New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth (IC)

1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Perth (IC)

Sulet brings his finger to his mouth, motioning for quiet. He slips out his Hanbo with caution, and grips it with both of his hands. He kisses it, as a sort of ritual for blessing, and begins to creep forward to the living man at the table. He raises it overhead, and swings down towards the man's head.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, I want to do nonlethal damage here, trying to knock him out. As this is PF and not 3.5, I'm not sure if the same rules carry over. Please, correct me as need be for numbers.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[9]
    Nonlethal Damage: (1d6+3)[9]
    Just finding my roots again.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

Alexander

Seeing Sulet charge ahead, Alexander has no choice but to follow suit. After Sulet's attack misses((I assume)), Alexander charges at the man to grab the back of his head and slam his face into the table.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sneak attacking the man with an unarmed strike(face-slamming just for flavour). And spending one conviction point to roll attack twice:
    Attack A:(1d20+3)[6]
    Attack B:(1d20+3)[18]

Damage(nonlethal): (1d3+1)[4]
    Sneak Attack Damage(nonlethal): (1d6)[4]
    Last edited by Werewhale; 2011-03-01 at 07:19 PM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nicholas says no words as Sulet opens the grate but almost shouts out when the man goes in with his weapon raised. He can barely believe the man would ruin their surprise without lettting the others get into place, and to miss to! With no choice but to assist Nicholas drops down and with lightning speed draws his bow. He carefully aims with one his blunt arrows so as to not do cause any serious injuries.

Spoiler
    Show

using 1 of my Perfect Strikes and spending 1 conviction point for two extra rolls
    attack rolls
    (1d20+2)[9] Crit Confirmation
    (1d20+2)[22]
    (1d20+2)[5]

damage
    (1d8+3)[6] Nonlethal
    Last edited by Arillius; 2011-03-01 at 07:34 PM.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

His first strike missing, he adjusts his grip, and swings again at the man. This time, however, he aims to make the man fall... even if he's going to have a rib or two of his break later by Sulet's strike.

Spoiler
    Show
    TRIPPIN YA'LL: (1d20+6)[26]

5. - Top - End - #305

Nicholas curses as Sulet trips the man. First he ruins their surprise then he makes it harder for the only one with a weapon to hit him. There's no helping it. Nicholas draws and fires two more blunt arrows, being careful not to hit anything vital, the act of which is made all the harder now that the target is so flat on the ground.

Spoiler
    Show

Using my Second perfect Strike and a conviction point to add one extra roll for reach Flurry of blows attack. For the the small chance of a crit again and due to its special rules the first attack will be using Perfect Strike for the extra roll.
    Attack 1
    (1d20+1)[17]
    (1d20+1)[18]

Damage 1
    (1d8+3)[8] Nonlethal

Attack 2
    (1d20+1)[9]
    (1d20+1)[3]

Damage 2
    (1d8+3)[6] Nonlethal
    Last edited by Arillius; 2011-03-01 at 08:39 PM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Orc in the Playground

Alexander

Noticing for the first time the scythe in the man's hands, Alexander snaps out his whip and strikes at the weapon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Disarm attempt with the whip.
    Disarm Roll: (1d20+4)[7]

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

@Nicholas, Alexander and Sulet:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Throughout the brief assault, aside from a huff as Sulet removed his footing, the bald man has not many any noise. The flesh on his face and hands is rotting in several places – clean of maggots, but there are flies around him. Only three things truly separate him from the zombie also standing in the room a few feet away from first. First, he wields a scythe and appears to be dressed in many layers of clothes that are clean. Second, while his motions aren't the most agile, they do possess a certain fluidity that a zombie could never achieve. The final thing is his face. Though there are clear scarring and decay marks on his skin, his flesh still has the slight blush of life. His mouth moves expectantly, as if he is contemplating speech. His eyes lack the dull glaze of the zombie, instead you are confronted with the sharp, piercing green eyes of a man determined. Something about the glare he gives, indicates that the scythe in his hands is not just for show.

