New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: A New Hope, We Hope

Spoiler
    Show

Rorik flashes a genuine smile. "I have no problem making that promise. By the way, I hear that some group of raiders is using Tuskens to help them. This wouldn't happen to be that same group, would it? Also, are there any sorts of rewards currently available for dealing with the raiders or Tuskens around here?" he asks, curious to see if there's any way he can make some added credits out of this venture.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Garrett nods slowly. "That's the way of the galaxy, isn't it? Someone hurts someone, someone else puts a bounty on their heads, and then it happens all over again."

He drains his mug. "How much?"
    Last edited by Tyrael; 2011-02-21 at 11:58 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Great enemies you say? Perhaps you'd be willing to pay for their removal? Or perhaps we could work it out in trade? I am sure my companion could use some spare parts."

Turning to Z24, "Hey Tin Man, you need anything? Parts wise, that is."
    Last edited by Mo_the_Hawked; 2011-02-21 at 12:22 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Z24-1138

Spoiler
    Show

The droid hums indignantly. "My designation is unit number Z24-1138, not 'Tin Man.' And I am operating at optimal functionality."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Then surely somebody like you would know somebody better for the mission that we had in mind. But that is honestly the first bad thing I have heard about the Death Dealers, would you mind telling me what they did to wrong you."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion (1d20+9)[21]

6. - Top - End - #66

Rorik
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It's the same group and as far as I know there isn't any other reward for them, but they aren't well liked and I'm sure everyone would be glad if they had a few less members."

Garett
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I only have 100 credits I can spare, but I'll tell you what if you wipe them out I'll give you that Twi'lek slave girl and a droid. How bout it?"

Berk
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We are already giving you transport and helping you find them. We will give you 200 credits for their removal."

Nalur
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Those dirty Death Dealers stole an arms shipment from me along with my speeder and the smuggler. I'd give a 1,000 credits to anyone who could bring me back my speeder and killed those stinking Death Dealers."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show

Rorik nods thoughtfully. "Alright then. Now, who is it you were going to suggest I speak to?"

8. - Top - End - #68

Rorik
    Spoiler
    Show
    "A man called Zed. He's a hunter, but since the Empire sent their garrison here hunting has been rather restricted. He knows this planet liike no other and was even captured by these Tuskans, so he'll know where their camp is. He usually hangs out around the Sabacc tables in what used to be the Hunter's lodge, it's called the Hunter's den."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show
    "Alright..." Rorik nods. "I'll head over there shortly. And don't worry. I'll be back, and I'll have your brother in tow..." the Bothan smirks. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go order a drink real quick so I don't raise too much suspicion. I'll see you soon, Dayla," he says, bidding her farewell with a warm smile.

Unless Dayla has anything else of importance to say, Rorik heads over to the counter where Garrett is talking to the bartender. He sits down next to Garrett, but doesn't regard him with any sort of recognition, in case the man is trying to stay incognito. "Excuse me," he asks when there's a break in the conversation between the Rodian and Garrett, "Could I get a Corellian Ale, please?"

10. - Top - End - #70

Speaking into his comlink, "Hey, when you guys are finished come see me at the Sandcrawler."

Spoiler
    Show
    "Two-Hundred a head, I think that will work."
    Last edited by Mo_the_Hawked; 2011-02-22 at 11:13 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Interesting, I'm sure that can be arranged. But we have neither the men nor the desire to go in guns blazing. Could you provide me with a way to contact them, our planned mission will still go ahead just with an unfortunate end for our employees. From what you said I can assume that they are already well armed but we still require explosives for our mission, are you able to provide any?"

12. - Top - End - #72

Rorik
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Of course, sir. Here you go."

Nalur
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes, I can provide some. Not for free of course."

Berk
    Spoiler
    Show
    "And there are many heads to collect

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show

"Excellent, excellent..." Rorik smirks, nodding to the bartender. "By the way, I hate to interrupt, but I was wondering if I could ask a quick question or two about that Twi'lek girl. Dayla, I believe her name is. Would you happen to be her owner, good sir?"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah good, I shall speak with my superiors to find out how much they need and they will send somebody to buy it. In the mean time I need to speak with the Death Dealers, do you know where they are, how to contact them, or somebody who does. Then I shall take my leave."

15. - Top - End - #75

Rorik
    Spoiler
    Show
    He slides your ale over to you. "Yeah I own her."

Nalur
    Spoiler
    Show
    "If I knew where they were they'd be dead already. Come back when you've got the money or killed the Raiders." As you walk out you get the comlink message from Berk.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Garrus eyes the Twi'lek appraisingly and nods in approval. "Sounds good to me. Where can I find these Death Dealer fierfeks?"

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show

Rorik smiles, and politely inquires: "Excellent. Might you perhaps be interested in selling her in exchange for goods or services?" He's hoping that the bartender will at least consider making him an offer of some sort, especially since he's trying to act professional.

18. - Top - End - #78

Rorik and Garett
    Spoiler
    Show
    "As I just offered this man here I'm willing to give her and a droid to anyone who kills the Death Dealers and no I don't know where they are."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rorik
    Spoiler
    Show

Rorik grins, and lowers his voice so that (hopefully) only the bartender and Garrett can hear him. "Are they the group working with the Tuskens I've heard about? It seems that its everybody's lucky day, because I may have a lead on where to find them..."

