New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Reclamation: Rebooted

"The answer to you're first question is yes, I do. I'm afraid I can't answer the second question however."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

"Can you tell us your orders?" Why were you sent here?"

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

"The ten second rule applies to her questions as well." Vasi nodded her head in Kala's direction to clarify who she was referring to.

Spoiler
    Show
    Same logic as last time, pressuring him to answer Kala's questions. Buying 2 sux and a die for free.

Charisma Presence - (8d10)[7][1][7][6][6][8][3][2](40)
    Specialty Hearthstone - (6d10)[9][7][8][9][6][8](47)
    Excellency - (1d10)[7](7)+2sux

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

"Let me check." The boy closes his eyes for a moment before saying. "Huh. Seems I like to gloat. I was to act as a distraction until such time as the real killer could escape."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

"Interesting. Tell your master that if he doesn't present himself and his motives, we'll have to assume that he works for Emperor Kronus due to his having motive to pursue the murder and the two of them being... I believe 'peers' is the proper title. So Kronus will be the name we give to the Coral Archipelago, as well as the names of those he cares about, such as Bellitudo." Vasi Re maintained her smile, but her brow furrowed just slightly and her voice took on a harsher tone. The situation was unpleasant, but it wasn't impossible to salvage. The odds would be improved by the others in the room acting on that information. Her place was here, playing the politics game. "So he'll have made the lives of two Infernals far more difficult than neccesary. Now for my question: What does your master feel his odds are of surviving next Calibration?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Going to try to resist a challenge to plans by persuading the young Infernal to come to her, or at least allow her to amass information resources enough to identify him so he can be punished. Buying 3 free sux. If she's negociating the information given to the Archipelago, rolling for that as well.

Charisma Presence - (8d10)[6][1][2][1][4][9][2][7](32) +3sux Excellency
    Specialty Hearthstone - (6d10)[1][9][4][2][4][2](22)

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

"Better than yours."
    Last edited by Sanguine; 2011-03-02 at 12:53 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

"A reasonable assumption. Stupid, but reasonable." Vasi gestured with her cane's bottom toward the letter that she had discarded. "What can you tell me about that letter that I don't already know for a fact? Would I be correct to assume you planted it in my chambers? Is there some sort of trap? Is it part of an attempt to frame me? Remember the ten second rule."

As she turned, she also glanced at Whispers to gauge his reaction to the situation. She had an idea, but it depended on how he reacted to the next question.

Spoiler
    Show
    She goes back to owning someone using their desires, and she continues to punish him for disobeying the her law. Three free sux and a die. Also, negociating information. It'd be nice to know if these are counting so I know whether to roll them or not.

Charisma Presence - (8d10)[7][3][8][6][4][7][1][1](37)
    Specialty Hearthstone - (6d10)[6][5][7][2][5][9](34)
    Excellency - (1d10)[9](9) +3sux

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Sun, meanwhile, was moving fast. She rounded up members of the city guard, browbeating any who lay under her apparent rank (pretty much all of them), and putting them to work searching the island for anything that could be called a hideout. She joined the search once she'd gotten well over half the force mortals on the case.

She thought back to her days running the streets of the Lap. The little places she knew that let her be alone. Recalling the instinct of the sneak-thief little girl, Sun looked for places that the younger her would have loved. Attics, alcoves, even the caves dotted around the coast of the island. Anywhere that seemed like a good place to hide, she looked.

Spoiler
    Show
    Looking for a lair, and (hopefully) stunting the use of Perception + the Stealth/Larceny abilities. 6 motes on the 2nd excellency, if stunt is successful.

(6d10)[10][9][9][1][5][9](43) +stunt dice +3 Successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside the Palace

"I did plant it. It's not a trap. Nor is it an attempt to frame you. It's a blank piece of paper."

Whispers appears to be watching the proceedings with much amusement. He is even smiling.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Damn it. Didn't mean to click submit. Anyway they are applying and you can assume they are whenever I make no comment on the matter. Also every social attack you made had a one die stunt, recover however many motes that is.

