New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Lands of Mystiir

Lim chuckles as the hyena falls dead.

Then she notices Harperous shooting at the gnolls, and the gnolls holding the hyenas back. She is puzzled,

What is happening here? Why are they keeping the hyenas for attacking?

No matter. Time to see how Gnolls die!

As she is aiming the first arrow, however, she seems uncertain.

They attacked us, we have all the right to defend ourselves! It's all right, not even a cleric of Surminare would talk ill of me for that! They are raiders, and they attacked first!

No, wait, I attacked first... I am not one with the slaughterer's horde! I only kill animals unless I have to! I swore! And even if they are raiders, they probably did not expect this caravan to have so many adventurers in it: maybe I could convince them to go away peacefully...

The elven archer shrugs, abandons her hiding place, and walks just a few feet towards the gnolls.

Well, let's do that. It will fail, but then at least I will feel good about killing them...

Then she screams in the Gnoll language as loud as she can, trying to make the gnolls hear her over the sound of the battle:

"Halt, great raiders of Yeenoghu's litter! What business do you have here? This caravan is defended from powerful warriors, declare your purpose or leave before you lose more than mere hyenas!"

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure which rules are we using for diplomacy - please roll whatever rolls are necessary for me...
    Last edited by Incompleat; 2011-02-22 at 06:53 AM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

If an opponent is within 30 feet
    Spoiler
    Show

Move action to a position that will get the most of them.
    Entangling breath (Either cone or line whichever will get more of them)
    Damage: [roll]2d6[/roll] (Can you just roll damage for me because I'm sick of this not working)
    Duration: [roll]1d4[/roll] rounds
    On a failed save: half damage
    On a successful save: 1/4 damage

Breath Weapon (Su): At will Kalinda can choose to create a 15 foot cone or a 30 foot line of fire. This breath weapon deals 2d6 points of fire damage. A reflex save DC 17 halves the damage.
    Entangling Exhalation (Su): When Kalinda uses her breath weapon she can choose to enmesh all creatures in its area instead of producing it's normal effect. The breath weapon deals half it's normal damage (minimum 1) however any creature that takes damage from the breath weapon becomes entangled and takes an extra 1d6 points of damage of the same energy type each round at the start of Kalinda's turn. This effect last for 1d4 rounds.

If an opponent is within 60 feet
    Spoiler
    Show

move action thirty feet
    entangling breath

If no one is within 60 feet
    Spoiler
    Show

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/act...Combat.htm#run
    Run towards all of the gnolls and hyena's
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2011-02-22 at 01:16 PM.
    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook. Fighter Fix.
    Camel's Handbook

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

OOC: posting after GM so I know what our dragon freind is doing :)
    Bagger: "its not about playing the broken characters, its just fun to break the system"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalinda moves into position, catching the smaller, more compact group in her breathe weapon. All of them screech as the fire engulfs them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kalinda's Damage/Duration
    (2d6)[12]
    (1d4)[3]

Gnoll's and Hyena's reflex saves
    (1d20+5)[15]
    (1d20+5)[9]
    (1d20+2)[15]
    (1d20+1)[14]

The camels topple over, entangled by the flaming strands of energy, the hyenas and gnolls snarl at Kalinda, showing their fangs.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2011-02-22 at 01:51 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65

GnomeWizardGuy

as they stand together unable to move quilon see his Shot at using his new spells.
    he take a step to the side to make sure he got enough room to cast his spell and make the Hail of stone rain down opon the creatures there are standing entangled, making sure not to place the spell so he can hit the human in front.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hail of stone, area spell. DC 17 reflex for half damage.
    (4d4)[10]

as the stone rains down on the creatures Quilon tries to spot a person there could be a potential leader.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[14]
    Bagger: "its not about playing the broken characters, its just fun to break the system"

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking about, you notice one gnoll in each pack is slightly smaller than the others, but it's muscles bulge a bit more and it carries two bars of something held together by a chain at it's side.

You shout words of power into the air, they echo unnaturally loud throughout the nearby wastes. Arcane energy coalesces into the form of a hail of stone, raining down onto the group of entangled gnolls.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Saves
    (1d20+5)[9]
    (1d20+5)[15]
    (1d20+2)[3]
    (1d20+1)[6]

The stone pelts the gnolls hard, you can hear their yelping cries of pain even from the caravan.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2011-02-22 at 02:47 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing the gnoll archers firing at the innocents, Leela changes tactics, in the hope to save as many lives as possible. A wave of a hand, a bit of fleece, and a Minor Image spell later, over a dozen of lightly-armored crossbowmen run out of the main tent and start loading and cranking their squeaky heavy crossbows.

