New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Hourglass of Zihaja D&D 4e] Heroes on a Sea of Swords IC

Amirah, Living Swarm

Amirah's quick incantation is enough to save the crocodile's life, but the toll continues to prey on the swarm, and a few more dozen insects collapse as their magical energy is tapped.

The swarm, however, buzzes as Medinah's command rings out. "Who are you? You are not Medinah!Best Friend" The tone, for now, is curious, with just a hint of worry.

Spoiler
    Show

Insight - (1d20+21)[31] to check for possession
    Also whatever knowledge is appropriate. Arcana be my guess (+9), but if not, check the sheet for the appropriate modifier.
    Knowledge check - (1d20)[3]
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alvah Nasab, Voice of thunder
    The bard was about to listen to Medinah, but Amirah words confuse him. Unsure whom to trust among them as he doesnt know them that much yet, the half-marid focus on what he know, that the Lord of war is the enemy. Moving around the statue up the the contruct, he strike low the the monster leg, his blade charged with magic. AS he hit the creature, the ground under it start to shake, making it very hard for the enemy to stand. The magic also explode and a weave of magic expand, bolstering his ally weapons and implements.

Looking at Amriah and healing him, the back mentaly ask him,
    "Are you sure there is some problem with Medinah?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I crossed Chord of resilience (I assume you remembered to removed 11 damages from Kihtsah as I asked in post 1098 OOC _ i wanted to use it to lower some damage he took.

Start of turn :took 10 damamges (reduced by 6 = 4 taken) (I should be at 78... unless I erred somewhere)

Move : Move to O21
    Standard : Earthquake Strike on Lord of war, melee attack
    Attack on Lord of war (+2 (Zone)) : (1D20+24)[27] VS AC
    Hit : (2D8+10)[13] damages and knock LOW prone. UENT (Alvah), allies within 10 of Alvah can knock prone any creature they hit and have +5 to their damage rolls.

Minor : Majestic word on Amirah, can spend a surge + (2D6+6)[16]. teleport Amirah to Q21 and grant him 6 THP (I think that he doesnt get Dazed anymore for THP, but if Alvah beleive he still does from getting THP, he wont give them to him)
    Free : I telelport to Q23 sinc eI telelported someone else, and Gain +2 AC adn Reflex UENT (Alvah)

End of turn : SAve VS Fire (1D20)[20]

That is about it... hope I hit!

Alvah's Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP :...78/102...TEMP HP :...6
    Surge Value :...25
    Surge left/surge per day :...0/12
    Resist : ....6 Ongoing ....
    AC:...29 (31)...FORT:...29... REF:...26 (28)...WILL:...31...
    Encounter count for the day: ....2
    Languages : ....Common, Aquan, Ignan , Terran
    Initiative : ... +8
    Passive Perception : ... 23
    Passive Insight : ...21
    Main Hand : Bard's Songblade Longsword +4
    Off Hand : Light Shield
    Powers :
    Melee Basic Attack (For OAs) (+14, 1D8+3)
    Staggering Note
    War Song Strike

Action point (0/2)
    Second Wind
    Majestic Word (1/2)
    Healing Rain
    Word of Friendship
    Vezzuvu's Eruption
    Shout of Thriumph
    Drums of the wild hunt
    Rolling Echo
    Earthquake Stike
    Moment of Escape
    Chrod of Resilience
    Illusory Ereasure

Tune of Ice and Wind
    Thunder Blade
    Menacing Thunder
    Doom Echo

Items powers:
    Eladrin Ring of passage
    Cloak of Translocation +4

Helm of Teleportation
    Imposter's Stonemail Armor +3

Consumables :

Effects from Alvah :
    Zone : (L21/R27), allies in the zone gain +2 to attack rolls (Last UEE)

Effects on Alvah :
    +2 AC and Reflex UENT (Cloak of Translocation)

Items Carried/Owned :

Spoiler
    Show
    Imposter's Stonemail Armor +3 (E)
    Bard's Songblade Longsword +4 (E)
    Cloak of Translocation +4(E)
    Eladrin's Ring of Passage (E)
    Helm of Teleportation (E)
    Ritual Book
    Backpack
    Bedroll
    Flint and steel
    Beltpouch
    Sunrod (2)
    Rations (10 days)
    50' hempen rope
    Waterskin
    Dagger

Wealth :
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 pp
    40 gp

Last edited by Dekkah; 2013-02-15 at 02:03 PM.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alvah Nasab View Post
    Looking at Amirah and healing her, the bard mentally asks her,
    "Are you sure there is some problem with Medinah?"
    Amirah, Living Swarm

"No, We!Swarm are not sure," comes the answer, to Alvah alone. "It might not even be a problem. But Medinah!Best Friend doesn't sound like this Medinah!Stranger."

Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah is now at 106+6 HP, and has 2 surges left.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2013-02-15 at 01:44 PM.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    The swarm, however, buzzes as Medinah's command rings out. "Who are you? You are not Medinah!Best Friend" The tone, for now, is curious, with just a hint of worry.

Spoiler
    Show

[roll0] to check for possession
    Also whatever knowledge is appropriate. Arcana be my guess (+9), but if not, check the sheet for the appropriate modifier.
    [roll1]
    Medinah

The disguised warforged scowled at Alvah, but returned Amirah's cautionary question with a smile.

