Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1528

Thread: AvB - Ishmael

1. - Top - End - #1291
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - Ishmael

Spoiler
    Show

What does immost mean? I assume vulgar or provocative?

Also did I actually find out what the three siblings do? I mean I recall the girl was a... well... woman of debatable affection or perhaps a "leader" of such women... but what where the guys? Pimps? Thugs? Thieves? What is their trade?

Ishmael watches the woman for about ten minutes to ensure she fits the description and also watches around moving about a bit while in the shadows to see if there seems to be anyone watching her or watching over her. He takes his time looking at particularly shadowy places where he would hide if he wanted to not be easily seen though was not as talented.

Eventually he moves away a bit, uses the hat to alter his appearance to something resembling a middle aged small time trader albeit with a tad expensive clothes though nothing too fancy. He also takes the necessary time and puts on a mundane disguise with the main effort being to cover his skulk characteristics, skin color etc in case they can somehow see through the magic. As always the hat is used to augment the basic disguise and there are not huge changes that will stand out like night and day if the magical disguise is pierced.

Satisfied he starts walking in the open, taking care to actually have his foot steps make a normal humans noise, and approaches where she stood.

"Hey there my dear lady" he says as he approaches.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Titan in the Playground

The woman matches the description you have of Scarletta, down to the fiery red hair by which she gained her name.

"Hello yourself."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #1293

The trader smiled a sheepish smile taking in the curves of the woman but not acting like an idiot.

"I was wondering miss, and I apologize if I am being presumptuous, if you would know how one could find some company to spend a cold night like this?" he said looking more down at his feet rather than at her as if he was a real rookie on this short of thing... and he actually was.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Titan in the Playground

"Why, you have found exactly that sort of company. Thirty gold."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #1295

Spoiler
    Show

Expensive!

The merchant grins this time as the money requested is within his limit. He nods carefully looking around and smiles to the woman.

"I take it we can go somewhere more private and quiet? A local hotel of some short that you know perhaps? The room and a drink is off course on me!" he says and jiggles his pouch to show that he does have the money.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, I know a place." she says.

She begins to saunter off. "Follow me."

7. - Top - End - #1297

Ishmael follows dutifully but is ready to be ambushed considering that perhaps the operation includes not actually sleeping with customers but perhaps tricking them and robbing them.

"Your hair look amazing." he says trying to break the ice as an embarrassed man would do.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Titan in the Playground

"Thanks. Some say it's my finest feature. They've never paid to get my full services. Those who do know that it's my creativity."

9. - Top - End - #1299

His eyes widen as he hears the woman talk so openly as they keep walking...

"Er.... there is a special...er... service that somehow includes the hair?" he asked half-curious and half-embarrassed but for real this time.

"And the cost...?" he asked?

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Titan in the Playground

"Like I said, my best feature is creativity. Full service? That'll be fifty gold. Up front."

Spoiler
    Show
    btw, what alignment is your character stated to be?

11. - Top - End - #1301

Spoiler
    Show

I was lawful evil when we started. Dont know if there have been changes to it... I have definitely killed people for money which in my book is definition of evil but I have also let people live etc...

Similarly as far as lawful goes I believe I do follow my personal code and really act as a creature of habit etc :D.

Also an addendum. I am currently at -4 AC than normal (so 20 instead of 24) as I have given my armor to Hagan for enchantment. It will be ready tomorrow but I wanted you to know in case someone tries to hit me. I am currently wearing a simple, nothing fancy about it leather armor.

Ishmael considered the offer and smiled.

"Well miss, for now I will pass on the extra service as today was not as profitable, but color me interested. If I am as happy as I think I will be after this evening I will most certainly come again and why not dig deeper in my pockets" he says and looks at her hoping she is not offended.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground

"You don't know what you're missing."

Spoiler
    Show
    just double-checking. I could potentially say that you're more NE now, as you have bent your own code of ethics here and there to accommodate the easiest path.

if you want to switch to NE, you have dm approval. your actions could still be L enough to remain LE. It's up to you.

13. - Top - End - #1303

Spoiler
    Show

Yea I guess I did break it somewhat with killing that PC and by leaving Reich live despite the mission :D

Well I can be lawful with neutral tendencies :D I still see him as Lawful and dont really have reason to change... frankly speaking Neutral alignments are a bit cheesy in dnd since they become immune to many spells :D (especially TN)

Ishmael looks downcast and apologetic. "I bet... and I'm really sorry... I hope I have not offended you... its a matter of finances and all... dont want to bore you with the details!" he says and gives her a sad smile.

He remembers to actually keep looking around while they are walking, though his primary focus is the girl, to make sure he sees where they are going and also if anyone is following them or watching them.

"Are we close?" he asks a bit uneasy

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't worry, I get it. Try out the goods before you commit to the full ride. You won't be disappointed. It's not far."

15. - Top - End - #1305

The merchant nods and grins expectantly and follows quietly. Ishmael decides that he has done the embarrassed, unsure mark for long enough and avoids pushing it further by asking her about her or something to that effect.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Titan in the Playground

She takes you to a plain, clean cheap hotel. "Ah, business as usual tonight, Scarletta." The proprietor says. "You want the usual room?"

"Sure do. This one's never slept with a hooker before."

"Well, show him a good time."

She leads you upstairs.

17. - Top - End - #1307

Ishmael lowers his head and makes as if trying not to give a full face to the proprietor in an embarrassed fashion.

