New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Hourglass of Zihaja D&D 4e] Heroes on a Sea of Swords IC

The Skyarrow
    Standing on the water's surface, the fog parted before her, is a pahari dressed in all silks. Being men and women of the sea, you know a little about pahari; you know that theirs is a civilization based very much on magic, and that they completely lack the inbred fear of the arcane that much of the world shares. She grins. Foolish genieblood, let me lay this out for you so you'll understand. That's what I'm here for! she laughs, diving back into the water.

((OOC: I will arrange initiative and the map in a sec. How do you guys want to deal with 3-D aquatic combat? I am thinking we go with two maps, one that is N/S/E/W and one that is N/S/Up/Down. Thoughts?))
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

The Skyarrow
    Medinah and Rahman jump in first; the other Hunters have no sign of them through the fog.

For Medinah and Rahman Only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you emerge in the water, the scene clears nearly instantly. It reveals... a pack of sharks. The pahari witch giggles. This should be entertaining. Three of the sharks look mundane enough, though they're quite muscular. Two of the sharks are red, with flaming eyes; some kind of demonic creature, possibly. The religious types may know more. In any case, one of the seething firesharks charges Medinah, while a mundane one charges Rahman. The demonic beast misses the swimming Medinah, but the dire shark savages Rahman, leaving a bleeding wound.

[Rahman takes 14 damage and ongoing 5 damage (save ends). The Enemies actually won initiative, but being sharks, couldn't do much out of the water. They all have readied actions to charge y'all as you come in, which is why I am having you guys choose the order you enter the water.]

Overhead Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Side View Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

[Okay, who is jumping in the water or doing something next? I am doing the player phase in stages for a reason; please do not read spoilers that are not addressed to you. EDIT: Also, don't expect any map updates until Monday afternoon; I am at my cottage where uploads and downloads are a finite resource, so I don't want to run it up by uploading new images.]
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-06-25 at 08:18 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

Rather worried about Medinah, particularly since she cannot communicate with her through the deep fog, Amirah jumps into the water.

Spoiler
    Show
    Like last time, shift to humanoid and back to get the temp HP, and go in as a swarm
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Kihtsah Darimil, Dervish of Adimas

"Let's see if you can back up your words with action."
    Kihtsah shouts as dives into the sea, holding tightly onto his blades.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rahman Shamis, Kobold Swordmage

Spoiler
    Show

Rahman cursed as one of the sharks appeared from the depths, scoring a bleeding hit as he entered the water.

Seeing the other sharks approaching he reached out with his aegis, ensnaring some of them before attacking the shark in front of him.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

Move action was jumping in
    (No ongoing damage, as ongoing was applied after the start of the player phase? HP = 99 if not, 94 if damage is applied)
    Minor action to double Aegis Shark at F2-G4, also G6? (unsure if can reach, due to depth difference)
    Standard action: Booming blade on shark at B2
    Attack - (1d20+20)[23] vs AC
    On hit: (1d8+10)[17]damage. (1d6+8)[10] if the shark moves away from Rahman.

Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

Spoiler
    Show
    Medinah likewise extends her aegis, placing her mark on the shark nearest Rahman. With a quick thought, her blade whirs at the ready, and after enspelling it with frigid energy she strikes at the strangely red shark in front of her.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action to jump into the water.
    Minor action to place Aegis of Assault on the shark at C-2/B-3.
    Free action to activate the psychic damage property of her sword.
    Standard action: Frigid Blade @ the red shark adjacent to her.

Int (weapon) vs. AC: (1d20+21)[33]
    Hit: (1d8+10)[18] cold and psychic damage (or is it just psychic damage?), the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls UEMNT, and if the target starts its next turn adjacent to you, it takes a -6 penalty to speed UEINT.

Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2011-06-26 at 09:38 AM.
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

The Qius Sea - Player Phase Part 2

Everyone but Hakhpur and Teshiq:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Amirah and Kihtsah jump in to follow their friends, they soon find themselves in crystal-clear water... facing an angry pack of sharks. The shark marked by Rahman charges him when the new arrivals appear, and another charges Kihtsah. The Pahari witch casts a spell, and suddenly a spectral harpoon tries to catch Amirah by surprise as the swarm enters the water. However, the Hunters' defenses prove too strong for their foes; both sharks are dodged easily enough, though the one attacking Rahman gets very close. Amirah easily disbelieves the illusory harpoon.

