New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default The Art of Darkness

Jurl-Ah: The city of hope. The land of tomorrow. The town with titles. For three dynasties, it's been a place where anybody could find what they wanted with minimal effort, even acceptance. You could walk in to a store owned by a half-orc and managed by a dwarf.
    There's been a string of disappearences lately, however. The guards are baffled as to how they happen. According to witnesses, the area where it happens goes pitch black right before someone dissapears. Seeking help, the guard issued a general assistance call. You've all responded and met the captain of the guard about it. After negotiating, an agreement was reached:

You have two weeks to find the source of the kidnappings and stop them. Rescuing the missing people is a must, even if you just bring back evidence that they died. During this period of time, you've been deputized. You can enter buildings for the purpose of looking for evidence, and are authorized to use lethal force if needed.

------------------------------------------------------

OOC Thread: Here
    Last edited by GFawkes; 2011-03-11 at 01:39 PM.
    Awesome Gordon Freemane Avatar by Dirtytabs

ATTENTION: Finally returning (slowly) after a hiatus. I'd rather not talk about it.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Those who post with ponies become ponies themselves.
    And if you stare too long into Equestria, Equestria stares into you.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpotato and Aldurin
    Free action is infinite attacks a round isn't it?

You're right, it's too weak.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Savannah

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Art of Darkness

"Captain, I will gladly do all that I can to help the people of this fair city. And I'm sure the others gathered here feel the same. I have a few questions before we begin, however. First, have you heard any rumors that evil outsiders have been involved? I have heard that the mysterious doings in town may be related to that very thing. Do you have any information about that? Secondly, where did the most recent kidnappings take place? If we are to discover what foul fiends are behind this, that seems like the best place to start." Cedric Bonache speaks with an eloquence befitting his noble race. He stands tall for a man and wears a white robe with a purple sash over his golden hued mithral shirt.
    Sweet avatar of Gikalek by KaptainKrutch.

Now running The Goramitar Games
    IC|OOC

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Hmmm. I Dolias Bardukr will personally see to these kidnapers and deal them the justice they deserve with my trusty greatsword by my side. Dolias patted the greatsword behind his back. Dolias was a pleasant dwarf that despite being a barbarian had some intellect. He held his shoulders up high so as to be noticable in this crowd of tall humanoids.
    In the woods, perpetual youth. - R.W.E

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Akemi, meanwhile, sits back from the conversation, her katana at her hip, but no armor on- she doesn't wish to give offence, and so is in a light blue kimono. She is a relatively short human, with white hair, and crystal blue eyes, matching the color of her kimono.

At the moment, she does not speak, observing and listening instead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, aren't we a cheerful bunch. Prancing about with swords and whatnot. So sure of yourselves." The halfling had been leaning against one of the walls, wearing some light protective leathers, and a battleaxe hanging by his side. As he stood, those assembled could see there was definately something wrong with his eyes. "According to the reports, my dear friends, we are dealing with something far beyond the normal ken. And we should be cautious. That said, I am Horace of the Willowroot clan. And I will be glad to give what help I can."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Aaaah Horace my halfling friend no need to fear with Dolias Bardukr by your side, my greatsword and I can handle all sorts of strange creatures. Dolias Bardukr will not be in fear of some strange beings and neither should any of you. These mysterious beings will be dealt with swiftly. Dolias stood proudly with his chest slightly puffed causing his long midnight colored hair bounced off his shoulders. Dolias was wearing a roughed up breastplate armor that had a dwarf hard at work in a forge on the chest piece.
    In the woods, perpetual youth. - R.W.E

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Akemi finally decides to speak. "My name is Akemi Doji, as you would say it. I agree with Horace- this may not be a simple thing which our swords can destroy, no matter our skill in them."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Magra dashed towards the group, he was a tall human, freakishly so, he seemed to be unnaturally well built and his eyes were an insects, made of thousands of segments. He wore a long jacket covering a light chain shirt and thick brown trousers. He had a mace strapped to his belt, and a buckler barely visible under the sleeve of one arm.

He began to slow down as he approached the group. He waved in the groups general direction as he began to speak. I apologize for being late, main road got blocked off, a wagon train overturned. I'm Magra Vel,I was hired for the missing persons job. Is there anything I missed?
    Last edited by havocfett; 2011-03-17 at 09:55 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

The group fills in Marga on what they know. It's around 5 PM, and the sun is about to hit the horizon. The people on the streets seem slightly worried, and moves hastily about what they are doing.
    Awesome Gordon Freemane Avatar by Dirtytabs

ATTENTION: Finally returning (slowly) after a hiatus. I'd rather not talk about it.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Those who post with ponies become ponies themselves.
    And if you stare too long into Equestria, Equestria stares into you.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpotato and Aldurin
    Free action is infinite attacks a round isn't it?

You're right, it's too weak.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Savannah

Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well then. We've got little to start with. No one actually witnessed anything, just a cloud of darkness. No bodies, if whatever this is kills people. Started with the poor, but then again, that's just common sense for a kidnapper. Start with those who won't be missed. Only connecting factor is that a good number of them recently won court cases. Odd, but hardly a lead. I think perhaps a quick jaunt through some of the poorer districts of town may be in order." Horace looked down the street, towards the setting sun, wondering just how much more time there was til nightfall. The townsfolk seemed aweful eager to get inside before the sun set, and who could blame them. "Anyone have any better ideas?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by THEChanger View Post
    "Well then. We've got little to start with. No one actually witnessed anything, just a cloud of darkness. No bodies, if whatever this is kills people. Started with the poor, but then again, that's just common sense for a kidnapper. Start with those who won't be missed. Only connecting factor is that a good number of them recently won court cases. Odd, but hardly a lead. I think perhaps a quick jaunt through some of the poorer districts of town may be in order." Horace looked down the street, towards the setting sun, wondering just how much more time there was til nightfall. The townsfolk seemed aweful eager to get inside before the sun set, and who could blame them. "Anyone have any better ideas?"
    "That all seems well and good. It may also behoove us to peruse the court records as soon as such a time as it may be convenient."
    Sweet avatar of Gikalek by KaptainKrutch.

Now running The Goramitar Games
    IC|OOC

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Perhaps we can split into two groups?" said Magra as he watched the locals head for their houses, One group creates a lure or searches for clues while the other grabs court records. Alternately we can stick together, search tonight and search tomorrow. Even if we technically can requisition records off hours, I'd like to keep the court friendly.