New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1227282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1145
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Hourglass of Zihaja D&D 4e] Heroes on a Sea of Swords IC

Medinah

After a pause, apparently to size up the diminutive psion, Medinah smiled but shook her head.

"Brain melting does make some delightful sounds, but I'm afraid I don't do that sort of thing anymore. Soul melting, now that's where it's at – or a nice clean split down the middle, that usually works wonders," she intoned with as much amusement as she was physically capable of.
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2013-09-24 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Edited because I'm an idiot and almost gave her game away
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Troll in the Playground

Kihtsah Darimil, Dervish of Adimas

Kihtsah chuckles at the kobold's exuberance. "You all can keep your mind and soul melting, I must agree with your pointy friend there," He rests his hands on the blades at his side. "Snakes or pirates, they're nothing a few feet of good steel can't handle."
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Amirah, Living Swarm

"Well met, Korack. We!swarm are known as Amirah," says Amirah, with a sinuous bow, her thoughts creating images of swarms in Korack's mind. Then, in a private thought for Korack alone, she adds, "We are pleased to meet another that contains plural thoughts. May We ask the name of the shaggy bear? Or do you, like Us, share the name?"
    "There were no whispers of one such as you..." His thoughts flow aimlessly for a moment before he refocuses them. "The name Korack was mine alone given to me at birth. But for now it is what we share. It is not our true name, for a true name gives power over spirits and men alike. Perhaps in time you shall learn it too. He thinks back to Amirah, hoping she can hear his thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scylfing View Post
    Medinah

Medinah smirked in amusement at red-beard's comment, thinking what a surprise he's in for if he thinks her hair color is unique. She nodded along with most of the others regarding the 'zhong as much of it comported with her experiences, but rolled her eyes at the lion-man's obtuseness.

"Is it a skill common to mortals of every species to never need to set aside their own biases?" she muttered. "Good observation though regarding their priests; we faced one of them fairly recently and while I still melted its brain it was not a pleasant acquaintance, particularly with their venom flowing. Without a healer our crew may have to rely too much on alchemy," she concluded pensively.
    "The spirits speak only in hushed tones about the snake-mens' priests. But the one insight they do share is one about their cautious nature. It would do well for us to expect some type of defenses. For it is a cornered and desperate snake that will strike the hardest." Korack interjects once more.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daravon_35 View Post
    "There were no whispers of one such as you..." His thoughts flow aimlessly for a moment before he refocuses them.
    Amirah, Living Swarm

Amirah's first answer reaches Korack before the second thought forms "The spirits would not know about Us, no. The member might die, but the swarm lives forever. There would be no spirit of the Swarm that could cross over. Because of this, We are very interested in the spirit world - We do not understand it, and the explanations of Religion!human make no sense to Us."

Quote Originally Posted by Daravon_35 View Post
    "The name Korack was mine alone given to me at birth. But for now it is what we share. It is not our true name, for a true name gives power over spirits and men alike. Perhaps in time you shall learn it too. He thinks back to Amirah, hoping she can hear his thoughts.
    "We!Swarm understand that names are hard. We have many names, and none." There is a pause in the thought flow, and some movement under Amirah's robes. "We are happy to meet You!plural, Korack!man-bear."

Then, as if breaking from a trance, Amirah shifts around a little bit, gravitating towards Medinah's side, and listens intently to the various methods suggested to fight the lizard men. Amirah suggests none, finding all these methods over-thought. A hunter needs not anything but prowess to hunt. Metal, magic, claws... it is all the same, in the end.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2013-09-24 at 09:22 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Titan in the Playground

The Gift of the Matriarch, Qius Sea, Utared the 9th of Atumeq, AF360
    The Hunters of the three crews have a little longer to socialize, and the three captains then emerge from their meeting.

The merchant prince speaks first. "It has been determined that given the sorceries available to us, the best strategy is a decisive strike at the heart of the fleet to attack key targets. We have identified the high priest, the spymaster and a powerful general of the fleet as prime targets. Each crew will be enchanted with a ritual that allows them to breathe underwater. They will attack the ships we identify, kill their targets, and retreat back into the ocean. All three vessels will be kept out of the ballista range of she fleet, but close enough that you will be able to swim back before the enchantment expires."

The grizzled captain of Wake Whisper picks up where he left off.
    "This is gunna kick the hornet's nest. When you attack your targets, the crews of all the nearby she ships are going to raise the alarm and descend upon you. Needless to say, this is going to be a battle of attrition; if you can't kill your target without losing crew, retreat. To that end, Wake Whisper will be donating one of our medics to the Midnight Mirage, because for some reason Captain al-Farid thought it prudent to leave her medic behind on shore," he says, somewhat grumpily. "Korack, you and the bear are with them. Keep em' alive, eh? This job's no fun if all the competition dies."

Rolling her eyes slightly at the other captain's recriminations, Shaur ends the briefing. "We will coordinate the necessary magics back on the Midnight Mirage. Captain Alaqila has kindly offered the contents of his apothecary for the raw materials for the magics." At this, the prince bows gracefully. "My crew will go after Hasnarash, the high priest within the fleet. The Salamander, the sorcerer general, will be dealt with by Prince Alaqila's crew. The Spymaster's report will be interrupted by War Whisper's crew. Prepare yourselves as you see fit. We will reconvene in the morning."

The Midnight Mirage, Qius Sea, Nahid the 10th of Atumeq, AF360
    The spellcasters among the crews coordinate on the casting of the various rituals. "Hard-Ass" seems particularly put out about being enchanted by infidels, but obviously his captain read him the riot act, because he isn't voicing such objections. Once they are done with the magics, the ships are in position, and the she fleet is in sight. It is certainly an imposing sight; no one present has ever seen so many ships gathered in one place.

As the three crews of Hunters prepare for their dive, Mattijra the psionicist uses her telepathy to hand a stone to Haggar and Amirah. These stones can communicate with me and each other through magic. Use them to relay information between crews as necessary. I have been following the whispers of the she minds - slippery things, but not slippery enough. I believe I know the three target ships, but it is possible that I'm off by a few. It's the best I could do, given the circumstances. I will identify them for you as best I can.

With that, the three crews are ready for their mission, and Korack joins the Hunters he will be fighting along side for the first time. Almost a score of Hunters dive into the ocean... and just like that, the opening salvo of the war is launched.

... to be continued...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Cutscene - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Royal Palace, New Asanam, Mushtari the 6th of Atumeq, AF360
    A man sits upon the throne, blanketed in shadow, his features indistinct. At his right hand, in a less ostentatious seat, sits the red-haired temptress who serve as his queen, Vertasi, Lord of Liars.