Sun got a two die stunt and succeeded so she can recover 4 motes or 1 wp.

Outside The Palace

Over the course of several hours you uncover several drug dens, a handful of illegal brothels, a couple smuggling rings, and a pair of very frisky adolescent males.

Finally after hours of searching and several dozen arrests you find what you are looking for. A cave on the southwestern shore of the island, inside is initially just a dank musty cave. However deeper in are furnishings. Desks, chairs, tables. All marked with a strange symbol of intersecting lines. At first there don't appear to be any people. However shortly after your arrival in the furnished part of the cave a weaselly looking fellow with sunken eyes darts out of the shadows and tries to escape, running straight into the chest of one of your guards.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hold him!" Barked Sun, as she made her own move to stop the wastrel. Between her and all the other guardsmen, he had little hope of escape.

The guard he'd ran into went to forcefully embrace him, while two more grabbed his arms. Sun's hand swiftly drew one of the gaurdsmen's swords from it's sheathe, and held it against the ragamuffin's skin.

"Aaand no. You're not getting out of here alone. Care to explain?"
    Last edited by Reynard; 2011-03-02 at 01:59 AM.
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

"A warning of the Yozi's reach. I am properly intimidated by your ability to enter a room I ordered you to enter. Your submission to my whims is humbling." Vasi walked over to the letter, picking it up with her fingernails like chopsticks before glancing between the king and queen. "Anything you wish to know, shall we just dispose of it, give Whispers a turn...?"

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

"No. There is nothing more. I pray that our fellows have had more luck than us on this night." Radiant said, still holding onto the boy. The prospect of ending his 'life' was not one that she was particularly interested in, but he had been at least partially responsible for the events that had occurred, and it wasn't as though he would live much longer, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBoundFencer
    NOBODY POST I AM HUGGING AN INFERNAL

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside the Palace

The strange fellow trapped in the arms of the guard laughs maniacally before singing cheerfully.

"The arts of peace shall spell our doom
    As truth is extracted from the pretty room
    The saviors shall lie
    And we all shall die!"
    Last edited by Sanguine; 2011-03-02 at 02:11 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

"See, that's not explaining. That's not explaining at all. Try again, and try to do it right."

Sun's voice, while upbeat, ran deep with the threat of punishment. Well, provided this guy wasn't just some random crazy hermit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cha+Presence: (6d10)[5][6][3][1][6][2](23)

Also, activating Judge's Ear on the off-chance.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

The man looks at you quizzically and says.

"Words fall on deaf ears
    You hear not the song of truth
    why bother me so?

Spoiler
    Show
    Whatever the hell he's saying he believes it.
    Last edited by Sanguine; 2011-03-02 at 03:26 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

"Becuase, little man, there are murderers about. And of the many, many suspicious and illegal things we've found looking for them, this cave is high among the list. Now, do speak up, I haven't heard the explanation for this place yet."

Sun was getting impatient now. It was only a matter of time before she had this poor fool brought before the Most High King and Queen. She mentally rolled her eyes at the thought.

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's try this again, dice bastards.

(6d10)[29]
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

The man looks at you and sighs.

"We follow the young one
    His eyes and ears are we
    His will is done
    Here we do plea"

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

<That's better.>

"*sigh* We're not getting anywhere. Take him to the guardhouse, lock him up, and hold him there until I or someone more important than me coming looking for him."

Having ordered two of the guards to take their new-found friend back to a nice comfy cell, Sun looked at her remaining unwitting aides.

"Search the place. Gods above and below know if we'll find anything, but maybe we'll get lucky."

Once she saw that they were doing what she'd told them, Sun took her liberated sword deeper into the cave system, trying to find where the madman had come from.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Silent shook his head as he turned away, sighing slightly. It had been for naught, they had no murderer, only a few scant clues that suggested the Emerald Empire had done it, and even if they didn't at this point they had to have someone to blame. There would be war, they where as prepared as they could hope to be for that thanks to the efforts of Teeth and Kala.