"My dearest friend, do not worry. I am Medinah, and at the same time I am not Medinah--I'm me. For the first time, I'm me. I don't know what the future holds for me, but I know this much--I have a soul, and now it's free. Free from my bonds to the other spirits who were linked to this body, free even from my dead old master's programming. And I don't intend any of us to join him anytime soon."

From her tone and expression she seems completely genuine.

Spoiler
    Show

Hope that wasn't too long for "talking is a free action" off turn, heh.

Amirah's Insight should tell her that yes, this is still her friend, she's not possessed, but a dramatic change has taken place in her personality and attitude and it was brought on immediately after she was lit up with some type of magical energy. (I don't know that Amirah's Arcana check was high enough to tell what it is, but I doubt it.) She also would be able to tell that there was some kind of internal conversation happening with Medinah during the fight up to this point, and that all her inward strain or turmoil that she'd been going through is gone.
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2013-02-15 at 07:23 PM.
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

Rimefang's Garden
    Despite Medinah's warning, Alvah heads straight into the melee, ensorcelling his blade and attempted a thunderous blow to the machine. Despite the enormous size of EG-001's weapon, it manages to bring it up in a perfect parry. Alvah weaves his magic over Amirah, moving her slightly aside and restoring some of the insects of the swarm to life. His true purpose in this, however, is to use the residual energy to move himself back towards the exit.

The Pirate Lord of War swings its tulwar at Medinah, seemingly unable to call upon its annoying teleportation magic for the moment. With seemingly newfound vigor, Medinah diverts the massive sword with her own, preventing any damage to her chassis. Showing no signs of frustration as a mortal might at the repeated parries and misses, the machine takes a step towards Alvah, and unleashes another thunderous detonation. The Hunters around him resist the magic, but Figment is not as strong, and the magic resonates onto Medinah and Amirah.

Though Alvah is the first to feel it, soon all the Hunters feel the barest shaking of the ground beneath their feet, as if a small earthquake were passing through the save network. Motes of rock dust descend gently from the ceiling at the disturbance; the machine seems unperturbed by the seismic activity.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A round of terrible rolls on the machine's part. It hits 29 vs. Fortitude+2 on Figment with its Close Burst power, dealing 20 thunder damage, and 4 to each of Amirah and Medinah via its rider effect.

It is now Jalil's turn.

Battle Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zoomed In Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zoomed Out Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Room Details
    The room is affected by Elemental Hoarfrost. All fire damage is reduced by 2, and all cold damage is increased by 2.

The blue zone was made by Alvah. Standing in it gives +2 to attack rolls for your party.

Ice is slippery. A DC18 Acrobatics check is required when one enters an icy square for the first time in a turn, whether willingly or otherwise. If failed, you fall prone. If you succeed, you stay stable. If you succeed by 5 or more, you can perform a "controlled slide" and slide yourself 1 square as a free action, even if you're in the middle of a move action.

Statues grant cover, but they don't occupy their entire square; you can generally see past them and they aren't obscuring enough to use for stealth. The exception is the dragons, which grant total cover, so you can hide behind them. Statues are theoretically destructible, but you suspect that this is part of Rimefang's lair, and you probably don't want to make her angry. Statues on ice terrain are made of ice and not stone.

The black line at the back is a cliff. You cannot gauge what is beyond it or how big the drop is from your current vantage.

Initiative Order
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord War: 35
    Alvah: 24
    Jalil: 27
    Lord War: 26+
    Medinah: 26
    Amirah: 26
    Kihtsah: 25

Acting creature/player is highlighted.

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A): 102/112 HP, 2 THP
    Alvah (N): 78/102 HP,
    Jalil (J): 74/101 HP, 11 THP, Insubstantial
    Medinah (M): 71/105 HP, 11 THP, OG10 Fire
    Rahman (R): 110/113 HP, Catatonic
    Kihtsah (K): 33/111 HP, Bloodied

Figment (F): 8/56 HP, Bloodied
    Crocodile (C): 0/56 HP, Banished

Healing Surges:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah: 2/12
    Alvah: 0/11
    Jalil: 8/10
    Medinah: 4/13
    Rahman: 11/18
    Kihtsah: 0/8[

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord War: Bloodied, Protective Hex (M), Cursed (M), Oath (K).

Known Information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Still immune to force movement. Lower defenses than before, no resistance.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

6. - Top - End - #906
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Jalil

"Repair mode? I intend to destroy it." Jalil says as she walks from out behind the dragon statue, her hair rising up around her and crackling with static electricity. "First you presumed to know mercy...now you play at being selfless. Be truthful before you are destroyed. All you can do is follow orders. You've no true thoughts of your own." She says and blasts of lighting erupt from the fog that surrounds her. "You've no claim to a soul, save what's stolen from others." The swirling mists make it hard to see who Jalil is looking at when she speaks - either the Pirate Lord of War or the Hunter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to L23.
    Standard: Essence of Arcane Blood.
    Free: Lightning Daggers.

At End of Turn: Insubstantial ends.

Essence of Arcane Blood
    Attack (1d20+20)[37] vs Reflex
    Damage (3d8+27)[38] lightning and thunder damage, (1d6)[4] lightning and thunder damage and Jalil gains Combat Advantage against all targets of her arcane attacks until EONT.

