New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Evil Solo Game: EdroGrimshell IC

You and your few remaining creations are weary and tired after escaping your latest near-death incident. Someone in town had found out about your experiments and, sure enough, formed a lynch mob. You manged to escape relatively unscathed, but some of your notes were lost and you need somewhere to sleep for the night. You have decided to enter the underdark, knowing the villagers would never follow you there. You have just found the entrance to a side cavern. It appears to be a mine, but was likely abandoned long ago.
    Awesome Avatar by Miss Nobody.

Spoiler
    Show

I Am A: Lawful Good Human Wizard (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-15
    Charisma-14

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Evil Solo Game: EdroGrimshell IC

"Karassssu, I found ssssomething of intersssst," hissed a shadowy figure, hidden by the shadow of a large, stony hill, calling attention from two others, equally shadowed. The two made their way across, shadows within shadows, to the third figure, revealing a small, violet scaled lizardfolk at the entrance to a cavern.

The other two figures, one slightly smaller than the lizardfolk, the other much taller than either, both peered into the cave, "A mine by the look of it," commented the smallest of the trio, revealing itself as female, young by the sound of it.

"Kobold make most likely, dwarves are rare in this region," the tallest of the trio speaks, his voice calm and level. "Let's take a look around," he says, leading the way, "Gineko, keep hidden and slightly ahead, give any warning you can, Silthas."

The trio looked through the cavern, discovering a wide array of rooms, mostly empty or with furnishings long since left in disrepair, this would serve well, all that would be needed would be a few of the natural materials mixed in the right way to provide light. "Guess this is our new home," the three said in unison.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

3. - Top - End - #3

Now now now. Don't be too hasty. Make spot and listen checks before you enter.

Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-15
    Charisma-14

4. - Top - End - #4

I believe I hear ssssomething inssside. It sssoundsss large.

Ya, I hear it too. What do you think we should do?

Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-15
    Charisma-14

5. - Top - End - #5

Karasu gazes into the dark, "Let's go see what we have to evict," he says, pulling a few pellets of liquid sunlight, "don't break them," he says, tieing a string from his spell component pouch to each and hanging it like a necklace from each of their necks. He then quickly casts a protective spell on himself, a spell on Silthas so he may get the drop on whatever is in there (literally), and a fortifying spell to keep Gineko alive, and walks into the cavern.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casts Shield on self, Spider Climb on Silthas, and Augment Familiar on Gineko (+4 to all scores, +2 to all saves, and DR 5/magic for as long as i concentrate +1 round)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

AS you enter, you hear something snorting like a bull outside the reach of your light. From the entrance to the cave, you can just barely see the light from your pellets shining off of the rough stone walls about 40 feet to either side, and the ceiling 20 feet above.

Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-15
    Charisma-14

7. - Top - End - #7

"Silthas, may want to take advantage of that spell while you can, Gineko, get your bow ready and remain invisible if possible, set the pellet down so they can't track you with it," Karasu says, he wouldn't be able to cast a spell while concentrating on her power boost so he instead pulled his bow and nocked an arrow, one of his brown-fletched arrows (no special material).

He then takes a step forward, trying to get the creature or creatures in the light.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

Silthas and Gineko do as ordered, Silthas staying on the ceiling directly above you. As you advance forward, you notice two other doorways to the sides, but the noises are still coming from up ahead. I'm going to assume you continue advancing, and soon enough you see another doorway, more of just an opening in the wall 10 feet high though, which the noises are obviously coming from. The entire front area is roughly 100 feet long by 80 feet wide.

Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-15
    Charisma-14

9. - Top - End - #9

"Try to use nonlethal force if possible, we may be able to get some use out of whatever these things are," Karasu says just before walking through the door.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

As you walk towards the door, you see the tell-tale glint of an animal's eyes... but too late! A MOTHER****ING MINOTAUR charges out of the opening, bellowing out a challenge as it does! It lowers it's horns and... one of it's horns forces it's way straight through your left shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm doing my own rolls out of the thread, partially so you don't get any possibly useful information about the enemy and so that I may fudge rolls for dramatic effect.

Minotaur armed with a greataxe uses powerful charge on you, dealing 24 damage to you.

Roll initiative.

Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-15
    Charisma-14

11. - Top - End - #11

I think i just found my next specimen, Karasu thinks, grimacing in pain. With the horn still in his shoulder he casts his spell, focused enough to overcome the pain, clouding the minotaurs mind and forcing it closer to unconciousness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Inevitable Defeat
    3d6 nonlethal damage per round
    No save, DC 19 Will save each round after the first to end the effect
    (3d6)[10] nonlethal damage
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

The minotaur growls at the pain in his head, and backs up a couple of steps. He then decides it would be a great idea to take a swing at you with his greataxe, apparently not noticing Silthas above him. He wings his axe towards your already injured shoulder and... strikes again, ripping ever deeper. Grinning sadistically, he tries for a backstroke, but it is turned away at the last second by your shield of force.
    [spoiler]
    You take 19 damage, the Minotaur is 1 square away from you.
    [/roll]

Silthas let's out a hiss of anger, and drops from above right next to the minotaur, but it was ready for him, and swings his axe to hit the falling lizardfolk, missing by just a hairsbreadth as Silthas twists in midair. Silthas takes the opportunity to thrust into the minotaur's leg with his spear, sinking the full blade of the spear into it's leg.

Spoiler
    Show

Silthas takes no damage, Minotaur has taken some. Gineko missed.

Making matters worse, the minotaur appears to have no shaken the effects of your spell. Looks like he might be a pretty tough opponent.

Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-15
    Charisma-14

13. - Top - End - #13

Taking a step back from the minotaur so he's outside its reach, Karasu casts a quick spell and vanishes from view then positions himself where he can't be heard or spotted when the invisibility comes undone. He then prepares to cast one of his more combat oriented spells.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide: (1d20+16)[17]
    Move Silently: (1d20+13)[23]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

The Minotaur bellows his rage at your disappearance, and turns to swing his mighty axe at Silthas, The axe slices into his belly, ripping a rather large gash into it. The backswing, however, does a much smaller injury to his leg.

Spoiler
    Show

Silthas takes 26 damage.

Silthas skurries back to the wall to tend to his wounds, and as he does so two small gashes appear in one leg of the enraged beast.

Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-15
    Charisma-14

15. - Top - End - #15

Karasu moves into a position where the beast would be hardpressed to see him, though could probably still scent him, then pulls back his bowstring and lets an arrow fly, taking his time to fire at the beast before him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+12)[15]
    Crit: (1d20+12)[15]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[5]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

OOC: You casted normal invisiblity, right?

Anyways, the arrow sinks into the minotaur's flesh, but he still seems more angry than injured.(Will edit rest in later)

Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-15
    Charisma-14