New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default A New Hope, We Hope

Tatooine, possibly the most crime infested world in the whole of the galaxy. Everyone has heard of it and now here you are on the sand covered surface through various circumstances that are of little consequence as you have something much greater to fear then the sandstorms, a Hutt. What can cause more fear than a Hutt in his lair? Rancors are naught, but cute puppies when compared to a Hutt. Even Vader himself seems like a child when compared to the ruthlessness of a Hutt.

Z24-1138
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your mission to destroy the Republic has taken you to Tatooine and soon learn why droids often avoid these sandy wastes, Jawas. When your ship docks it is after dark, but thinking that you could handle whatever should choose to pick a fight you try to find someone of importance in this forsaken place. As you round a corner Jawas jump off of roofs and from every nook and cranny. A jawa standing on your chest as you lay on the ground is that last thing you remember before you get turned off. The next thing you know you are standing in front of a shady human. "He has plans for you. follow me." A light bulb goes off, as humans say, as you feel the weight of carbine. Ever so slowly you reach for it, but instead you recieve a zap. "None of that we own you now." The human waves a remote around, showing that he truly is in control. Reluctantly you follow him to a room where two humans, a bothan, a duros, and a twi'lek standing in chains in front of a huge
    Hutt.

John Forge
    Spoiler
    Show
    You stand out behind a machine shop watching the shadows created by the setting suns dance and shift. Finally you see a cloaked figure aproach you. This is what you've been waiting for, this man is the one who contacted your father, this man might just be the key to your future. "So you are John?" You nod your answer, eagerly waiting to hear what he has to say. The man smiles and something goes off inside you. Something isn't right. Men suddenyl appear all around you and rush you. You reach for your lightsaber, but it's too late they slam you into the wall. The supposed friend leans in close saying, "You're a fool just like your parents." Then with a wave of his hand you are injected with some sort of drug and taken away. Flashing in and out of conciousness you watch as the men take you and lock your hands in cuffs. Your lightsaber is taken and you are brought before a Hutt.

Garrett Thule
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Sun decided that since you were already on Tatooine you were to keep tabs on, and if possible annihilate, a Hutt by the name of Vero. This Hutt had been causing them frustration in ways they had not informed you about, only that he was nuisance that needed to be swept away. You started asking questions about Vero, but his men caught you. You were asking what you thought was an informant when his men jumped you. It was a brutal fight. You shot two of his men before they took you down, but they did take you. You were then cuffed and brought before Vero.

Rorik Kre'Larn
    Spoiler
    Show
    After your freighter was impounded you took whatever work you could get and that landed you on Tatooine. You bounced around from ship to ship, job to job, employer to employer. This continued until you got mixed up with a local gang. The gang had decided to steal from a local Hutt and, unbeknownst to you, was using you to transport the goods. Well the Hutt found out and decided to take out all involved. That meant you, lucky for you the Hutt's henchman thought you would serve better alive than dead. They brought before the mighty Hutt.

Nalur Rolik

Spoiler
    Show
    You headed to Tatooine to try and rebuild your fortune, but have been rich you seem to find some complications. Many of the scum here don't like you and don't like to work with you. The few that will work with try to charge extremely high prices for their work. It also has othe dangers. After a few business ventures the Hutts caught wind of you, one in particular. Vero had his men kidnap you and brought to him.

Berk Bindo
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your quest for work didn't end too well. You got mixed up with a group of thugs that worked for a Hutt. After one run of goods they accused you of stealing profits and beat you up, bad. After you recovered you found yourself being dragged in front of a very scary looking Hutt.

"You all are here becuase you owe me, one way or another. I could have you all killed or sold off to the Imperials, but I have a better idea. In exchange for your freedom you will do a job for me. A group of thugs, called the Death Dealers, who usually would be an insignicant problem for me have recieved outside aid from an outside source and somehow have convinced the Tuskan Raidars to protect them. You will eliminate them for me. It's that simple and don't come back around until it's done or I'll kill you." Without given a chance to respond you are thrown out of the hideout and unrestrained. "We'll be watching you, so be careful what you do," one of the thugs says.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Re: A New Hope, We Hope

Nalur Rolik

Nalur stands up and dusts himself off.
    [Ryl] Nice of them to provide us with information
    [Basic] Has anybody heard of these Death Dealers then? Oh sorry where are my manners, I'm Ashal it's a ...
    He looks at you all with a slight disgust that he fails to hide
    [Basic] ...pleasure to meet you.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

John stands up and shakes himself off.
    "Damn Hutts think they own everything. I'm John."

