New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Reclamation: Rebooted

"That will be all for now Haran. Thank you for your...help." Kala casually wiped away the various bloodly summoning sigils, removing the ghost's ties to this particular location. "I sincerely hope you choose the Lethe in the future."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

For just a moment, Silent truly did wish he could simply take her away from all this, but as he said, they had responsibilities here, ones that they could not forsake. sighing he released his wife reluctantly and turned back to the matter at hand. "Well then, we know what killed Haran, if not who. Vasi, I need you to begin on a letter, that tells Harans father what happened here. We can't make any major decisions until... Teeth returns with any more intelligence."
    Last edited by DrakeRaids; 2011-03-05 at 10:38 PM.
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

"Understood, milord." Vasi gave a curt bow to signify her intended obedience. She also made a mental note to explain her behavior to those who had disapproved, or more to rehash previously addressed points. "If I may offer my advice, however, I believe that there are at least two matters that require more immediate attention."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

"And what matters would those be?" Radiant asked as she dried her eyes on her sleeve. She didn't worry about ruining the dress she was wearing since it was made out of solidified light, and thus wouldn't stain.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBoundFencer
    NOBODY POST I AM HUGGING AN INFERNAL

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

"I doubt that Haran came to Elisium without some sort of entourage. I imagine that they are curious about the current scenario." Vasi then gestured toward Whispers using the head of her staff. "Additionally, while I am not yet aware as to how the Skullstone representative came to participate in the investigation, I imagine the specifics will need to be addressed."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

As Vasi finishes Whispers cheerfully adds. "Also, I believe I heard someone say Kronus was involved. Might be a good idea to make sure he hasn't fled the premises."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Kala carelessly brushed a tuft of hair out of her eyes as Haran faded from sight. The events of the past hour or so were beginning to wear on her patience. "Well, since you're all busy plotting, I guess I'll go have a little chat with Kronus." She swiftly leaves the nearly empty room, Cobb in tow, headed for wherever Davian had stashed all the dignitaries.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Kala

As you make your way into the room with the various dignitaries you can see none of them are pleased. The shock and horror at the death all seem to have passed, replaced by indignation at being sequestered so. You don't immediately see Kronus among them, however Davian heads your way. "What can I do ya fer ma'am?"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

"I need to have a chat with the good Emperor. Hasn't run off, has he?"

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Davian ponders for a moment before saying. "Haven't seen him in a little bit. I'll go look for him."

As Davian saunters off in search of the emperor a mousy looking girl you recognize from the cleaning staff tugs on the sleeve of your dress. "Ma'am, there's somethin needs your 'ttention"

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Inwardly, Kala wonders what else could go wrong. "All right, what seems to be the problem?"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Sheepishly the mousy girls says. "Someone painted a symbol on one of the doors. It's painted in b-b-lood. My boss thought, you might wanna know as it looks all occult-like."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

"Cobb, you have your quill and paper, right? Wait here, and if Davian comes back, let him know that I'll just stepped out for a sec." Kala nods at the girl. "You'd better lead me there."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

The mousy girl bobs a curtsy before leading you towards the symbol. It takes a surprising little amount of time, the palace is after all a big place, but within just a few minutes you are standing before the door. Sure enough painted in blood is a symbol, though to be more accurate it's a name. The Old Realm representation of Kimbery.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, it's a good thing you came and got me." Kala pulls out a scrap of paper from an interior pocket and jots a quick note. "I'll take care of this. You run this note down to Vasi - tell her I sent you"

With that, she takes a closer look at the symbol. While the overt meaning was clear, the occult is all about details; the placement, the thickness of the blood, even the essence flows of the room. Ideally, it'd tell her more than its painter wanted to let on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Note reads: Someone wrote Kimbery's Old Realm name on the door to <X>. In blood. Kronus isn't with the group, though I've got Davian looking for him. -K

Does the door lead anywhere in particular? Also, Int + Occult to see if anything else can be determined from the symbol.
    (10d10)[10][1][3][1][4][4][6][10][8][3](50)

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Vasi Re

Shortly after Kala leaves a mousy looking young serving woman comes up to you proffering a note. "Uhm, mistress Kala asked me to give this to you."