Map (Overhead)
    Spoiler
    Show

Map (Sideview)
    Spoiler
    Show

Kihtsah (Religiosity)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Two of these sharks have a very distinctive colouration... they're certainly magical, and you think you recognize the aura. The sharks have been corrupted by the heretic church of Maqur for use as deadly war beasts.

[Kihtsah and Amirah can now take their turns. Still waiting on Hakhpur and Teshiq. Sorry for the slowness; I posted this up a few hours ago, but the forum ate my post and I didn't realize; I was about to question why no one had responded yet when I realized the post never went through. Fixed the maps; I realized that I didn't originally ensure that the maps lined up. Now they do. I will do Statuses properly at the end of the first proper enemy phase post.]
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

Shadow_elf (and other underwater allies)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Beast of Maqur, I will end your use to your master today!" Kihtsah says, his blades whirling as much as they can with the water weighing them down.

Minor: Oath of Emnity on Demon shark in E1-F2 on the bottom map
    Standard: Weaving blades
    Move: Shift to C1 on top map, D1 on the bottom (assuming I can shift without a swim speed)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacks vs Reflex:
    (1d20+18)[30]
    (1d20+18)[23]
    Damage:
    (1d8+14)[17]
    On a hit, Until the end of my next turn, any enemy other than the target that enters a square adjacent to me or starts it's turn there is affected by my weaving blades:
    Free Action: Deal 5 damage and push it 1 square. I plan on pushing the normal shark by me after my shift one square up and towards the pahari.
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2011-06-28 at 11:59 PM.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

For those in the wet:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah seems surrounded by a multitude of bubbles as each insect carries its own air reserves with them into the fight. "Oh, fishy! Haven't had fishy for dinner in a while. Duke will be happy" she projects, while moving forwards and calling upon the waves to batter the enemies before her.

Move: Dive
    Free: Wild Shape into humanoid, shift to E1 depth 'B' (-2) (+1 AC, +1 Ref)
    Standard: Tidal Surge @ C2-G6, Depth C-G (i.e. -3 -> -7), catching every enemy except northern-most shark

(Reserve: Minor to shift, depending on whether I hit E6 and can slide her; see below for details)

Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah
    HP 102+10/102 Bloodied 51 Healing Surge 25 (0 used /12)
    AC 29 Fort 27 Reflex 24 Will 28 Speed 6

Burst Attack vs Fortitude. All coordinates are from top view
    To Hit B2 C3 - (1d20+18)[28]
    To Hit C1 B2 - (1d20+18)[37]
    To Hit F2 G3 - (1d20+18)[25]
    To Hit G4 H5 - (1d20+18)[35]
    To Hit E6 - (1d20+18)[23]
    Damage - (2d6+10)[17]

Any target hit gets slid 3 squares, to be determined once I know who gets hit (and really, it will be up to the defenders and how those moves work best for their marks). About the only one I'll declare right now is G6, which will be slid to D3, depth B (-2), and if so I'll reserve the right to use a minor to shift next to her
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Teshiq stared into the fog tensely waiting for some sign of what was going on, twice he thought he heard splashes in the water and maybe some voices through the fog, he turned once to look to the Captain to see if she had some guidance but refrained from parting his lips, the question on his tongue had no thought to form the words. He lowered the hood of his cloak to try and hear, an odd word game of his teacher floated through. SLLS the odd sounds comforted him he stopped his thoughts and simply looked and listened he breathed through his nose the scent of the sea filling him.

He was certain now he could see the path in front of him Daq's path lead into the water, with a brief smile to the crew Teshiq tucked his holy symbol under his shirt against his skin he adjusted his items to see what he could ensure would stay sealed against the water would. He breathed out and climbed onto the railing gripping the sail rope in his free hand before he let go and dived off the side of the ship.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception Check Take 20 = 32
    Athletics Dive into the water. (1d20+11)[26]
    Last edited by A'den; 2011-06-30 at 06:15 PM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

The Qius Sea - Player Phase Continued

Teshiq witnesses the complex situation with the sharks underwater and takes action. In the meantime, Hakhpur hops into the ocean in pursuit of his companions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hakhpur and Teshiq each have a Standard and Minor action to spend. The party can make a plan for Hakhpur, or I will perform a default at-will attack for him tomorrow evening. Maps updates, Statuses and spoilers updated. I'm using a new system; no more status symbols on the map, just statuses in the spoilers. However, all the tokens now have labels, for ease of reference. If anyone has any suggestions for improvements to the maps, I'm open to them.