"If he has nothing else to tell say, we can do nothing for him." Silent said with a shrug.
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, at least his remains will vaporize afterwards." The cane tapped the floor, and white tendrils reached out menacingly. "You majesty, as a matter of personal hygiene I suggest you step back from the boy. The demise of these creatures always tends to spray a bit."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course." Radiant said, quickly pulling away from the boy and turning away. She couldn't watch this.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

"Minimizing splatter." The largest tendril shot out like a bolt of lightning, going directly into and through the knife wound Kala had inflicted earlier. Once inside, the tendril split like tree roots and began shreading the young boy's innards. It wasn't the most painless death, but quicker than anything his master could provide, and wouldn't spill out before the boy disintegrated. If anyone had the stomach to watch, they might occasional catch a glimpse of outward pressure against the boy's flesh from within showing the progress of the tendrils.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mind Hand Manipulation - (19d10)[8][9][9][7][5][8][3][10][8][8][2][6][9][3][6][5][2][8][2](118)
    Base Damage 4L Piercing

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Teeth

Teeth watched the boy die, his face showing dissaproval. He refused to turn away, anger showing. He didn't mind executing someone, when he had to. He would have simply killed the boy. No need to pointlessly cause pain. Worthless expenditure of effort, for no reason other then to hurt someone because she could.

"Well done. You expended effort to torture who couldn't fight back. I'm certain your mistress is pleased with you. I'm going to fine Sun."

Teeth walked off, intending to find his mate. If he remained in Vasi's company, he was likely to do something precipitous.
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2011-03-02 at 12:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

One hand found its way to Radiant's shoulder, as the boy slowly died. Silent didn't like it either, he had been perfectly willing to execute him himself, a single quick cut and it would have been done. This was.... distasteful. "You need to watch." His voice was quiet, as he gently pulled at Radiant, "Its not pretty, and its not fair, but its what we've done. A ruler must face the consequences of their actions no matter ugly they may be."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can't, Silent." Radiant said, pulling away from Silent's touch and hiding her face in her hands. "I didn't want this. I never wanted this." After a moment, she flung herself into Silent, burying her face in his chest and hugging him tightly. Careful to make no sound, she began to cry, her tears soaking Silent's shirt.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Silent held her there for a few moments, hand stroking through her hair. "I know Love, I know." He whispered, nuzzling her slightly as he gently moved his hands to her cheeks, angling her head up so he could look into her eyes. "No one wants this. Leadership is rarely a boon, but a burden. Nevertheless, there are people who count on you, who worship you every day." He moved his lips closer as he kissed her tear stained face, "We have an obligation to them, to our patrons, and to creation itself. If we turn away from all the ugly and horrible things, how can we face them? And face them we must, or we become them. Do you dislike what you see? Then change it. Thats the power, and the responsibility you've been given Radiant."
    Last edited by DrakeRaids; 2011-03-02 at 12:58 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Silently, Radiant closed her eyes and enjoyed the feeling of Silent's tender kisses. For a moment she let him take her away from the burden of ruling before sighing and opening her eyes once more. "You're right, love. You're right."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Kala did not allow herself to look away from the boy as he died. Actions had consequences, and to look away was to run away. Inwardly, she hoped Cobb wasn't seeing this.

After a quiet moment had passed, Kala broke the silence. "You still need to figure out what to do. I'll take care of Haran for now."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Sun

After a few moments of searching you find a small crevice in the wall barely large enough to squeeze through. Once on the other side you wish you weren't. You find your self in a huge opening with numerous dismembered bodies. In addition to the dismembered bodies, on seemingly every available surface is the strange symbol from before; written in blood, marrow, and in a handful of cases excrement.

If all of that weren't horrible enough directly across from you is an altar in front of a painting of the young guardsman with a still bleeding heart laying atop it.

Teeth

After several hours of searching the city you fin a couple of very embarrassed young men who saw someone matching Sun's description heading to a cave on the southwestern shore of the island. When you get to the cave in question you find it is full of guardsmen ransacking it for some inexplicable reason, as well as a couple pieces of wooden furniture. But no Sun.