New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default The Reclamation: Rebooted

Elisium The Thirteenth of Ascending Wood

The weather god's have given their blessing to this most auspicious day. The citizens of Elisium enjoy a pleasant sunny day with a cooling sea breeze as they celebrate the first anniversary of the coronation of their beloved King and Queen.

Hordes of loyal patriots are thronged outside the palace enjoying all manner of festivities. Inside the palace celebrations are taking place as well. A grand soiree planned by the Queen Radiant’s personal assistant. Attending this grand party are such distinguished individuals as: Whispers of the Catacombs; emissary of the Silver Prince, Haran; son of the Ocean Father and chief adviser of the Sea Lord, and finally Kronus; Emperor of the Emerald Islands. There are also several less important foreign dignitaries in attendance.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's short I know but it was the best starting post I could come up with. SO you are all at the party what do you do.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Reclamation: Rebooted

Kala kept to the edge of the party, nursing an appetizer and looking out over the gathered dignitaries. Unusually for her, she was formally dressed, albeit somewhat austerely so as not to upstage the more powerful guests. More importantly, despite its appearance the dark olive dress allowed her a full range of motion, a feature she had carefully created while sewing it the night before. Cobb, wearing a similarly well-tailored black and gold outfit, as always, remained by Kala's side.

This would be a banner day for her more socially inclined allies, but for her it meant a wasted day away from her workshop. There was nothing for it, though. She was master of Elisium's shipyards, and thus had to be there lest her absence insult the guests or the royal couple. Thus far her physical appearance, and air of slight irritation had kept people from spending much time talking to her, so she passed the time by pointing out and explaining the various architectural features of the palace to Cobb, and how best to improve or preserve them.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Sun clung to the arm of her Mate, trying to do her best 'piece of strumpet out of her depth" act. It was one she'd had plenty of time to practice.

But she watched, and she listened, and she made mental notes of everything. Maybe she'd break off to flirt with someone who had higher ranking than the Lunar whose arm she held around her waist.

He'd understand, of course, that it wasn't for pleasure and that it'd get no farther than suggestive phrases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Silent spent most of is time close to his wife, Radiant, who looked gorgeous as always. Every no and then he would let his gaze settle on her and tune the rest of the world out, to a dull murmur, a faint echo that couldn't pierce the intoxicating experience of being with her. It took a moment for him to force himself out of his reverie, bond, or no bond, he had fallen for the solar hard. He was lucky to have her, but for all the revelry around them, this was business. The fates of nations could rest on what words you choose, what joke you told, and how you greeted someone. He had to focus himself.

He was somewhat surprised to see that the Silver Prince had actually chosen to send someone, he was wary of the creature personally, but as the saying went, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and they needed friends. Still, he had showed a particular audacity in sending a deathknight, and Silent wasn't sure he liked just what that gesture suggested. It was as much a threat as a honor.

He made a point to welcome the other two powers as well, it seemed ironic, seeing the forces of Yu-shan, oblivion, and Malfeas in one room together, without anyone trying to murder the other.

It probably wouldn't last long.
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Vasi Re was not entirely comfortable being without a false identity, a false fate to disguise herself in, but she understood the neccesity. No doubt the representatives that held true power, those empowered by Exaltation, would have some capacity to pierce the disguise, and be made suspicious by it. More signifigantly, the energy she would have invested could instead be put toward the tool in her own arsenal toward that effect.

The Meticulous Weaver closed her eyes, causing her world to go black for a brief instant. Then, intersecting wisps of white danced before her eyes, and she opened them to a world of plainly visible essence flow. It'd be good to see who the power players were, especially when compared to one another. Assuming none of them came to her first, of course.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Radiant was in her element. It was events like this that she lived for. True, she wasn't too pleased with the fact that the Silver Prince had sent a representative, but she did her best to deal with it. It wouldn't do for her to slight anyone. So she took it upon herself to talk with everyone at the party, getting to know them better, and working on strengthening ties. And all the while she was grateful for her husband's near constant presence. He helped keep her calm, when she otherwise would be out of her mind with worry about the potential for war breaking out because of a misstep.

Finishing her conversation with some minor nobility of a nearby island, she placed a hand on Silent's arm and whispered in his ear. "Remind me to do something extra special for you tonight."
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBoundFencer
    NOBODY POST I AM HUGGING AN INFERNAL

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Silent kissed her gently, "You're doing fine love." He said gently, as if reading her mind, picking up her insecurity easily after their time together. "All eyes have been on you the entire night. You have them mesmerized, hanging on your every word." When it came to dealing with people like this, he had never met someone as capable and skilled as Radiant. He had his own skills of course, they all did, but this was her arena, sometimes, she just needed a little push.
    Last edited by DrakeRaids; 2011-02-11 at 08:48 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you for the confidence, dear." Radiant said with a soft smile as she gently caressed Silent's cheek. He was right, she was being unreasonably worried. If war broke out it wouldn't be due to a single misstep or wounded pride. The mortal nations would be wary of going to war with an Exalt's nation, and the others had little to gain from open warfare as of yet.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Teeth

Teeth spent the party looking like the military man, out of his depth. It wasn't hard. Teeth could descend to the sea floor, if the mood took him. But this kind of affair still didn't come naturally to him. He could deal with people, but in this closeted, formal atmosphere?