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Overhead:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sideview:
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A); 102/102 HP, 12/12 Surges, 10 THP
    Hakhpur (H); 95/95 HP, 7/7 Surges
    Kihtsah (K); 111/111 HP, 8/8 Surges,
    Medinah (M); 105/105 HP, 13/13 Surges,
    Rahman (R); 99/113 HP, 18/18 Surges, OG5 Untyped
    Teshiq (T); 103/103 HP, 8/8 Surges,

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Demon Shark (DS1); Frostbladed UEMNT, Marked (R),
    Demon Shark (DS2); Oath (K)
    Dire Shark (S1);
    Dire Shark (S2); Marked (R)
    Dire Shark (S3); Marked (M)
    Pahari Sorceress (PS);

Known Information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Demon Sharks:
    DS1 Damage: 18
    DS2 Damage: 34
    AC 30 or less
    Fortitude 25-28
    Reflex unknown
    Will unknown

Dire Sharks:
    S1 Damage: None
    S2 Damage: 17
    S3 Damage: 17
    AC 24+
    Fortitude 35 or less
    Reflex unknown
    Will unknown

Pahari Sorceress:
    Damage: None
    AC unknown
    Fortitude 24+
    Reflex unknown
    Will unknown
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-07-05 at 09:56 PM.
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #402

(Not entirely sure who gets to see this, I am not beneath the water's surface.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Hakhpur
    Confronted by the chaos before him, Hakhpur's vision centres on the Pahari beyond it all. Straining his eyes to see clearly through the roiling water, he feels anger surge within him as he enters the Phase of the Sun. Sorceress! Defender yourself! Lighting streams from his hands, overflowing through his staff and entering the water with a hiss of steam.

Standard Action: Dancing Lightning targeting the Pahari Sorceress.
    Minor Action: None

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+18)[26] vs. Reflex
    Hit: (2d10+20)[25] lightning and 6 thunder damage, and Hakhpur gets a +1 bonus to thunder attacks, and a +1 bonus to area and close attacks.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Teshiq dived into the water with a loud splash his eyes seeking out the demon sharks his blood itched their very aura was anathema to him, Daq excepted the light and the dark and the paths between but the formless frothing madness of chaos rebelled against the calm of the Third Path. Divine power glowed around Teshiq's blade throwing silvery light into the murky depths he sword glided through the water like a knife through a tomato. Streams of bubbles boiled in the water as power flowed into Teshiq, into his blade, and into his allies around him.

Spoiler
    Show

Finally loaded haha.

Are we still under the influence of the enchantment, not sure from last posts?
    If not Athletics Check: (1d20+11)[24]

Minor Action: Weapon of the Gods
    Add +1d6 Radiant Damage on targets hit by Teshiq's sword.
    Enemies hit by weapon take a -2 penalty to AC until the weapon wielders (Teshiq) next turn.
    Standard Action: Divine Power Close Burst 2
    Attacks (vs Fort)
    DS2 (1d20+20)[22]
    S3 (1d20+20)[22]
    Damage Apply to All Enemies (Radiant)
    Hit: (2d10+9)[28] plus (1d6)[3]
    Teshiq Gains: +2 AC and Regeneration 5 until End of Encounter
    Allies in the Close Burst 2 Amirah, Khitsah, Rahman all gain +2 AC until end of the encounter.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

The Qius Sea - Enemy Phase Continued

Teshiq's magic succeeds in bolstering him and his allies, but fails to harm his intended targets.

In the meantime, Hakhpur leaps into the water and fires a sizzling bolt of electricity at the witch. And as well all learned from Pokemon, water conducts electricity, and so everyone takes damage! His bolt strikes true, using the advantage of his nearby packmates, and the mermaid screeches in pain.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hakhpur hits with his attack, dealing 39 total damage, since once he is in the water, he gets +8 damage from Pack Fighter. Teshiq misses with both of his attack rolls.

Once the Hunters have launched their return salvo, the sharks disengage at some unseen command from the sorceress and realign themselves further ahead. A cloud of inky mist fills the water around the sorceress, and she vanishes from sight. She reappears in a different place and unleashes a wave of magic energy aimed at the Hunters. Rahman and Hakhpur resist the spell, but the rest of the Hunters are affected, Teshiq critically so.