Lightning Daggers
    Attack (1d20+20)[23] vs Reflex (An additional +2 via Combat Advantage if Essence of Arcane Blood hit)
    Damage (2d4+21)[27] lightning damage

Other Important Notes:
    +3 All Defenses vs attacks with the acid, fire, cold, thunder, or lightning keywords.
    Temp HP: 13
    Resist Cold 13
    Resist Lightning 10

Statblock
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jalil Farun, Sabi Elementalist
    HP 74/101 Bloodied 50 Surge Value 25 Surges 8/10
    AC 25 Fort 26 Ref 25 Will 30
    Temp HP 13

Initiative +7
    Passive Insight 17
    Passive Perception 19

Elemental Bolt, Static Charge, Storm Walk

Elemental Escalation ([X][X][ ][ ]), Essence of Arcane Blood, Wind Fury Assault, Essence Form, Windwalker, Sorcerous Sirocco, Wind Rider, Fog Form

Howling Tempest, Thunder Leap, Howling Hurricane, Lightning Daggers

Race/Theme/Class/Paragon Path Features
    Spoiler
    Show
    Windsoul: You gain resist 5 cold and the windwalker power. At 11th level, the resistance improves to 10 cold. At 21st level, the resistance improves to 15 cold.

(1st level): Your origin becomes elemental. For the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin, you are considered to be an elemental. Add Primordial to the languages you can read, write, and speak. You gain a +2 power bonus to Athletics checks and Perception checks. You also gain the wind fury assault power.
    (5th level): Whenever an effect enables you to fly, you can fly 1 additional square. Further, whenever you use your second wind, you can push each creature adjacent to you 1 square.
    (10th level): Whenever you hit with wind fury assault, you slide the target up to a number of squares equal to your highest ability modifier.

Elemental Power: You gain a bonus to the damage rolls of arcane powers equal to your Constitution modifier. This bonus increases to 2 + your Constitution modifier at 5th level, 5 + your Constitution modifier at 15th level, and 8 + your Constitution modifier at 25th level.
    Elemental Resilience: While you are not wearing heavy armor, you can use your Constitution modifier in place of your Dexterity or Intelligence modifier to determine your AC.
    Elemental Versatility: At 9th level and 19th level, you gain a sorcerer at-will attack power of your choice.

Enhanced Elemental Bolt: Your elemental bolt deals lightning damage. On a hit, its target gains vulnerable 3 to your elemental attacks until the end of your next turn.
    Elemental Soul: At 5th level, you gain resist 10 lightning. At 15th level, you gain a +2 bonus to saving throws against ongoing lightning damage. At 25th level, choose either cold or thunder. You gain resist 10 to the chosen damage type and a +2 bonus to saving throws against ongoing damage of that type.
    Fly: At 23rd level, you can fly up to half your speed as a move action.

Energy Essence (11th level): If you hit with an arcane attack power that deals more than one type of damage, you deal 1d6 extra damage.
    Essential Action (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you gain a +4 bonus to attack rolls with arcane powers until the start of your next turn.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2013-03-05 at 05:57 PM.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

Rimefang's Garden
    The machine does not outwardly react as the first bolt hits, but its chassis is clearly suffering damage again, and more severely than it did before it repaired the last time. Observation; bluster and banter does not improve one's aim, Lady Jalil, drones the machine in its monotone as the second, smaller bolt of lightning goes wide of the mark. The machine's exceedingly quick reflexes have it on the offensive again as it begins by unleashing another burst of thunderous energy; this primarily harms Amirah and Medinah, though Figment takes some collateral damage; the displacer beast scampers out of combat, tail 'twixt its legs. The machine then teleports next to Jalil, tulwar swinging and connecting. It finishes by deploying its arcane crossbows and firing a barrage of bolts which hit Medinah and Jalil.

The seismic activity in the cave increases incrementally, as if a bigger shockwave were approaching.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    20 thunder damage to Amirah and Medinah (34 vs. Fort+2 and 35 vs. Fort+2, respectively), and 8 to Figment from collateral.

31 damage (31 vs. AC+2) on Jalil from the melee attack,

Figment hit for 26 force damage (34 vs. Reflex) irrelevant, the collateral knocked him out of the fight already. Medinah 17 force damage (32 vs. Reflex+2) and Jalil 25 force damage (31 vs. Reflex).

It is now Medinah's turn.

Battle Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zoomed In Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zoomed Out Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Room Details
    The room is affected by Elemental Hoarfrost. All fire damage is reduced by 2, and all cold damage is increased by 2.

The blue zone was made by Alvah. Standing in it gives +2 to attack rolls for your party.

Ice is slippery. A DC18 Acrobatics check is required when one enters an icy square for the first time in a turn, whether willingly or otherwise. If failed, you fall prone. If you succeed, you stay stable. If you succeed by 5 or more, you can perform a "controlled slide" and slide yourself 1 square as a free action, even if you're in the middle of a move action.

Statues grant cover, but they don't occupy their entire square; you can generally see past them and they aren't obscuring enough to use for stealth. The exception is the dragons, which grant total cover, so you can hide behind them. Statues are theoretically destructible, but you suspect that this is part of Rimefang's lair, and you probably don't want to make her angry. Statues on ice terrain are made of ice and not stone.

The black line at the back is a cliff. You cannot gauge what is beyond it or how big the drop is from your current vantage.

Initiative Order
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord War: 26+

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A): 84/112 HP,
    Jalil (J): 31/101 HP, Bloodied
    Medinah (M): 35/105 HP, OG10 Fire (already taken this turn), Bloodied

Figment (F): 0/56 HP, Fled

Healing Surges:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah: 2/12
    Medinah: 4/13

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord War: Bloodied, Protective Hex (M), Cursed (M), Oath (K).