"Attack," he commands in voice far deeper and far raspier than any would have guessed. The zombie charges at Sulet and attacks. From the ground, the man violently swings his scythe at Sulet.

Spoiler
    Show

Zombie attack: (1d20+3)[14]
    Zombie damage: (1d6+2)[5]

Scythe attack: (1d20+3)[20]
    Scythe damage: (2d4+5)[9]

And yes, I am factoring the modifiers.

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Oops, the zombie is at D4
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-03-01 at 09:43 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post
    "There is also another option" Evin adds, with a mischievous glance "You could be the demon-girl from prophecies, and we your humble slaves. You must admit, it would make for an interesting tale." He smiles, but gets serious again in a couple of seconds "So, Elun. Who's going to be the boss?"
    "Interesting tale, perhaps, but also a less believable one. I assume then, that you, Evin, will be dealing with the majority of the discussions then." Vanalya takes a deep breath, and sighs. "I suppose there's nothing else to do now except go in and try not to get killed."

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

"For all that be holy and the mother of all, would you things stop hitting me?" Sulet says, as first a scythe slashs into him, and then another corpse slams into him. Honestly, this day was not looking any better. Wait... irony was a brilliant thing. He slams his Hanbo onto the corpses hands. "Hey, corpse-man, stop that!"

Spoiler
    Show
    ALARMING DISARMING ATTEMPT: (1d20+6)[14]

10. - Top - End - #310

'Dammit! That monster! To actually do this to another person's body!' Nicholas wants to yell at the man, tell him what a wretched thing he is. But so far the sound hasn't been that loud. Perhaps if they can beat him quickly then can end this quickly enough to assist the others.

Nicholas, seeing the man's Scythe knocked out of his hand Nicholas draws and knocks a regular arrow, waiting for the opportunity to fire. As soon as the man tries to get up Nicholas will let loose two shots at him. If he doesn't do it though Nicholas will have to turn his attention to the zombie, the guy isn't offering enough of a target on the ground.

Spoiler
    Show

Holding Action, if he trys to stand up Nicholas will make these attacks. If not he'll send them against the zombie.

Attack 1
    (1d20+5)[20]

Damage 1
    (1d8+3)[11]

Attack 2
    (1d20+5)[19]

Damage 2
    (1d8+3)[4]

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

Sulet, seeing the sharp object that sliced him open fall out of the... thing's hands, smiles. He lets go of his Hanbo, mindful of where it falls, and picks up the thing's scythe, still smiling. He grips it tight with both hands, and swings downward. "I really hope this hurts you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Subject to editing. Don't know if this is kosher.
    If I'm right: Free action to drop weapon. Move action to pick up new weapon. Standard action to swing with this thing. Also unaware if this provokes an AoO from either the Man or the Zombie. Also unaware if this scythe is going to pull a "YOUR SOUL IS MINE." Unaware if this thing is Masterwork is better, so that'd modify attack rolls.

Attack: (1d20+2)[15]
    Damage: (2d4+3)[8]

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    "Interesting tale, perhaps, but also a less believable one. I assume then, that you, Evin, will be dealing with the majority of the discussions then." Vanalya takes a deep breath, and sighs. "I suppose there's nothing else to do now except go in and try not to get killed."
    "But of course." Evin replies with a smile and a wink. "And don't be so worried. I've conned a lot of people before." At Alexander's signal, he motions the both of them towards the door. He schooles his features so that his expression changes drastically from one second to the next, shifting from his usual half-smile to a serious, almost grim one. Performing helps a lot in that regard. After giving a look to assure himself that the others are ready behind him, he knocks on the door.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

