New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 15: Eye of the Tiger... Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    魂魄 are the two kanji of interest.

The first, 魂, is shin/tamashii.

Which is the second one? (魄)
    The first kanji if you read it in Mandarin is "Hun" and the second is "Po".

According to Chinese mythology, a person's soul has 2 components, the Hun represents the higher order thinking and stuff while the Po represents the baser subconsciousness. So if you look at it, its the Yang/Yin or Human/Beast sort of dichotomy. Hence to refer to the soul as a whole, we use 魂魄.

Typically ghosts and other undead are a result of the 魄 "Po" lingering after death when the 魂 Hun has long ascended into Heaven or moved on.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

2. - Top - End - #632
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post

According to Chinese mythology, a person's soul has 2 components, the Hun represents the higher order thinking and stuff while the Po represents the baser subconsciousness. So if you look at it, its the Yang/Yin or Human/Beast sort of dichotomy. Hence to refer to the soul as a whole, we use 魂魄.

Typically ghosts and other undead are a result of the 魄 "Po" lingering after death when the 魂 Hun has long ascended into Heaven or moved on.
    I have, ironically, been exposed to this concept before.

It was in a sourcebook by White Wolf called Kindred of the East.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ettin in the Playground

I saw it in Exalted, also form White Wolf. :P
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #634
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I saw it in Exalted, also form White Wolf. :P
    At least White Wolf followed the concept really closely.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

魂魄 are the two kanji of interest.

The first, 魂, is shin/tamashii.

Which is the second one? (魄)

it is read 魂 kon 魄 haku (but together konpaku). You can say "tama" and "tamashii" for both.

But 魂 is governing essence of mind. 魄 is governing essence of body. It is hard to explain very well. 魂 it is feeling of Yang and 魄 to be Yin, but it is simple meaning also Mind and Body. When human dies, 魂 leaves body quickly.

Sometimes it can say 魄 is 霊魂 "Reikon". Of question of ghost, it is more common use 霊 (but also can say "tamashii" so it is confusing). 幽霊 "Yuurei" is the dead body's spirit. It is after departed soul, so can call it "Boukon" (亡魂), so after death it is 霊魂. This is "ghost". Of course if you see Yuurei, it is probably obake.

Maybe you can say "ghost" is "departed kon" to be read such a way. (but seems strange).

When you die I think it is similar to Nicklance's explanation. Sorry to write confusing post.

Ah, it was very important for my character Hazuki of BleachITP, maybe it was remembered.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

6. - Top - End - #636
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I am wondering if the DM is still accepting applications at this point? Would like to know if its alright to drop my character stuff into the Registry and wait to get started.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

7. - Top - End - #637
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    There's no DM or DM's. For the most part it seems the character's been accepted so I'd say you can post it. Though I do have one minor...eh, it's not even a complaint and I don't care much. One part of Aya's Shikai is similar to my characters, the darkness zone specifically. Like I said...don't really care much, they're different enough not to be infringing. Just figured I'd say something regardless because it raises the question, what happens if they are brought up against one another. They're both darknesses no one can see through except the zanpakuto wielder so if they overlap then what?
    Very interesting. Let's explore that!

Though OOC-wise I guess we're blind to each other, and Aya might switch to Bai Wu Chang's AoE ability.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

8. - Top - End - #638
    FlayCrimsonwind
    Guest in the Playground

Alright, will post later, but it's 2:50 and I have work at 9:30, and thus need some rest. I'm 95% done; only the appearance has been left to work on, and that's definitely the easiest part of the work. Just as a pre-warning, I'm planning on taking the 11th seat of the 13th Division, and I wanted to make sure I alerted the captain.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'd imagine they'd both be blind in the overlap zone, though the question is...can Aya attack Takeshi in the overlap without being able to see him?
    One thing, the light from the lamp will be absorbed immediately, so if Takeshi depends on lights to see, he couldn't. But any non-sight senses that Takeshi relies on are still good to go.

And since your method of inducing darkness does not seem to rely on light at all, it has full effect on Aya.

As for Aya's darkness mode, her white blade will glow literally like a lightsaber, so if Takeshi's darkness effect is impenetrable, the glow will not be seen.

Since Aya's white blade in this mode can attack from any direction and angle within this field of effect regardless of her position through will alone, Takeshi would likely face two scenarios based on certain assumptions:

1) That Aya's white blade is still visible even in Takeshi's field of darkness, this means he could still see the white blade coming for him.