Known Information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Still immune to force movement. Lower defenses than before, no resistance.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

Medinah ignores the sorceress's comments for the moment, instead signalling to Amirah for a mental missive.

I know Figment must be getting exhausted, but could you please send him back again into the fight, next to our oh-so-noblewoman? For what I've planned I just need a brief distraction.

Spoiler
    Show

Delaying until after Amirah's turn.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

"Figment is tired, yes, but she likes you. And so do We."

Amirah moves forward, her shape becoming more defined, then blury again as Figment works her illusions around the warforged and those near it. Amirah tries once more to penetrate the mental defences of the machine with her magic. She has no friends to coordinate, but the mental confusion on its own should be of help.

Spoiler
    Show

Amirah (humanoid form)
    HP 84/112 Bloodied 56 Healing Surge 28 (11 used /12)
    AC 30 Fort 27 Reflex 26 Will 29 Speed 6

Figment
    HP 28/56 Bloodied 28 Healing Surge 14 (0 used /0)
    AC 30 Fort 26 Reflex 30 Will 30

Move: to M21

Free: Wild Shape to Humanoid, shift to L22

Minor: Summon Figment to K23 (-1 HS)
    Acrobatics - (1d20+12)[20]

Standard: Redfang Prophecy @ 01
    To Hit Will - (1d20+24)[31]
    Damage - (2d8+10)[13]

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

Reaching into a secure pocket of her armor, Medinah pulled out a small vial, the faintly glowing contents of which she quickly downed before glancing back knowingly at Kihtsah.

"For Rahman," is all she said before she headed off, circling around behind the statues and vigorously charging at EG-001's exposed rear flank.

"And for the Midnight Mirage!" she yelled as she violently swung her anima blade down in an arc across Lord War's back.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor action to drink her Potion of Vitality, spending a healing surge to gain 25 hit points and roll a saving throw against the ongoing damage: (1d20+2)[4]

Move action to move to O26.

Standard action to use Janissary Charge: she gains 10 temporary hit points and makes a charge attack. Charging to M25 and attacking with Eldritch Strike.

Con (weapon) vs. AC, +2 from Janissary Zeal, +2 from CA for flanking, +2 from Alvah's AoE power, +1 from charging and +1 from the Brawling Warrior feat (free action 1/encounter).

Attack: (1d20+30)[50]
    Hit: (1d8+14)[18] psychic damage + (2d6)[9] from Warlock's Curse + (2d6)[7] from Curse Strike, + Psychic Lock + Protective Hex (there is a slide 1 but it doesn't matter).

Saving throw in case Potion of Vitality fails: (1d20+2)[9]

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

Rimefang's Garden
    Medinah charges the Pirate Lord of War, her anima blade held high. She strikes the mecha from its right shoulder to its left him, and as the strike is completed, the room is still for a moment. No banter, no creak of warforged joints or human panting to break the silence; even the tremors appear to have paused. Slowly, painfully, the upper left part of EG-001's chassis slides down the angle of the cut, which is right through the Warforged's tattoo. The top half clatters to the floor, then the knees buckle and collapse as well.

The Hunters breathe a momentary sigh of relief, as the battle seems to be done. But EG-001's metallic voice ringing through the room disabuses them of the notion that this is over. Statement; this unit is a creation of pure arcane energy. Damage to its physical form is irrelevant to proper functionality, comes the voice, seemingly emanating from everywhere in the room at once. The two halves of the Warforged at Medinah and Jalil's feet vanish, reappearing by the cliff at the other side of the chamber. The protective bubble appears around it, as magic once again begins to knit the being of steel and wood back together.

Just as the warforged begins to repair itself, however, the tremors come to a sudden head as the entire room shakes. Erupting from the ground beneath the repairing Lord of War is a gigantic purple column of chitin. The beast grabs the machine in its jaws and crunches down, the metal and wood sizzling in the acidic saliva of what looks like a humongous worm. Seemingly dissatisfied with the taste, the creature spits the parts back out over the cliff, where they plummet an unknown distance. The beast then turns its maw towards the party, stone sizzling as acidic drool drips from its mouth. It roars in challenge, seemingly sensing them despite its lack of eyes.

The Hunters are not sure whether things have gotten better, or worse.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scene change! Those with surges may spend one now if desired, you may each regain an encounter power, shift 1 square and Figment gets 50% of her HP back for free. Map updates not quite ready yet, thought I would put up the fluff post first and update maps later.

Battle Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zoomed In Map:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]Not This Round[/IMG]

Zoomed Out Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Room Details

Initiative Order
    Spoiler
    Show
    Purple Worm: 24

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jalil (J): 58/101 HP, Insubstantial
    Medinah (M): 50/105 HP, 10 THP, OG10 Fire, Bloodied

Figment (F): 56/56 HP, Fled

Healing Surges:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah: 1/12
    Medinah: 3/13

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Purple Worm: No Status Effects

Known Information - New Content!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dungeoneering 19/Nature 24
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a purple worm. It is a distant cousin of the sand worms one can find out on the dunes, and is one of the largest bugs in the world. This one is an adult; it can tunnel through solid stone and has acidic saliva that can melt metal. It is almost certainly the creature responsible for the extensive remodeling of the tunnels. It is stupid and blind, but it can sense those in contact with the ground out to a considerable range, and can smell fear and defiance in its prey at closer range.

