New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 15: Eye of the Tiger... Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    I am very sorry about my prolonged absence, and it is going to continue. I am afraid I won't be around till school ends, as it is the end of the year and with lots of projects I really need to work, and this place does seem to be one of my major contributors to my procrastination. I will try to check in every once in a while, maybe RP if absolutely necessary, but otherwise I entrust both Kyasarin and Zeikobuburraku to InyutheBeatIs, and well Shiro i in his own little world of side-plot, and I doubt he will have any effect on the story whatsoever, but in the obscene event where he does become important, I leave him to Riccaru.

I promise once school ends I will try to make up as much as I can for my absence. I am very sorry and I feel terrible, but do not assume in any ways that I am quitting this RP.
    . Me? Anyway, I'm sure we all understand about the cluster of homework and projects that is the end of the school year. Hope you do well in your acedemics and look forward to seeing you again when you're done. We've all had things in life muscle in, so we know what you mean.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

2. - Top - End - #692
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    . Me? Anyway, I'm sure we all understand about the cluster of homework and projects that is the end of the school year. Hope you do well in your acedemics and look forward to seeing you again when you're done. We've all had things in life muscle in, so we know what you mean.
    Yes you, frankly because you are the only person who has had any interaction with him in Soul Society, also he is living with your characters.

And thanks for understanding.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

Darn it... really bad timing, but I'm going away this weekend for a triathlon. Not sure who to let control Natsuko and the Strike team during that time...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #694
    Orc in the Playground

Hm, perhaps I should adapt my post for Ryouichi to take charge then.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #695
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I don't wish to proceed too quickly, I'll let Sucrose (if he's interested) and Kuroimaken to respond before Aya proceeds.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    I don't wish to proceed too quickly, I'll let Sucrose (if he's interested) and Kuroimaken to respond before Aya proceeds.
    Thank you for the opportunity, but it seems as though Aya and Shishiou have the matter well in hand, and I haven't noticed any generalized call for backup. So, I shan't be intruding just yet.

Perhaps Goro could meet up with them once they're ready to go back to base.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, that could work.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #698
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Thank you for the opportunity, but it seems as though Aya and Shishiou have the matter well in hand, and I haven't noticed any generalized call for backup. So, I shan't be intruding just yet.

Perhaps Goro could meet up with them once they're ready to go back to base.
    Fair enough. Cya back at base :D
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

9. - Top - End - #699
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I should leave this to those expert interrogation officers back at the 10th. Good time to lead Goro back into the action to retrieve information from them.

Aaand back to you Sucrose. Its your go time.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-13 at 12:49 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Does Goro have much interrogation skill, Sucrose? I can add Karashi to the party if you'd like a second hand there. Up to you.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

11. - Top - End - #701
    Firbolg in the Playground

A clarification, if I may. There is nothing stopping the Eight from using reiatsu at this point other then not being able to move yes?
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    A clarification, if I may. There is nothing stopping the Eight from using reiatsu at this point other then not being able to move yes?
    None of the Bakudo spells have so-called "anti-magic" properties. So yeah, they could.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

13. - Top - End - #703

Thank you Just didn't want this to seem pulled from the usual place. The declaration is an amended poem written by Jo Gwang-jo before he was killed.

Incidentally: Takeshi's theme song
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2011-05-13 at 04:20 AM.
    My Current Works

14. - Top - End - #704
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Thank you Just didn't want this to seem pulled from the usual place. The declaration is an amended poem written by Jo Gwang-jo before he was killed.

Incidentally: Takeshi's theme song
    Going to have to need some extra clarifications, who's charred bodies?
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

15. - Top - End - #705

The ex-Kido Members.
    My Current Works

16. - Top - End - #706
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The ex-Kido Members.
    Until I find something better, this is Aya's theme song

Lyrics
    Spoiler
    Show
    The fluttering snowflakes are the stars' shards; reaching your hands into the sky,
    you can feel our coming-and-going wishes for each other, can't you?
    Now everything has become shrouded in a shade of monochrome.

The white breaths I softly let out are shaped like the words I wanted to convey.
    Without a doubt, with just their warmth, the sky has become slightly brighter.

The white breaths I softly let out are shaped like the words I wanted to convey.
    Without a doubt, with just their warmth, the sky has become slightly brighter.

When we fold our wings, soaked in sorrow, over each other, they will turn pure white
    and become our gentle courage, as we wade towards each's own future.

My heart is bursting with excitement as I await the dawn of this secluded world.
    As soon as I bring my light with me on a journey, a new "tomorrow" will begin within me.
    The fluttering snowflakes are the stars' shards; reaching my hands into the sky,
    I will always believe in our coming-and-going wishes for each other.

