New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Reclamation: Rebooted

"So either he's already left the island, or he's here, just out of your sight."

Spoiler
    Show
    Does Kala know what sort of places, if any, would be both nearby and outside Karitas' purview? Not necessarily specific locations, but general classes of effects that'd put Kronus outside of Elisium? Just in case you need one, here's a roll;

Intelligence + Occult: (10d10)[2][10][5][6][3][10][4][8][4][10](62)

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

"I believe you misunderstand. I am the god of the Nation. All territory that is a part of it is within my domain not just the one island. The Emperor is long gone. Unless, as you say, he is hiding."

Spoiler
    Show
    Raksha Freeholds.

Or it could be Kronus made it out of the country already. Maybe it has something to do with the bloody door.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

"I didn't mean any offense. Can you find anyone else from his delegation? Servants, advisors, that sort of thing?"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

"Gonna, need to give me a little to go on here. I can expand my senses to encompass my entire domain, but that doesn't do me any good if I don't know what I'm looking for."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

"Right, hrm..." Kala had an excellent memory, but she hadn't felt the need to look at the party's guest list. Still, she did know of someone who would have paid extra close attention to whoever the Emerald Islands had sent to Elisium. "Perhaps you could come with me to see Vasi for a moment? I'm sure she'll be able to furnish you with names and descriptions."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

The goddess sighs. "No."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Kala gives Karitas a nonplussed look. "No?"

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

The tiny goddess smiles. "Kidding. Let's go." With that Karitas skips to the door.

As you make your way to Vasi something sparks in the recesses of your memory. A rumor of how the demonic artisans of Malfeas could create devices to allow transport into the Demon City via any door marked with the name of a Yozi. Just as this recollection happens you arrive.

Spoiler
    Show
    In case it's not clear from the above, I've changed my mind on the difficulty of your earlier Int + Occult roll to learn anything about the symbol.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

"May I borrow you for a moment, Vasi?" Kala pulls Vasi off to the side, ideally out of earshot of Whisper. "Kronus has run off - I'm guessing he used a demon key to escape directly to Malfeas. Taking his whole entourage with him would've been really obvious, so if you can give Karitas names and descriptions of anyone with him, she may be able to find some still in Elisium."
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2011-03-17 at 10:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Vasi nods, then turns toward Karitas. She smiles politely, then taps her cane on the ground once, sending forth a bloom of black essence that rapidly closes up around her. The ebon lotus disperses a second later like a silently popping balloon, leaving... What looks like a nine year old guardsman. The Exalts in the room would recognize the visage of Haran's assassin. Whispers (and anyone else who could look) would even see that Vasi's Essence now resonated with Adorjan, if he bothered to look.

As for her fate, she decided to indulge in her sense of humor. This form's fate would be to escape capture by dumb luck, only to be captured and brutally killed on his next visit to Elisium. Vasi even spoke with the voice of the assassin. "This is the form of the duplicate body made by the assassin. It was true to his appearance, as well as his personality. As such, he is a coward. I am guessing on the Essence resonance based on the Yozi from which the duplicate-forming Charm comes from, as well as the assassin's talent in sleight of hand that allowed him to poison Haran."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Karitas concentrates for a moment before saying. "The boy is not within Elisium. Though there are a couple depictions of him in what appear to be rather vile shrines scattered throughout the islands. Any others?"

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

"All mortals, to the best of my knowledge. I was too preoccupied memorizing faces to think to check auras, unfortunately." Vasi taps the tip of her cane (now a sword in appearance) against the floor, and forming rough frames of various faces with the white wisps that come forth. She accopanies each three-dimensional image with a two-dimension front view and profile, but she can only maintain focus on one or two of such presentations at a time. "We should inform our security forces about this cult, see if it can be converted."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

The goddess takes a moment before saying. "They are here, in the palace, all of them. They appear to be on edge but no more so than anyone else. It is unlikely they know their sovereign has fled."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Vasi nods, the visage of the youth peeling off her true identity in petals of shadow and fading into nothing as they fall away. "And as one matter of importance eludes us, two more arise. Your majesties, how would you like to go about addressing the various matters at hand?"

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

"We need clues, and that cult likely has them. Capture a few, purge the rest, but we'll need to do it quietly. The last thing we want on our hands is a bunch or martyrs. We'll have to really on... Teeth for that. We need to broker a diplomatic contact with Kronus, and Sea Father, I doubt it will accomplish much but it we need to make some effort to avoid open war now. Maybe he can explain. Somehow." His tone made it clear he didn't find it very likely.

Alsolying diplomacy would give them time to muster their forces. If the Emerald Isles had planned this, they would already be primed and ready, Teeth was a good Admiral, but you can't be at full readiness all the time. "Its doubtful Kronus's lackeys know anything but we can talk to them too. Its best to be through and if we dont have him the its the most we can do." Silent rubbed his temples idly, this day was turning out rather poorly, but it could be worse. It could of been Radiant, or his own body on the floor.

"In the meantime, Karitas, can keep your eyes on the waters, or are you limited to the Islands? Warn us if Emerald Ilse punctuates this with an actual assault ,or a enraged Sea father starts tearing through the Islands. I'll interrogate the prisoners while Radiant handles Harans entourage. Kala, we still need to get Teeth and his friend back here. I need Vasi to "see to" Whispers, so thats going to fall to you."
    Last edited by DrakeRaids; 2011-03-18 at 02:47 PM.
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

"To be specific, Whispers requested a meeting with us before this whole mess started. If you could see what he wants, that would be lovely." Radiant said, deciding that it was best to clarify what her husband had wanted. At least, what she thinks he wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBoundFencer
    NOBODY POST I AM HUGGING AN INFERNAL

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

"Gladly." If it was a matter that she was tasked with handling, it was a matter that involved delegation. She turned her eye upon Whispers, eyebrow raising just slightly. "Assuming the business of Skullstone can't settle for a direct representative of Elisium's royalty, that is."