It has burrow (tunneling), blindsight and tremor sense, and the blind subtype. It is immune to illusion powers and gaze attacks.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2013-03-06 at 12:32 AM.
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #912
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

"Oooooh" comes Amirah's thought. "A purple worm. I have seen it before, but never this big. A baby was once part of the Swarm. But it didn't stay. He was too headstrong and stupid to be a member of the Swarm."

There is a pause, as the Swarm reshapes itself, bringing memories back to the surface. "He is blind, so illusions won't work, but will feel us if we walk on the ground. It also can smell us, if we are close to him. The mouth-water!saliva is dangerous: he uses it to make the tunnels."

Then, turning to Medinah, but sending the thought to everyone, "But it is so pretty. Do we have to kill it? Figment and We!Swarm are tired."

13. - Top - End - #913
    Troll in the Playground

Kihtsah Darimil, Dervish Adimas

Kihtsah wouldn't have been deterred from attacking the pirate lord, but this new enemy is another matter entirely. He takes cover behind a status before mentally conversing with his allies. "I am as well, Amirah, and I agree. Avoidance seems like our best bet, the tunnel to our left looks too small to hold it, I suggest we exercise some discretion and use it."

Move: To Q16
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2013-03-06 at 10:06 PM.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Titan in the Playground

Rimefang's Garden
    The beast plunges into the ground and then comes up again near Rahman, its massive jaws plunging down towards the kobold. The beast's mouth closes around the kobold as it takes a bite out of the floor along with him. Spitting crushed stone onto the floor, it roars at the other Hunters in challenge.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord War was happy to ignore a catatonic alchemist. The purple worm smells food. Rahman takes 44 damage from a Coup-De-Grace Swallow Whole attack, and has been eaten by the worm. I have now rolled initiative for Rahman, who can't afford to wallow in pain any longer .

It is Alvah's turn.

Battle Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zoomed In Map:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]Not Needed This Round[/IMG]

Zoomed Out Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Room Details

Initiative Order
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rahman: 25

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Medinah (M): 50/105 HP, 10 THP, OG10 Fire, Bloodied
    Rahman (R): 66/113 HP, Swallowed, missing limb

Figment (F): 56/56 HP

Healing Surges:
    Spoiler
    Show

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Purple Worm: No Status Effects

Known Information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a purple worm. It is a distant cousin of the sand worms one can find out on the dunes, and is one of the largest bugs in the world. This one is an adult; it can tunnel through solid stone and has acidic saliva that can melt metal. It is almost certainly the creature responsible for the extensive remodeling of the tunnels. It is stupid and blind, but it can sense those in contact with the ground out to a considerable range, and can smell fear and defiance in its prey at closer range.

It has burrow (tunneling), blindsight and tremor sense, and the blind subtype. It is immune to illusion powers and gaze attacks.
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    As the Lord of war is eaten up by the worm, Alvah smile. Noding to his friends assesment of the situation the bard say,
    "Yeah, we are pretty much battered, let's flee guys. I'll go pick up Rahman."
    The bard take one step toward his fallen friend, but the worm is faster than expected and plunge at Rahman. Alvah can only stare as his new friend is eaten up.
    "Rahman!!"
    His mind working furiously, the bard rush forward and sing some old song about the desert cold nights. Air start to freeze around the purple worm.

"We can't leave Rahman behind eaten by some fat worms. Do you guys think we can take him? Fight or not?"

Alvah then heal Medinah, repositioning her a little and teleporting himself behind the statue, closer to the side exit.

Spoiler
    Show
    I regained the use of one Majestic word in the scene change.

Move : Move to O20
    Standard : Tune of ice and winds(Cold), area Burst 1 within 10 centered in G19.
    Attack on P : (1D20+19)[37] VS WILL
    Hit : (2D6+10)[17] cold damages and is slowed (SAve ends) (I forgot the battle map cold bonus... so I deal 19 Cold damage instead)
    Miss : Half Damage and target is slowed UENT (Alvah)

Minor : Majestic word on medinah, she spent an HS to regain her surge value +(2D6+6)[14] HP, gain 6 THP and is teleported 1. The teleport depends on what Medinah reply to my question about fighting it or not. If she say we fight, teleport to L24, if she say we flee, I teleport her to N25.

Free : I teleport 2 to N17 since I telelported an ally. (Trigger cloak +2 AC and reflkex bonus UENT)

Alvah's Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP :...78/102...TEMP HP :...6
    Powers :
    Staggering Note
    War Song Strike

Action point (0/2)
    Second Wind
    Majestic Word (1/2)
    Healing Rain
    Word of Friendship
    Vezzuvu's Eruption
    Shout of Thriumph
    Drums of the wild hunt
    Rolling Echo
    Earthquake Stike
    Moment of Escape
    Chrod of Resilience
    Illusory Ereasure

Tune of Ice and Wind
    Thunder Blade
    Menacing Thunder
    Doom Echo

Items powers:
    Eladrin Ring of passage

Helm of Teleportation

Consumables :

Effects from Alvah :
    P is Slowed (Save ends)

Effects on Alvah :

Items Carried/Owned :

Spoiler
    Show
    Ritual Book
    Backpack
    Bedroll
    Flint and steel
    Beltpouch
    Sunrod (2)
    Rations (10 days)
    50' hempen rope
    Waterskin
    Dagger

Wealth :
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 pp
    40 gp

Last edited by Dekkah; 2013-03-09 at 12:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #916

Jalil

"Kitsah! Rahman will be dead forever if we simply run." Jalil says as the mists rise up around her to lift her up. They swirl faster until she becomes lost behind a miniature tornado of wind and fog and a tendril of super accelerated air lashes out at the giant worm. "It came up from the ground. Do you think it can't eat through the tunnel walls?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Essence Form
    Standard: Essence of Arcane Blood
    Free: Lightning Daggers
    Move: Move to Q25

Essence Form: Insubstantial until EONT. If you hit with an arcane power while you are insubstantial, you gain 13 temporary hit points.