Before them, a warforged kneels in abject deference, its head held low. It does not show any hints of damage, which is quite a wonder, given all that it has been through of late. It bears no weapon.

"Self-Deprecation: This Unit apologizes for its failure to terminate the Hunters of the Midnight Mirage, and for the loss of its entire crew of mortals. This Unit is prepared for any punishment that may result," drones EG-001 in its irksome monotone.

Vertasi leans forward, sneering. "I thought you were meant to be unstoppable, mecha. How exactly did the Hunters evade your judgment?"

"Explanation: Intervention of local fauna unanticipated. Purple worm intervened in the deliverance of judgment. Elder silver dragon intervened in follow-up pursuit. Speculation: The Hunters brokered a deal with the dragon. It seemed particularly bent on the destruction of the Drums of War."

Vertasi scoffs. "They sicked a dragon on you? Typical. Perhaps I should sick a..." she begins, but a hand on her shoulder from the man at her left stops her mid sentence.

"Forget the crew of Captain al-Farid, my love. For now, it is enough that she blames herself for Luardo's fall. Let her squirm, let her fight the sultans and the merchant princes' war for them. Perhaps she'll lose a few Hunters along the way. Patience, darling."

Vertasi purrs, but seems disappointed. "As you wish, my love." She turns her focus back to EG-001.

"On your way out, send the other one in, scrap heap," she says dismissively to her Lord of War.

At this the warforged looks up at her. "Confusion: The soulforged, Queen? It cannot be trusted. Such constructs are a clear violation of..."

She raises her hand. "That is not your decision to make. Send us Naftali when you depart."

The warforged blinks once. "As you wish, Queen." The mecha stands and bows, and then leaves the room.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2013-11-01 at 10:33 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Titan in the Playground

Hasnarash's Vessel
    Medinah and Kihtsah fire bolts with lines following behind them into the twin masts of the ship. With a tug to make sure it is secure, Medinah hands her link to Korack as a she-da-zhong warrior approaches the edge of the ship to look down into the water. Medinah teleports up next to the confused she-da-zhong as Korack and Kihtsah begin their ascent; Jalil and the swarm soar up into the air beside the ship, ready for combat.

* Initial Enemy Phase Coming Soon*

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Coming Soon!

Battle Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Top Deck Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Map Details
    The fore- and aft-decks are five feet higher than the main deck. Neither mast has a crow's nest. The stairs are pretty self-explanatory, but it is notable that the down-stairs are concealed by magical darkness. Darkvision is the only way to see how there; illumination does not appear to work. This is also in effect throughout the lower deck, as evidence by the lack of light leaking down through the meshwork in the middle of the main deck.

In a square adjacent to a square manifesting this enchantment (anywhere next to K/L/J 12/13 or J16 or L9) you can spend a standard action to roll Arcana to determine how this darkness spell works in more detail.

Initiative Order
    Spoiler
    Show
    She-Da-Zhong S7: 31
    She-Da-Zhong A3: 30
    Amirah: 28
    She-Da-Zhong D9: 25+
    Korack: 25-
    Medinah: 18
    She-Da-Zhong P6: 16+
    Jalil: 16-
    She-Da-Zhong D4: 14

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A): 117/117 HP, 10 THP, Insubstantial
    Jalil (J): 106/106 HP,
    Medinah (M): 110/110 HP,
    Korack (O): 107/107 HP,
    Kihtsah (K): 117/117 HP,

Healing Surges:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah: 12/12
    Jalil: 10/10
    Medinah: 13/13
    Korack: 12/12
    Kihtsah: 8/8

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She-Da-Zhong S7:
    She-Da-Zhong A3:
    She-Da-Zhong D9:
    She-Da-Zhong D4:
    She-Da-Zhong P6:

Known Information - New Info This Round!
    Spoiler
    Show
    The "D" She-Da-Zhong wield a morningstar and shield, and are covered in tattoos, mostly featuring the lidless eye prominently featured on the back of the vessel. Their armour is made partially out of jade.

The "S" she-da-zhong has reddish scales and a bow and arrow.

The "A" she-da-zhong has violet scales and wears dark garments. It has a hand crossbow and a longknife.

The "P" she-da-zhong has a jade staff and a lidless eye + coiled serpent holy symbol around its neck.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2013-11-09 at 05:17 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

Hasnarash's Vessel
    The snakemen hiss angrily as Medinah, Amirah and Jalil appear and confront them. The purple-scaled one hisses some commands in their slithering tongue, and some of the she-da-zhong react faster than anticipated.

Hidden in part by some distortion magic, the archer on the bowcastle immediately fires off an arrow at Medinah. The warforged tilts her body back ever-so-slightly, and the arrow just barely misses the mark.

The purple-scaled one moves to the port side of the vessel, and fires a bolt from its hand crossbow at Jalil, ignoring the fact that Medinah is in the way. The bolt hits its mark, and Jalil almost instantly feels nauseous as a result. The other Hunters weren't kidding when they said the she-da-zhong liked their poisons.

The tattos on the two swordsmen come to life somewhat, writhing and blinking, and a miasma of unease spreads from them, tinged with unholy fervour. Everyone nearby feels ill, but the she-da-zhong seem to be invigorated by the effect.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    S7 has concealment from anything 3+ squares away (+2 to defenses vs. targeted abilities). Medinah is missed (32 vs. 33 AC). Jalil is hit (31 vs. 26 AC after cover) and takes 13 poison damage, plus ongoing 10 poison damage (save ends).

Each of D4 and D9 begin emitting an aura out to two squares. Enemies that start their turn in the aura take 10 poison damage. She-da-zhong that start their turn in the aura heal 10 damage. To minimize clutter, these auras will not be included on the map unless you guys think it's needed.

Amirah's up, then Kihtsah. Amirah takes 10 poison damage.

Battle Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Top Deck Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Map Details
    The fore- and aft-decks are five feet higher than the main deck. Neither mast has a crow's nest. The stairs are pretty self-explanatory, but it is notable that the down-stairs are concealed by magical darkness. Darkvision is the only way to see how there; illumination does not appear to work. This is also in effect throughout the lower deck, as evidence by the lack of light leaking down through the meshwork in the middle of the main deck.

In a square adjacent to a square manifesting this enchantment (anywhere next to K/L/J 12/13 or J16 or L9) you can spend a standard action to roll Arcana to determine how this darkness spell works in more detail.