2) That Takeshi's field of darkness is impenetrable, he has no way of seeing the blade attack him even when it strikes.

And as for whether Aya will attack or not, she will just saturate her field of effect with her attacks until she feels resistance. Not very efficient nor is it even remotely useful if Takeshi just keeps moving, so its kinda like playing Battleship.

Edit: Also, I know Aya doesn't have Bankai, but it might be a good idea to post what it is so it can be reviewed now instead of when you want to get it in the story.
    I see. Alright, I'll post something when I get home.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

10. - Top - End - #640
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Takeshi can see through his darkness field as if it weren't there sort of like he was wearing spiritual night vision goggles so Aya's illumination or not piercing the darkness field wouldn't do much except in the overlap. If her shining light acts like a beacon and they're both in the overlap zone, he'd be able to see her by the blade. If they're not in the overlap, then it doesn't really matter.

He of course cannot see through her field which is the problem for him, unless her blade acts like a flashlight, which would thus provide him the ability to see her...without being seen himself. Which was more or less the question. Can she attack anyone in her darkness field without having to see them. You say it more or less makes the zone her blade and she can attack but if she cannot see Takeshi but he's in the overlap can she attack him.
    The blade is meant to be seen within Aya's field, so yes you can see the blade, but not Aya. The blade can be anywhere, so where you strike the blade may not be where Aya is.

And because of this, yes Aya can try to attack you, but no she will be swinging blindly because you have blinded her with your own sensory overload ability.

Mere musing on my part from here on.

It'd be an interesting combat for sure. Neither Takeshi or Aya's Darkness exemplify any evil aspect so classically found in fantasy and mythology. Aya's darkness is meant to represent Balance (In this regard opposed to light) there is a deeper underpinning to this whole thing. As you've stated, she seeks balance in her life, and her weapon is of course an extension of that. At least from what I've gleaned from the character itself.
    You are correct in your interpretation.

Takeshi's darkness, just like in combat, is less about the darkness and more about the things done inside of it. Takeshi's entire Zanpakuto is an example of Vice. Gambling, drugs, drinking and all those things done under the cover of darkness. It is as far from Balance as one can get for all intents and purposes. It is indulgence hidden, desires fulfilled and embellished fantasies given in to.

What's more interesting, to me at least, is that they are in essence a balancing force on their own merits. The characters themselves would probably have quite a bit to discuss.
    Aya however is not a stickler for Balance. To her, the entire concept of achieving Balance comes from the journey, not the end goal. In her own words "it is only with the existence of two polar opposites that a middle ground can be found. It is only within an axis that a central position exists. The state of Balance is not a static form, but a constant flow from one end to the other, and within that journey move closer and closer from each end to the other as possible, so that one can stay as close to the absolute center as possible between movements."

So Aya can go from a total hedonist to a really strict form of denial. This explains why Aya can freely switch between sword modes with only a small act of focus, it is the alternating effect that truly exemplifies Balance.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-12 at 06:03 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

11. - Top - End - #641
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I have editted my post too haha. Here's the later part reproduced.

You are correct in your interpretation of Aya's use of Darkness and her ideology.

Aya however is not a stickler for Balance. To her, the entire concept of achieving Balance comes from the journey, not the end goal. In her own words "it is only with the existence of two polar opposites that a middle ground can be found. It is only within an axis that a central position exists. The state of Balance is not a static form, but a constant flow from one end to the other, and within that journey move closer and closer from each end to the other as possible, so that one can stay as close to the absolute center as possible between movements."

So Aya can go from a total hedonist to a really strict form of denial. This explains why Aya can freely switch between sword modes with only a small act of focus, it is the alternating effect that truly exemplifies Balance.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

12. - Top - End - #642
    Firbolg in the Playground

I see, then my analogy is perhaps correct. Takeshi is a side of a coin where as Aya is the edge, neither bound by the face or the tail of the coin but wrapping around both.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, I'm not sure exactly how to play events in the Mortal World now... Draken, would Von Geister respond to a request for a mutual stand-down?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #644
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Here's Aya's bankai reproduced here. I know its too powerful, let's try to shave it down together.