Spoiler
    Show
    The note is the one Kala wrote.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Try as she might, Kala can find nothing supernatural about the symbol. Grabbing a cloth from inside the broom closet, she smears it through the middle, making it almost unreadable. Assuming the blood does not eat through her hand, Kala flags another servant and tells them to inform the cleaning staff that the door is completely safe to clean.

With that, she hurries back to see if Davian is back yet.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

"Why not the roy-" Vasi read the note, and her mind reeled with implications. A feint to divert blame away from Kronus by providing another culprit. A message to the guests about the safety of Elisium to undermine the nation's apparent strength. A warning of impending attack. So many implications. She wanted to speak plainly, but the second point needed to be considered with Whispers present. "Prioritize preventing observation of the incident by the guests, as well as locating the source of the writing medium. Tell her that it's functionally identical to the blank letter that I received."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Vasi Re

The woman peaks at the note before responding. "It was written in blood miss; what writing medium uses that?."

Kala

You smear the name beyond all recognition with a single motion.

When you get back to the room Davian is there with Cobb. "I'm afraid the Emperor somehow slipped by me ma'am."
    Last edited by Sanguine; 2011-03-10 at 04:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

It took more than a modicum of self control to prevent Vasi from slapping her forehead. "Typically, blood comes from a body. Given the content of the graffiti, I would guess that the one to be sought is human and recently dead."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Vasi Re

Genuinely puzzled the cleaning girl asks. "How do we know it's human blood?"

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

"Because Kimbery is a Yozi, and the Yozi are monsters that way. Plus, she's the source of the Lintha's inherited power, and everyone in the West knows what they're like." She then gestures with her staff pointing toward the door. Despite her normal stoicism, Vasi's voice now carried the annoyed desperation of someone who had grown tired of beating a dead simhata. "Now get the word to Kala!"

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

Kala almost swore, but reigned herself in, considering the company. "F-antastic. Do we at least know if he's still on the grounds?"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

"Vasi, allow me an Radiant to handle the consequences of Haran's demise, dealing with the deceased no doubt upset allies is something more up our line of expertise." Silent said calling for a servant to make an inquiry concerning Harans erstwhile entourage. "See if you can track down Teeth and his contact too. We're running blind at the the moment." He desired his own investigation as well, but it would be unbecoming for the king to be out at the streets now, so he would bide his time, and hope the trail hadn't gotten cold by the time he was free. "As for your Whisper, your aid is noted and appreciated, but it would be best for you to return yo your quarters now."
    Last edited by DrakeRaids; 2011-03-11 at 05:47 PM.
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Vasi and Silent

The mousy girl curtsies and mutters something along the lines of "yes ma'am" before scampering off to do as Vasi instructed.

Meanwhile an old gray haired clerk bobs his head at Silent's request and saunters off to see it done.

"Well I suppose I have some business to attend to there. Reports and such."

Kala

"Don't know ma'am. We could ask Karitas, I suppose."

Spoiler
    Show
    Karitas is the Nation God. Also I am very sorry for taking so long to post.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

"With your permission, your majesty, and provided there is no objection from representative Silent, I would like to accompany him to address the aforementioned specifics of his aid in the investigation." Vasi glances toward the Abyssal, wondering what sort of incentive he may have been offered. Neither of the royalty would have been so reckless as to offer a national incentive up front, or so overt as to attempt bribery. Perhaps... a diplomatic opportunity of some sort? "Given that you intend to speak with the late Haran's entourage, I would need to wait for the results and details of that conversation before writing the letter to his father so as to prevent mixed messages."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

"That's a good idea. Did he come to the party, or should I go borrow an altar?"

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Kala

Materializing out of thin air is the form of a petite little blond haired girl in a brilliant green sun dress. The little girl chuckles, her laughter like the chime of a bell and says in a voice like the roar of the ocean. "That won't be necessary Princess of the Earth. What do you ask of me?"

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Kala bowed, a perfunctory gesture of respect. "The Emerald Emperor seems to have given us the slip. I don't suppose you could help us track him down?"

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Karitas concentrates for but a moment before saying. "The Emperor Kronus no longer resides within the purview of my domain."