New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: A New Hope, We Hope

Realizing that nobody seems to be taking the initiative, Rorik taps his wrist-mounted commlink and opens up the nearest radio feed. He begins to scan for any broadcasts that indicate either Jawa traders, local settlements, or a nearby moisture farm.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

You don't hgear any Jawas talking, but you do hear a few guys talking about the Sandcrawler that just pulled into the city. It seems that the Sandcrawler is only a few minutes from you.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

If Rorik has some idea of where they are and how to get to the city, he begins to trot off in that direction. "Well, guess we're off to the city. Might as well just ask around the whole place, rather than just the Jawas. They may try to rip us off or something, anyway..."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Anything is better then killing eachother..."
    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

As Rorik walks across the burning desert sands, he looks back over his shoulder and asks: "So how'd everybody end up here, anyway? Seems like we're quite the rag-tag group. A handful of scoundrels, a rogue Jedi, and a Separatist Battle Droid... This sounds like the start up of a really bad joke," he smirks.

6. - Top - End - #36

"Well you can should call me...uh." looking thoughtful, "Berk Bindo, yea that'll work.

"But going back to your previous point, I doubt walking up to random people and inquiring about notorious gangs is a great idea. So let's think this trough, my first thought is to spilt up into two teams. One to speak with the Jawas and one to SUBTLELY inquire into the Death Dealers."
    Last edited by Mo_the_Hawked; 2011-02-15 at 08:41 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

Z24-1138

The droid's processor's hum as he hears Rorik's question. "I do not understand your reference to a 'bad joke,' but arms procurement is necessary for the perpetuation of hostilities with the Republic, and this planet has no regulations on the sale of the requisite materiel."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rorik

The Bothan casts a quizzical look at the battle droid. "You do realize the Republic has been replaced by an Empire, right? And what did you say your name was?"

Rorik then looks at the rest of the team. "I'm pretty good at digging around for information. I am a Bothan, after all..." he smirks. "So I can probably lead the team that will poke around town for info. I can probably poke around the local cantina, pick up the local news and rumors, maybe see what direction we should at least be headin' in..."

9. - Top - End - #39

John laughs, "I've lived here my whole life, these aren't the kind of people to just give out info, they'll all want something in return,"
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rorik

"Bothaaaaan..." Rorik responds in a sing-song voice, smirking as he pats one of his pockets, resulting in the jingle of loose credits. "You underestimate me, it seems. I know how all about how to get information out of people."

11. - Top - End - #41

Z24-1138

Z24 shows a rare display of human-like animation, complete with robotic gesticulation, as he exclaims: "The Republic has always been an oppressive, totalitarian Empire; nothing has changed!" In response to the Bothan's query, he states "I am unit number Z24-1138; manufactured: Baktoid Armor Workshop, Geonosis; property of the Confederacy of Independent States."

12. - Top - End - #42

All right Furball, why don't you take scarface with you, I'll head over see the Jawas with the tin can. Seeing that you're a local, lightsaber boy why don't you and the twilek see what you can dig up on your own. We should all get on the same com-channel.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Nalur Rolik

"That sounds like a good idea, we'll get more information if we split up. I am going to speak with some 'reputable businessmen' to find out if they have heard anything about the group and the threats they pose. I would like to speak with the Jawa before we leave as well."

14. - Top - End - #44

Nalur and John
    Spoiler
    Show
    These death dealers must have weapons and every now and again weapons break so you go to an arms dealer hoping to find some information. A greasy looking, middle-aged man stands behind the counter of the "Bothan's Breath" a cantina that is also commonly known as the place for any weapons you need. "How an I help ya?"

Rorik and Garrett
    Spoiler
    Show
    Where to start looking for information? A bar of course and the nastier the better. You have found yourselves a rather nasty one. Lowlifes of all kinds are in the bar drinking and staring at the dancers. Twi'leks, Rodians, Zabrak, Gammorreans, and even Hutts can be seen in the bar. A hive of villainy and information. A certain dancer ctaches your eye. A twi'lek sitting at the bar on break. She seems disgruntled about something.

Berk and Z24
    Spoiler
    Show
    Upon arriving at the Jawa Sandcrawler you can see the Jawas are in a selling frenzy. Dozens of the little aliens are running all over the place, haggling with buyers, unloading droids, loading droids, fixing droids, anything that is even related to droids they are doing it. It only takes a few seconds for a Jawa to come over to you and start speaking.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you buying or selling?"
    Last edited by Gourtox; 2011-02-19 at 06:25 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Spoiler
    Show
    "Buying and selling my friend. I am looking to buy some information and I am selling our services. I have been hearing some Tusken Raiders have been getting ambitious, perhaps I should be talking the elders?"
    Last edited by Mo_the_Hawked; 2011-02-19 at 11:56 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show

Rorik calmly enters the cantina. He slinks through his crowd, making his way towards the bar. He takes a seat next to the Twi'lek, and after glancing around the room a bit and acting natural, he turns to look at her. After a moment he asks, "Rough day?" He wears a warm smile and an expression of sincerity, and he looks only at her face rather than the rest of her body. He wants her to see that he isn't checking her out or trying to flirt with her, but rather is trying to present himself as somebody who authentically wants to lend her a listening ear.

17. - Top - End - #47

Z24-1138

Spoiler
    Show

The worn battle droid stands beside his companion, staying silent, head swivelling from side to side warily. He cradles his blaster obviously, making sure the Jawas know that he is not for selling.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Nalur greets the man with a smile.

"Something to drown my sorrows good man"

Nalur gets closer to the barkeeper to hand him a note.

I'm after a lot of supplies quickly and know that you are the best person to ask.