Bankai
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bankai: 太极 黑白无常 Taiji Kokubyaku Mujou (Supreme Ultimate Black and White Guards of Impermanence)

Emerging from her training with the mythical representations of Yin and Yang as her zanpakuto spirits, Aya attains enlightenment on the journey towards Balance. As a result of this enlightenment, Kokubyaku Mujou finally accepts her not as a favorite student, but a delightful equal sharing in their understanding.

Bankai Form: Hakumujou straightens and shortens into a jian, the straight Chinese sword. The entire weapon turns white as the purest snow jade, glowing in the same color as well, resembling a star.

Kokumujou straightens and turns into a jian similar to Hakumujou. The entire weapon begins to turn into a form of black that it looks like a black hole, absorbing light near it, forming what appears to be an event horizon clinging very closely to the weapon's outline.

Aya's outfit transforms as well. Retaining her shinigami uniform and custom overcoat, but the colors separate themselves into two vertical halves, one black and one white with bright silvery lining and details. Her jet black eyes and white irises merge to form tomoe, three commas that seem to spiral around each other.

Bankai Abilities: Aya's Bankai confers the following abilities:

Enlightenment Combat mode: Being able to see and flow between one absolute to another without hinderance, Aya is able to parry and deflect attacks with the exact amount of force and at the precise vector, allowing attacks to stop perfectly without Aya's weapons pushing back, or the offending weapon driving forth. This perfect parry turns the energy clash between two opposing weapons into null, negating even master swordsmen's abilities to recover from a parry by using the rebounding effect to pull back their weapon, or taking away any momentum and energy gathered in a strike to overpower through a block by adding more energy as a follow up. Opponents against Aya seem to be halted by a vacuum of energy with every strike and stroke parried.

Solid projectiles completely lose their energy and drop harmlessly to the ground, even charged warheads or primed explosives lose any potential energy.

Enlightenment mode however cannot be used consecutively for extended periods of time. The spinning tomoe in Aya's eyes will slow down and require more willpower and energy to keep spinning at the normal pace as Aya parries and deflects in increasing succession.

This ability is ineffective against projectiles of pure energy. Requiring other more normal methods of defending.

Hakumujou: Hakumuhou's light shedding ability is increased by 5 times, making the area of effect a 50m radius. Aya's own shadow is no longer vulnerable to attack and damage. Furthermore, Kokumujou deals greater damage against targets whose morality or "sins" outweighs their "merits". This determination is subjective to the target's own belief system and confidence in one's morality or deprivation.

Kokumujou: Kokumujou's light consuming ability is increased by 10 times, making the area of effect a 50m radius. Hakumujou's glow is increased to that of a white Sun, allowing those who are immune to blindness by darkness to be blinded instead by the sharp piercing light that is enhanced and complimented by the pitch black darkness, even if one closes his eyes or uses a light-blocking effect or object. Furthermore, Hakumujou deals greater damage against targets whose morality or "merits" outweighs their "sins". This determination is subjective to the target's own belief system and confidence in one's morality or deprivation.

Limitations: As a result of the massive amounts of reiatsu needed to maintain this Bankai, the tomoe in Aya's eyes represents the time limit. Each eyes bear three tomoe spinning around each other, and each single tomoe disappears every 30 seconds, giving her a combined total of 3 minutes of usage time.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-12 at 07:05 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

15. - Top - End - #645

My only real problem with the Bankai is the "Sins" and "Merits" thing. We had a character early on that also had a move that acted as a "Judge" and...it caused a lot of issues in and of itself. My...worry and the only thing I'm going to bring up for it is this..

What or who determines what a "Sin" is and what a "Merit" is. It has a possibility..no...it will skirt forum rules and that's a big issue in and of itself. The problem is...one person's "Sin" isn't going to the be the same as someone else's. We play in a world where killing is acceptable under very light conditions. So murder (as defined by the taking of life) is a "Sin" sometimes. Merits are even more hazy and open to...a lot of OOC and IC opinions. The Sin/Merit thing is just a big can of worms that really...need not be opened. On a board with less severe punishments on toeing the rules and more open rules in general I'd be fine with the ability.

