New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Evil Ptolis

1. - Top - End - #121
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Evil Ptolis

As he surfaces, he gasps for air realizing that the water was only half as refreshing as he had once thought it would be. As though a thousand needles were being forced into his skin, he quickly became numb and his jaw began chattering. He had to struggle with all of his remaining strength to keep it quiet. They had made it this far, he would not go back.

I would sooner die than return to that hell. Though I am sure if we are caught, we will be killed, but not the quick death I will give myself. We will once again be at the mercy of that demonic beast of a warden, AND his "little" friends. Let us just be sure that the rat-****s he calls his guards don't find us on the shore.

Slowly his body begins to adjust to the water's temperature and his jaw begins to slow. He recognized the truth in the boy's words as he felt the exhaustion rush upon him, now that he was not running or fighting for his life quite as actively. Knowing that imminent death could have been around any corner made it easy to ignore the exhaustion.
    Galenir Wolsbane

Thanks to KillItWithFire for the awesome Avatar of Andoliir Tyral

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

You swim hours in silence. Every so often the boy turns his head over his shoulder to look towards the prison. The sun begins to set as you see the first glimpse of the docks. The boy struggles to pick up his pace, but your bodies are too broken to move any faster. You finally reach the docks and the boy pulls himself out of the water and turns to give you both a hand to get up onto the boards.

We need to get to the Warrens, and fast, it's about another two hours away. I know we're tired, but there's no way anyone can find us there.

You walk in silence for another ten minutes, and as you pass the sacred garden, the boy stops and speaks again.

It's so beautiful, I don't know how long its been since I've seen trees. Here, we rest here.

You walk into the garden and stumble upon a secluded grove of fruit trees. The boy falls to the ground from exhaustion, you feel like you may join him at any moment. He rolls over and stares up at the stars.

It's Xanros, by the way. My name, it's Xanros. Well at least it was Xanros, I guess I'm not really that person anymore.

The boy sprawls out in the grass and murmers,

Dust, you can call me Dust.

Spoiler
    Show
    You both get 500 xp.
    Last edited by Dustfinger; 2011-03-24 at 01:21 PM.
    Here's a link to a homebrew of a Black Jewels Trilogy setting. It is in dire need of help, so if you have any ideas please stop by.

Here are characters I'm currently playing
    Aidan Gasteau

Here's the games I'm currently running
    A Shadow Falls
    Huge thanks to Caracol for my Maximus Centauri Avatar.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

Kirin's body could hardly move as he exited the cold water. As he followed Dust, his head drooped low, and his arms hung motionless at his sides. His feet scraped along the ground, and his eyelids felt like lead. Several times he jerked his head up, thinking he had somehow fallen asleep while walking, and to make sure he was still behind the boy.

As he entered the garden, he felt somehow at peace... at least for the time being. He glanced up a fruit tree, seeing the many ripe delicious fruits hanging, taunting Kirin. He reached an arm up to grab one, but the next thing he knew he was waking up.
    Many thanks to Derjuin for my avatar