New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: AvB - Ishmael

1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - Ishmael

"Hopefully she will someday come to terms with the fact her fiance was killed by the allip in front of her eyes before she herself was drained of sanity. Know this: the man she is pretending to be is dead. I buried him myself and know for a fact his soul rests in peace."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Well I am no expert in these things but I have heard about things like possession. Though his body was lost it is not impossible that his soul managed to escape the rightfull demands of Lord Kelemvor. Perhaps should the murdered be brought to justice then she will cast out this second personality or even better this soul so it may join the other building blocks on the Great Wall."

He spoke the words about Kelemvor and his domain not in the way of someone who actually knew the theological details of the realm of the Lord of Dead but had been forced to learn them by heart and was simply able to occasionally quote them. There was some conviction there though. More about perverted justice than the religious aspects of it.

"Did noone try to get her to a healer though? I dont really know much about Allips, other than that they are undead creatures of significant power, but if she and he were wealthy they could hire perhaps a high priest to remove the madness?"
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

"Sadly, the damage is practically irreversible. Pelor's followers said they could do it, but they wanted us to cede the estate and titles over to them in exchange."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #214

"That sounds pretty steep and almost exploitative. Well leave it to one of the <<Good>> Gods to ask for an arm and a leg to save an eye!

In any case, thank you for all the information. I shall return within a week and a day if not sooner. I assume you will prefer a day time visit then?" He asked as he walked downstairs and to the back door.

Once he received the money he left the building and tried to find a secure location for a few hours of sleep.

Spoiler
    Show

What time of the year are we? Is a roof top along with a bedroll and a winter blanket good enough or is it too cold? Alternatively do I know of any inns that will wake me up before first light?

I want to be outside the boarding house an hour before sunrise so that I can make sure if there is an Aasimar or one of the girls I have seen I can follow them to the Flint.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    it's not too cold to do that.

"Yes, daytime, please. Night visits are more suspicious."

The roof of the estate you just left seems to be quite secure. As a bonus, you know enough about the owners to be sure that they won't notice.

6. - Top - End - #216

Spoiler
    Show

The estate it is then.

Ishmael sleeps on the roof under the stars. Perhaps not the most comfortable location but surely much safer than many in this city. With no partners to watch his back he has been trained to sleep lightly and his internal clock is fine tuned from years of being woken up violently for the next suprise exercise in an assassins school.

Up here the air is a bit colder but also more fresh. The city looks darker but right now he is calm and unafraid. He carefully removes part of his clothes, and places them in the bedroll to make it look fuller. He then takes the winter blanket and selecting a spot where his cameleonic skin will make him blend he sleeps.

He sleeps for about six hours, rising before the sun gets to greet the city and he quickly dresses, eats a ration and takes some sips of water from his waterskin.

The paper he obtained at the Flint ensures he knows what time people would leave the area of the boarding house to head for there by now able to estimate the time it will take.

He makes his way there almost jogging while still staying hidden. During his trip his form changes by virtue of the hat making him look like a middle aged half-elf in case anyone notices. When he finally gets there he finds a suitably dark corner and leans back allowing his talent and natural aptitude to do their job.

Spoiler
    Show

I try to be there early enough since I know what time they start and how long it takes to get to the flint.

If I dont see anyone else I recognise exiting until its almost too late I shall run all the way to the Flint and try and see from which entrance the cute Tiefling enters since her I know for sure.

rolling for the hide

(1d20+27)[33]

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

You see Jezleen leave her home that morning along with a half-dozen other girls. YOu don't recognize any of them specifically, but you wouldn't be shocked by that, since there are close to 100 facilitators on roll for this morning and you've met 10.

As you follow them, you notice that they do not head for the Flint but for the spa located a few buildings over on that block.

8. - Top - End - #218

Spoiler
    Show

over 100? Wow I didnt realise it was THAT many rooms in that place!

A spa... oh damn sneaking into the womens changing rooms... this is so wrong.

Does the timing fit? Does it seem that they will have time to have a morning shower and THEN head to work?

I.e. lets say they need to be at work at 8. Do they go to the spa at 7.30 or is it more of a 7.50 kind of thing? I know it may sound silly but you see why I am asking here...

Ishmael allows the women to enter not following immidiatetly. He waits for a couple of minutes to see if perhaps more large or small groups of women arrive around the same time and especially paying attention for any of those he met or the Aasimar.

He also checks if there are guards to someone checking the women at the entrance.

He approaches and gets ready to enter with the next group of women. ((still hidden, just going closer))

Spoiler
    Show

A knowledge local about this spa.

Is it THAT popular or a hot spot? Is it perhaps owned by the same people who won the flint?

Do they really get that many customers in the morning and do they have capacity for so many people?

(1d20+7)[20]

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-02-23 at 03:22 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You don't know who owns the Flint, but the owner of this spa is an aasimar matron of quite advanced years. This particular outlet of the spa is women only, and by membership only. From what you know, they give out only enough memberships to be able to service all members within a single day.