Essence of Arcane Blood
    Attack (1d20+20)[35]
    Damage (3d8+27)[48] lightning and thunder damage, (1d6)[4] lightning and thunder damage. Gain Combat Advantage against all targets of your Arcane attacks until EONT.

Lightning Daggers (+2 attack bonus from Combat Advantage if Essence of Arcane Blood hit)
    Attack (1d20+20)[36] vs Reflex
    Damage (2d4+21)[28] lightning damage

Spoiler
    Show

Other Important Notes:
    Insubstantial until EONT
    +3 All Defenses vs attacks with the acid, fire, cold, thunder, or lightning keywords.
    Temp HP: (13 if her attacks hit)
    Resist Cold 13
    Resist Lightning 10

Statblock
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP 83/101 Bloodied 50 Surge Value 25 Surges 7/10
    Temp HP (13 if her attacks hit)

Initiative +7
    Passive Insight 17
    Passive Perception 19

Elemental Escalation ([X][X][ ][ ]), Essence of Arcane Blood, Wind Fury Assault, Essence Form, Windwalker, Sorcerous Sirocco, Wind Rider, Fog Form

Spoiler
    Show
    Windsoul: You gain resist 5 cold and the windwalker power. At 11th level, the resistance improves to 10 cold. At 21st level, the resistance improves to 15 cold.

(1st level): Your origin becomes elemental. For the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin, you are considered to be an elemental. Add Primordial to the languages you can read, write, and speak. You gain a +2 power bonus to Athletics checks and Perception checks. You also gain the wind fury assault power.
    (5th level): Whenever an effect enables you to fly, you can fly 1 additional square. Further, whenever you use your second wind, you can push each creature adjacent to you 1 square.
    (10th level): Whenever you hit with wind fury assault, you slide the target up to a number of squares equal to your highest ability modifier.

Elemental Power: You gain a bonus to the damage rolls of arcane powers equal to your Constitution modifier. This bonus increases to 2 + your Constitution modifier at 5th level, 5 + your Constitution modifier at 15th level, and 8 + your Constitution modifier at 25th level.
    Elemental Resilience: While you are not wearing heavy armor, you can use your Constitution modifier in place of your Dexterity or Intelligence modifier to determine your AC.
    Elemental Versatility: At 9th level and 19th level, you gain a sorcerer at-will attack power of your choice.

Enhanced Elemental Bolt: Your elemental bolt deals lightning damage. On a hit, its target gains vulnerable 3 to your elemental attacks until the end of your next turn.
    Elemental Soul: At 5th level, you gain resist 10 lightning. At 15th level, you gain a +2 bonus to saving throws against ongoing lightning damage. At 25th level, choose either cold or thunder. You gain resist 10 to the chosen damage type and a +2 bonus to saving throws against ongoing damage of that type.

Energy Essence (11th level): If you hit with an arcane attack power that deals more than one type of damage, you deal 1d6 extra damage.
    Essential Action (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you gain a +4 bonus to attack rolls with arcane powers until the start of your next turn.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2013-03-14 at 08:30 PM.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

Medinah had to catch herself from dropping her sword in shock when the purple worm devoured her helpless friend. Any thought of waiting the monster out was out of the question now.

"Of course we fight! We won't leave anyone behind ever again!" she yells, teleporting ahead and readying her blade for battle.

Spoiler
    Show

Not her turn yet, but yes Medinah accepts the teleport to L24. No shifting, and she doesn't need to spend a surge, but she will regain Janissary Zeal.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

"Bad worm! Spit out Rahman right now!" comes Amirah's thoughts, carefully crafted into a mental attack. "Figment, with Us," she adds, in more normal tones, as she retreats beyond the reach of the creature. "Medinah!Best Friend, don't get too close, please. We don't want you swallowed as well"

Spoiler
    Show

Recover the Redfang Prophecy power, and use it again immediately.

Standard: Redfang Prophecy @ Purple worm
    To Hit Will - (1d20+22)[37]
    Damage - (2d8+10)[19]

Move: Figment to N25
    Amirah to O23

Free: Wild Shape to Swarm Form, shift to O24, +1AC +1Rf, +10 THP

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

Medina

"Oh I don't think it'll find me too tasty, Amirah. It did spit out Lord War, and he was even cut up into bite-size bits," Medinah replied, grinning back at her friend before returning back to the business at hand. "I am saucier though."

With that she curses and rebukes the worm, firing a hellish blast of energy at its head before vanishing in a cloud of brimstone only to reappear right in front of the beast, daring it to attack her.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor action to curse P.