Initiative Order
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kihtsah: 26

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A): 117/117 HP, Insubstantial
    Jalil (J): 100/106 HP, Insubstantial, OG10 PSN
    Medinah (M): 110/110 HP,
    Korack (O): 107/107 HP, Climbing
    Kihtsah (K): 117/117 HP, Climbing

Healing Surges:
    Spoiler
    Show

Defenses:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah: 29 AC 30 FORT 27 REF 31 WILL
    Jalil: 26 AC 27 FORT 26 REF 31 WILL
    Medinah: 33 AC 30 FORT 29 REF 26 WILL
    Korack: 29 AC 30 FORT 27 REF 31 WILL
    Kihtsah: 33 AC 24 FORT 27 REF 27 WILL

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She-Da-Zhong S7:
    She-Da-Zhong A3:
    She-Da-Zhong D9: Marked (M)
    She-Da-Zhong D4:
    She-Da-Zhong P6:

Defenses:
    Spoiler
    Show
    S7: ?? AC ?? FORT ?? REF ?? WILL
    A3: ?? AC ?? FORT ?? REF ?? WILL
    D9: ?? AC ?? FORT ?? REF ?? WILL
    D4: ?? AC ?? FORT ?? REF ?? WILL
    P6: ?? AC ?? FORT ?? REF ?? WILL

Known Information
    Spoiler
    Show
    The "D" She-Da-Zhong wield a morningstar and shield, and are covered in tattoos, mostly featuring the lidless eye prominently featured on the back of the vessel. Their armour is made partially out of jade.

The "A" she-da-zhong has violet scales and wears dark garments. It has a hand crossbow and a longknife.

The "P" she-da-zhong has a jade staff and a lidless eye + coiled serpent holy symbol around its neck.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2013-11-09 at 06:04 PM.
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

Amirah's loose flying formation swoops into the air above the battle, and spirals down next to the archer in the port, calling up magics even as the archer attempts to stop her. A wolf appears behind the confused archer, barreling down on him.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Amirah
    HP 117+5/117 Bloodied 58 Healing Surge 29 (0 used /12)
    AC 30 Fort 30 Reflex 28 Will 31

Wolf
    HP 58/58 Bloodied 29
    AC 29 Fort 30 Reflex 27 Will 31

Move: to L17

Free: Wild Shape to Human, shift to L18, +1 AC, +1Ref

Standard: Summon Pack Wolf @L20 (Amirah gives OA)
    Order: Attack S7
    To Hit Ref - (1d20+23)[24] (inc. CA)
    Damage - (1d6+10)[11]
    If hit, target is prone
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Troll in the Playground

Giving his head a shake to clear it and focus on the task at hand, Kihtsah pulls himself up the rope to the main deck. These underwater trips are becoming far too common for my liking, He idly thinks before reaching the top.

Surveying the scene above, Kihtsah quickly moves to assist Medinah, drawing his blade and swearing an oath against the tattooed lizard giving off an unholy aura, skewering it and leaving it open for the warforged.

Move: Up 2 square, then to M11.
    Minor: Draw Kopesh
    Standard: Leading Strike on D9
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leading strike, attack vs AC:
    (1d20+19)[25] EDIT: throw in +2 more for flanking, still probably not enough though.
    (1d7+9)[14] Damage, and on hit, Medinah gets a +5 bonus on her next attack against the target.
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2013-11-13 at 01:49 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

Hasnarash's Vessel
    As Amirah carelessly launches into her summoning spell in front of the archer, it takes a scimitar from its belt with the end of its tail and slashes the swarm, felling many insects. As the wolf appears, the serpent seems taken by surprise, but only for a moment. With the wolf summoned in the confined space at the ship's prow, its limited range of motion prevents it from making an accurate attack.

Challenged by Medinah, the snake man being flanked by her and Kihtsah lashes out at the warforged with its envenomed morningstar. The damage it deals is only superficial, but it leaves the warforged poisoned.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah takes 20 damage from the attack of opportunity. The square she summons the wolf in can hold it, but it is subject to the rules for squeezing, because of structure at the front of the prow taking up space on the bowcastle. The wolf misses.

Kihtsah misses.

Medinah takes 8 physical damage and has OG10 poison.

This periodic damage is going to start racking up, so if anyone has ways to mitigate it for the party, now'd be the time to use em .

Battle Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Top Deck Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Map Details

Initiative Order
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A): 102/117 HP,
    Medinah (M): 102/110 HP, OG10 PSN
    Korack (O): 107/107 HP, Climbing

Wolf (W): 58/58 HP, Squeezing

Healing Surges:
    Spoiler
    Show

Defenses:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah: 29+1 AC 30 FORT 27+1 REF 31 WILL
    Korack: 29 AC 30 FORT 27 REF 31 WILL

Wolf 29 AC 30 FORT 27 REF 31 WILL

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She-Da-Zhong S7:
    She-Da-Zhong A3:
    She-Da-Zhong D9: Marked (M)
    She-Da-Zhong D4:
    She-Da-Zhong P6:

Defenses:
    Spoiler
    Show
    D9: 28+ AC ?? FORT ?? REF ?? WILL
    D4: 28+ AC ?? FORT ?? REF ?? WILL
    P6: ?? AC ?? FORT ?? REF ?? WILL

Known Information
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2013-11-14 at 03:58 PM.
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #1091

Korack

Korack continues his climb, finally hoisting himself up and over onto the ships' deck. His eyes scan the quickly escalating engagement, before flickering causing a large spirit bear to appear on deck in between Medinah and Kihtsah . Then with a small sigh, he draws his spear as a low quick tempo chant, as if to the rhythm of unheard battle drums, starts to emanate from within the shaman. Glancing towards Medinahs' direction, his eyes flicker once more, as a spirit of war coalesces onto the deck as well.

Move: Up 2 squares, moving into M15
    Minor: Draw Totemic Spear
    Minor (standard): Conjure Spirit of Athas at L14 (granting all adj players +1 to all defenses)
    Free: Call Spirit Companion at M12 (grants adj allies +1 fort/ref/will)

Korack's Status:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 107/107
    Surges: 12/12
    Conditions:

Defenses: (These are his current without his light shield equipped, but w/ Spirit of Athas)
    AC: 29
    Fort: 31
    Ref: 27
    Will: 32

Powers:
    Speak With Spirits | Second Wind | Healing Spirit [ ] [ ] | Spring Renewal Strike | Winter Wind Spirit | Sharing the Kill | Call to the Indomitable Defender | Sudden Restoration | Spirit's Touch | Spirit of Athas

Vengeful Elementals | Ancient Warlord's Inspiration | Reparative Spirit | Protective Roots | Spirit Summons | Faces of the Fallen

Item Powers:
    Healer's Shield | Gloves of the Healer

Edit: Spirit of Athas' summoned spot
    Last edited by Daravon_35; 2013-11-15 at 12:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

Frowning at all the poison getting thrown around, Medinah shifts a step toward midships and unleashes the familiar azure burst of static that marks her aegis.