You observe about fifty other women arriving at this spa, from groups as big as twelve and as small as singles. You recognize a couple of other faces from your visit to the Flint yesterday.

Your roster shows that fourty of the facilitators are scheduled to arrive at the flint within the next 30 minutes.

10. - Top - End - #220

Spoiler
    Show

But still no target Aasimar. Damnit...

Also I dont want to keep it ooc but can you either describe me the whole entrance area or tell me if its feasible to sneak inside?

Are there doors for example or an open gate, is it guarded?

Does it seem doable to go inside the same time a group of other women go inside?

In the lobby (assuming its visible from outside as a reception area) are there places where I could peel off from the group?

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

The entrance is guarded, there is nothing near the single gate that you could hide behind to sneak in that way. Each woman has to show a carved figurine to the guards before being let inside.

However, there is an open window near the corner of the building you could probably climb through before the guards notice. Several towels are hanging out the window.

12. - Top - End - #222

Ishmael waits for seven more minutes hoping that perhaps his suspisions will be confirmed and he will see the Aasimar.

Spoiler
    Show

the following if indeed I dont see the Aasimar

He approaches the corner while staying one with the wall. He closes his eyes for a moment focusing on the magic of the hat taking the appearance of a young woman that was one of the first to enter. His clothes become towels similar to those he sees hanging, complete with insignia or monograms. His weapon becomes a small fan and the hat itself a head towel to cover the hair.

In an effort to ensure that if the disguise fails he is not recognised easily he puts black paint on his face from his disguise kit and brings his hood down low making it seem as part of the afformentioned towel with the illusion.

He then tries to slip inside through the window and remain hidden. He does not break cover even if inside but tries to listen or see any of the girls and where they are going.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Three aasimars do indeed show up together within that span of time. They all sound very much alike as you can hear them gossiping.

14. - Top - End - #224

Spoiler
    Show

Er... I did have a description of her no? Name and description I thought...

If not it kind of almost makes the job impossible!

Anyway if I do have a description and she is one of them then I will do other things.

If I do have description but she is NOT one of them or if I dont have description I will do as stated above... change into a woman, use towels etc...

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    there is only one aasimar who works at the flint. YOu learned that much in your investigations. You do not, however, have a description from your employer, beyond that she's an aasimar.

16. - Top - End - #226

Spoiler
    Show

Well that makes things very difficult... All I need now is to find an Epic level wizard who can put a death curse to the Aasimar race...

Does the Aasimar work on the next days as well? Until Sunday I mean.

Ishmael did as he had planned. He still had a thought of how he could determine which Aasimar his employer wanted dead but this was going to be really difficult.

He changed his appearance, made sure he was unseen and climbed inside.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    well, you know that only one of them is going to be working at the Flint.

She has tomorrow off, but will be at work the rest of the week.

You manage to creep inside undetected. The room is apparently a washroom where the towels used in the spa are laundered. The cleaning agent used has a potent smell, and thus is explained why the window was open.

18. - Top - End - #228

Covering his mouth his soot covered hand he exits the room carefully sticking to the walls were his camouflage can do its work and starts looking around.

Being careful is more important than being succesful right now. He already has one small sliver of information more than when he started off. He just needs to confirm it.

Ishmael is looking for one of the girls he recognised as Flint employees to follow and see where they go. He pays even more attention to see if any of the three Aasimar are recognised or greeted from one of the women he recognised.

Spoiler
    Show

I believe now apart from hide (I shall roll again since this is another "scene" you will need MoS so here they go pro-actively.

hide: (1d20+27)[37]
    MoS: (1d20+20)[33]

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-02-24 at 01:54 AM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

he does indeed spy a group of them. One of the aasimars is with them. They are chatting, but from the distance you are away from them as they are talking, it will take a listen check to hear what they are saying.

20. - Top - End - #230

Ishmael looked at the woman mostly trying to see her features. Listening to what they were saying was also important but right now actually identifying his target was paramount.

He approached a bit more, tumbling from shadow to shadow, touching the walls so that his chameleon like ability could protect him from anyone looking to make things easier.

Spoiler
    Show

I try to approach a bit more since listen in NOT my good skill ...

(1d20+27)[47]
    (1d20+20)[35]

listen

(1d20-4)[2]

Awesome... natural 20 on hide... but a crappy listen.

Will you allow me to actually get close enough with the 47 hide to listen to them without needing the listen check?

Also, is there a way to read lips in 3.5? It used to be a seperate skill in 3rd!
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-02-24 at 02:26 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    you can. it's now part of spot. can be used untrained. dc 15, +1 per 10 feet away beyond 10.

Your exceptional stealth allows you to approach within ten feet of them without being noticed.

However, your hearing problems combined with the gentle murmur of the chatting going on in the room makes it almost impossible for you to understand them. You do manage to make out the work "work". At least, you think you do.

Spoiler
    Show
    base dc is 5 for the listen check, unfortunately.

