Spoiler: My games and characters
    Show
    Deralis Legan, the Half-Elf Marshal

Owlbear Hollow Mercenaries the game I'm running

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Students of the Splendent University IC

Gnaeus Julianus

The Gray Elf rolled his eyes and sighed at his two "companions". It appeared that this would be a long journey if they were incapable of listening properly to his explanation or to the Pevishan's. Well, perhaps the test would find them unworthy, or perhaps he would have to explain things to them in small short sentences next time to ensure they would understand... to accuse him of being correct by fluke was just silly, either he was correct, which he was, as he had known, or he wasn't, a foolish notion indeed! Well, perhaps they would learn to listen and not waste time with silly questions, or at the very least take his word for things when he said them, after all, he was clearly superior to all of them, even the Luminous who was, at the very least, nearly on his intellectual level and could thereby be reasoned with. Well, he would have to be clearer with his future explanations so that those who lacked the appropriate mental faculties would understand precisely what he said... yes, he would certainly do that next time! Now, if only the other students would put one and one together and declare themselves ready for imminent departure to this Hall of Mirrors.
    Bow down and pray to the God of Roads, for without his most Holy Paths, you would be forever doomed to travel through the Roadless Wilds.

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Campaign
    My Own Hombrew Sci-fi RPG that is ever so slowly being constructed... SLOWLY! Heroes of the Stars Currently on Hold.

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the Cool Avatar

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Overmar
    Overmar sighed as the grey elf Arrogantly tried to lead the group. He may be an powerful wizard, but the rest of the group were... put off by his arrogant attitude. The hall of mirrors would be a test to see how they worked on their own and a group,and the wizard did not seem to get the second bit.

4. - Top - End - #34

DM

With all the questions answered, the secretary from outside the door comes in and gathers all the students before the antechamber, leaving the Pevishan in the room to his own devices. She warns you that this is a great honor, and that very few people are talented enough to receive such a reward. She brings you to the eating hall and serves you a privately made meal that consists of the Students most cherished and favored dishes. Leading you next to the fitting rooms, the Secretary outfits all of you with the official uniform of the Splendent University, a billowing white robe that seemingly shimmers in the sunlight. After receiving your new clothes, Elnora finally brings you to an almost alien part of the University, where none of you have ventured before. The walls were gray in this area, and the doors were painted read instead of white and purple as the usual flair.

Finally coming to a runed door, Elnora opens it only to step back from the doors, immediately after she swings the doors open. She genuinely looks taken aback, almost afraid.

"Before you is the hall of mirrors, walk through and I will be here waiting when you walk out of these doors, good luck and don't worry; everything looks darker when it comes from a mouth of a paranoid Mage; many have come out of the hall, very few have NOT come back; we set you up to succeed, not fail. Remember this."

5. - Top - End - #35

Without any hesitation, Aeric will stride into the hall of mirrors with confidence, happy in the belief that they were being rewarded rather than being expelled. Any strength he was showing was being pulled from the pride he felt at representing his tribe at the university.
    Last edited by Falconknight06; 2011-03-02 at 08:11 PM.
    Halfling Monk (Avatar by Miss Nobody)
    Carpal tunnel has subsided, so I'm back hopefully

Show

6. - Top - End - #36

Gnaeus Julianus

Of course most come back, it's the condition they return in that worries me, especially with these ones to aid me! thought Gnaeus as he stepped into the Hall quickly behind Aeric.
    Bow down and pray to the God of Roads, for without his most Holy Paths, you would be forever doomed to travel through the Roadless Wilds.

My Own Hombrew Sci-fi RPG that is ever so slowly being constructed... SLOWLY! Heroes of the Stars Currently on Hold.

7. - Top - End - #37

Goblin

Kyros Agathon

Kyros approaches the door but stops on the threshold. He reaches down into his belt pouch and pulls out the crystal mask. He places it against his face, and as he does so five thin crystal strands extend from the edges of the mask and wrap around his head. At the instant the strands meet the portion of the mask covering his eyes lightens, going from the impenetrable deep blue of the rest of the mask to almost perfectly clear lenses.

