New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Giving a land speed to creatures

So I am running a game, this game takes place in both aquatic and coastal environments.

I know there are ways to give swim speeds and fly speeds /etc to creatures that dont have them. but, is there a way to give a land speed to creatures that don't normally have them?

I am looking for official sources only, not homebrew or third party. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Giving a land speed to creatures

Quote Originally Posted by rediridesence View Post
    So I am running a game, this game takes place in both aquatic and coastal environments.

I know there are ways to give swim speeds and fly speeds /etc to creatures that dont have them. but, is there a way to give a land speed to creatures that don't normally have them?

I am looking for official sources only, not homebrew or third party. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Fins to feet from spell compendium/stormwrack/savage species is the first to come to mind, expeditious retreat seems reasonable too since it doesn't specify that you have to have a land speed. Also casting mount, or phantom steed gives you transport while on land. Finally you could just get mounts to ride around on land.