumi and stood up from his crouch, all traces of his blush gone, with only deadly seriousness remaining. He saw Ken and dashed over to him.

He listened to what Ken had to say, then nodded.

"It's the best lead we've got so far. Hm. How about this. I grab some debris with my TK and toss it at the critter. You and Izumi follow right behind that and start attacking it. Meanwhile, I settle in to try to rip that thing off its mask. Sound good?"
    Izumi nods. "All right. Let's do it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As soon as both Izumi and Ken have verified they're good with the plan, Kaito turns to the side and reaches out with both hands. The hands themselves grasp air...but his powers grasp a few hundred pounds of debris, much of it rather pointy. He turns to look for Longlegs...and as soon as he spots the creature, he flings the debris, as fast as a professional baseball pitcher, at the monster.

"GO!"

As soon as the others press the attack, he will reach out and try to grasp the item on the being's mask, and rip it loose.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

12. - Top - End - #1452

Gabi claws Sora's nose.

"Air walking, not sonido. With me then, he can't be far."

The hollow bird opens a garganta behind itself.
    Sora peeks into the garganta. "Alright then. Let's go."

He hesitantly walks into the garganta, concentrating on air walking because dude. Those garganta innards are scary.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-08-06 at 06:09 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Hallways]

Hibiki sighs, his train of thought lost. Oh well, it'd wait.

"...I'm not sure we've met." Hibiki is kind of a spacey person, so it should not come as surprise.
    Sören gives Hibiki a look of confusion - is he actually serious?

"Err... Sören Stein? I work here as an English teacher? Started this year? Am a bit of a libertine? Is any of this ringing any bells? No? Well, I've got to get back to my class if I want to keep this job, so we can get familiar if we have to pull a search and rescue, or over some sake and vodka at the local drinking establishment. Your choice."

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

The moment the projectiles are let loose, Ken starts moving. Nearing the creature, he swerves diagonally to the right and then loops around to try another leaping punch, this time headed for its side.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-08-06 at 08:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Sören gives Hibiki a look of confusion - is he actually serious?

"Err... Sören Stein? I work here as an English teacher? Started this year? Am a bit of a libertine? Is any of this ringing any bells? No? Well, I've got to get back to my class if I want to keep this job, so we can get familiar if we have to pull a search and rescue, or over some sake and vodka at the local drinking establishment. Your choice."
    "Hamasaki Hibiki. History." The diminutive teacher adjusts his glasses. "Very well, then. Yamashiro-san, Stein-san. Let us watch and wait." He bows, and makes his way back to his own class.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Pixie in the Playground

Mayumi nods at Hibiki. "Yes. Thank you for informing me of the situation, and I apologize for not doing the same earlier. If anything even more out of the ordinary occurs, I will let you know."

After Hibiki leaves, she turns to Soren. "Do you make a habit of dropping in on people like that? I'll have to watch out for that in the future, if you do. And I apologize for Hamasaki-san, he's a bit forgetful. Perhaps it's an effect of his upbringing."

Mayumi stopped, looking contemplative for a second. "Stein-san, you are a spiritual being of no small power, correct? What would you say to a proposition that I've been working on for a while? It concerns the children, and the increasing number of spiritual threats occurring recently. We can go discuss it now; I just canceled my previous class, and don't have another for a short while."
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

17. - Top - End - #1457

Longlegs stalks forward towards the children, moving slowly but surely towards their position. As Kaito leaps out of cover, one razor sharp claw lashes out towards him. As he throws the debris, however, Longleg's attack is turned into a defense as it sweeps the limb up to knock the debris away from it. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your perspective, the sweeping defense blocks Longlegs' view of his surroundings and allows Ken to close. Before Longlegs can defend itself, dodge, or dig in, Ken's super humanly powerful fist slams into its side, sending the Hollow tumbling away. Ken should feel like he just punched a brick wall - with normal human strength, not his own. Despite that, Longlegs seems disoriented as it climbs to its feet, holding still for a few seconds.

Just long enough. The Hollow Controller is ripped from its face, the odd device breaking into pieces under the force of Kaito's mental grip. The effect on Longlegs is instantaneous. The Hollow stiffens up, then slowly sinks to the ground as though tired.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

After Hibiki leaves, she turns to Soren. "Do you make a habit of dropping in on people like that? I'll have to watch out for that in the future, if you do. And I apologize for Hamasaki-san, he's a bit forgetful. Perhaps it's an effect of his upbringing."

Mayumi stopped, looking contemplative for a second. "Stein-san, you are a spiritual being of no small power, correct? What would you say to a proposition that I've been working on for a while? It concerns the children, and the increasing number of spiritual threats occurring recently. We can go discuss it now; I just canceled my previous class, and don't have another for a short while."
    "Like I said, pure chance. Or dramatic conceit, take your pick. And I don't hold anything against Hamasaki-san."

He was going to continue, but cedes the conversation to Mayumi when she resumes talking.

"Unfortunately, I do have a class at the moment, and trying to get them to understand idioms is proving nightmarish. I'm free next period, but I guess you'll be teaching then."

He strokes his chin in thought, but ceases it almost immediately.

"It might be easiest to meet up after work and discuss it over a coffee or other drink of your choice."

He came up with that solution too quickly. It's almost as though he'd had it in mind before interjecting in the conversation.

"You randy git."