Our strong wills are now in motion, reflecting our waxing-and-waning selves.
    "I will persevere to the end." We smile brightly, with the compass glittering in our eyes.

Defrosting our frozen memories, now together with the love we have found,
    and without looking back, let's sense each other from the sky's two opposite shores.

Each following our own trajectories, even if we would never be able to meet again,
    we will surely be connected somewhere in this light-brimming galaxy.
    The dissipating stars, like fine sands, tenderly caresses my bosom again.
    As I quietly fall into a slumber, the afterimages of my dream
    will still be shrouded in a shade of monochrome

My heart is bursting with excitement as I await the dawn of this secluded world.
    As soon as I bring my light with me on a journey, a new "tomorrow" will begin within me.
    The fluttering snowflakes are the stars' shards; reaching my hands into the sky,
    I will always believe in our coming-and-going wishes for each other.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

17. - Top - End - #707

Might I offer this? Or the Japanese Version
    My Current Works

18. - Top - End - #708
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Might I offer this? Or the Japanese Version
    Yeah Bad Apple was my second choice.

But I dunno, Bad Apple had a little too much melancholy, and draws too closely to inspiration sources for Aya.

Then again, its very difficult to find nice songs with light/dark themes that aren't emo or close to emo.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-13 at 06:09 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

19. - Top - End - #709
    Orc in the Playground

By the way, they probably shouldn't be able to cast or at least direct Kidou while bound, due to the hand movements necessary. I'm perfectly willing to buy that they're crazy enough to have a suicide switch though.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ettin in the Playground

Clearly, they took still spell.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #711
    Orc in the Playground

Totally saw that joke coming.

It's just that there's little suggestion in Bleach Still Spell is even possible. Minor nitpick, is all.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Totally saw that joke coming.

It's just that there's little suggestion in Bleach Still Spell is even possible. Minor nitpick, is all.
    Well, we have seen silent spell and... Linked power.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #713

By the way, they probably shouldn't be able to cast or at least direct Kidou while bound, due to the hand movements necessary. I'm perfectly willing to buy that they're crazy enough to have a suicide switch though.
    Kido spells don't all require motions, Tsuzuri Raiden for example only requires contact with what you're going to send the electricity through. They can certainly cast it freely if they are able to. They all did what the spell requires before casting it. Kido=/=D&D magic or any fantasy magic.

Also, I certainly understand that you think their crazy, but it really does bother me when people state their opinions as fact. Sorry if it comes off a little harsh, but...suicide is actually something very close to home and it actually really offends me when it's at all linked to "being crazy" as it's only cause. Certainly none of us have ever been in a position that we felt so strongly about we'd rather die then give in. That isn't the case for many people in history and it certainly isn't the case that they were "Insane".
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2011-05-13 at 04:36 PM.
    My Current Works

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Considering the fact that just a couple of hours ago, they were content, loyal members of Soul Society, and suddenly they're frying themselves without a blink...It shouldn't be a shock some people see such a thing as mentally disturbed. I know it seemed rather jarring to me; one emotional speech on shaky (at best) ground, and suddenly they're killing themselves? Kind of hard to swallow.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

25. - Top - End - #715

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Considering the fact that just a couple of hours ago, they were content, loyal members of Soul Society, and suddenly they're frying themselves without a blink
    There is no evidence for this. They clearly weren't if they followed Takeshi. And as stated above, no one here has ever believed something hard enough that they'd rather kill themselves then lose it.

It shouldn't be a shock some people see such a thing as mentally disturbed. I know it seemed rather jarring to me; one emotional speech on shaky (at best) ground, and suddenly they're killing themselves? Kind of hard to swallow.
    1. No one is saying it isn't supposed to be jarring. In fact, it's the reason I took the option as a story point. I -WANTED- it to be jarring. For the characters. I mean, I'm sure it'd be jarring for the players to but OOC opinions are not the net goal for every action I take for the story. They're a by-product. If you choose to air them that's fine but they're still just opinions.

2. It is your opinion only that his speech is on shakey ground. While your allowed to have it and I certainly won't try to deny you it...it really bugs me when people start using their personal opinion as fact. Especially when it's your OOC opinion on IC events. Once again, the ex-Kido Corp members certainly don't agree with your OOC assessment.

3. Suicide is never easy to accept, regardless of the circumstances. As someone who has attempted it more then once it's not easy for -me- to accept. But quite frankly I am incredibly insulted when people claim the only type of people who would try or go through with killing themselves are "crazy." I know I am certainly not, and wasn't when I tried it.