She then ignites her blade with the power of anima and slashes fiercely at the zhong fighter in front of her before disappearing in a flash--only to reappear in front of the caster atop the aft cabin, slashing just as fiercely.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action to shift to L13.
    Minor action to mark D9 and D4 with her Aegis of Assault (per Dual Aegis).
    Free action to activate her Spiritswing Longsword.
    Standard action to attack D9 with Dual Lightning Strike.

Int (weapon) vs. AC against D9: (1d20+23)[40]
    Hit: [roll]1d8+10/roll] psychic damage and the target is marked UEMNT and the target is under the effects of Psychic Lock UEMNT.
    Effect: teleporting 6 squares to J8 and making a secondary attack against P6.
    Int (weapon) vs. AC against P6: (1d20+23)[35]
    Hit: [roll]1d8+10/roll] psychic damage and the target is marked UEMNT and the target is under the effects of Psychic Lock UEMNT.

Saving throw vs. OG10 poison: (1d20+2)[14]

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

Hasnarash's Vessel
    The shaman calls forth allies from the spirit world to guard the squad, and Medinah performs some sword magic which allows her to engage the priest on the aftcastle, scoring two hits on she-da-zhong with lightning-quick swordstrokes.

The priest hisses angrily as the spirits appear, clearly impinging on the makeshift holy site that is the ship. In its anger, it does not react fast enough to Medinah's appearance beside him. He hisses at her.

"Die!" screeches the snake in anger. It takes a cautious step back from Medinah and aims its staff at her, firing green magic at the warforged. In spite of Medinah's psychic interference, it lands, and she feels slightly dizzy, with energy and arcane oils leaking from her face.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Medinah takes 10 ongoing damage and 10 aura damage. She also takes 28 psychic damage from the priest, and she takes a -2 penalty to attacks UEP'sNT.

It is Jalil's turn now.

Battle Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Top Deck Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Map Details

Light blue aura gives +1 to defenses. Dark blue aura gives +1 to non-AC defenses.

Initiative Order
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A): 102/117 HP, +1 NAD
    Medinah (M): 54/110 HP, Bloodied, -2 attack
    Korack (O): 107/107 HP, +1 DEF

Healing Surges:
    Spoiler
    Show

Defenses:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah: 29+1 AC 30+1 FORT 27+2 REF 31+1 WILL
    Korack: 29+1 AC 30+1 FORT 27+1 REF 31+1 WILL

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She-Da-Zhong S7:
    She-Da-Zhong A3:
    She-Da-Zhong D9: Aegis (M)
    She-Da-Zhong D4: Marked (M), PsyLock (M)
    She-Da-Zhong P6: Marked (M)

Defenses:
    Spoiler
    Show
    D9: 28 < AC < 40 ?? FORT ?? REF ?? WILL
    D4: 28 < AC < 40 ?? FORT ?? REF ?? WILL
    P6: 35 > AC ?? FORT ?? REF ?? WILL

Known Information
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Jalil

A bolt of lightning erupts from the roiling mass of fog that was Jalil and streaks towards the priest. "Always commanding, demanding obedience without actually doing anything to earn it." Jalil says to the priest as the mist floats onto the ship passing behind Kitsah and landing next to the mast. A spark of electricity jumps out at the grates on the deck and they quickly build up a static charge that attracts bolts of lightning from the sky to slam down onto the deck. The bolts are accompanied by a thundering crack that threatens to throw the she-da-zhong off balance.

Lifting up off the deck the mist glides next to Medinah. "I suppose I'd try and bully people into fearing me as well if I had no real power." She says as more bolts of lightning stab out from the mist at the priest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start of Turn: Take 10 Ongoing Poison damage, reduced to 5 by Insubstantial
    Minor: Essence Form
    Action Point: Lightning Daggers at Priest 6
    Move Action: Fly to J10
    Standard Action: Static Bolt at A3, D4, D9 (Close Blast 4: I11:I14, L11:L14)
    Free Action: Elemental Escalation, Fly to K8
    Free Action: Lightning Daggers at Priest 6
    End of Turn: Saving Throw vs 10 Ongoing Poison damage

Essence Form: You become insubstantial until the end of your next turn. If you hit with an arcane power while you are insubstantial, you gain temporary hit points equal to one half your level + your Charisma modifier.

Lightning Daggers vs Priest 6 (Reflex)
    Attack (1d20+23)[33]
    Hit (2d4+21)[25] lightning damage and the Priest is slid to I7.

Static Bolt vs Reflex
    Attack vs A3 (1d20+23)[31]
    Attack vs D4 (1d20+23)[25]
    Attack vs D9 (1d20+23)[41]
    Hit (1d8+21)[25] lightning and thunder damage, (1d6)[3] lightning and thunder damage, (1d10)[5] lightning and thunder damage. D4 or A3 will take 6 extra damage if hit (either one). Each target hit will be slid 2 squares off the ship.

Lightning Daggers vs Priest 6 (Reflex)
    Attack (1d20+23)[43]
    Hit (2d4+21)[28] lightning damage and the Priest is slid to H7 (or I7 if the first attack missed).

Saving Throw vs Ongoing Damage
    (1d20)[9]

Jalil
    HP 95/106, Temp 14
    Last edited by Chambers; 2013-11-17 at 11:19 PM.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Titan in the Playground

Hasnarash's Vessel
    As usual, the sorceress' opening salvo cuts a swath through the opposition. Scoring almost a full set of hits with her lightning strikes, she shoves one of the zealous warriors over the railing with one strike, and knocks the priest off the aftcastle with another. The lightning misses the other zealot, and the purple-skinned one, while injured, manages to catch himself on the railing and stay upright.

The remaining zealot warrior hisses in frustration at the loss of its companion. It regards Medinah, already weakened by the priest's magic, as the easiest prey. Obeying her Aegis' compulsion, the zealot hisses as it weaves a spell - Medinah seems able to understand the noises it makes, and she turns her attention to Jalil involuntarily. The morningstar-wielding she-da-zhong snickers menacingly at the spell's success.

The snake engaged with Amirah and her wolf tries to squeeze its way out of the flanking position it finds itself in, but it has nowhere to run. Still in too close quarters to use its bow, it lashes out with its scimitar at the swarm again, killing more of its members.