"Its not as if I am a virgin" he says as he walks up the stairs with a half-apologetic, half wounded tone.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Titan in the Playground

Scarletta chuckles. "Well, honey, not after tonight."

19. - Top - End - #1309

Ishmael smiles as he walks upstairs following the woman.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Titan in the Playground

several hours of passion later, you've learned quite a bit about pleasure you'd never have though possible.

21. - Top - End - #1311

Spoiler
    Show

Er... I didnt really intend to actually go through with that... its all an elaborate plan to get her into an isolated location...

but okay we can move on with this... it adds a bit to him being a bastard...

As Ishmael stands up and puts his clothes back on he tries to hide the stupid grin from his face and think about business.

He moves towards the door after leaving a small pouch of money to a table and checking to see if the woman counts it. At that point he turns to her.

"That was incredibly good, thank you. Now.. I do have a couple of more things to ask..." he says and pauses.

"Namely I need some information about the organization. Would be able to tell me where to find the... well Foot I guess since I already know the Toe but telling me where I can find him as well would be good. Please do not scream or yell. All I need is information and then you can go leave but if you try to attack me or cause me trouble I wont be kind..."

He pauses expecting her to lash out and strike him, certain that in the past someone might have tried to rough her up and so she is probably prepared for this. He allows the short knife from his drop sheath to fall in his hand and he starts studying her.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Titan in the Playground

"You want that info? It's worth a thousand gold. That's what the price on my life would be for blabbing." She says matter-of-factly.

23. - Top - End - #1313

"Well I wouldn't tell them who told me about them..." he says as the continue talking.

"Also it really depends on what you expect from this. If I let you go after I have the information you can flee the city and keep your life. If you dont give me the information I shall be forced to try other things to get it, including asking your brothers. For me the least amount of lives lost the better but if I absolutely have to use other means I will..." he says also matter-of-factly.

He continues observing her.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Titan in the Playground

"It'll still cost you 1,000. They'll find out, and when your corpse is floating in the river, they'll come after your informant. I wanna make sure I get enough gold out of this that I'm long gone and can start up a comfortable living on the other end."

25. - Top - End - #1315

Ishmael really is taken aback by this. This woman is negotiating betraying the Jacks for money without showing so much as an inch of fear. He considers showing her that he is a skulk but currently he doubts this will make her talk.

"You know... I am starting to consider this... Someone that is willing to betray her brothers and her organization for 1000gold may be worth allowing to live. It makes the world a more reasonable place" he says and grins.

"Tell you what, I obviously wont give you 1000 gold and if you suggest it again I will knock you unconscious and leave you at the docks tied up as a birthday present for whoever... ,well not whoever we know very well who it will be, will find you." he says rather seriously as he actually starts wondering how he is supposed to deliver bodies to the skulks by walking through the city with them... he needs one of those holes that Torgon had.

"Now if that got your attention we can truly negotiate. I can give you some money and I will help you by arranging your transportation out of the city so that you are not seen doing it. But that wont happen immidiatetly. I need to check if the info you give me is valid and accurate... so I propose the following... I shall give you a -small- down payment. Lets say 200 gold for now. Then you tell me everything I need and we leave together and we hide in a secret place I know. You will stay there and tomorrow after checking out your info I return. I pay you another 300 and take you to the carriage I have arranged for you... its kind of a take it or leave it deal but I am open to improvements..." he said and smiled.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Titan in the Playground

"I leave it. Boys!" She calls out.

Spoiler
    Show
    roll for initiative.

27. - Top - End - #1317

Spoiler
    Show

Cant say it was unexpected! No high class 50gp charging prostitute goes around with no protection in case someone roughs her up.

(1d20+6)[19]

Ishmael just smiled expecting the brothers to join the fight.
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-06-19 at 06:27 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Titan in the Playground

You manage to react faster than her, you go first.

29. - Top - End - #1319

Spoiler
    Show

I assume since this is first round of combat she counts as flat footed right? Otherwise I will probably retcon the action if thats okay with you...

His dagger already out, his target already studied for how her pulse makes her veins throb and pulse Ishmael moves next to her with a fluid motion before she can move or react. With his other hand he draws a smokestick to have it ready for when more enemies show up.

Before her eyes have time to widen he brings the knife up trying to hit her where he knows he will make her feel more pain than actual damage.

Spoiler
    Show

Five foot step next to her and draw a smokestick.

Then as standard action... Death attack but going for paralyse. I am using the merciful dagger (I checked and it doesnt say you cant combine with a subdual damage attack and it makes even more sense with the paralysis thing).

So here goes: (1d20+11)[30] crit confirm (1d20+11)[28]
    Save DC 13 or be paralysed for [roll]1d6+1[/rounds]
    Also in any case subdual damage for (1d4+7)[11] and in case of crit (1d4+7)[9]
    Sneak (4d6)[16]
    Merciful (1d6)[6]

Edit: Heh I think paralysis may not be needed with this damage but you never know... I am wasting my crits on these people! I need them for the likes of the Nose...

Total damage: 42 and if you can roll for the paralysis for how many round cause I botched the roll! (/rounds? thats a new one :D )

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-06-20 at 12:10 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Titan in the Playground

Without even so much as a look of surprise, she passes out from the mighty blow.

Spoiler
    Show
    dm dice rolled a 4, +1 is 5.

however, she's unconscious from nonlethal damage.

Since you locked the door:

You hear the sounds of two men beating on the door. You have only a scant few seconds to prepare.