New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 15: Eye of the Tiger... Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Actually, it's more of a pride thing than a heartbreak thing.

EDIT: I'm reminded of something that may be interesting for the 12th... Hey Draken, how does Kazuo feel about weaponizing Sekkiseki?
    He feels that purely EMP based weapons are poor substitutes to good old uranium.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Orc in the Playground

I'm talking MELEE weapons, man!!
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Man, typing color tags on this thing is tedious. No more IC posts until I'm home.

Nick: I don't have the exact description of the cell, so I am going to wing it.

Riccaru: Um...are we going to find the chamber radically altered or anything? Or did Sereg only take samples?
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Man, typing color tags on this thing is tedious. No more IC posts until I'm home.

Nick: I don't have the exact description of the cell, so I am going to wing it.

Riccaru: Um...are we going to find the chamber radically altered or anything? Or did Sereg only take samples?
    No worries mate, Go ahead and wing it.

Oh and since there's no 4th Division Captain, I'll write one up and set it as an NPC by this weekend.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-19 at 10:48 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    So,

I am just about getting around to posting. I still have to finish up some work. I am still aiming for tomorrow.

Can someone PLEASE tell me what time it is in each thread? I just dont want to make a mistake.

Soul Society:
    -how many days since the invasion and collapse? and when did Kido Corps have all that stuff go down?

Mortal World:
    -how many days since the Espada attacked?

Hueco Mundo:
    -How many days since Genoveva left (and/or when Las Noches towers all came to the center)

I really appreciate the help.
    There's no single timeframe at the moment. Some characters have hurried as much as 11 days ahead of others in Soul Society. Some are still lingering in the day of the invasion.

In Soul Society, defection of Kido Corps happened immediatly after the invasion cooled down. Sereg's and Von Geister's incursion to Mortal World took place concurrently.

It is impossible to say how long Genoveva's been gone, due to lack of distinct days in Hueco Mundo. However, it has been several, maybe as many as 11, after the invasion.

So, you could post for any of the days up to the 11th after the invasion. Be wary of temporal snarls, though!

(To naysayers about the Wiki: keeping these sorts of things clear was the reason I started keeping track of things in the first place, because I got tired of explaining it again every other page. Still think it was useless? )
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    It would be no deader than a spiritual entity locked inside a prison of sekiseki. Deathstone nulifies spiritual energy, it doesn't actually kill spiritual beings.

It is noteworthy that the majority of spiritual beings (including plus souls, rukon citizens, the tiniest of hollows and animals/plants of the spiritual world) have practically or absolutely no spiritual energy at all.

Sekiseki would disrupt Von Geister's ability to force it to grow, however.
    My rationale is that since Sekkiseki ties up ambient Reishi, the tissue would have nothing to feed on. It's also an important distinction since while creatures you mentioned indeed lack Reiatsu and Reiryoku, they're still made up from Reishi, like everything spiritual.

I'm reminded of something that may be interesting for the 12th... Hey Draken, how does Kazuo feel about weaponizing Sekkiseki? I'm talking MELEE weapons, man!!
    Sekkiseki might be implacable to known*) spiritual energies, but it's still stone. Also, subject to laws of mechanics, otherwise no spirit could lift it, for example. We don't know much of Sekkiseki's qualities beyond its spiritual immunity, but why do you assume it makes a good weapon? To give a point of comparion, granite is a good building material, but as far as I know thrown rocks is the extent of weaponry its been used for. It couldn't keep a blade for the heck of it, and any club made of it would be too heavy or fragile to be really used.

The best I think could be made from Sekkiseki would be cannon balls... but those wouldn't necessarily be anymore effective than Kido or smaller metal ammuniton, never mind that they would be a pain to transport.

Overall, any Shinigami worth his salt can be more destructive than conventional weaponry using Sekkiseki. It just isn't worth it. Save the rare mineral for construction, for pity's sake!

*) obviously there's some way to mine and craft it, nevermind keeping it afloat hundreds of yards above ground.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-05-19 at 11:04 AM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Sekkiseki...bullets.

Man any being that is spiritual will feel the effects of Sekkiseki in their bodies like minute amounts of silver in a werewolf's body.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Sekkiseki...bullets.

Man any being that is spiritual will feel the effects of Sekkiseki in their bodies like minute amounts of silver in a werewolf's body.
    Not anymore useful than metal bullets. Here's why:

When Kuukaku demonstrates Sekkiseki's qualities, the ground around (and below) the stone shrapnell is completely devastated, while the stone remains unharmed - but so does Kuukaku's hand! This means that while Sekkiseki stops any spiritual assault, if the assaulting spirit's integrity is strong enough to weather the blow, it remains unharmed as well.

In practice, this means Sekkiseki doesn't really have advantage over more abundant materials in piercing armor. Yes, it's "poisonous"... but so would be actual poison darts.