@Evin, Elun, Vanalya and Beriadan
    Spoiler
    Show
    After Evin raps on the door, there is a moment of delay, then a voice exudes an all too cheery, “just a moment,” from the other side. The sound of a bar moving is followed by the click of a bolt. The door swings out a moderate amount to reveal a gorgeous young woman in a lime-green silk dress. She looks to be in her mid-20s, very thin and pale, but also very attractive. Her hair is straight, blonde, parted in the middle and hangs down to her chin. Even with the party's looming assumption of who she is, her bright green eyes and the face surrounding them are very pleasant. Down the back of both arms, and presumably running on to her back, there are tattoos of blood-stained arm bones, mirroring the positions of her own humerus, radius and ulna. Her dress appears to have been custom made, it is certainly not in line with any fashion the party has ever seen. In the dress, both of her legs have long slits for them to escape into the open air, the back is low cut and the front is a bit revealing. She has a wide, almost loving, smile on her face as she starts to say, “Bas-” but her expression turns very suddenly to a bit of scowl and she says, “you're not Basel.”.

Unexpectedly, there is a loud THUD that reverberates down the tower. The young woman turns in shock and shouts, "Tar?" At this point it is noticed that a tattoo of the body of woman meshed with the body of a blood-stained skeleton runs down the entire back of her body (save her head) – mirroring her own bones, but facing in the opposite direction, as if looking at her back is confronting the viewer with her darker side. She whips around, glares menacingly at the group and moves to slam the door.

@Vanalya & Beriadan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Her tattoo is recognized to be a personified form of the evil deity, Urgathoa.

@All
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll initiative, if your character beats: Corrin's Initiative (1d20+3)[15] your character doesn't have to act, but they might want to stop her from closing the door.

Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-03-02 at 03:05 PM.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Orc in the Playground

Alexander

Seeing the scythe fall out of the man's hands and noting that tripping the zombie as well would only frustrate Nicholas, Alexander is running out of combat options. He decides that he can do little about the necromancer, but he can do what he likes with the zombie. He steps around Sulet's back, pulling out the dagger from his belt and slashes at the abomination.

Spoiler
    Show
    5-foot step to C5 and attacking zombie in D4.
    Attack: (1d20+3)[13]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[2]

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

Initiative - (1d20+2)[16]

Vanalya's eyes widen at the tattoo, and she attempts to bar the woman from shutting the door. Corrin, she remembers. This is almost certainly that enchanter. "Halt," she says. It is clearly a demand, not a request.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard action: Casting command (halt). I assume I'd be standing behind Evin and possibly everyone else: she does not threaten me.
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2011-03-02 at 01:51 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

@Sulet, Alexander and Nicholas
    Spoiler
    Show
    For the first time since encountering the man, he looks very angry and a little worried. He exposes his side for an instant and Sulet swings the scythe, but the opening was just a ploy, he mutters some words, makes some motions with his hands and reaches out to grab Sulet's leg. But he jumps back just in time and the spell fizzles. The man curses loudly and moves stands up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Concentration: (1d20+13)[22] DC 19
    Touch attack: (1d20+2)[8] DC 14
    Spell attack vs will: (1d20+7)[15] DC 13
    Damage: (2d8+5)[16]

Sulet gets an AoO for him standing up.

Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-03-02 at 02:12 PM.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

@Alexander, Sulet, Nicholas
    Spoiler
    Show
    The zombie now groans and attacks Alexander. He swings his large arm hard at him, the full weigh bears down hard on Alexander's shoulder. It hurts... a lot.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20+3)[15]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[7]
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-03-02 at 02:18 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

"Hahahaha! Nope!" Sulet says, swinging the scythe down at the man. He pushes to the back of his mind his... bloodlust.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+3)[21]
    Damage: (2d4+3)[7]
    Last edited by Cardea; 2011-03-02 at 02:21 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

@Alexander, Nicholas, Sulet
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sulet swings his new new scythe and is a little startled at the ease with which it moves. It slashes the man's chest as Nicholas's arrows thunk into his side. He staggers for a moment, then collapses to the ground, unconscious. The zombie however shows no signs of relenting and continues its assault.