Spoiler
    Show
    Do we have our stuff?
    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Nalur Rolik

[Basic] That's because they do own everything. I don't know, or care, what they have on any of you but I really suggest you do what they say.

Assuming I still have all my equipment I'm going to take out my data pad and check my data cards and anything else I can access to try to find any information on this Death Dealers gang.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming my data cards contain information that I have gathered since arriving on the planet I'll roll Gather Information but I can't imagine I would have picked up anything specific.
    (1d20+9)[14]

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ((OOC: Just a minor note; a physical description of everyone would be lovely. I have no idea what any of you look like.

I'll post my own thing later tonight.))

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

"...And I'll be watching right back," Garrett Thule mutters under his breath as the thug walks off. The Hutt's briefing is safely documented inside the memory banks of his audiorecorder, having managed to unobtrusively activate it as he was being dragged before the gangster lord.

Garrett is garbed from head to toe in a bluish-grey suit studded with pockets. His elbows and knees are padded with armor, and his torso is covered in a dark grey vest. A silenced and customized slugthrower pistol is in a holster strapped to his thigh, and his belt carries a variety of boxes and ammo pouches, along with a sharp combat knife. His face is hard and rugged, glaring out at the world from beneath a gark gray bandanna that covers his brow, its tied ends trailing down to his shoulders. The right side of his face is heavily scarred and blasted, and his right eyeball is the cold, dark metal of a cybernetic implant.

The man reaches into a pocket and unconcernedly lights up a cigarette, exhaling a breath of satisfied smoke into the harsh Tatooine sun. "Well, that was fun," he growls sarcastically, his voice deep and rasping.
    Last edited by Tyrael; 2011-02-12 at 12:24 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Z24-1138

The restraining bolt snaps off.

Reinitialize protocols. Scanning... Uploading memory.

The droid's head jerks upright. Memory retrieval: success. Mission: destroy "Death Dealers" criminal syndicate. ERROR: forceful coercion attempt. Self-preservation module: override.

Z24-1138 finally comes fully to "life," scanning the unfortunate people around him. His frame is that of an old Trade Federation battle droid, but it seems as though every piece has been blasted away and repaired, so that the droid is a mesh of different alloys and parts. "My scanners estimate insufficient firepower to eliminate in detail an entire tribal unit of primitives and criminals. " The droid adds, metallic voice somehow transmitting distain, "Especially since allied forces appear organic and of criminal origins themselves."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The scrawny Bothan calmly picks himself up off the ground, and begins to dust the sand from his clothes and fur. He is clad in a mixture of black and red - black flight boots, a black pair of pants, a red long sleeve shirt, black flight gloves, and a black flight vest. His fur is dark brown, and it is well kept and groomed. He has a short goatee, as most of his species sports, and he also possesses a set of piercing green eyes.

"Well..." he growls in Basic, shaking his vest to loosen any sand trying to hitch a ride in his pockets. "That could have gone slightly better. Would have been nice to know I was transporting stolen goods belonging to a Hutt, but hey, what can ya do?" he shrugs, before clapping his hands together and grinning at the other strangers. "So yeah, name's Rorik. Looks like we're stuck working together, or else we... uh... die. Anybody got a plan?"

The scrawny Bothan then takes a subtle step away from the rogue and possibly homicidal Battle Droid.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2011-02-12 at 12:49 AM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

9. - Top - End - #9

A lanky blue-gray Duros with bruising on the left side of face he also appears to be favoring his left ribs, wearing black swoop jacket, pulls out a small white cylinder and lights the tip with mini-torch from his belt.

"You guys have got to be kidding, no?" he stares incredulously at the assembled group. "Fierfek." he curses "You haven't been on Tantooine long have you?. We have to go see the Jawas, if anyone would know somthing about the raiders location it's them."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

"What the hell's a Jawa?" Garrett growls.

11. - Top - End - #11

Z24-1138

"Jawas: droid slavers deserving of painful termination." The droid's frame shudders; it is difficult to tell whether from the thought of memory wipes and restrainers, or simply age and wear.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Nalur Rolik

Nalur looks up from his computer, pretty certain that he doesn't have any useful information.
    Don't worry nobody is going to buy you. I agree the Jawas tend to know things, any idea where they are? Or where we are?
    After putting his datapad back into the pouch in his light grey flight suit he begins checking for Jawa trading com channels nearby.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rorik shrugs again. "Jawas sound like a good idea, if we can find them. Anybody speak their language, though? I'm not even sure what languages they speak beyond "Ootinie!" or whatever it is they say all the time..." the Bothan grumbles.