EDIT: And still, you can teach Shinigami Hado to allow them to create artillery-level blasts, and on the Arrancar side, they already know Cero and Bala, which is specifically called out as bullet-like. Why go all the trouble of manufacturing and giving them weighty equipment?
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-05-19 at 11:20 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    There's no single timeframe at the moment. Some characters have hurried as much as 11 days ahead of others in Soul Society. Some are still lingering in the day of the invasion.

In Soul Society, defection of Kido Corps happened immediatly after the invasion cooled down. Sereg's and Von Geister's incursion to Mortal World took place concurrently.

It is impossible to say how long Genoveva's been gone, due to lack of distinct days in Hueco Mundo. However, it has been several, maybe as many as 11, after the invasion.

So, you could post for any of the days up to the 11th after the invasion. Be wary of temporal snarls, though!

(To naysayers about the Wiki: keeping these sorts of things clear was the reason I started keeping track of things in the first place, because I got tired of explaining it again every other page. Still think it was useless? )

My rationale is that since Sekkiseki ties up ambient Reishi, the tissue would have nothing to feed on. It's also an important distinction since while creatures you mentioned indeed lack Reiatsu and Reiryoku, they're still made up from Reishi, like everything spiritual.

Sekkiseki might be implacable to known*) spiritual energies, but it's still stone. Also, subject to laws of mechanics, otherwise no spirit could lift it, for example. We don't know much of Sekkiseki's qualities beyond its spiritual immunity, but why do you assume it makes a good weapon? To give a point of comparion, granite is a good building material, but as far as I know thrown rocks is the extent of weaponry its been used for. It couldn't keep a blade for the heck of it, and any club made of it would be too heavy or fragile to be really used.

The best I think could be made from Sekkiseki would be cannon balls... but those wouldn't necessarily be anymore effective than Kido or smaller metal ammuniton, never mind that they would be a pain to transport.

Overall, any Shinigami worth his salt can be more destructive than conventional weaponry using Sekkiseki. It just isn't worth it. Save the rare mineral for construction, for pity's sake!

*) obviously there's some way to mine and craft it, nevermind keeping it afloat hundreds of yards above ground.
    Actually, there is no evidence in canon that suggests sekkiseki cannot be smelted (unlike granite). In fact, if the Soul Society arc is any indication, those giant walls look more like they're made of METAL rather than concrete. If it were 'just rock', you wouldn't be able to build walls that tall with it either.

In any case, a sekkiseki weapon could have its uses (as Kazuma is plainly demonstrating on his sparring match with Aya), provided the user has at least a moderate degree of martial skill. Kazuma's expertise is zanjutsu so he picked up the fancy tricks really fast; I dread to think what Hannibal would be able to do with such a weapon.

And like you said yourself, spirits themselves ARE made of Reishi, so the material is anathema to them, wound-wise; at the very least it could prevent or slow down regeneration.

Either way I wasn't suggesting ranged weaponry. Melee weaponry has the advantage of being reusable and not requiring a firing mechanism.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ettin in the Playground

I dread to think what Hannibal would be able to do with such a weapon.
    The answer is: less than with Espírito de Ferro. A chunk of Sekkiseki doesn't turn into a cloud of steam, a sword, a bow, a chain, a club or an axe if demanded. In the void or in the Mortal World, Sekkiseki might even get in his way, making airwalking harder or impossible. Lastly, it'd be heavier and not as sharp, so it wouldn't be as maneuvrable or damaging.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ettin in the Playground

That assumes a lack of a form of circulatory system to bring nourishment from the other regions of the city to those tied up in the sekiseki. One such structure would be the palacio real, which can easily be thought of as the main body of a titanic sponge filtering the ocean air for sustenance.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Orc in the Playground

The answer is: less than with Espírito de Ferro. A chunk of Sekkiseki doesn't turn into a cloud of steam, a sword, a bow, a chain, a club or an axe if demanded. In the void or in the Mortal World, Sekkiseki might even get in his way, making airwalking harder or impossible. Lastly, it'd be heavier and not as sharp, so it wouldn't be as maneuvrable or damaging.
    I am not suggesting sekkiseki weapons would be better than zanpakutou. In fact, it never crossed my mind.

But fact remains they CAN be useful. Especially for unseated or very high-seated Shinigami (like 25th seat).

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Ettin in the Playground

And because I forgot to mention, Kazuo's opinion is that armament without explosive ranged power is not worth designing. Every shinigami has a bloody zampakutou for a bloody reason. Even his zanpakutou is a monstrosity for melee combat (it is the only reason he is dangerous in melee, in fact).
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Orc in the Playground

I guess carrying a sekkiseki sword as a secondary weapon shall remain Kazuma's schtick, then.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Barbarian in the Playground

@KD: He just took samples and a little bit of sekiseki from the other caverns as well.

@Sekiseki weapons: Sereg's having a spear fashioned that's sekiseki on the inside but covered with a thin layer of metal to keep the edge.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Pixie in the Playground

im gonna build a seki seki set of armor! put it all around me, and just get all Gundum on everyone

:P

16. - Top - End - #1216

im gonna build a seki seki set of armor! put it all around me, and just get all Gundum on everyone

:P
    Maybe a dumb question. But how would you move it?