But the community of this game has more then enough to argue over without people quibbling over morality, which we really aren't allowed to do in the first place. Honestly, if you took out the Sin/Merit system and just boosted the attack power I'd be perfectly fine with the Bankai as it's presented.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2011-05-12 at 07:19 AM.
    My Current Works

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, the write-up states 'This determination is subjective to the target's own belief system and confidence in one's morality or deprivation.' Which removes those problems rather neatly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #647

I disagree. It's still got the possibility to cause OOC problems with people not agreeing with a person's assessments of their own belief system. I'll restate it's a can of worms that need not be opened. We've all got enough things to discuss without bringing up peoples OOC interpretations of a character's morality.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2011-05-12 at 07:26 AM.
    My Current Works

18. - Top - End - #648
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

My only real problem with the Bankai is the "Sins" and "Merits" thing. We had a character early on that also had a move that acted as a "Judge" and...it caused a lot of issues in and of itself. My...worry and the only thing I'm going to bring up for it is this..

What or who determines what a "Sin" is and what a "Merit" is. It has a possibility..no...it will skirt forum rules and that's a big issue in and of itself. The problem is...one person's "Sin" isn't going to the be the same as someone else's. We play in a world where killing is acceptable under very light conditions. So murder (as defined by the taking of life) is a "Sin" sometimes. Merits are even more hazy and open to...a lot of OOC and IC opinions. The Sin/Merit thing is just a big can of worms that really...need not be opened. On a board with less severe punishments on toeing the rules and more open rules in general I'd be fine with the ability.

But the community of this game has more then enough to argue over without people quibbling over morality, which we really aren't allowed to do in the first place. Honestly, if you took out the Sin/Merit system and just boosted the attack power I'd be perfectly fine with the Bankai as it's presented.
    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Actually, the write-up states 'This determination is subjective to the target's own belief system and confidence in one's morality or deprivation.' Which removes those problems rather neatly.
    I disagree. It's still got the possibility to cause OOC problems with people not agreeing with a person's assessments of their own belief system. I'll restate it's a can of worms that need not be opened. We've all got enough things to discuss without bringing up peoples OOC interpretations of a character's morality.
    With the clause I've written, I'm leaving the possibility of increased damage entirely to the attacked target himself/herself. But yes I see the problem.

I guess I'll leave the quality of "Sin" and "Merit" and turn it into "Anyone whose powers involve Light" and "Anyone whose powers involve Darkness" to drive the light and dark dichotomy home.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

19. - Top - End - #649

I just want to say again, I don't dislike the idea. I simply am stating the opinion out of worry that it will cause problems. Otherwise I'd have kept my fool mouth shut.
    My Current Works

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I think the dark/light centered ability will cause fewer arguments, has a deeper connection to the shikai, and even helps against a couple of my characters (Masaru for light, and Vicente for darkness).

I am a bit concerned about the absolute nature of her defense mode. Perhaps it's absolute against solid projectiles, nearly absolute against physical melds attacks (so that swordmasters aren't made totally useless), and then leave it unable to affect energy attacks? I realize there's a time limit, but 3 minutes can be a long time.

Just a suggestion.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

21. - Top - End - #651
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I just want to say again, I don't dislike the idea. I simply am stating the opinion out of worry that it will cause problems. Otherwise I'd have kept my fool mouth shut.
    No worries mate, the reason why I ask for second opinions is because I want to participate without disrupting anyone's ability to have fun at the same time.

I guess I shall post Aya's stuff this this bankai stuff altered for light/darkness affinity for now, maybe alter the duration a bit more.

Would it be alright with you if Aya knows Takeshi for quite some time already? Especially during her days in the Academy?

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I think the dark/light centered ability will cause fewer arguments, has a deeper connection to the shikai, and even helps against a couple of my characters (Masaru for light, and Vicente for darkness).

I am a bit concerned about the absolute nature of her defense mode. Perhaps it's absolute against solid projectiles, nearly absolute against physical melds attacks (so that swordmasters aren't made totally useless), and then leave it unable to affect energy attacks? I realize there's a time limit, but 3 minutes can be a long time.

Just a suggestion.
    Hmm, would you suggest then that its not absolute if the opposing attack has a stronger/denser reiatsu than Aya's? In a sense that pure brute force can still overpower this perfect parry ability.

As for energy attacks, would you rather her blades be able to absorb them? I could use a recharge mechanism.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-12 at 08:53 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

22. - Top - End - #652
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, having an ability that makes pure-physical combatants basically useless in addition to doing other stuff is kinda strong. I think it's very interesting take, surely, but I'm not sure whether it is quite balanced or whether it's the best way to do it. I would probably say that blocking projectiles should be harder than blocking sword strikes, but that's just me.