Spoiler
    Show
    The sharks all shift to disengage and then move to their new locations on the map. Her spell deals 38 damage to Amirah, Medinah, and Kihtsah, and 40 damage to Teshiq (critical hit, but she rolled almost max damage for the group anyway so not a big difference). The blue area on the map is lightly obscured; attacking through it gives concealment to the target is the line of effect passes through at least two sides of squares in the burst.

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Overhead:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sideview:
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A); 74/102 HP, 12/12 Surges, +2 AC
    Hakhpur (H); 95/95 HP, 7/7 Surges
    Kihtsah (K); 71/111 HP, 8/8 Surges, +2 AC
    Medinah (M); 65/105 HP, 13/13 Surges,
    Rahman (R); 99/113 HP, 18/18 Surges, OG5 Untyped, +2 AC
    Teshiq (T); 63/103 HP, 8/8 Surges, +2 AC, RG 5, Weapon of the Gods

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Demon Shark (DS1); Marked (R),
    Demon Shark (DS2); Oath (K)
    Dire Shark (S1);
    Dire Shark (S2); Marked (R)
    Dire Shark (S3); Marked (M)
    Pahari Sorceress (PS);

Known Information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Demon Sharks:
    DS1 Damage: 18
    DS2 Damage: 34
    AC 30 or less
    Fortitude 25-28
    Reflex unknown
    Will unknown

Dire Sharks:
    S1 Damage: None
    S2 Damage: 17
    AC 24+
    Fortitude 35 or less
    Reflex unknown
    Will unknown

Pahari Sorceress:
    Damage: 39
    AC unknown
    Fortitude 24+
    Reflex 26 or less
    Will unknown
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

Somewhat reduced in size from the savage attack, Amirah rushes forward, attracting thousands of small creatures as she does. "Lady is not nice. Lady needs some manners."

Amirah swims deep into the dark waters, brushing past one of the sharks to reach the witch, and then sending all her new friends to form a cloud around the witch and her pets. "Distracted witch is easy to hit witch!" she sends to Medinah.

However, as the cloud of krill reaches the creature, it shimmers and vanishes. Recognising the illusion, Amirah quickly looks around and locates the real caster. She immediately sends a thought to the rest of the team. "Bad sneaky witch! She's over there!"

Actions:
    Free: Wild Shape to beast form, shift to C1 depth C, +1 AC, +1Ref, +10 Temp HP
    Move: To -C7, depth G. I can get there only by accepting an OA from the red shark
    Standard: Swarming Locusts @ -B7/A9, depth D-F (hits PS, DS1, S1). Creates a zone that lasts until the end of my next turn. While within the zone, enemies grant combat advantage.
    Minor: Perception roll (see OoC; 33)

Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah
    HP 74+10/102 Bloodied 51 Healing Surge 25 (0 used /12)
    AC 32 Fort 27 Reflex 25 Will 28

To Hit PS - (1d20+18)[32] vs Reflex
    To Hit DS1 - (1d20+18)[22] vs Reflex
    To Hit S1 - (1d20+18)[21] vs Reflex
    Damage - (1d8+10)[12]
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2011-07-17 at 10:01 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

The Qius Sea - Enemy Response
    [I will roll the OA later, I am on the wrong computer, but the rest of the party needs to know this]
    Amirah's attack misses the two sharks, but it hits the sorceress; or at least, what she thought was the sorceress. The illusion of the pahari is torn to shreds by Amirah's attack. The real one is nowhere to be seen.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

"I cannot detect her, but I shall be there presently," the warforged replies to Amirah before firing off curses and bolts of psychic energy at the sharks and quickly moving into better position.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor action: Warlock's Curse on the sharks DS1 and S1 (S3 is equidistant to me as S1, but S1 has clear line of sight).
    Standard: Skirmisher's Volley @ DS1, S1 and DS2 (I'm pretty sure I have clear LoS to the corner of A-11).

Con (Implement) vs. Reflex:
    vs. DS1: (1d20+20)[32]
    vs. S1: (1d20+20)[23]
    vs. DS2: (1d20+18)[22]

Hit: (1d8+10)[17] + (2d6)[9] psychic damage (no curse damage on DS2) and take -2 penalty to close and melee attack rolls against my allies UEMNT (except DS2) and -2 penalty to attack rolls UEMNT. After the attack is resolved, I can shift 1 square +1 square per target hit with the attack.