20. - Top - End - #320

Nicholas arrows landed, and combined with Sulet and his scythe it drops the man unconscious. The swing from the zombie looked like it hit hard. They have to finish off the zombie now before someone gets hurt, then try and stabilize the mans wounds so he doesn't die. Nicholas fires off two shots at the zombie, hoping his arrows will have at least some affect.

"My arrows aren't going to have much of an affect against something that doesn't need anything they hit. Trip it if it will help." Nicholas says allowed, annoyed he can't be of more assistance.

Spoiler
    Show

Edit: Lol was typing and didn't see that other post.

spending 2 conviction for an extra roll on each attack,

Attack 1
    (1d20+5)[22]
    (1d20+5)[11]

Damage 1
    (1d8+3)[6]

Attack 2
    (1d20+5)[9]
    (1d20+5)[23]

Damage 2
    (1d8+3)[9]
    Last edited by Arillius; 2011-03-02 at 02:42 PM.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

initiative - (1d20+2)[14]

"Good eve.." starts Evin, just a second before he hears the commotion from upstairs Oh, hells.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

The weight was different sure. He had to use both hands, yeah. But... this as different. This was nice. This swung easy. This was somewhat concerning. Did he just kill someone they needed alive? These thoughts went through his mind as he raised the scythe back up, and swung in an arc at the zombie.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+3)[21]
    Damage: (2d4+3)[7]

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

@Sulet, Nicholas, Alexander
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sulet's scythe makes a deep slash across the zombie's chest. It drops to the floor in a heap of lifeless flesh.
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-03-02 at 03:25 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Orc in the Playground

Alexander

((Nevermind, ninja'd))

Spoiler
    Show
    5-foot step to C6 and Trippin' the zombie: (1d20+2)[10]
    (He'll drop the whip rather than be tripped himself)
    Last edited by Werewhale; 2011-03-02 at 03:29 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325

Nicholas, seeing the zombie fall, replaces his bow on his back and moves to look at the wounds on the man they knocked unconscious. If they could bring him back he could be made to face justice for his actions.

Spoiler
    Show

Heal Check to see how bad his wounds are and to stabilize

(1d20+5)[20]

26. - Top - End - #326
    Orc in the Playground

Alexander

Muttering a few colorful Goblin curses and nursing his shoulder, Alexander gives Sulet a baleful look. "You better not have made us murderers, Sulet," he growls, sheathing his dagger, belting his whip and kneeling beside the fallen man to see how Nicholas's treatment was going.
    Last edited by Werewhale; 2011-03-02 at 03:37 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

@Sulet, Nicholas, Alexander
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man is injured, but not mortally. Even left unattended, he will certainly live. The zombie on the other hand is very dead.

28. - Top - End - #328

"Those are some very crude words Alexander. He'll live, he's just unconscious. Probably will be for a while. Unfortunately our stealthy entrance is ruined now. We should probably continue on and try and get to the others." Nicholas looks up from the man's body to Sulet and Alexander. "What should we do with him? I don't think we should leave him alone. He's a dangerous person, and there's no telling what might happen if we do that."

29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground

Alexander

"Very good, sighs Alexander, looking very relieved, "We'll tie him up. Unless you have more rope on you," he looks between Nicholas and Sulet, "we'll use what we used to climb up with. Looks like we'll be taking the stairs on the way down."

If they don't have any rope, Alexander will climb up again and retrieve the rope.
    Last edited by Werewhale; 2011-03-02 at 03:55 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

@Sulet, Alexander, Nicholas
    Spoiler
    Show
    Using Sulet's rope, they tie the man securely. Nicholas's longer rope remains on the tower for now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately, there is a temporal disconnect. So I have to pause this group's actions for a bit, until the other group can catch up. Hopefully it won't be long.