I express the same concern about "sins" and "merits" and the disagreement that may or may not ensue. I don't think it's a necessary buff to the strength, the abilities are naturally increased in power just fine, I believe.

Edit: Also, how are Hell Butterflies at all related to kidou, and how would any knowledge of it help you examine them and "create your own"?
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-05-12 at 09:28 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

23. - Top - End - #653
    Orc in the Playground

Mkay, I don't particularly enjoy being the bad guy, but there are some issues that need to be addressed...

Riccaru, Sereg is being assaulted on multiple sides by several incredibly gifted individuals, two of which are Quincy (a species regarded for either danmaku-style attacks or Bullseye precision), and he hasn't suffered more than a relatively minor scratch in the entire fight. I realize he's in Ressurreccion, he's an Espada and all, but even Genoveva suffered more wounds under considerably less pressure. Taking a couple of more serious hits is no demerit to his strength, not with half a dozen attackers breathing down his neck.

Innis, I'm sorry, but I just don't see Takeshi being able to pull what you describe in the Mortal World post in the timeframe you have mentioned. Von Geister had to pull the Reiatsu vampire schtick on two Espada-class Arrancar to rearrange his whole city in a matter of several hours (bear in mind, the city districts were arranged in less time, but the royal palace is still under construction); Takeshi has essentially cast Genesis (to use a D&D equivalent) in a much shorter amount of time (even if he IS accompanied by a contingent of Kido Corps troops, they simply don't have the raw amount of power necessary). I would be able to (begrudginly) accept this if the whole demiplane thing had been at least half-prepared in advance, but that's not the case - and this is before we consider the implications of a Kidou "nuke" that even mortals can see. I'd REALLY appreciate if you amended your post in light of these points.

Relax, it's just NOT as dramatically appropriate to storm a half-built den of evil. It's not like Seireitei has a GPS chip implanted on every Shinigami's brain - it will take Gotei at least some time to formulate a proper response and assemble a team for this. So you can allow Takeshi to take some time before he's fully prepared. You're setting him up as an antagonist, and that's fine - just keep in mind he's dealing with a really large organization that's essentially provided him with everything he knows. He simply doesn't have much in terms of surprises he can pull.

Anyway, I've said my piece. I'm trying to be as non-confrontational as possible here, and I hope you understand what the worries are in this case.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Okay, I'm not sure exactly how to play events in the Mortal World now... Draken, would Von Geister respond to a request for a mutual stand-down?
    Better than you imagine, but he is not going to be talked down from neutralizing the quincy troublemaker beforehand.

Mayumi should just be thankful that her live self is about as much of a delicacy to him as chicks boiled inside the egg are to me.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #655
    Orc in the Playground

...Draken, you effin' SCARE me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Yeah, having an ability that makes pure-physical combatants basically useless in addition to doing other stuff is kinda strong. I think it's very interesting take, surely, but I'm not sure whether it is quite balanced or whether it's the best way to do it. I would probably say that blocking projectiles should be harder than blocking sword strikes, but that's just me.

I express the same concern about "sins" and "merits" and the disagreement that may or may not ensue. I don't think it's a necessary buff to the strength, the abilities are naturally increased in power just fine, I believe.

Edit: Also, how are Hell Butterflies at all related to kidou, and how would any knowledge of it help you examine them and "create your own"?
    Sereg's Ressurreccion actually kinda does that... He doesn't get to attack while in "ha-ha, can't cut me" mode, but he still obscures sight and prevents physical damage.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-05-12 at 09:35 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #656
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Ok I'll re-write her Enlightenment Defense mode.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hmm, would you suggest then that its not absolute if the opposing attack has a stronger/denser reiatsu than Aya's? In a sense that pure brute force can still overpower this perfect parry ability.

As for energy attacks, would you rather her blades be able to absorb them? I could use a recharge mechanism.
    Ithink the abilities (or lack thereof) are fine for physical projectiles and energy attacks; I would say leave them as is.

Your proposed compromise here sounds sensible; it might also happen that a more skilled but weaker opponent will find a way to get a few hits in.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Here's the re-written Bankai

Bankai
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bankai: 太极 黑白无常 Taiji Kokubyaku Mujou (Supreme Ultimate Black and White Guards of Impermanence)

Emerging from her training with the mythical representations of Yin and Yang as her zanpakuto spirits, Aya attains enlightenment on the journey towards Balance. As a result of this enlightenment, Kokubyaku Mujou finally accepts her not as a favorite student, but a delightful equal sharing in their understanding.