I'll wait on my move action until after I see how many targets I hit/how far I can shift.
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2011-07-18 at 12:08 AM.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

The wave of energy ripped through Teshiq it seemed to tear through his armor like paper but he shook the blow off and turned toward the fight. Teshiq followed Amriah's swarm, he held back any admonishment about being careful, she could take better care of herself than he could. He swam after the swarm she formed and confronted the large red shark he kicked with his feet and swam under the massive beast and drew his sword up over his head along the beast's belly.

Spoiler
    Show

Whats our Swim Speed with the Ritual? If he can move further I'd like him to be adjacent to the shark and Amirah.
    Teshiq: AC 32 Fort 25 Ref 21 Will 27
    Move Action: Move to A5 Depth G
    Standard Action: MBA [Finisher Strike] vs AC
    Attack: (1d20+20)[27]
    Hit: (1d10+9)[19] + (1d6)[2] Radiant Damage + (2d6)[6] Finisher Feat.
    Regenerate 5 HP.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

After repositioning himself, Kihtsah streaks across the water after Amirah and Medinah, aimed directly at the demon shark's side.

Move: To A2 on top-down map, depth F
    Standard: Charge to A5, depth F
    Spoiler
    Show
    Auto succeed the swim checks
    Attack vs AC: (1d20+18)[35]
    Damage: (1d8+9)[10] + 2 if Medinah ended up adjacent to it.
    On hit, shift to A4, depth G, pulling it into my old square.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah, continued

Taking advantage of her quick and marginally successful volley to move into position, Medinah suddenly vanishes in a puff of brimstone only to appear between the nearest demon shark and dire shark, her aegis enveloping both of them. She spreads her arms wide and a burst of psychic static explodes from her, though her friends in the area fortunately prove to be immune.

Spoiler
    Show

Shift to C-3 depth E per Skirmisher's Volley.
    Move action: Avernian Challenge, teleport 5 to A-8 depth F. Adjacent enemies DS1 and S1 are marked by my aegis UEMNT.
    Spending action point to attack with Tyrannical Threat, Close Burst 3.

Con (implement) vs. Will @ all enemies in burst (DS1, S1, DS2 and S2).
    @DS1: (1d20+20)[21]
    @S1: (1d20+20)[30]
    @DS2: (1d20+18)[25]
    @S2: (1d20+18)[22]
    Hit: (1d10+10)[17] psychic damage + 11 fire damage (per Avernian Action's benefit for action point use), and place my Warlock's Curse on the target, and (only S1) take -2 penalty to close and melee attack rolls against my allies UEMNT and (all except for DS1) -2 penalty to attack rolls UEMNT.
    Miss: Half damage and place my Warlock's Curse on the target.
    Effect: Until the end of the encounter, whenever a creature bearing my Warlock's Curse attacks me, it takes psychic damage equal to my Int mod (6).
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2011-07-19 at 12:05 AM.

21. - Top - End - #411

Rahman swam forward after the sharks as they disengaged, teleporting himself toward their final position. He wrapped his aegis out, ensnaring the two sharks closest to himself, and lashed out with his battlefist.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 5 ongoing damage (HP = 94)
    Move action to move to G5
    Move action for Armanthor's Step to F10, Depth C
    Minor action, mark both normal sharks
    Spending Action point (Temp HP = 12)
    Standard Action for Battlefist Smash on S2 Shark.
    Attack - (1d20+22)[27] vs AC
    Damage - (3d8+9)[20] damage, and push it adjacent to the demon shark, and S2 Shark grants combat advantage until the start of Rahman's next turn.
    saving throw - (1d20+2)[20]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

Character Roster:

22. - Top - End - #412

Hakhpur

Unable to swim toward the sorceress quickly enough, Hakhpur focuses his energy inward to undergo a rapid transformation. Motes of light blossom from beneath his robes, growing in intensity until his entire body seems to have converted itself into a crackling, amorphous mass of electricity. The enormous spark races through the water, striking a dire sharks on its path curving toward the sorceress.