Standard action to attack P with Hellish Rebuke (mwa haha)
    Con (implement) vs. Reflex, +2 from Alvah's AoE
    (1d20+21)[22]
    Hit: (1d6+10)[16] psychic damage and (2d6)[6] from Warlock's Curse + Psychic Lock + Protective Hex, and I take damage this turn the target takes an additional (1d6+10)[16] damage.

Move action to use Avernian Challenge to teleport to I20, and P is marked UEMNT.

Saving throw: (1d20+2)[7]

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Medinah View Post
    "Oh I don't think it'll find me too tasty, Amirah. It did spit out Lord War, and he was even cut up into bite-size bits," Medinah replied, grinning back at her friend before returning back to the business at hand. "I am saucier though."
    Amirah, Living Swarm

"I trust you, Medinah!Best Friend. Still, be careful, please. We!Swarm are starting to like the New Medinah"

Spoiler
    Show
    My condolences about the poor hit roll. Consider teleporting away from the beast, rather than towards it, given that you missed?
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2013-03-10 at 10:01 AM.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Troll in the Playground

Kihtsah Darimil, Dervish Adimas

As the worm moves to consume Rahman, Kihtsah changes tacks. "I take that back, this worm seeks to met it's maker if it thinks it can feast on the crew of the Midnight Mirage."

Move: To K18
    Minor: OoE on Worm
    Standard: Charge to I20
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacks vs AC:
    (1d20+19)[33]
    (1d20+19)[37]
    Damage:(1d7+11)[17]
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

Rimefang's Garden
    Kihtsah lands a solid strike on the beast, his amulet glowing to enhance the strike. However, the purple worm reactively lashes out, dusting a statue nearby and tossing the half-kobold back through the maze of statues, landing with a solid thud against one of those made from ice and slipping to the cold layer of frost on the floor around it.

It then proceed to charge Alvah, practically ripping the bard's arm off with a savage bite. It turns its ire on the swarm immediately after as Alvah lets out a cry of pain and instinctively reaches for the wound. It lunges its gnashing jaw into the swarm of insects with relish, but Amirah is too quick, and maneuvers the insects of the swarm out of the path of the hungry creature.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Its immediate reaction deals Kihtsah 28 damage (29 vs Reflex) and pushes him 6 squares, knocking him prone on top of it. The attack on Alvah critically hits for 41 damage. Amirah is missed (27 vs. AC).

It is Alvah's turn.

Battle Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zoomed In Map (NEW):
    Spoiler
    Show

Zoomed Out Map (OLD):
    Spoiler
    Show

Room Details

Initiative Order
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rahman: 25

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alvah (N): 37/102 HP, Bloodied
    Medinah (M): 91/105 HP, 6 THP, OG10 Fire
    Rahman (R): 66/113 HP, Swallowed, missing limb
    Kihtsah (K): 5/111 HP, Bloodied, Prone

Healing Surges:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rahman: 10/18

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Purple Worm: Injured, Oath (Kihtsah) Cursed (Medinah) Slowed (Alvah).

Known Information - New Info This Round!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

It has an immediate reaction attack with two targets
    It has multiple minor action attacks including fling, regurgitate and sting.
    It can swallow whole or bite as a standard action.
    All its powers have Reach 3.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2013-03-14 at 02:49 PM.
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

The severly wounded bard curse. Seeing Kitsah laying on the ground almost dead, he tells him,
    "I am not sure if this invisibility will work on that kind of creature, but stay away and shoot it fi you can."
    As he drop his magic on the avenger, Kihtsah vanish from sight and get teleported out of the ice. At the same time, Alvah teleport 5 feets to get a clear line and let an a loud warcry filled with arcane energy. NOt waiting to see if the monster is really injured, the bard sprint back far away as he is also quite in bad shape.

Spoiler
    Show
    Took 41 damages ouch!... - 6 THP = 35 HP lost...

Minor : Illusory erasure on Kitsah, turning in Invisible UENT (Alvah) and teleporting him 2 to L12
    Free Teleport Myself 2 to M17

Standard : Rolling Echo (Close burst 3) on P, (1D20+19)[24] VS FORT
    Hit : (2D6+12)[20] thunder damages and push target 1 to H20/J22 and he will take this attack again at the start of my turn.

Move : Move to Q15

Alvah's Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP :...43/102...TEMP HP :...0
    Powers :
    Staggering Note
    War Song Strike

Action point (0/2)
    Second Wind
    Majestic Word (1/2)
    Healing Rain
    Word of Friendship
    Vezzuvu's Eruption
    Shout of Thriumph
    Drums of the wild hunt
    Rolling Echo
    Earthquake Stike
    Moment of Escape
    Chrod of Resilience
    Illusory Ereasure

Tune of Ice and Wind
    Thunder Blade
    Menacing Thunder
    Doom Echo

Items powers:
    Eladrin Ring of passage

Helm of Teleportation

Consumables :

Effects from Alvah :
    Rolling echo attack on P SNT (Alvah)

Effects on Alvah :
    Bloodied

Items Carried/Owned :

Spoiler
    Show
    Ritual Book
    Backpack
    Bedroll
    Flint and steel
    Beltpouch
    Sunrod (2)
    Rations (10 days)
    50' hempen rope
    Waterskin
    Dagger

Wealth :
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 pp
    40 gp

24. - Top - End - #924

Jalil

"Mindless creature." Jalil says as she floats away from the statues, bolts of lightning striking out from the mist that surrounds her. As it fades she stands with her sparking dagger pointing at the worm, her long hair blown free of her hood and swirling around her. "Your usefulness has outlived its purpose."