With a hiss and an arcane gesture, the violet-scaled she-da-zhong conjures a globe of magical darkness around itself, similar to the enchantment cast on the vessel's lower decks. Two crossbow quarrels fly out of the darkness at Jalil.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jalil hits P6 then crits P6, and he fails his save and goes overboard. She also hits A3 and D9, the latter of which is also thrown overboard. A3 remains standing. D4 is missed. Failing her saving throw increases the ongoing damage to 15.

Medinah is dominated (save ends) by D4 (40 vs. Will).

Amirah is hit by the archer (30 vs. AC) and takes 17 damage.

Jalil takes 20 from the first quarrel (34 vs. AC) and 22 from the second (33 vs. AC), both poison damage. This is halved to 21 total damage.

It is Amirah's turn, then Kihtsah can go.

Battle Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Top Deck Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Map Details

Light blue aura gives +1 to defenses. Dark blue aura gives +1 to non-AC defenses.

Initiative Order
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A): 85/117 HP,
    Jalil (J): 88/106 HP, Insubstantial, OG15 PSN
    Medinah (M): 54/110 HP, Bloodied, -2 attack, dominated (se)
    Kihtsah (K): 117/117 HP, +1 NAD

Healing Surges:
    Spoiler
    Show

Defenses:
    Spoiler
    Show

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She-Da-Zhong S7: Concealment vs. 3+sq
    She-Da-Zhong A3: Total Concealment (A3)
    She-Da-Zhong D9: Marked (M), PsyLock(M), Swimming
    She-Da-Zhong D4: Aegis (M)
    She-Da-Zhong P6: Marked (M), Swimming, Bloodied

Defenses:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A3: ?? AC ?? FORT REF < 31 ?? WILL
    D9: 28 < AC < 40 ?? FORT 25 < REF < 41 ?? WILL
    D4: 28 < AC < 40 ?? FORT 25 < REF < 41 ?? WILL

Known Information
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

Amirah's defined form wavers as a portal opens, and Figment jumps out, taking her place as she reforms a few feet north. The archer is still trying to understand how the swarm had suddenly turned into the strange black creature. Before he regains his senses, Amirah's swarm shivers, and a golden insect appears. "Let go of Best Friend!Medinah" comes a psychic shout as sun beams leave the insect, blasting the archer and illuminating Medinah's frame.

Show

HP 85+10/117 Bloodied 58 Healing Surge 29 (0 used /12)
    AC 31 Fort 31 Reflex 29 Will 32
    (inc. bonus from figment)

Immediate Reaction on the attack: Ferocious Transformation
    Shift to M17, change into swarm mode, gain CA against archer until end of (this) turn, gain 10 THP

Move: Safe Banishment: Figment appears @L18

Free: Wild Shape to Humanoid. Shift to L17, +1AC +1Ref

Standard: Use Amulet's power Sacred Flame @ S7
    To Hit - (1d20+23)[37] (vs. Reflex) (inc. CA)
    Damage - (1d6+10)[15]
    Hit: Medinah can take a saving throw (or technically gain 8 THP, although I can guess which one she'll take)

Instinctive Effect: attack @ S7
    To Hit - (1d20+21)[28] (vs. Reflex) (inc. instinctive bonus, CA & -5 from squeezing)
    Damage - (1d6+10)[13]
    Hit: S7 is prone

Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2013-11-22 at 01:23 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Troll in the Playground

Kihtsah dashes forward, swearing an oath against the shaman that just enchanted Medinah. His one blade seems to be many as it flashes in the sunlight.

Move: To K10
    Minor: OoE on D4
    Standard: Weaving Blades on D4

Spoiler
    Show
    Attacks vs AC:
    (1d20+19)[22]
    (1d20+19)[34]
    Damage: (2d7+16)[24]
    Effect: Until the end of my next turn, any enemy other than the target that enters a square adjacent to me or starts it's turn there is affected by your weaving blades:
    Free Action: Deal 5 damage and push it 1 square.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Titan in the Playground

Hasnarash's Vessel
    Amirah unleashes the holy light of the sun, and the archer recoils in pain at the searing fire magic. The light seems to have an effect on Medinah's altered mind state, but she is unable to shake off the dominating charm.

Kihtsah engages the snakeman which has taken control of Medinah, scoring a mean hit with his blade and entering a stance that will keep other foes at bay.

From the water below, the other warrior-priest casts another hissing enchantment on Korack, but the shaman's strength of will is greater than Medinah's, and he remains uncontrolled. The snake then begins to ascend the rope left behind by the Hunters.

Further away, other vessels seem to slowly be reacting to the chaos on the deck of the priest's ship, but others are already distracted by the attacks elsewhere within the fleet. It will be some time before they are able to do anything about the Midnight Mirage's Hunters, however.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah hits the archer, but Medinah fails her save. Kihtsah hits his target.

I did the math, and the attack bonus on this domination spell is stupid, for the monster's level; I'm starting to think it must be a typo. I'm dropping it by 2 - could Medinah's ability that boosts her defense have stopped a 38 vs. Will?

Korack is missed (30 vs. Will). It is his turn.

Battle Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Top Deck Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Map Details

Initiative Order
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jalil (J): 88/106 HP, Insubstantial, OG15 PSN
    Medinah (M): 54/110 HP, Bloodied, -2 attack, dominated (se)
    Kihtsah (K): 117/117 HP, +1 NAD

Healing Surges:
    Spoiler
    Show

Defenses:
    Spoiler
    Show

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She-Da-Zhong D9: Marked (M), PsyLock(M), Climbing
    She-Da-Zhong D4: Aegis (M), Oath (K)

Defenses:
    Spoiler
    Show
    D9: 28 < AC < 40 ?? FORT 25 < REF < 41 ?? WILL
    D4: 28 < AC < 40 ?? FORT 25 < REF < 41 ?? WILL

Known Information
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1099

Korack

Moving quickly Korack and his spirit companion converge on the chaos that has erupted on the back of the ship. "Release her!" he booms, as white strands of light begin to stream out, of his hovering spirit companion, moving to encompass both Medinah and Jalil.

Move: M10
    Spirit Companion Move: J9+1 (he's floating up in the air)
    Minor: Healing Spirit on Medinah

Next action is based on if Medinah made the saving throw from Healing Spirit.

Standard (if saving throw is failed): Sudden on Restoration on Medinah and Jalil. Both get to make a saving throw.