The Bothan then looks at Garrett and arches an eyebrow. "Good sir, might you consider working together? I take the girl, you take the droid, and we split any equipment we find evenly. Does that sound fair to you?" He says this as both part of the ruse that he doesn't know Garrett, and to actually work out how the girl and droid will be split between them. Rorik doesn't know Garrett's character enough to know whether or not he'll be willing to let go of the girl, which could be a problem...
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2011-02-22 at 04:20 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Garrett shrugs as he fixes the Bothan with the unblinking gaze of his cybernetic eye. "Oh, I don't know, the girl's a pretty little thing," he grins. "I might want to hold onto her for a little while..." He waggles his eyebrows suggestively, playing his dirty-merc role to the hilt.

"Though we need to get the job done before that. What's this about a lead on where they are?"

21. - Top - End - #81

John nods to the bartender and turns to follow Nalur and leave.
    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Nalur Rolik

After leaving the bar and receiving the message Nalur heads off in the direction of the Sandcrawler. When he is a safe distance from the cantina he turns to speak with John.

"It is a shame how poorly that turned out. Who'd have thought that somebody could dislike a criminal organisation. I also had to offer something that I couldn't deliver on. Fortunately it shouldn't be a problem, he has nothing to give us and he was offering less than the going rate for a used speeder anyway. Hopefully the others managed to obtain some useful information."

23. - Top - End - #83

"They're all poor people, they'll try to scam you out of anything and everything that they can." John chuckles slightly, "we should meet up with the others."
    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rorik
    Spoiler
    Show

The scrawny Bothan doesn't back down from Garrett's cyborg gaze. Rather, he simply responds with a somewhat annoyed glare. "Don't taunt the man who has the sensitive information. It doesn't give him much reason to share it." Hopping up from his seat, he begins to head for the door. "Come along, good sir, and we can discuss business on the way there..."

Once they leave the Cantina and are out of earshot from anyone else, Rorik stops and turns to face Garrett with a smirk. "You're such a jerk, making things difficult..." he chuckles, shaking his head. "At any rate, the 'pretty little thing' told me where to find a guy who knows where the Tusken Raider camp is. We find the raiders, we find the gang. Should we meet up with the rest of the group first, or head over to find him before we rendezvous?"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Garret shakes his head. "If a whole group of armed people show up looking for one guy, he'd think we're a hit squad. This needs to be done quietly. We'll get the info, then rendezvous."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rorik

"Okay, lets let the others know..." Rorik nods. He then raises his wrist and activates his comm-link, before sending a message to the rest of the team. "Alright guys, me and G will meet up with the rest of your shortly. We have a lead we're going to check into, and it'd be better if just one or two people checked it out, rather than the whole group. We'll try to join up with y'all as soon as possible, hopefully with the location of that place we're looking for." He purposefully tries to be vague, just in case anyone is listening in on their frequency, which can likely be accessed publicly.

@ Garrett
    Spoiler
    Show

He then turns his attention back to Garrett. "We're looking for a place called The Hunter's Den. Some guy named Zed hangs out at the Sabaac tables there, and he knows where the Tusken camp is. I suppose we should start looking around..." he shrugs, beginning to walk along the street in hopes of finding some indication of where the hunting lodge might be, or somebody innocent-looking he could question about it.

As he walks along, he casts a look back at Garrett and says: "But seriously, I do want the girl. Is the robot and half the loot a fair enough deal?"
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2011-02-24 at 08:07 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Garrett shakes his head. "People expect a gun-for-hire to be a prick," he replies. "The slave's yours, and I expect the droid in our group will want a friend to talk to."

He sighs as they walk along towards The Hunter's Den "I like a woman with a healthy chest," he admits grudgingly, "maybe even a VERY healthy chest, but slavery makes me sick. If she wants to come with us after she's free, she's welcome to if it's better than what she had before. Just make sure she knows what she's getting into."
    Last edited by Tyrael; 2011-02-24 at 08:05 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rorik
    Spoiler
    Show

Rorik smiles thoughtfully. "I think she'd rather stay here, if everything works out well enough. You see, she told me about the raiders because it seems they've kidnapped her brother. So, if we get the chance, I intend to try to rescue the guy. He's a mechanic who's been saving up to open a garage of his own, but it seems he tried to make a quick buck with the wrong business partners. She said he thinks she's dead or something, and she never let him know she was alive because she was afraid he'd do something stupid to free her. So yeah, if everything goes well, there will be a big family reunion and everyone will be happy. Hopefully..." he shrugs. He then adds with a smirk, "Though, I wouldn't complain if she decided to tag along. She seems like a nice girl..."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Garret shrugs. "Either way," he replies, "That's in the future. Right now, we need to find this Zed informant."

Suiting actions to words, Garrett steps inside The Hunter's Den.

30. - Top - End - #90

Rorik and Garrett
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are few partons in the Hunter's Den. One person stands out to you, a man playing Sabacc with himself. It's obviously the man you're looking for.