New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: The Wrong Guys IC II

Cardea
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rana walks casually (or at least she tries to fake it) into the stable. She stops in front of an empty stall in the back and turns towards the door.

She asks something, sounding slightly annoyed.

Druidic
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well?"

OOC: I'm not expecting that to work, but she doesn't know your class
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Troll in the Playground

Savannah
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tayet slips into the stall with the woman, moving in, and away from the door. He looks at her confused. He pauses for a moment, looks up at Cape, and to the woman. He responds, in a familiar tongue to him.

Sylvan
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm sorry, but what did you say?"

OOC: Oh, I see how it is, Miss Druid.
    Just finding my roots again.

3. - Top - End - #1053

Cardea
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Technically, Rana is outside of the stall -- she has no intention of trapping herself further than she has to. Also, she had to check if you were a druid!

Rana seems to be carefully maneuvering herself and Shadow to keep the wolf between you and her. Shadow sits in front of her feet, staring intently at Cape.

(Sylvan) "Oh." She looks oddly disappointed. "No matter. Who are you and what do you want with me?"
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ettin in the Playground

Audric ignores the nickname, instead opting to speak in a very leveled, very serious tone. “You are wrong. It does affect you. As a magic user, and, as you put it, as one in the underbelly” When Rana got up to leave the table, he has followed her with his gaze, obviously worried. Now he seems a little distracted, like he is trying to focus his attention on two things together. “Where do you think Iil’ssaran went first, to gather the subjects for her experiments? Your people are the first in line to be threatened by this.

Ajadea
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0] and [roll1] to keep an eye on the two people that Rana pointed out.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Troll in the Playground

Savannah
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well now she has an easier time escaping this horrible monster.

*This is in Elven. Everything else is Sylvan.

"Tayet."* He sets down Cape on the ground, croaching down as the eagle claws his way off of his shoulders. "Its a bit complicated, Miss. But, is... is your dog... naturally, that big? His breed. I don't believe they're normally that size. Kind of like how Cape here," he says, pointing at his eagle. "Would normally not have been of that size."
    Last edited by Cardea; 2012-05-18 at 07:18 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Take a look at the numbers and you'll find that more people die from your church or crime around here. A woman with a fancy name doesn't make much of a dent to those numbers, no matter how many experiments she runs." Jess says carelessly. "An', to the pointy bit, I'll be leaving my living behind too. It's not the kinda thing you can come back to easily."

7. - Top - End - #1057

Cardea
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow cautiously stands up to sniff Cape, ready to jerk back if the eagle swipes at him.

Rana mutters something in Druidic, and Shadow looks back at her. He turns back to Cape, his tail wagging slowly.

(Sylvan) "I'm Rana. This is Shadow. For a man who carries an eagle around, you apparently don't know much about wildlife -- Shadow's no dog, and he's no bigger than other big wolves. He's just never gone hungry with me around."

"Now," she says firmly, looking you in the eye "what do you want with me?"
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Troll in the Playground

Savannah
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tayet reflexively looks down, avoiding the woman's eyes. He pulls down his hood and looks at the woman, a tired look on his face. He looks down at Cape, then at Shadow. (Elven) "Miss, do you know anything about magic?"

9. - Top - End - #1059

Cardea
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rana's eyes widen. (Elven) "That is a very dangerous question," she hisses, "Why would you ask such a thing?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling Spot because now you've got her wondering if you're human... (1d20+11)[24]
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Troll in the Playground

Savanah
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Elven) "Because if you can, I need your help and knowledge." Tayet says, pulling his hood back up, but stopping the reflex, and putting it back down.
    Last edited by Cardea; 2012-05-19 at 12:42 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1061

Cardea
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Elven) "What makes you think I won't march right back in there and report you to the paladin? And if I knew something and if I agreed to help, why should I think you won't turn me in?"
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Troll in the Playground

Savannah
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Elven) "I don't. I don't know whether or not you will simply walk back to your table of well-armed acquaintances and tell them that some stranger is asking you about magic. Just like you don't know whether or not I'd simply turn you in if you tell me you know magic. And to the point, I don't want you to report me, and neither of us want me to report you.

"But in the time it takes you to walk back to your companions, I will be gone. I don't want any quarrel with you; that goes against what I'm seeking. Miss, if you know magic, then I ask that you teach me what you can. Help me learn more of what I already know. That is all I'm asking. I know some, but its not enough for what I need to do, and it'd take too long for me to try and figure it out on my own. I'm just seeking the knowledge you know."

13. - Top - End - #1063

Cardea
    Spoiler
    Show
    (elven)

Rana finally looks away, "I-I can't. I don't have time. I-I'm not... I just..." She turns away, not meeting your eyes.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rana has....issues. Stop her before she blows your best way to get into the party
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ettin in the Playground

Llaars, Antal and Jess only ((gaah, spoiler time again ))
    Spoiler
    Show
    No. You would not say that if you had seen her.” Audric replies, quietly but firmly. “I had never seen a display of power like hers: she ripped the skeleton out the living body of her own ally, and rallied it again us. And should she succeed in what she plans to do, there would be another five, just as powerful as her, free to start Aldaran knows what. The spirits…they start weak, but get stronger the longer they are in this world”. Words seem inadequate to convey what Audric wants to, but the paladin’s expression is one of worry and exhaustion: he is not spinning a tale, or even exaggerating the events, he genuinely believes in anything he is saying.