Standard (if saving throw is made): Claws of the Eagle on D4, Kihtsah gets to make a basic melee attack against the target and if hit, target grants CA UENT for Korack.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Healing Spirit: Medinah gets to spend a healing surge at: +(1d6+25)[29] w/ a saving throw and a saving throw vs ongoing damage. Jalil gets healed for (4d6+6)[19]. Both Medinah and Jalil get 6 temp hp and +2 to all defenses UENT for Korack.

Korack's Status:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 107/107
    Conditions:

Defenses:
    AC: 29
    Fort: 30
    Ref: 27
    Will: 31

Powers:
    Speak With Spirits | Second Wind | Healing Spirit [X] [ ] [ ] | Spring Renewal Strike | Winter Wind Spirit | Sharing the Kill | Call to the Indomitable Defender | Sudden Restoration | Spirit's Touch | Spirit of Athas

Vengeful Elementals | Ancient Warlord's Inspiration | Reparative Spirit | Protective Roots | Spirit Summons | Faces of the Fallen

Item Powers:

Edit: Marked off sudden restoration
    Last edited by Daravon_35; 2013-11-24 at 12:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

Her free hand gripping her forehead, Medinah struggled to cast off the Zhong's influence. Finally, thanks to a little spiritual intervention, she threw it off in a rage.

"How dare you think you can control me! I'll burn this ship to its keel, starting with you!" she yelled as she cursed and rebuked her assailant.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor action to place her warlock's curse on D4 and S7, since they're the only two she can see from her current position.

Standard action to use Hellish Rebuke on D4.
    Con (implement) vs. Ref: (1d20+18)[29] (-2 taken into account)
    Hit: (1d6+10)[11] fire psychic damage + (2d6)[9] curse damage + Psychic Lock + Protective Hex, and if Medinah takes damage before the end of her next turn the target takes an additional (1d6+10)[14] psychic damage.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Titan in the Playground

Hasnarash's Vessel
    Noting that Amirah's spell failed to free Medinah from the control spell, Korack sends his spirit to the other Hunters' aid, and channels primal magic into Medinah to overcome the whispers of the she-da-zhong controlling her. His first attempt is not successful, but a second spell finally liberates Medinah from her mental prison.

Spitting curses of vengeance, Medinah lays her geas upon the templar that tried to control her and rebukes him with a spell infused with hellfire. The snake recoils at the burns, and turns its hateful regard to Korack. "Āpani'i prasssthama masssē, pāṣsssaṇḍa," it hisses in sibilant Shean.

The Hunters hear some splashing from the side of the ship where the priest fell, but have no idea what he's up to.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Korack takes 10 poison damage from the climbing she-da-zhong's aura at the start of his turn. He then restores Medinah for a total of 56 HP (WOW!) at the cost of one healing surge (deducted). Jalil regains 19 HP (I am never going to kill you guys at this rate ) and both gain 6 THP and +2 to all defenses (are you sure this is all from Healing Spirit? I'm really impressed!). Both are now in his spirit's Aura too.

Jalil Save vs. Ongoing: (1d20)[14]

Medinah curses D4 and S7 and deals 20 psychic damage to D4 (applying protective hex and psychic lock and rebuke)

P6 does some stuff you can't see.

It is Jalil's turn. Sorry for the delay, folks!

Battle Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Top Deck Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Map Details

Initiative Order
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jalil (J): 106+6/106 HP, Insubstantial, OG15 PSN, Defense (K)
    Medinah (M): 110+6/110 HP, Defense (K)
    Korack (O): 97/107 HP,

Figment (F): 58/58 HP

Healing Surges:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Medinah: 12/13

Defenses:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Character | AC | Fortitude | Reflex | Will | Temporary
    Amirah | 29 | 30 | 27 | 31 | +1 AC/REF
    Jalil | 26 | 27 | 26 | 31 | +2 ALL, +1 NAD
    Medinah | 33 | 30 | 29 | 26 | +2 ALL, +1 NAD
    Korack | 29 | 30 | 27 | 31 | None
    Kihtsah | 33 | 24 | 27 | 27 | None
    Wolf | 29 | 30 | 27 | 31 | None[/table]

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She-Da-Zhong S7: Concealment vs. 3+sq, Grant CA to Amirah
    She-Da-Zhong D9: Marked (M), Climbing
    She-Da-Zhong D4: Aegis (M), Curse (M), Rebuke (M), PsyLock (M), Hex (M), Oath (K)

Defenses:
    Spoiler
    Show
    D9: 28 < AC < 40 ?? FORT 29 REF ?? WILL
    D4: 28 < AC < 40 ?? FORT 29 REF ?? WILL

Known Information
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2013-12-18 at 11:12 PM.
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #1102

Jalil

"Your art is weak and insipid." Jalil says to the zealot next to Kitsah as a bolt of lightning flies out from the roiling mists that are Jalil. She floats towards the railing and moves down the stairs until she can see both the zealot and the She-Da-Zhong climbing the side of the ship. "Your priest has abandoned you, follow him back into the ocean!" Twin bolts of lighting erupt from the mists towards the two snake-men. As the mist fades away the wind picks up and gently lifts Jalil up and she walks across the air, stepping down onto the forecastle next to a ballista.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action: Lightning Daggers at D4
    Move Action: Move to M11
    Standard Action: Elemental Bolt at D4 & D9 (extra target via Elemental Escalation)
    Free Action: Elemental Escalation
    Free Action: Fly to I6 (can she see what the priest is doing from there?)

Lightning Daggers (D4)
    Attack vs Ref (1d20+19)[23]
    Hit (2d4+21)[28] lightning damage

Elemental Bolt (D4)
    Attack vs Ref (1d20+19)[37]
    Hit (1d12+27)[28] lightning and thunder damage, (1d6)[4] lightning and thunder damage, (1d10)[9] lightning and thunder damage. Target gains Vulnerable 3 vs my Elemental Attacks until EONT. Target is Slid 2 squares to I9.

Elemental Bolt (D9: Is he granting CA while climbing? If so, +2 attack)
    Attack vs Ref (1d20+19)[32]
    Hit (1d12+27)[35] lightning and thunder damage, (1d6)[3] lightning and thunder damage, (1d10)[1] lightning and thunder damage. Target gains Vulnerable 3 vs my Elemental Attacks until EONT. Target is Slid 2 squares down.

Powers Used: Action Point, Fog Form, Elemental Escalation [x], Essence Form, Lightning Daggers
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

Hasnarash's Vessel
    Jalil's first bolt misses the mark, drawing a sneer from the warrior in question. She wipes that sneer off his face with another, more devastating lightning bolt, sending him sprawling towards the steps up to the aft castle. He lightning forks down the side of the ship, striking the other warrior as it tries to climb up. The burn from the bolt is so deep, that the creature begins to bleed. He loses his grip on the rope and falls about ten feet before managing to grab hold of it again. From her her position by the ballista, she cannot see where the priest has gotten to.