22. - Top - End - #232

Spoiler
    Show
    no problem a 2 is a 2. lets see if he is also blind apart from deaf! (1d20)[20] for spot. I continue listening hoping for some more info. (1d20-4)[-2] lol! Natural 20 again now on the spot. But i am still beyond normal deaf!
    Ishmael turned his head to listen to some strange sound or bird somewhere in the building and missed the words the girls speaking. He cursed himself inwardly, his master always said he was too distracted even when on the job. He looked at them trying to read their lips and hoping they would say more!
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-02-24 at 03:02 AM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

The aasimar is talking about how much she enjoys the spas. The others are commenting on how well it improves their complexion.

The aasimar then says that she's grateful that Mike pays for her membership here. "Of course, he's obligated to by the agreement." The others nod in acceptance of this statement.

24. - Top - End - #234

Spoiler
    Show

Just to be clear. At least one of the women I had recognised as employed in the Sad flint is now talking with one more woman and the Aasimar and they seem to be aware of a particular agreement they have with their employer codenamed "Mike the Spagiver"

If so I continue observing looking around to see what are the possible places they will go from here and how I will be able to walk to those places hidden.

Also do I remember anyone called Mike employed at the Flint from my gather infos and interactions?

Ishmael perks up at the mention of a name and an agreement. He continues to observe the women and plan his next step staying still in the vantage point he has already selected.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    yes

either the communal baths, individual massage parlors, or a room at the back with a sign saying "by appointment only"

no, you do not. This is likely a codename.

The three women begin to move off in separate directions. The aasimar heads to the massage chambers, the woman you recognized from the Flint heads over to the area marked by appointment, and the other woman heads to the communal baths.

26. - Top - End - #236

Spoiler
    Show

In case you need me a new hide and MoS

(1d20+27)[34]
    (1d20+20)[32]

I am trying (depending on the rolls) to follow and see if she is greeted by a "Oh welcome miss Amprite" or "Hello Permilla".

If nothing like this happens I try to see if there is a register somewhere (perhaps she checks it as well to see which room she must go too) saying client names and rooms.

Oh and also, I wanted to ask... assuming she has a 15-20 minute massage will she still have time to go the Flint before her shift starts?

Ishmael looks around to check if any of the women he saw with the Tiefling are leaving and if the overall movement inside the spa has been reduced.

He then follows the Aasimar to the massage area trying to find out her name in either of two ways he thought off.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

She heads over to the massage chambers, as do several other women, including one you recongize from yesterday. However, you last saw Jezleen heading for the baths. It's about a ten minute walk from here to the Flint, and they have about 15 minutes to get there.

You successfully creep along and enter the massage parlor, where a raptoran woman says, "I take it you ladies are ready to start your shift?"

When the aasimar and about twelve others assert in the positive, she presses down on a panel of her desk. A section of wall behind her falls away.

The girls start filing through.

28. - Top - End - #238

Spoiler
    Show
    before i post an action. Does it seem that the panel no the wall is a secret entrance of some short or just the regular way? For example is there any room or area where it seems its for actual massage or is this pannel behind her the only exit of the room?

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

there are numerous private rooms that branch off from the atrium. There is only one slide away panel that reveals a tunnel.

30. - Top - End - #240

Spoiler
    Show

Perfect thanks!

I want to apologise if I am being annoying with the delays and asking info and all that. Perhaps I am thinking too much for something that could be simple but I learned from the mistake with Ymeo where I "simply went to the docks" without even having an idea of the fact that a) its dangerous b) there are no guards c) its skulk domain and they hate humans. etc...

I am trying to cover my basis ESPECIALLY since this is a hit on someone who works for the Flint... the Flint being a place that daily facilitates assassinations...

I also want to apologise if I am bothering you with my "bouncing ideas of you". I mostly do it to put my thoughts on "paper" and so that you may correct me if I have understood as a person something wrong and not as a character.

So, one last reiteration of what I have understood as the handler of Ishmael

a) Obviously there is a connection between this place and the flint

b) More than two of the women I know to work in the Flint came here but they dont ALL use the same passage into the Flint (I guess that also makes sense as they dont want an army of women going into ONE location, much easier to split them into a couple of places.

c) They do not have enough time to actually get a massage AND go to the Flint.

d) This particular Aasimar is most likely working for the Flint and knows at least one other Facilitator. I am not sure of her name though so if there are other Aasimar working in as Facilitators that could be bad. I do have a plan for that though.

e) I am to meet my Tiefling somewhere in this area at sunset but she has not confirmed the location.

Satisfied he had as much as he could get without actually following them through an area that could have magical protections, and also lead in a restricted area of the Flint, Ishmael leaves.

He retraces his steps keeping to the walls and the shadows and exits from the same room from the same window. He leaves the area chaning his magical disguise once again.

He stops to check the sun in the sky and then decides where to go.

Spoiler
    Show

two options depending on time I need to do them.

a) I go to the university. If I recall during the day I need to pass by for the professors lecture.

b) I head for the Apothecary shop of my new target.

University takes priority if the time is right (If he told me come at 14.00 there is no reason to go at 08.00).