He noticed Sun's forays, understanding her purpose. They'd been together for long enough that he knew what she was up to. Teeth, for his part, smiled at those who passed, and did his best not to cause a scene.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Sun

She did occasionally wish he made more of a fuss. She was supposed to be his little bit of fluff, after all. And yet he made no token effort to stop her fake flirtations. Sun eventually made her way back to her mate's side. No decent targets had shown themselves yet, so she might as well keep him happy.

From that place, she shot furtive glances at the other attendees, looking for any non-obvious signs of potential trouble. The emissary from Skullstone was an obvious one, but who knew what else was there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception+Awareness: (7d10)[6][7][7][1][3][3][2](29) + 3 motes from personal on the 1st ex: (3d10)[4][1][3](8)
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Sun

As is the custom of the Emerald Islands Kronus is carrying a ceremonial sword; however it is entirely ornamental and looks like it would snap in half if he tried to use it in actual combat. Whispers’ knuckles are well callused suggesting he is acquainted with the art of fisticuffs. Nothing else catches your notice.

Kala

As you are explaining some piece of architectural minutia to Cobb you are interrupted. “A very interesting view; however I believe you will find a set of thirteen support pillars allows Essence to flow more smoothly while maintaining the same level of structural integrity.” As you look to see who interrupted your lesson you are surprised to find it is the Emperor Kronus. Even more surprising: he’s right.

Radiant and Silent

Whispers approaches the two of you, inclining his head in a show of respect or possibly a calculated insult. “Quite a fine party you have thrown. You even have an Emperor as a guest; very posh.”

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Kala froze for just a moment as she ran back through Queen Radiant's assistant's etiquette briefing, so there was only the tiniest of hesitations as she replied. "Well spotted, Your...Imperial Majesty. Thirteen is a very auspicious number that would promote the flow of living essence. You are certainly quite knowledgeable."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah yes but we're honored to have you here as well Whispers, worry not." Silent gave him a warm smile not unlike the one given to a fish by a hunting shark as he looked down at the Deathknight, offering a comfort to a fear that the emissary hadn't spoken and likely hadn't existed. Games within games. "We only hope our nation can offer greater peace and prosperity to the west as a whole, as do we all." He added, tapping his cane lightly against the ground as he spoke.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Malfean and Earth... A typical endurance loadout, most likely. Whispers and Haran were harder guesses, but given the setting were most likely social supplements. With a calculated stride that used her walking stick, the woman made her way toward Sun and Teeth. Neither of them were presently engaged, and they were the most appropriate individuals to inform as to her findings.

Sun's role required discretion, so she made a point of addressing her words quietly to Teeth, but not so quiet that Sun would strain to overhear. As she had previously discussed with the couple, she would refer to her Essence sight as "her sources." Naturally, she made a quick glance to note the positions of the persons of interest before addressing the pair. "My sources have seen artifacts of moderate power amidst the parties of interest, but none are weapons. Two of the representatives have what are suspected to be social stones, but the Emperor has defensive combat stones to make the Scarlet Empress jealous. They also took note of how the Silver Prince's representative was leaning on a similar set of sources. I intend to initiate the Water-aspected remainder in business talks to facilitate your observations."

Spoiler
    Show
    Going to spend a single personal mote on the First Cecelyne Excellency to aid the Perception + Awareness roll to make sure none of the subjects of conversation were in a position to eavesdrop, on the basis of how it's to allow her to provide Sun and Teeth with information in a manner that was previously planned, and she is being careful while doing so.

Eyes Open - (5d10)[8][1][4][6][6](25)

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

"Indeed." Radiant added, smiling brightly at the deathknight in front of her. While she was not comfortable with his presence, he couldn't be let to know that. "Peace is our goal, and it is wonderful that we have managed to get so many different factions together today for this party."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Kala

"High praise coming from a Copper Spider. Anyway, please call me Kronus."