Again, really sorry if this comes off as harsh, but the suicide issue is a bit of a hot button for me for the above reason. And I've always been really bugged when OOC opinions start to effect IC game events. I'll even go so far as to say that I do not OOCly agree with Takeshi or the Kido Corp Members on a lot of grounds.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2011-05-13 at 05:27 PM.
    My Current Works

26. - Top - End - #716
    Orc in the Playground

Apologies if that offended you personally, but the whole cult mentality reeks fairly strongly of insanity to me; or at least brainwashing. As KD said, the fact that their behavior never really raised any red flags before makes it a little too shocking to accept their behavior as martyrdom except by their own definition. (And it's not like they couldn't have bit their tongues off to prevent interrogation from yielding results. Soul Society doesn't have mindreaders. OR mind-reading Kidou for that matter.)

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #717

Apologies if that offended you personally, but the whole cult mentality reeks fairly strongly of insanity to me; or at least brainwashing. As KD said, the fact that their behavior never really raised any red flags before makes it a little too shocking to accept their behavior as martyrdom except by their own definition. (And it's not like they couldn't have bit their tongues off to prevent interrogation from yielding results. Soul Society doesn't have mindreaders. OR mind-reading Kidou for that matter.)
    I strongly agree with you OOCly and as I've said, I don't believe them to be matyrs. I don't believe them to be crazy either, I believe them to have taken the actions they felt were needed at the time. They could have bitten off their tongues, but they were caught and to them....they lost the honor they held. There was no price acceptable but killing themselves. And honestly, killing yourself in Soul Society just means you get reborn into the Mortal World. As they see it...they're returning "Home."

The thing is, and this is going with the "No mind readers" thing...the Gotei had little interaction with the majority of the Kido Corp. It'd be hard for them to see any red flags at all because honestly...the Kido Corp is their own organization. It -SHOULD- be worrying to the Gotei that the Kido Corp (Or some of them) habor such feelings to them. This is totally out of no where for the Gotei for sure. But it's -not- totally out there for the Kido Corp as written.

I've posted several times that Chen shut off the Gotei as much as possible from the Gotei because she was a paranoid lunatic (and I mean that as yes, Chen was -insane-). She spread the opinion that the Gotei were power hungry polititics more than warriors and used the absorption of the Stealth Force to prove that it might happen to the Kido Corp one day. While most didn't agree with her the seeds were planted in others. Chen ran the whole of the Kido Corp as a religious think tank built on the Thunder Sage and slandered the Gotei as often as she could when in the cups. Which was often.

Takeshi is a product of Chen, as linked several times she raised him after he got out of the Rukon. After her Vice Captain left she groomed Takeshi to be her successor. From the get go Takeshi was already a fairly unstable and damaged kid, working from a younger age as a criminal in a rough part of the Rukon. Instead of some nurturing he was taken in by a slowly worsening mad woman. Some of it was certain to rub off on him.

So when she "Died" and forced him to attach her to some machine in some mad scheme, he tried to reach out after a -very- long time (As written) to the Gotei. He wanted to revamp the Kido Corp because honestly it's a mess and not at all helpful for anything but confusing everyone. Instead of accepting his jurisdiction as the Kido Commander, he was fought at every step until his desire to -improve- his peoples station and place they live. What's more, the Gotei really actually is making deals with the Arrancar, something his religious teachings claims is quite frankly heretical.

So yes, while plenty of people can claim OOCly or ICly he's on shakey ground...he certainly doesn't think so with the above provided. Once again, I really don't mean this to come off harsh. I'm not really upset...it's just something I feel very strongly about. I really don't want to provoke an argument or anything
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2011-05-13 at 05:42 PM.
    My Current Works

28. - Top - End - #718
    Orc in the Playground

It never hurts to double-check. I tend to be a little touchy about the weirdest things myself (like supporting characters whose sole purpose in the plot is to be a monster's first, hapless and horridly mangled victim).

It is really uncommon for a villain or antagonist to do something he actually finds WRONG (likes or dislikes notwithstanding; I'm speaking in terms of morals here) without strong coercion or motive. Takeshi's environment pretty much made his bed for him in this case.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #719

Indeed it did. Though for the record he doesn't believe what he's doing is -right- either. This goes beyond morals, this goes on to Duty. He doesn't think what he's doing is the right course but he thinks it's the -only- course. So he's going to do it and stick to it regardless of his personal desire not to.
    My Current Works

30. - Top - End - #720
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Let's see how much out of the box Aya is willing to get in order to enter the Mortal World and find Takeshi.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]