Bankai Form: Hakumujou straightens and shortens into a jian the straight Chinese sword. The entire weapon turns white as the purest snow jade, glowing in the same color as well, resembling a star.

Kokumujou straightens and turns into a jian similar to Hakumujou. The entire weapon begins to turn into a form of black that it looks like a black hole, absorbing light near it, forming what appears to be an event horizon clinging very closely to the weapon's outline.

Aya's outfit transforms as well. Retaining her shinigami uniform and custom overcoat, but the colors separate themselves into two vertical halves, one black and one white with bright silvery lining and details. Her jet black eyes and white irises merge to form tomoe, three commas that seem to spiral around each other.

Bankai Abilities: Aya's Bankai confers the following abilities:

Enlightenment mode: By being able to perceive the active and reactive forces of the universe and to enter its ebb and flow without obstruction and hindrance, Aya gains the ability to calculate energy flow in a manner of precision unparalleled.

This ability allows Aya to apply these calculations into combat, giving her the automatic insight in the amount of energy required and the vector of position in order to execute a perfect parry or block. This allows her to not only predict the enemy's moves but also to negate them without expending too much or too little energy and movement, turning Aya into the eye of the storm.

In non-combat or combat-based analytical applications, Aya is able to use the same ability to process calculations specific to type, amount, flow, density and other qualitative types of energy analysis to aid her in battle. Once again, having knowledge is one thing, being able to do anything about it would be another. And since this knowledge will not dissipate in Aya's mind once Bankai ends, Aya is able to learn (within her own learning capabilities) and develop a memory archive of analyzed attacks and energies. If Aya chooses to train specifically to counter a specific being, she certainly is able to gain an edge, provided the same being did not improve itself further as time goes by. To call Enlightenment mode a study aid is not wholly inaccurate, but given the dynamic nature of development, the extra information this ability grants may or may not be useful in the long run unless consistently added upon.

This ability however does not enable Aya to keep up with opponents far superior to her in combat ability. In matters that require reaction and agility and other such abilities, Aya's own training and capabilities is essential in taking advantage of Enlightenment mode.

With regards to physical projectiles, the ability to perfectly negate their vector and energy is also dependent on Aya's ability to anticipate and react to them, as well as having enough stamina or reiatsu to halt the attacks.

For energy projectiles, the ability to perceive energy allows Aya to absorb them in order to refresh herself. By negating the offensive aspects of the energy and turning it into neutral energy, Aya is able to tap into this additional amount of spiritual energy in order to lighten the burden of fueling her Bankai with her own power. However, Aya is unable to do much in the process of absorbing the energy, where the larger the amount, the longer it takes. Aya is still unable to process energy far larger than her own capacity or ability to project, hence any beings superior to her in reiatsu could simply overpower her ability to absorb the energy by overloading her, potentially ending her Bankai abruptly.

Hakumujou: Hakumuhou's light shedding ability is increased by 5 times, making the area of effect a 50m radius. Aya's own shadow is no longer vulnerable to attack and damage. Furthermore, Kokumujou deals greater damage against targets whose reiatsu and reiryoku are based upon the concept or essence of "Light" or "Brightness".

Kokumujou: Kokumujou's light consuming ability is increased by 10 times, making the area of effect a 50m radius. Hakumujou's glow is increased to that of a white Sun, allowing those who are immune to blindness by darkness to be blinded instead by the sharp piercing light that is enhanced and complimented by the pitch black darkness, even if one closes his eyes or uses a light-blocking effect or object. Furthermore, Hakumujou deals greater damage against targets whose reiatsu and reiryoku are based upon the concept or essence of "Darkness" or "Shadows".

Limitations: As a result of the massive amounts of reiatsu needed to maintain this Bankai, the tomoe in Aya's eyes represents the time limit. Each eyes bear three tomoe spinning around each other, and each single tomoe disappears every 60 seconds, giving her a combined total of 6 minutes of usage time.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-12 at 09:54 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

29. - Top - End - #659
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Another question now that I've posted my character on the Registry. How should I start? Which thread would be appropriate?
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Another question now that I've posted my character on the Registry. How should I start? Which thread would be appropriate?
    The Soul Society thread would be th best place. Just jump right in!