14. - Top - End - #14

"Jawas are annoying little things, better off that we just threaten a few of them."
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Nalur Rolik

"There's no point threatening them if you can't understand them, also I don't want a whole Jawa fortress wanting me dead. I know their trade language quite well maybe I could convince them to give us information, though I doubt that it will be free."

16. - Top - End - #16

"Use your comlink and jump on the Jawas channel, tell them you are looking to trade. I'm sure they'll give you a rendezvous point."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Garrett quietly exhales another plume of smoke. "We need to get moving," he grumbles. "We can keep arguing on the way there."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Er, lets try to avoid violence..." the scrawny Bothan blinks in shock at the suggestion of threatening the Jawas. "I've got a pretty good grasp of Huttese, and I tend to be good at talking myself out of trouble or into good deals, so maybe I should handle the diplomacy when we find the Jawas?" Rorik suggests as he begins to walk off in some random direction, hoping to at least get the group moving.

Spoiler
    Show

Do we have any idea where we are, or which way to go?

19. - Top - End - #19

"I can talk Huttese as well, I just don't like Jawas.." John grabs his saber, and tests it, making sure there's nothing wrong with it, "But public opinion is best I suppose."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"FRAK YOU'RE A JEDI?!" Rorik screams in horrifed surprise, taking a large step back as one of his new companions suddenly ignites a lightsaber.

21. - Top - End - #21

"I wouldn't call myself a Jedi, more a.. Okay yes I'm sort of a Jedi, now quiet down! I don't want to have to use this thing already.."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Garrett tenses, staring at the lightsaber uncertainly. "Anybody else have any shocking revelations about who they are?" he growls, his hand inching close to his gun. "I thought you Jedi were all dead. Word is there's a handsome bounty on any Jedi's head these days..."

23. - Top - End - #23

"Try it, and I won't hesitate to kill you... But I'd rather not have to go fighting everyone right now..." John watches them, keeping his lightsaber in his hand, but not on.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Woah, hold on!" Korik holds up both his hands, but doesn't dare step closer to either menacing individual. "There's no need to start killing each other! Jedi are supposed to be the good guys, according to the old stories. Seriously, all that Imperial propaganda about dark rituals and treasonous plots can't be true, considering what they say about most of our own races and homeworlds. And even if he is a wanted criminal, so are the rest of us, probably. I know I've probably broken a law or two somewhere. So how 'bout we all just calm down, keep our hands off our weapons, and focus on not being killed off by an angry Hutt?" the scrawny Bothan tries to reason with everyone.

25. - Top - End - #25

"I agree with the Bothan, we're all in the same boat, let's all paddle the same direction."

26. - Top - End - #26

Z24-1138

Upon seeing the lightsaber come to life, Z24 raises his carbine. As the Bothan tries to talk everyone down, the droid states: "19 BBY, contingency Order 66 in effect. All Jedi are enemies of the Republic and hence potential allies of the Confederacy of Independent States." He lowers his weapon. "You are a viable ally, Jedi, but I've got my sensors on you."
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2011-02-14 at 12:08 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Upon hearing the Battle Droid's mentioning of enemies, allies, the Republic, and the force once known as the Separatists, Rorik can't help but arch a furry eyebrow at the construct. "Er, beggin' your pardon, but which of those sides are you on, exactly? Just curious..." he asks the droid, hoping its not touchy on the subject. If it was really old enough to have fought in the Clone Wars, then it was possible that the droid may have a burnt circuit or two.

28. - Top - End - #28

Z24-1138
    "This unit is a Trade Federation B1 Battle Droid," the droid states matter-of-factly, as though this makes the issue of "sides" self-evident. He adds, however, with a hint of pride in his voice: "Even absent direct orders or central command, I continue to fulfill my designated task."
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2011-02-14 at 05:10 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Garrett grunts noncommittally. "We're wasting time," he remarks sourly. "Let's get moving."

30. - Top - End - #30

"As much as it pains me to agree with scarface here, if you wermois are done bickering there is a Hutt that I would like to get off my back."