19. - Top - End - #49

Nalur and John
    Spoiler
    Show
    He looks at you for a minute as if he's sizing you up. "Come with me." He lifts a section of the bar so you can walk through and leads you into the back room filled with all diferent kinds of alcohal contained in various bottles and kegs. He moves a couple of the kegs to reveal a door heading downward. Behind the door is his real business. Guns, and vibroblades cover the walls. "So what do ya really need?"

Rorik and Garrett
    Spoiler
    Show
    She looks at you with an icy glare as if telling you to go away, but it only lasts for a second. She tilts he heard down and sighs. "You could say that. You could also say rough week, rough month, rough year, rough life. It sn't enough that I'm a slave forced to dance in this horrible place, that every night I'm harrased and threatened by these lowlifes, no that's not enough. My brother, the only free one in the family, has to go and get himself captured by some raiders." she pauses for moment. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to burden you with my problems. My name is Dayla by the way."

Berk and Z24
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes of course the elders. Right this way."
    The Jawa abruptly turns around and walks into the Sandcrawler through a doorway that you are just barely able to squeeze past. He quickly leads you down a number of sharp turns until you come to a room with six Jawas sitting on cushions on the floor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My elders there is someone here to see you. He's asking about the Raiders.
    The one at what seems to be the head of the circle, if you could call it that, responds.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well, what is it that you are asking?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show

Rorik scowls at the mentioning that she's a slave, his sorrowful eyes betraying his sense of pity for her. At her pause and apology though, he smiles warmly and says, "Oh no, that's quite alright Dayla. My name is Rorik, and I don't mind listening. You mentioned your brother... What's the story on him? Did he get captured trying to earn money to free you or something?"

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Quietly toggling the audiorecorder concealed in one of the pouches of his gear, Garrett walks up to the bar. "Fierfek-brewery beer," he orders casually. "Any news around here lately?"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "As you know we are very happy with our previous purchases. This time we after items with a lot more destructive capability. I would like to know how long it would take you to supply us with several Thermal Detonators and enough explosives to destroy a building. We also need heavy weapons and some blasters to equip our new recruits."

ooc
    Spoiler
    Show
    Deception (1d20+9)[17]
    Hopefully I have given enough information for him to suspect me as one of the Death Dealers and that we are planning a big operation, which I assume they are considering the Hutts are worried.
    I should have asked for enough that he cannot supply me straight away and that he won't expect payment immediately.
    If he hasn't supplied the Death Dealers then I should have left enough space for the conversation to change and I can get out of there alive.
    But I guess that depends on how well I roll.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Deception re-roll (must take if worse)
    (1d20+9)[25]

24. - Top - End - #54

Nalur and John
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Who's this we you're talking about?"
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    All he knows is that you are not on the good side of the law, he sells to a lot of people.

Rorik
    Spoiler
    Show
    "My brother doesn't even know I'm alive. We got seperated a few years ago and he thinks I'm dead. I was afraid that if he knew about me, he would do something stupid. He was happy. He was working as a mechanic at a garage, saving up money to open up a repair shop, but he started smuggled weapons for an arms dealer. I guess the arms dealer had a falling out of sorts with these Raiders so they ambushed my brother and took him and everything he had. I don't think I'll ever see him again."

Garett
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bartender, a rodian, get your drink and slides it over to you. "Oh lots of news, things have really picked up around here recently. Gang wars are starting up, people getting killed, Tuskans are attacking more frequently, the Hutts are up to something, it doesn't get any hotter than it is right now."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show
    Rorik listens to the Twi'lek, and when she is done speaking he looks at her with an expression of seriousness. Without a smirk or anything to give the illusion he's joking, he lowers his voice and quietly asks: "Any idea where these raiders are?"
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2011-02-20 at 10:52 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah yes, I represent a group of investors in this city's future. We usually contact you through the low life scum we control claiming to be buying for themselves. But our new mission requires a lot more than that, perhaps you also have contact with a large group that we would be able to hire for the job. You would of course get a finders fee for any connections you could provide. We are particularly interested in a group known as the Death Dealers, we have heard great things about them."

27. - Top - End - #57

John just stands back, being quiet, waiting, in case something goes wrong.

28. - Top - End - #58

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well I and my droid friend are looking some Tusken raiders and I thought that we might come to a mutually beneficial relationship. The group I am looking for are hooked up with a gang, called the Death Dealers."

Spoiler
    Show
    With a grinning shrug, "I thought perhaps you might provide information and finically back our expedition."
    Last edited by Mo_the_Hawked; 2011-02-20 at 04:19 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Garrett grimaces as he feels the cheap alcohol slide down his throat. "Gang wars, huh? I've been hearing a lot about some guys called the Death Dealers. What're they up to this time?"

30. - Top - End - #60

Rorik
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I don't have any idea where they are, but I might know someone who does, but you have to promise me that if you saee my brother that you will rescue him."

Garett
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those dirty b******* are up to stealing kids and murdering women. They killed my wife three weeks ago. They came in saying That I'd been supporting their rivals, a Hutt gang called the Enforcers, before I even knew what had happened they shot her. What I wouldn't give for their heads on a platter. If anyone killed them or their tuskan buddies I'd be willing to pay them." He stops for a moment and you can see he has an idea. "You wouldn't be interested in killling them would ya?"

Berk
    Spoiler
    Show
    The elders stop and look at you for a moment.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The group you are looking for are the Retchna and are great enemies of the Jawas. We could take you near them and point you in the right direction, but what will you do for us?

Nalur
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The Death Dealers are nothing, but bantha poodoo who should be turned into molten piles of dung. I'm not gonna help them out, in fact I want to get back at them for all they've done. If you want to hire them I suggest you leave."
    Last edited by Gourtox; 2011-02-21 at 08:50 AM.