In spark form, Hakhpur moves to -C8, depth E, attacking DS1. As his body reincorporates himself, he finds himself near to two sharks. Could use some help over here! Being unable to see the Pahari, he uses his Foestone on the Dire Shark he just attacked.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Spark Form
    Minor Action: Foestone
    Move Action: Waiting to see if additional movement is necessary.

To hit DS1 (Spark Form): (1d20+18)[19] vs. Reflex
    Damage (Spark Form): (1d6+20)[23] lightning

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

The Qius Sea - Enemy Phase Continued

Though Hakhpur and Rahman's attacks fail to land, Teshiq, Kihtsah and Medinah have better luck. A series of blows strike the sharks, most notably the demon shark that lagged behind, which begins to bleed profusely into the water.

Perception 24
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Pahari, though invisible, seems to mumble something as the demon shark begins to bleed.

Insight 30 or Speaks Pahrai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She is definitely swearing/cursing as a result of the shark's bloodying. Additionally, all but the bloodied shark seem to attack their targets... reluctantly?

The Pahari shouts some kind of command to the sharks in Admajai, and they rush to the attack. The bloodied shark retreats, accepting attacks from Kihtsah and Teshiq, and its counterpart approaches from the other side. The pair then unleash dual gouts of fire on the Hunters, fires so intense and infernal that even the water cannot help shield against it. The heroes are mostly successful in repelling the flames, but each takes varying amounts of damage from the assault.

The bloodied Hunters can feel now fiery auras around the demon sharks which makes their exposed wounds burn. Magically sped up by the demon sharks, the mundane ones rush into combat, largely ignoring magical marks in favour of striking bloodied foes. Rahman's Aegis and Kihtsah's divine protection guard him from both of one shark's attacks, but the other completely savages Teshiq. The third one savages Medinah severely as well.

A new shark enters the fray behind Hakhpur; it is revealed as another illusion after it brutally savages him. The Pahari evidently tries to renew her spell, but her dweomer fails; she loses her concealment.

Admajai-Speakers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stay back! I promise you blood, children, but you must wait!

Spoiler
    Show
    From the Breath Weapons, Rahman takes 47 fire damage. Teshiq takes 36 fire damage. The rest take 23 fire damage.

From the charging sharks, massive damage is inflicted. Medinah takes 25 damage then 44 damage, for a total of 69 damage. Teshiq takes 23 damage, then 44 damage, for a total of 67 damage. Both take a total of ongoing 15 damage. Kihtsah is missed by the one-two punch aimed at him. Hakhpur takes 19 psychic damage and suffers -2 to attacks until the end of his next turn. Rahman can use his Aegis to lessen the damage on one of the attacks aimed @ Teshiq, since that shark is marked by him. Map updates to come tomorrow afternoon, when I have a bit more time to polish them up.

Oh, and before you all have aneurisms, I just blew every single encounter power available to these monsters in one turn, and got two crits on some of the nastiest ones of the lot.

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Overhead:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sideview:
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A); 51/102 HP, 12/12 Surges, +2 AC, Bloodied
    Hakhpur (H); 53/95 HP, 7/7 Surges
    Kihtsah (K); 48/111 HP, 8/8 Surges, +2 AC, Bloodied
    Medinah (M); 27/105 HP, 13/13 Surges, Tyrannical Threat Buff, OG15 damage, Bloodied, Dying, Unconscious
    Rahman (R); 59/113 HP, 18/18 Surges, +2 AC
    Teshiq (T); -35/103 HP, 8/8 Surges, +2 AC, RG 5, Weapon of the Gods, Bloodied, Dying, Unconscious

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Demon Shark (DS1); Aegis (M) UEMNT, -2 ATK UEMNT, Cursed (M), Bloodied
    Demon Shark (DS2); Oath (K), Cursed (M)
    Dire Shark (S1); Aegis (M) UEMNT, Cursed (M)
    Dire Shark (S2); Aegis (R), Cursed (M)
    Dire Shark (S3); Aegis (R)
    Pahari Sorceress (PS);

Known Information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Demon Sharks:
    DS1 Damage: 111
    DS2 Damage: 48
    AC 27 or less
    Fortitude 25-28
    Reflex 23-32
    Will 26+

Dire Sharks:
    S1 Damage: 28
    S2 Damage: 31
    AC 28+
    Fortitude 35 or less
    Reflex 24+
    Will 23-30
    Weakest Defense: Will
    Resistances: None

Pahari Sorceress:
    Damage: 39
    AC unknown
    Fortitude 24+
    Reflex 26 or less
    Will unknown
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-07-27 at 06:48 PM.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Teshiq's blade whispered through the water as the demonic shark turned to flee, the balance of Daq demanded an end to the violation of nature.