For the Gnoll archers, they present a delicious target ...

For now, Leela, still invisible, will move at half-speed, concentrating on maintaing the illusion and making "her crossbowmen" react realistically to arrows.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing the Crossbowmen, the Gnolls cackle and start barking orders in Gnoll, the Hyenas run towards the Crossbowmen.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming it's now Harperous' turn

Seeing the Hyenas stuck and slowed down Harperous aims for one and fires off another arrow after moving closer to Kalinda

Spoiler
    Show

Move to near/beside Kalinda
    Attacking entangled Hyena
    Attack [roll] 1d20+7[/roll]
    Damage [roll] 1d6+2[/roll]
    Spoiler
    Show
    assuming they just moved through the grease and are thus considered balancing/flat footed Sneak attack (2d6)[6] ignore if otherwise

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

Attacks messed up so
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage (1d6+2)[4]

edit OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    hmm natural 20 so critical
    @ Toraminus if we're rolling to confirm i'll leave the attack and damage rolls up to you also sorry for the double post
    Last edited by cylch; 2011-02-25 at 06:23 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

The arrow streaks across the desert sands, hitting a hyena square between the eyes, instantly killing it.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sorry, I keep making silly mistakes - now I just posted an IC post (with rolls) into the OOC thread, here.

I copy the content here, with the results of the rolls copy-pasted:

Lim fires arrow after arrow at the hyenas.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack the closest hyena. If it dies with the first shoot, attack the next one.
    Attack 1:
    Attack (1d20+7)[26]
    Damage (1d8+3)[9]

Attack 2:
    Attack (1d20+7)[18]
    Damage (1d8+3)[4]

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalinda rips out the arrow she was hit with earlier and blasts those she has entangled with more fire.

Damage: (2d6)[8]
    DC: 17 for half damage.
    Camel's Handbook

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Those who are entangled from last round take (1d6)[3] damage.
    Camel's Handbook

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

The phantasmal crossbowmen draw swords and slowly advance, taunting the hyenas with guttural cries.

16. - Top - End - #76

GnomeWizardGuy

Quilon center a new Hail of stone in the head of the Gnolls still caugt in the enganglement.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hail of stone: Reflex for half DC: 15
    (4d4)[10]

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gnolls scream in agony as they burn, stone pelts them like rain, and arrows streak across the wastes towards them.

The second group of Gnolls charges towards the caravan at top speed, throwing nets onto two of the civilians and dragging them behind their camels.

One of the Gnolls in the second group does not use his net, but rather takes out a bottle of red liquid and tosses it towards a nearby wagon.

When the vial hits the wagon it shatters, and for a brief moment, all is quiet. Then, the liquid catches flame, instantly engulfing the wagon in fire.

One Gnoll, and two Hyena's lie dead in the smaller group.

Spoiler
    Show
    For simplicitie's sake, I rolled at my desk, just too many to post them all.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2011-02-28 at 09:00 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

Seeing he has no chance of reaching the civilians in time and hoping that others can save them and deal with the fire Harperous takes aim at the last Gnoll from the group closest to him hoping to finish him off before moving towards the others

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+7)[13]
    Damage (1d6+2)[3]
    If this shot kills the Gnoll move 30 feet towards second group if not stay in place

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gnoll, slightly shorter, but stockier than the others, sees the arrow coming and ducks below it.

He bellows a curse in gnoll at the top of his lungs, desperately trying to free himself of the tangling webs of flaming energy.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Lim notices the Gnolls dragging away the civilians, aims at the closest one, and fires.

[spoiler]
    Fire at the gnolls with the nets. If one dies, attack the next one.

Attack 1
    Attack (1d20+7)[15]
    Damage (1d8+1)[3]

Attack 2
    Attack (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage (1d8+1)[7]
    [spoiler]

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

The phantasmal warriors can't stop the poor civilians from being enslaved... time to change tactics again.

Leela lets go of the concentration on Minor Image [[spell persists for 2 more rounds]], jumps under a wagon, and creates a hypnotising patterns of lights to stop the group of gnolls dragging the net.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hyponotic Pattern, affecting a total of (2d4+4)[6] Hit Dice, Will 16 negates;
    Bad news - this makes the Invisibility go away. Good news - no verbal component, so Leela is being very quiet about it.