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Maybe a dumb question. But how would you move it?
    i dunno...electronics? but that is spiritual stuff too... hmmm....guess it woudl have to be a body suit or something...and as FF explained, if i am strong enough i can move it i guess with my own spiritual strength...

im obviously kidding though....

but it makes ya think..why not a mechanical SEKI SEKI Godzilla!

Mecha-Seki-Godzilla!

All mechanical, all internal parts, all springs etc. (if smelted), made from Seki Seki.

Goes on a rampage!!

sideplot maybe? maybe one of the Gate Guardians dies...and they need a stand in! 12th decided to try out their Seki-Mecha! Goes haywire! Seretei, with firebreathing seki godzilla trampling all around!!

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Orc in the Playground

Let's save it for an omake episode.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Pixie in the Playground

Let's save it for an omake episode.
    awesome!!!

20. - Top - End - #1220

i dunno...electronics? but that is spiritual stuff too... hmmm....guess it woudl have to be a body suit or something...and as FF explained, if i am strong enough i can move it i guess with my own spiritual strength...

im obviously kidding though....

but it makes ya think..why not a mechanical SEKI SEKI Godzilla!

Mecha-Seki-Godzilla!

All mechanical, all internal parts, all springs etc. (if smelted), made from Seki Seki.

Goes on a rampage!!

sideplot maybe? maybe one of the Gate Guardians dies...and they need a stand in! 12th decided to try out their Seki-Mecha! Goes haywire! Seretei, with firebreathing seki godzilla trampling all around!!
    What could possibly go wrong!?

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Pixie in the Playground

I have already expressed it in a post earlier, but i intend to RP Hirokatsu (9th Division Lt) becoming Captain of the 9th Division.

I am open to suggestions on how to get to that point.

He is currently already leading the 9th Division as VC, he is very old, and Osamu (5th Cpt) sent a letter of recommendation to the Cpt Commander before he died. When i first made Hirokatsu it stated clearly he had attained Bankai in his Inner World, but had yet to do so outside of that.

My current plan would be in the wake of his old friend Osamu's death, he would produce his Bankai outside his inner world. Hirokatsu will be very bothered by the elder Osamu passing (they were both VERY old, and Osamu was one if not the only one older than Hirokatsu in the Gotei). Having achieved Bankai outside of his inner world, and in light of the recommendation from the elder/now dead 5th Cpt, it would spark for Cpt General to consider his appointment, especially in a time like this IC.

I believe OOC i have shown that i am no fly by night person and care deeply about RPing professionally and courteously.

i hope i am clear, and i am always up for dicussions

aaron

22. - Top - End - #1222

I have already expressed it in a post earlier, but i intend to RP Hirokatsu (9th Division Lt) becoming Captain of the 9th Division.

I am open to suggestions on how to get to that point.

He is currently already leading the 9th Division as VC, he is very old, and Osamu (5th Cpt) sent a letter of recommendation to the Cpt Commander before he died. When i first made Hirokatsu it stated clearly he had attained Bankai in his Inner World, but had yet to do so outside of that.

My current plan would be in the wake of his old friend Osamu's death, he would produce his Bankai outside his inner world. Hirokatsu will be very bothered by the elder Osamu passing (they were both VERY old, and Osamu was one if not the only one older than Hirokatsu in the Gotei). Having achieved Bankai outside of his inner world, and in light of the recommendation from the elder/now dead 5th Cpt, it would spark for Cpt General to consider his appointment, especially in a time like this IC.

I believe OOC i have shown that i am no fly by night person and care deeply about RPing professionally and courteously.

i hope i am clear, and i am always up for dicussions

aaron
    That seems... Perfectly reasonable and a logical way of doing things. There's really no doubt that he'll get it, especially after he gets Bankai. He can't fight his way in, and there aren't enough captains left for him to get in on vote, so I'd say he has to get Bankai.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    And because I forgot to mention, Kazuo's opinion is that armament without explosive ranged power is not worth designing. Every shinigami has a bloody zampakutou for a bloody reason. Even his zanpakutou is a monstrosity for melee combat (it is the only reason he is dangerous in melee, in fact).
    I'm so tempted to make a Shinigami with a bow Shikai just to screw with him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    His shikai does include a gun, you know. A nail gun.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Or you can do like Hannibal and throw parts of the airconditioning and his own division at him. It's ironic that he had a bow, too, but didn't use it.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-05-19 at 04:25 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Aya never released Kuroimaken.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Orc in the Playground

Oh. They're a constant release type, aren't they? M'bad, I suppose.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Oh. They're a constant release type, aren't they? M'bad, I suppose.
    No its not a constant release type. But I suppose Kazuma could tell that not releasing was because Aya knows her Shikai is dangerous.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

29. - Top - End - #1229

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    ...Well, I want to go. You can get a disguise for me, right?

The princess uses sad face.
    It's super effective?

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ettin in the Playground

Hollows are heartless by nature, dood.