Kyros steps forward into the hall.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Azzarti

Having listened to the wise words of those far above her standing, Azzarti readies herself for what may be asked of her and strides forward into the maze. She does not know what it wil harbor and fear of loosing control tickle at the back of her mind, but the trust that the others seem to have invested in her does not allow her to refuse this mission. She will face what she must and she will triumph, for there is no other path.
    Last edited by Re'ozul; 2011-03-03 at 06:15 PM.
    My first foray into homebrew: The Circuit Mage

. /l 、
    ° (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Pudgy kitty needs more views

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bonehoarder - Necromantic Skeleton Shapeshifter
    Tahrven Millos - Arcane Hierophant
    Hordemaster Kordan - Ebon Initiate ... mostly
    Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Rooshkdor - Arrow Demon Archer
    Galen Medon - Batman?

9. - Top - End - #39

AssassinGuy

Overmar

Overmar strides forwards into the door, bracing himself against anything the happens on arrival.

10. - Top - End - #40

DMMood Music

As you stride within the corridor, all you see is your own reflects as you stride, the hallway looks endless, but as soon as you pass the threshold to the hallway, your feet are almost compelled to walk, it feels that you are in some form of dream state, and everything around you changes subtly until the entire universe seemingly is restructured. The hallway fills with sand, and the sun arises over the tops of Dunes in the far distance, you see seven stars of every color above you.....glimmering in the perpetual darkness of the night sky, even if the Sun is rising. A large Road made out of Runes paves the way, as it seemingly leads to a large Canyon Temple Complex, the Statues of many God do you recognize in the Distance. The Wind is harsh, and the heat is incinerating. You don't know if this place has anywhere else to go, but the road is clearly marked.

Beyond the large Sand like mountains, you can clearly see Pyramid's in the Distance, sparkling a deep white, you can count seven in total, each with a different symbol, you are amazed that you can see from such a distance.

Statues of Pure large marble litter the sides of the Roads, and they seem to be pointing to the Heavens while kneeling down, they are clearly all holding staffs and in the off hand, their lanterns.

It appears that the test has begun, and if you will leave this place alive will all determine on your actions now, or so you have been told.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Azzarti

Quietly thankful that her people need not eat or drink to survive, Azzarti takes a look at the statues, something about them ticcling the back of her mind. She believes she read something about things such as these some time back in her first year during the times she confined herself to her room so as to not go insane due to chaos inherent in the daily life of even the ordered system of the university.

However, that might not be the biggest problem as looking around, she considers that they as a group might not be completely prepared for this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge Religion:
    (1d20+9)[10] on the statues and pyramids.

EDIT: I hate you RNG

Spot: (anything immediately dangerous or advantageous)
    (1d20+4)[11]
    Last edited by Re'ozul; 2011-03-06 at 01:55 PM.
    My first foray into homebrew: The Circuit Mage

. /l 、
    ° (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Pudgy kitty needs more views

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bonehoarder - Necromantic Skeleton Shapeshifter
    Tahrven Millos - Arcane Hierophant
    Hordemaster Kordan - Ebon Initiate ... mostly
    Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Rooshkdor - Arrow Demon Archer
    Galen Medon - Batman?

12. - Top - End - #42

Aeric

Aeric, not at all uncomfortable in more wild environments, will begin instinctively looking around for any hidden dangers.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot
    (1d20+4)[9]

Show

13. - Top - End - #43

Gnaeus Julianus

The Gray Elf looked about and knocked some sand off of his boot with his other foot, either the Hall had taken them to a desert, or this was quite possibly the most convincing illusion anyone had ever created, even he thought it was real, and if he was convinced of this, then all would most certainly be convinced. He noticed that a few of his companions were staring out in the distance, probably attempting to determine where they were. It was odd to him that none of them attempted to read the runic script on the very path which they did walk upon.