Radiant and Silent

Whispers smiles and says deadpan. "Of course." Then with only slightly more emotion he continues. "Enough with the pleasantries though. There is a piece of business my Liege would like me to discuss with you after the party."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Silent glanced at Radiant for a moment, eyebrow raised before turning over to Whispers. He wasn't sure what the silver prince wanted from them, but it was certainly going to be interesting to save the least. "Understood. We'll send for you once all this is done." Well, more likely it would be Vasi to deal with him, but he didn't have to know that.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Kala accepted the emperor's compliment with a jaunty smile as she decided to ignore Radiant's assistant's advice about 'levels of decorum'. "Thank the gods, I was worried I'd have to talk to you with a stick up my arse for the rest of the party. I gotta admit, Kronus, I didn't have you pegged for the architecture type. Ruling seems to keep those two too busy to learn." She jerked her head towards the royal couple.
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2011-02-12 at 02:05 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Kala

Kronus smiles and says. "Then they need to learn to delegate more. Erudition is an important thing in a ruler, not to mention it's fun. I designed my own palace you know. Now that was a fun little endeavor, and not to blow my own horn, but I think it turned out fairly well."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yeah, things are always better when you make them yourself. I'll have to see this palace of yours one day."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Crack. Crash.

The sound draws the eye of every person in the room. A wine glass lay shattered on the ground; the red liquid pools out from the broken glass. The limp form of Haran lays next to the glass a small bit of wine dibbling from his slack mouth.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Sun did her best not to react to Vasi's information. She was only arm-candy, after all. But she needed to react to this latest development.

She pointed at the fallen man and screamed, clinging on to Teeth's arm as though for dear life, before burying her head into his shoulder. Muffled by his clothes, she whispered to her mate and her co-worker:

"Teeth, I want you to make sure nobody leaves the island. Whether it sails or flies, it dies if it tries. Vasi, I think you can make your own decisions. I'll be getting out of this disguise as soon as I can, then proceeding from there."
    Last edited by Reynard; 2011-02-13 at 03:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Teeth

The Lunar appeared to be trying to comfort his distraught companion. To Sun, all that would meanwas a curt nod. Sun had seen far worse then that. The large Lunar's words boomed out.

"Quiet!"

Teeth grabbed one of the servants, here for the party, and smiled.

"Go find my secretary, and instruct him to contact Naval Command, and seal every harbor. Also, dispatch a division of Marines to the palace. He'll be in my office."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Teeth

The clearly distressed servant mutters something along the lines of "Yes sir" before scurrying off to do as you instructed.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Kala while surprised, is hardly dismayed. Coral was a Guild-ridden pit, a centre of slavery and greed. Still, the death of their representative would hardly be good for Elisium. With a curt "Excuse me," to Kronus, she crosses the floor and kneels next to Haran. She takes a quick glance around in the crowd, looking for...

"Ah, Davian! There you are. You'd better come here." The alchemist scurried over to the fallen Haran. "Is he alive, and can you fix him?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Davian kneels over the dead body, placing his fingers on the neck to check for a pulse. Shaking his head he says. "I'm afraid he's dead ma'am."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

"Fantastic." Kala looked out over the assembled sea of faces. You didn't have to be a political mastermind to know that there would be repercussions. "I need to know what killed him, and anything else you can find."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well." Silent said with sigh, "This is wonderful. Someone find out what he was drinking, and test whoever else had the same thing." Silent ordered out, working to establish order. "First we need to make sure no one else is in danger, then we can sort this out i n an orderly fashion." Hah. Orderly. Not likely.

He half expected the assassin to already be gone honestly, but it was important to look like you where doing something even if you know what you where doing was futile. Silents voice was calm as he stepped down, glancing over the various faces inquisitively. He didn't have the energy to interview every single person himself, even if they did close off the palace, and before long tempers would be roused, people would make threats if they weren't released in a timely fashion, which meant speed was of the essence.

He wished he could speak with Sun, privately, if only for a few minutes. He would have to trust her to run things from behind the stage while he kept everyones eyes on him, which was how she liked it anyway.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Davian looks up at Silent and says. "I hope you will excuse me for being flip your majesty; but seeing as how there is red wine on the floor and dribbling out of his mouth I'm going to say he was drinking the red wine."

Grabbing a couple of servants Davian says. "Take the body down to my workshop, and when you are done go and get Morgan; I'll need his help." Then throwing a satchel that had been hooked onto his belt on the table he says to the room at large. "Anyone who drank the red wine take a swig out of the bottle marked antivenin. It won't taste good and it will make you feel even worse then it tastes, but if you've been poisoned it will save your life." With that he storms out of the room.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Silent looked at the man curiously, "I ordered at least four different red wines set out tonight, did I not? I know I had the one imported from Halta earlier during the meal, and a few of the cheaper V'neef reds we for the occasion as well. Now if we could spend a little less time questioning the obvious, and a little more making sure no one else is about to fall over dead I'd be grateful." Silent said with a sight, picking up the shattered glass with a sigh, sometimes mortals where simply impossible.
    Last edited by DrakeRaids; 2011-02-13 at 04:45 PM.