Spoiler
    Show

Attacks of Opportunity on DS1
    Finisher MBA vs AC
    Attack: (1d20+20)[33]
    Hit: (1d10+9)[12] Slashing Damage + (1d6)[1] Radiant Damage + (2d6)[7] Slashing Damage

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

"*Rrrrrrhh* No!" the warforged growls emphatically just as the charging shark's jaws closed in on her, and she's surrounded by that pitch-black bubble, which absorbs the full impact of the attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Immediate rection: using Shielding Shades to reduce the 44 damage from that attack to 0.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

"Oooh, the invisible lady doesn't seem to like when we give her fish bloody noses!" Amirah points out, as hundreds of her insects savage the fins of the escaping shark.

OA:
    To Hit - (1d20+20)[25] vs Reflex
    Damage - (1d8+10)[13] + Glove Damage - (1d10)[2]

27. - Top - End - #417

After the savaging from the sharks, Rahman activated the healing agents inside of his battlefist, and flung a vial toward Teshiq as he closed with the sharks again.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

Standard Action for Self-repair. Rahman HP = 113
    Minor action: Restoritive Formula on Teshiq. HP = healing surge + 6
    Move action: Move to d11, Depth C.
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Roster:

28. - Top - End - #418

[As stated in the OoC thread, my actions hinge on information that I haven't yet received because I just asked for it now. Making an assumption for the time being.]

Hakhpur
    Finding himself uncomfortably close to the vicious behemoths currently occupied with making mincemeat of his allies, Hakhpur activates his Boots of the Fencing Master to put some space between himself and the sharks. Then, flailing in the water a best as he can in his sodden robes, he swims toward the Sorceress. Hakhpur opens his mouth to shout out something pithy, but at the last second decides to attack with Thunder Breath instead. A shockwave erupts forward, compressing the water between sorcerer and Sorceress and sending it rocketing out toward Hakhpur's foe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Boots of the Fencing Master, shift to -A10, depth G.
    Move: Swim, move to -A13
    Standard: Thunder Breath, targets only the Pahari.
    (1d20+18)[30] vs. Fortitude
    Hit: (2d6+20)[28] thunder damage, and the target is dazed until the end of Hakhpur's next turn.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

One of the sharks falters before Kihtsah's assault and is pushed up the surface, putting the half genie in position to strike at his oathbound target. Even as he swings his blade at the demonic shark, he binds the Pahari with a prayer to Adimas.

Minor: Fury's Advance on S2, Pushing it to E8-F9, depth A, shifting to D7, depth C
    Move: Shift to D8, depth D
    Attack: Chains of Censure on DS2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Damage roll from the Fury's Advance-(1d8+6)[9] + an additional 3 damage as it ends the push adjacent to Rahman.

Attack rolls for Chains vs AC:
    (1d20+18)[35]
    (1d20+18)[33]
    Damage: (2d8+16)[28] and on hit, the Pahari is immobilized until the end of my next turn.
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2011-07-28 at 09:44 PM.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

"You know, you are not the only one with friends in the sea," Amirah projects, almost chattily as the cloud of insects become defined and her 'arms' perform the summon ritual. "Your fish may have more teeth, but I think mine bites better"

The massive crocodile burst outs of the portal between the Pahari and her allies, making his best to grab her while she is dazed.

Free: shift to humanoid, shift to -C8 Depth G, +1 AC, +1Ref
    Standard: Summon Crocodile @ B11-C12 Depth D-E
    Attacks Pahari
    Move: to B14, Depth F

Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah
    HP 51/102 Bloodied 51 Healing Surge 25 (0 used /12)
    AC 32 Fort 27 Reflex 25 Will 28 Speed 6

Crocodile
    HP 51 Bloodied 25 Healing Surge 12 (0 used /0)
    AC 29 Fort 27 Reflex 24 Will 28 Speed 6 Swim 8

To Hit - (1d20+20)[35] vs Reflex (assumes CA from dazed)
    Damage - (1d8+10)[13]
    If hits, she's grabbed with -3 to any escape attempt roll