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well I'm glad that worked out as well it did, but it isn't over yet!" said Ken as he charged towards Longlengs yet again, hopefully for the final time. Without any hesitation he began to hammer away on the hollow's mask. "We can't let it live and Sayaka said the only way to destroy them is to break their masks!"
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-08-07 at 05:25 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1460

As Ken strikes at Longlegs, the Hollow's reaction is nearly instantaneous. Its eyes flash open, and one long limb lashes out to block Ken's punch. Despite Ken's great strength, it's like punching rubber; the limb bends harmlessly to the blow and recovers instantly. Instead of attacking back, however, Longlegs backs away.

"Wait. Information."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito reaches a hand out and holds Ken in place for a moment.

"Let it speak. If the information is worthwhile, maybe we'll let the beast live."

His voice is unusually cold, almost cruel, and the look he gives the Hollow is full of anything but compassion.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

22. - Top - End - #1462

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Sora peeks into the garganta. "Alright then. Let's go."

He hesitantly walks into the garganta, concentrating on air walking because dude. Those garganta innards are scary.
    Sora glances at Gabi, a questioning look on his face. "Which way do we go? It's kind of hard to see... Well, anything in this place."

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

"Fine by me," said Ken without taking his eyes off Longlegs. He didn't try to fight Kaito's hold. "I'd have appreciated it if you had just spoken to me instead of using your powers." He was perfectly composed despite his apparent zeal. "It's not like I really wanted to attack you after you helped us anyways, but we're inherently mortal enemies."

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ettin in the Playground

Void

Gabi looks around.

"Focus your senses, feel the presence of reiryoku within this realm, they are few and far between. Try to listen them pulse and collide against your own spiritual energy."

That is a pesquisa described in detail.

Val and Doompine shouldn't be terribly far.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Orc in the Playground

If Sora succeeds, he might well notice something.

That something is directly underneath them.

And now, it's attacking the reishi path with its vines. Doompine looms underneath, Valeria nowhere to be seen, nor the captives for that matter.

"You shouldn't have followed."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Like I said, pure chance. Or dramatic conceit, take your pick. And I don't hold anything against Hamasaki-san."

He was going to continue, but cedes the conversation to Mayumi when she resumes talking.

"Unfortunately, I do have a class at the moment, and trying to get them to understand idioms is proving nightmarish. I'm free next period, but I guess you'll be teaching then."

He strokes his chin in thought, but ceases it almost immediately.

"It might be easiest to meet up after work and discuss it over a coffee or other drink of your choice."

He came up with that solution too quickly. It's almost as though he'd had it in mind before interjecting in the conversation.

"You randy git."

"I understand, it is the middle of the day. I didn't actually expect you to be free right now anyway."

Her eyes widen when Soren asks her out on what is quite obviously a date. But she recovers, and she gives him a small smile. "That sounds marvelous, Stein-san. I'll see you there at about 4:30? I'm going to speak to the children when they get back, so I'll need some time for that first. I trust to see you then?" Waiting for his response, she brought up her left hand to brush some hair behind her ear, displaying her diamond wedding ring.
    Star Wars iTP characters

27. - Top - End - #1467

Void

Gabi looks around.

"Focus your senses, feel the presence of reiryoku within this realm, they are few and far between. Try to listen them pulse and collide against your own spiritual energy."

That is a pesquisa described in detail.

Val and Doompine shouldn't be terribly far.
    Sora nods, closing his eyes. This usually wouldn't work out so well, but this is Shonen, so he manages to get away with closing his eyes in a hostile environment fairly easily. He bites his lip, frustrated. "This isn't workin-"

And that's when he feels it. Something... below him. Eyes open in a flash, the boy looks down immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    If Sora succeeds, he might well notice something.

That something is directly underneath them.

And now, it's attacking the reishi path with its vines. Doompine looms underneath, Valeria nowhere to be seen, nor the captives for that matter.

"You shouldn't have followed."
    The boy jumps ahead a bit, the reishi path opening wider. "Oy! That's my ticket home! Get off it!" The image of a sixteen year old glaring down a gigantic vine monster is something that sticks in your mind fairly well. However, Sora has bigger problems.

"What the hell should I do? I can't just blast it, that's a terrible plan. And jumping off the path is an awful idea as well. Damn, this isn't looking good..." He eyes the gigantic plant monster, looking for some sign of weakness.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi zips further away from the path.

"Where is Valeria? Answer. Now."

There is a strange imperative to the order Gabi gives the hollow, one that Sora might feel the vaguest familiarity to.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #1469

Gabi zips further away from the path.

"Where is Valeria? Answer. Now."

There is a strange imperative to the order Gabi gives the hollow, one that Sora might feel the vaguest familiarity to.
    Sora looks at the bird. "What? I don't know, ask the plant." He seems momentarily... flustered, old instincts reawakening. He's too confused right now to question why he answered instantaneously.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

[/spoiler]
    "I understand, it is the middle of the day. I didn't actually expect you to be free right now anyway."

Her eyes widen when Soren asks her out on what is quite obviously a date. But she recovers, and she gives him a small smile. "That sounds marvelous, Stein-san. I'll see you there at about 4:30? I'm going to speak to the children when they get back, so I'll need some time for that first. I trust to see you then?" Waiting for his response, she brought up her left hand to brush some hair behind her ear, displaying her diamond wedding ring.
    "Sure, sounds great. Arrivederci, signora."

With that, he gives a sort bow, then turns to return to his class.