He pauses, unsure if adding it, then, in a tone even lower, and a little bit uncertain: “The… the Order doesn’t know where Iil’ssaran is going, and that she plans to raise her friends. I have… kept that information from them. There is nobody else but us. I want to help you, but we cannot lose much time, and we cannot stop in this place for long.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Hint hint, nudge nudge: you don’t have to, and I won’t be disappointed if you don’t, but it’s an interesting insight in the paladin's character why exactly Audric kept that piece of information from the Order, should you care to inquire. ))

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Troll in the Playground

Savannah
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tayet takes a step forward, his face and voice losing composure. (Elven) "Miss, please. I just need lessons. Things that you were taught when you were first learning. I know of no one else who can teach me anymore, and if I can't learn anything more, then I put my old teacher to shame for not trying. I'll do whatever I need to, to repay you. I can cook, I can hunt, I can serve as a bodyguard, I can track and help keep you safe. I will do anything I can to serve you if it means you can spend time teaching me what I need to know."
    Last edited by Cardea; 2012-05-19 at 07:20 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1066

Cardea
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rana stops, her back still toward you. She seems to be thinking a long time. Finally she turns back to you, still not quite meeting your eye.

(Sylvan) "You do realize that my magic is forbidden? That you are asking to put yourself in danger? And not just from the paladins -- we are hunting a dangerous witch, one who tortures and draws the magic out of people for her own use. She is a long-dead spirit, infesting the body of a woman, trying to wake other spirits like herself. You should leave now, while you still have a chance."
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Troll in the Playground

Savannah
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Sylvan) "I'm aware that magic is forbidden, Miss. On that front, I'm already at the constant threat. But if you hunt this witch, Miss, then I would hunt her as well. And should she try to draw out my magic, she would find herself starved and disappointed, I'm afraid. If I took the chance to escape, then I lose what chance I have to learn under you." Tayet says. He holds out his hands clasped together in front of him, lowering his head. "I need this, Miss."

18. - Top - End - #1068

Cardea
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rana sighs. (sylvan) "You're making a mistake. But we need all the help we can get, so...

"I suppose you'd might as well come meet the rest of us."
    She turns and starts walking back to the inn.

"Oh, and stop calling me 'Miss'."
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Troll in the Playground

Savannah
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Sylvan) "I've made some before, I don't think I'll stop soon. Thank you." Tayet says, pulling his hood back up, flattening it back to his skull. He follows Rana back into the Inn. "I don't talk much, Rana, so it should be an issue."

20. - Top - End - #1070

RedWizardGuy

Llaars, Antal and Audric
    Spoiler
    Show

"A dangerous woman indeed. So dangerous that they sent an absolute horde of you out fer her. What, the rest of the paladins hiding in here or something?" She makes a grand show of looking under the table, and then at Llaars and Antal. "'Cause beefy and eaty here don't seem like your usual church type. Or maybe the church finally raised it's recruiting standards."

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Troll in the Playground

Tayet

Tayet takes a faster step to get in front of Rana, opening the door for her.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ettin in the Playground

" 'They' did not send us. I told you, the Order does not know the full story, because I have not told them.". Now Audric looks a bit irritated. He brushes a lock of hair away from his forehead, before returning to look Jess in the eyes. "This is not an official mission on behalf of the Temple. The four of us are here because..." A pause. Because of what, exactly? "...because we were the ones to discover her, and we all want to stop her." Plus a half-dozen other reasons he doesn't want to get into. Not with this woman, so ready to mock.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Jallorn, Nanoblack, Savannah? Little help?))

23. - Top - End - #1073

Rana steps back into the inn. She spots Audric looking annoyed and hurries over to the table, glancing back at Tayet as she goes, then slides back into her seat.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Troll in the Playground

Tayet

Tayet walks over to Rana, and, seeing no seat, stays standing near her. Head down, he looks over the tavern patrons as he walks to her, looking for anyone who might have lingering eyes on her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+9)[21]

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ettin in the Playground

Tayet
    Spoiler
    Show

Most people are too distracted by food and drink and the large masses of other people in the tavern to pay attention to you, her, or any of her apparent friends. But there are two humans in the corner near the bar. One is a small, beardless, young man in a baggy orange-brownish shirt sitting in a rather hunched over manner. His shoulder-length hair is trailing in his food, but he either hasn't noticed or doesn't care. The other man is over six feet tall with broad shoulders. He is bald, but his thick beard could rival that of a dwarf, if a dwarf would ever be so undignified as to let his beard turn into dreadlocks. And now they are definitely staring at Rana.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Troll in the Playground

Tayet

Tayet whispers, without moving his body, to Rana. "Tá dhá fir. Sa chúinne. Tá amháin gruaig ina bia. Eile, tá féasóg tiubh. Tréimhsí a gaze ar ort."

Sylvan
    Spoiler
    Show
    "There are two men. In the corner. One has hair in his food. Other has thick beard. Their gaze stays on you."

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ettin in the Playground

When Rana slips in the seat next to him, Audric just glances at her to make sure she is all right, but keeps his attention mainly on Jess, foused on the point he is trying to make. However, when the man with the eagle comes to stand right next to her, without saying a word to the rest of them, it becomes a little more difficult to ignore. "Ah... Rana. Would you... do the introductions, please?"

28. - Top - End - #1078

Rana looks slightly rattled, but otherwise unharmed.

"[sylvan]"

"This is Tayet. Audric, Llaars, Antal, and...Jess?" She points to each of the people sitting around the table as she introduces them. "It's...well, we can explain the details later."

Sylvan
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes, I know. I don't trust them."
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

29. - Top - End - #1079

Llaars

Llaars directed his attention elsewhere as Audric told Jess the groups story, having heard each telling of it prior. Once Rana returned, his gaze was directed to Tayet. "Tayet? Wasn't he the one that was tailin' us earlier? And what's with the note passin'?"

30. - Top - End - #1080

"Yes, and long story, tell you later. What have you decided to do while I've been out?"
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.