Although Jalil's bolt has delayed it, the she-da-zhong templar manages to climb back on deck, weapon in hand. Its electrical burn is bleeding, but it seems to be ignoring it well. It turns its focus to the menagerie assaulting the archer on the forecastle.

Seeing that the wolf is having trouble fitting into the space between the archer and the front rail, the archer decides it would be the best target for melee attacks. Its tail lashes out with the scimitar it holds. It lands a shallow gash on the wolf's side.

More crossbow bolts fly out of the cloud of darkness, right before it vanishes, sinking into Jalil and leaving a pair of bleeding wounds where they land. The violet-skinned she-da-zhong that fired the bolts allows itself a serpentine grin as it observes the devastating hits it lands with its hand crossbow.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jalil's lightning daggers miss. Her Elemental Bolts both hit; she doesn't dislodge the climbing one completely, but she slides him down 2 successfully. That is... a lot of damage. D4 is bloodied now.

If you want to know more about where the priest has gotten to, that's trying to detect what you cannot see. It's a Minor Action Perception check. You can also try to just walk around the perimeter of the ship in an attempt to spot where he has ended up.

The archer hits the wolf for 22 damage (32 vs. AC).

Jalil takes two hits from the stealthy one, one a crit (36 vs. AC, 41 vs. AC) for a total of 61 damage. The darkness spell ends, and he is now visible.

Battle Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Top Deck Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Map Details

Initiative Order
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jalil (J): 51/106 HP, Bloodied

Wolf (W): 36/58 HP, Squeezing
    Figment (F): 58/58 HP

Healing Surges:
    Spoiler
    Show

Defenses:
    Spoiler
    Show

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She-Da-Zhong D4: Aegis (M), Curse (M), Rebuke (M), PsyLock (M), Hex (M), Oath (K)

Defenses:
    Spoiler
    Show

Known Information
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2013-12-31 at 01:20 PM.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

Amirah regards the pirate climbing the stairs with curiosity, before flowing backwards behind the ship's wheel, her arms already shaping a new spell. Wind blows behind her, buffeting her against the ship's wheel, and sending the pirates tumbling.

As the wind ends, Figment and the wolf rush forwards to harass the archer, as Amirah sends a mass of insects over the railing to look at what the priest is up to.

Show

Amirah
    HP 85+10/117 Bloodied 58 Healing Surge 29 (0 used /12)
    AC 31 Fort 31 Reflex 29 Will 32
    (inc. Figments Aura bonus)

Figment
    HP 58/58 Bloodied 29 Healing Surge 14 (0 used /0)
    AC 31 Fort 27 Reflex 31 Will 31 Speed 8

Wolf
    HP 42/58 Bloodied 29
    AC 30 Fort 31 Reflex 28 Will 32
    (inc. Figments Aura bonus)

----
    Actions:

Minor: Boots of the Fencind Master. Amirah shifts to J18. +1AC +1Ref

Standard: Tidal Surge (K15 - O19)
    To Hit S7 - (1d20+23)[40](vs Fort)
    To Hit D9 - (1d20+21)[28](vs Fort)
    Damage - (2d6+10)[17], and target is slid 3 squares
    If S7 is hit, shift first to M19. If he doesn't fall overboard (and thus is prone), shift to L17
    If D9 is hit, shift to M14, then to N13.

Move:
    If S7 was hit:
    Amirah shifts to I17
    Figment moves to J17
    Wolf moves to K17

If S7 was missed:
    Amirah shifts to K17

(If S7 falls overboard, I'll need to reconsider where I send the wolf - presumably to attack D9, but it seems very unlikely it will be the case. Stupid railings)

Free: Amirah shifts to Insect plague form, gains insubstantial and flight.

Instinctive: Wolf attacks S7. +6HP
    To Hit S7 - (1d20+26)[29](vs Ref) (-5 if wolf is still in tight corner)
    Damage - (1d6+10)[13], and the target is prone.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2013-12-30 at 08:29 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Troll in the Playground

Kihtsah pursues his target towards Medinah, following up Jalil's attacks. An aura forms around him as he channels the power of the divine, weighing down his foes with fear. "This is the end of the line, serpent. Make peace with your god, for however much that's worth."

Move: To I10
    Standard: Menacing Presence on D4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacks vs AC:
    (1d20+19)[24]
    (1d20+19)[32]
    Damage: (3d7+17)[26] on hit. +4 More if Medinah and the Spirit both count as adjacent to D4 from my Censure. Half that on miss.
    Effect: Until the end of the encounter, any enemy that starts its turn adjacent to me takes a -2 penalty to AC until the end of its next turn.

Also, since Jalil hit my oath target, the Avenging Surge gives me 3 THP.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Titan in the Playground

Hasnarash's Vessel
    Amirah's wind spell doesn't seem to phaze the templar snake-man, but it violently hurls the archer she's been fighting into the ocean. She and her pets reposition themselves, asserting dominance of the aftcastle.

Kihtsah rushes forward and performs an advanced sword technique on the she-da-zhong warrior there, infusing his blade with the blessings of his god. The cut he scores on the templar runs deep, with the new wound bleeding onto the jet-black deck. The creature hisses in pain and anger.

The templar being engaged by the wolf disengages himself and turns to face Korack. He whispers in She, and though no one can make out what it is saying, Korack seems uniquely able to hear it. Once again, however, the big shaman simply shrugs off the suggestive magics, causing frustration on the part of the templar.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah, Figment and Kihtsah all took 10 poison damage at the start of their turns from the templars' auras. Kihtsah had 3 THP, so he takes 7 damage; correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Amirah gains her latest batch of THP only after she starts her turn and takes the damage.

Korack is missed by the domination whispers (25 vs. Will), and now it's his turn!

As always, guys, let me know if I've made any errors in numbers or positions.

Battle Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Top Deck Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Map Details

Initiative Order
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A): 75+10/117 HP,
    Jalil (J): 51/106 HP, Bloodied
    Kihtsah (K): 110/117 HP,

Wolf (W): 36/58 HP, Squeezing
    Figment (F): 48/58 HP

Healing Surges:
    Spoiler
    Show

Defenses:
    Spoiler
    Show

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show

Defenses:
    Spoiler
    Show

Known Information
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #1107

The shaman continues his movement up the aft-deck, as he and his spirit companion converge on Jalil. Turning he faces the She-Da-Zhong perched on the steps and in unison with his bear, strikes out.