He worried briefly about food and water, but then brushed it aside as surely there would be some to be found here, the school would not have sent them here to die, would they? Well, he was comforted that if things became dire, magic would be able to provide for them, at least for a while. Glad to be wearing the white robes of the school, while it was another layer, at least the white material reflected light far better than his usual dark garb that he wore beneath, which in this heat would surely stiffle him, he ignored the heat and began trying to determine what the Runes of the road did say.

Spoiler
    Show
    Decipher Script: (1d20+11)[12]

Languages Known: Common, Elven, Gnome, Draconic, Sylvan.

14. - Top - End - #44

Goblin

Kyros Agathon

Kyros looks to the stars over head and then back down to the pyramids.
    Seven Stars, seven structures and seven students. Or plans for seven anyway. Interesting.
    Having said his part Kyros then looks at his surroundings, searching for some hint at the nature of the trial.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[14] Knowledge: Arcana
    (1d20+9)[26] Knowledge: Psionics

15. - Top - End - #45

AssassinGuy

Overmar

After coming out the door or whatever that was at the entrance, Overmar looked around in amazement at the wonders around him. He kept silent, now studying the statues and other wonders around him for there meaning.

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge (Arcana) (1d20+6)[8]
    Knowledge (Religion)(1d20+6)[24]
    and spot to notice anything: Spot (1d20+12)[18]

16. - Top - End - #46

DM

The Group, entering their new environment, is inspected thoroughly by each member of the group. Kyros ascertains that a psionics power will most definitely work in this land, he feels a power unlike any other emanating from the bowels of the Earth.

Overmar sees the statues and Pyramids and instantly realizes the structures to be monuments commemorating the Seven Magi; ancient Court Magicians who saved an entire land from being destroyed by their king who was unknowingly possessed by a demon, causing a once great Kingdom to fall into shadow and emptiness.

Overmar also saw in the distance that the little road in-front of you continues on, leading to a large intersection which appears to lead to any of the locations that you see lumbering over the sands.

The rest of the party feels as though the process of being transported there could have been the reason why they could not draw up any information about this place, very few people are transported from place to place in this way, and it is entirely possible that you are simply confused or where not expecting to be transported here.

17. - Top - End - #47

Gnaeus Julianus

Slightly dismayed that he did not understand the runes, he did not let the others think he had failed at anyting for fear they might think they were his equals. Well, I suppose we were brought here for a reason, and we appear to have no indication of where to go except this road, so I believe we should follow it, I assume there are no objections as even the most simple-minded person would not want to wander aimlessly in the desert. Well, there isn't much point in waiting around here for much longer, we may as well continue. With that Gnaeus began his walk up the road expecting the others to follow, for what would they ever do without him?

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot and Listen checks respecively for walking up the road to that intersection, which Gnaeus does not yet know about. (1d20+5)[8] (1d20+5)[17]

18. - Top - End - #48

AssassinGuy

Overmar

" I am not sure what these runes mean, but these are monuments commemorating the 7 Magi, who saved a great kingdom from darkness after a demon possessed the king. This road leads to an Intersection which goes to the monuments." Overmar said this in a scholarly, almost bored tone, reciting from the library at the monastery. "So yes, this road is the course we're looking for."

19. - Top - End - #49

Aeric

Aeric looks quizzically at the Grey Elf as he speaks, quickly changing to a look of bemusement. He would let the elf think he had come up with the idea to continue down the only road in the desert. Aeric will follow for now

Show

20. - Top - End - #50

Goblin

Kyros Agathon

Well, there's something here. Can't say what though.
    Though seemingly a bit distracted by whatever it was he sensed Kyros follows after Gnaeus.

21. - Top - End - #51

Gnaeus Julianus

Gnaeus quickly covered his eyes at the sight of the women. They must truly be in distant savage lands for the women to go about with only half of their clothing! Pardon my eyes and those of my companions, we did not notice your state of undress until we came upon you. Might I ask you where we are?

22. - Top - End - #52

Goblin

Kyros Agathon

Kyros remains silent. He stands slightly behind Gnaeus and looks idly around, taking in the scene.