Spoiler
    Show
    Free: Lightning Daggers
    Standard: Elemental Bolt + Elemental Escalation
    Free: Fly to Q22

Lighting Daggers
    Attack vs Reflex (1d20+22)[36]
    Damage (2d4+21)[24] lightning damage

Elemental Bolt + Elemental Escalation
    Attack vs Reflex (1d20+22)[39]
    Damage (1d12+27)[29] lightning and thunder damage, (1d10)[8] lightning and thunder damage, (1d6)[2] lightning and thunder damage. Vulnerable 3 to my Elemental keyword powers until EONT.

White Lotus Riposte Master.
    If Elemental Bolt hits and the worm attacks her on its turn, the worm takes 6 lightning and thunder damage and Jalil will repeat Elemental Bolt as an Immediate Reaction.

Other Important Notes:
    Temp HP: 13
    Resist Cold 13
    Resist Lightning 10

Statblock
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP 83/101 Bloodied 50 Surge Value 25 Surges 7/10
    Temp HP 13

Initiative +7
    Passive Insight 17
    Passive Perception 19

Elemental Escalation ([X][X][X][ ]), Essence of Arcane Blood, Wind Fury Assault, Essence Form, Windwalker, Sorcerous Sirocco, Wind Rider, Fog Form

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Chambers; 2013-03-14 at 08:31 PM.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

"Figment, stay away from it" calls out Amirah, as she moves forward and takes shape. Her spell calls forward a mighty wind, attempting to push the beast back. Then, swarm and Figment rush for cover beyond the statues to the east.

Spoiler
    Show

Amirah's HP should be 84 + 10 THP (from shifting to swarm form)

Free: Wild shape to humanoid, shift to O23, +1AC, +1Rf

Standard: Tidal Surge (close blast 5)
    To Hit Fort - (1d20+22)[29]
    Damage - (2d6+10)[17]
    If hit, slide it to G20-I22

Move: Amirah to O26
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2013-03-15 at 07:56 AM.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

Medinah curses--herself this time, for missing of course--and refocuses her aim, attacking the creature with another rebuking blast of psychic energy before vanishing (for real this time) in a cloud of brimstone. Reappearing behind the beast, she extends her magical warding outward to envelop the purple worm in a direct challenge to it.

"Fight me, damn you!"

Spoiler
    Show

Standard action to attack P with Hellish Rebuke
    Con (implement) vs. Reflex, +2 from Alvah's AoE
    (1d20+21)[40]]
    Hit: (1d6+10)[13] psychic damage and (2d6)[9] from Warlock's Curse + Psychic Lock + Protective Hex, and if I take damage this turn the target takes an additional (1d6+10)[13] damage.

Move action to use Avernian Challenge to teleport to I-21, and P is marked UEMNT.

Minor action to use Swordmage Aegis to mark P with her Aegis of Assault. This will override the mark from Avernian Challenge.

Saving throw: (1d20+2)[11]

27. - Top - End - #927
    Titan in the Playground

Rimefang's Garden
    The purple worm screams with rage as the Hunters pile yet more magical harassment onto its chitinous hide. Deciding that this meal is altogether not worth it, it violently spits up Rahman and then descends into the ground head first, leaving a small tunnel in its wake.

As the quaking from the departing worm recedes, calm once again returns to the tranquil yet macabre statuary garden.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The encounter is over! Hurray! You all get enough XP to reach the next level, so start leveling up your characters if you have not already. I will put the exact amount in the OOC thread later. You also get an action point each. Level-ups will not apply until you have had a (well deserved) extended rest.

What do you do?

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alvah (N): 37/102 HP, Bloodied
    Medinah (M): 87/105 HP,
    Rahman (R): 113/113 HP, Bloodied, missing hand
    Kihtsah (K): 5/111 HP, Bloodied, Prone

Healing Surges:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rahman: 7/18
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #928
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

Amirah floats over to the whole of the departed worm. "We're sorry, worm. Please be well." She ignores the metal sword and bleeding males. Instead, she looks uncertainly at Medinah. "What happened? Why did Medinah!Old change to Medinah!New?"

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

As the monster leave, Alvah stay alert for others imminent threats . After a few second, the bard agressive demeanor leave place to his usual calm one and he lean against the wall trying to take back some of his breath, but then remember Rahman. He rush toward the injured man droping his magic over him on the way to at least try to protect him from death if it isnt too late. Once beside , he knell and inspect the man wounds.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll use my last Majestic wrod on him (if he is dying but still alive, that would at least stop him from dieing.

Once beside him, I'll use an heal check to see what I can do.

Heal check :(1D20+11)[16]

30. - Top - End - #930
    Titan in the Playground

Romefang's Garden
    Rahman's hand wound is still bleeding, but despite his time in the worm's stomach, he actually did a very good job of patching himself up. He seems weakened, but he's mostly conscious. He smiles as Alvah approaches him. I'll live, Mr. Nasab, he says. Not the first time a pirate's chopped off my hand, but I think it'll be the last. If you could help me patch it up, I'd be obliged, he adds, with a pained grin. It's a good thing I have practice using my tail to mix potions, or I'd be completely useless to the crew... he finishes, as his eyes flutter and he passes out from the pain.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rahman has used a whole boatload of surges, but he's not at risk of dying.
    My Homebrew