Move: To J6
    Spirit Companion Move: I7
    Standard: Call to the Indomitable Defender on D4
    Minor: Healing Spirit on Jalil

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Call to the Indomitable Defender: Atk vs Fort: (1d20+17)[36]
    Damage: (2d6+9)[19]
    Effect: Until end of my next turn, me and my allies gain resist +9 to all dmg while adj to spirit companion.

Healing Spirit: Jalil gets to spend a healing surge at: +(1d6+25)[28] w/ a saving throw and a saving throw vs ongoing damage. Korack gets healed for (4d6)[16]. Kihtsah gets healed for +6. Both Korack and Jalil get 6 temp hp and they and Medinah get +2 to all defenses UENT for Korack.

Yeah... probably going to miss the attack, but worth a shot.

Korack's Status:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 107/107+6
    Conditions:

Defenses:
    AC: 29 +1
    Fort: 30 +3
    Ref: 27 +2
    Will: 31 +3

Powers:
    Speak With Spirits | Second Wind | Healing Spirit [X] [X] [ ] | Spring Renewal Strike | Winter Wind Spirit | Sharing the Kill | Call to the Indomitable Defender | Sudden Restoration | Spirit's Touch | Spirit of Athas

Item Powers:
    Last edited by Daravon_35; 2014-01-16 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Edited my status block hp after the heal

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordant Thorne

Even though Jalil and Kihtsah had attacked the 'Zhong warrior, Medinah wasn't about to let up on her quarry.

"Die you motherless cur!" she cursed as she shifted into flanking position before hammering down at the pirate with two furious slashes of her sword.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action to shift to I8.

Minor action to curse the nearest 2 enemies, which I'm guessing would be either A3 or D9.

Standard action to use Curse Strike on D4.
    Str (weapon) vs. Will: (1d20+21)[37] (with combat advantage)
    Hit: (2d8+6)[14] psychic damage + (2d6)[2] curse damage + UEMNT the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls, and your weapon attacks against the target deal 2d6 extra damage, + psychic lock + protective hex.

Action Point!
    Eldritch Strike on D4.
    Con (weapon) vs. AC: (1d20+25)[45] (with combat advantage)
    Hit: (1d8+14)[16] psychic damage + (2d6)[8] weapon damage from Curse Strike + (curse damage from above if the above attack missed) + slide the target 1 square to H9 + psychic lock + protective hex.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Titan in the Playground

Hasnarash's Vessel
    Korack works his healing magic on the Midnight Mirage Hunters, and then goes in for a successful strike on the quickly-getting-surrounded 'zhong templar. It turns to answer in kind, but before it can do anything of the sword, Medinah approaches and grabs its attention. Since she presented such a convincing argument, the creature can do nothing but oblige her request, as it slides off the warforged's sword with a resounding thump. Blood begins to run down the stairs from the hole in the creature's torso - apparently, Medinah found a chink in the stone and chainmail armour.

More splashing, this time from the generally southwesterly part of the ship, signals that the priest is still floundering about in the water for now.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Korack heals everyone and gives out THP, defenses and resists like hot cakes. Until the end of his next turn, the bear's aura gives Resist 9 All as well.

Medinah kills D4, refreshing Aegis and Oath.

Fixed the Enemy Status spoiler, and I've given you guys the defenses of the Templars, now that you've killed one of them.

The priest does nothing that concerns you . It's Jalil's turn.

Battle Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Top Deck Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Map Details

Initiative Order
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A): 85+10/117 HP,
    Jalil (J): 105+6/106 HP, Bloodied +2 DEF (K)
    Medinah (M): 110+6/110 HP, +2 DEF (K)
    Korack (O): 107+6/107 HP, +2 DEF (K)
    Kihtsah (K): 116/117 HP,

Wolf (W): 36/58 HP,
    Figment (F): 48/58 HP

Healing Surges:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jalil: 9/10

Defenses:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah | 29 | 30 | 27 | 31 | +1 AC/REF, +1 DEF
    Korack | 29 | 30 | 27 | 31 | +2 ALL
    Wolf | 29 | 30 | 27 | 31 | +1 DEF[/table]

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She-Da-Zhong A3:
    She-Da-Zhong D9: Bloodied
    She-Da-Zhong D4: Dead

Defenses:
    Spoiler
    Show
    D9: 31 AC 29 FORT 29 REF 32 WILL

Known Information
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2014-01-24 at 12:11 PM.
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #1110

Jalil

"Amirah, stay away from them!" Jalil shouts as she hurries across the forecastle and stops on the stairs. Three massive bolts of lightning fly out from her dagger and race towards the she-da-zhong on the deck. A south wind rushes across the ship and lifts Jalil straight into the air. She floats there a moment, her hair and dress whipping about her as she tries to see over the railings for the priest still in the water. The winds soften and carry her back to the ships wheel.

Spoiler
    Show

Move Action: Move to M9
    Free Action: Lightning Daggers at D9
    Standard Action: Elemental Bolt at D9
    Free Action: Elemental Escalation (extra target A3)
    Free Action: Fly 5 squares (3 up, then 2 down to land in K7).
    Minor Action: Perception check while airborne to spot the Priest.

Lightning Daggers (D9)
    Attack vs Ref (1d20+19)[38]
    Hit (2d4+21)[26] lightning damage. The target is slide to M14.

Elemental Bolt (D9)
    Attack vs Ref (1d20+19)[32]
    Hit (1d12+27)[38] lightning and thunder damage, (1d6)[5] lightning and thunder damage, (1d10)[5] lightning and thunder damage, 3 extra damage from Vulnerable 3 Elemental, (2d6)[11] extra damage from Piercing Shot. Target gains Vulnerable 3 vs my Elemental Attacks until EONT. Target is Slid 2 squares. If Lightning Daggers hit and he is now in M14, slide him M13->N12. If Lightning Daggers missed and he's still in M15 slide him M14->N13.

Elemental Bolt (A3)
    Attack vs Ref (1d20+19)[28]
    Hit (1d12+27)[35] lightning and thunder damage, (1d6)[4] lightning and thunder damage, (1d10)[1] lightning and thunder damage. Target gains Vulnerable 3 vs my Elemental Attacks until EONT. Target is Slid 2 squares I14->H14.

Perception check (1d20+10)[27]

Powers Used: Action Point, Fog Form, Elemental Escalation [x][x][ ][ ], Essence Form, Lightning Daggers