New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default NWoD Zombie Apocalypse Group B

It is another hot September day here in Phoenix, here in the valley of the sun, whatever you want to call it. The newscast for the day made mention of it hitting 107 degrees around the afternoon. Worst, it had a random rainstorm last night that disappeared as quickly as it appeared. Arizona's weird with its weather. So, its a humid mornin' for you as you find yourself on the Light Rail for your personal reasons, on Central Ave headin' south, still some ways until you get to the city's downtown.

For convenience, the lot of you are in the same light rail car. Its pretty comfortable inside, keeping ya for a while, protected from the sweltering sun outside.

(post yer introductory posts a'fore I move on, or you guys can role play with each other for a bit before I move on)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: NWoD Zombie Apocalypse Group B

The redheaded woman in the slinky black dress and high heels sitting at the back doesn't look like she belongs here. She's trying to fix her makeup despite the rattling of the railway, tutting to herself in displeasure every time a jolt throws off her attempt. The dress looks expensive, as do the large designer handbag and cosmetics. It's odd that she's taking commuter transport. She has a lithe, lightly muscled frame, thick red hair with pale blue eyes.

She gives up on touching up her makeup with a sigh, replacing it in her bag. She out of the window, thinking quietly.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Sitting quietly and reading a book on medival weaponary George looks like a typical tech guy, white shirt and black trousers, though if someone looked close they see he is fitter and more muscled then you might expect.

I bet Alex and Liz had a great time, i can't wait to hear the stories of Alex making a fool of himself trying to speak German with a smile at that thought George closes his book and puts it away.
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

"Son'ova..." Mike muttered to himself as he rummaged through his gym bag realizing he had forgot his protein bar. Oh well, he'd just run to the convenience store on the corner during his break and pick something up. After the long day he was about to have he'd need something to help him get through his workout this evening.

He zipped his bag back up and leaned his head against the window, waiting for his stop.

5. - Top - End - #5

The prison shuttle rolled down the street silently from the outside, but a mess of yelling, cursing and rattling from within. The prison guards tried to retain order and calm everyone but it was bloody hot. It was a scorching day already, but then put a dozen or more violent offenders in a tin can and then turn off the air conditioning? The guards weren't happy about the heat either and thick patches of sweat stained their clothing or dripped into their eyes.

Aaron sits in the sixth row's aisle seat. His hand and feet locked to the seat's back infront of him. His companion for this ride had been howling for half an hour now but the convict kept quiet himself while those around him slammed against what they could and called the guards anything they could think of. The heat was unbareble and the company even more so, but the convict had been in worse situations before. In silence he let his eyes take in his surroundings, was there a way out before his destination?

"Jesus Christ, man! Can you at least open Tom's window! He couldn't get out of it he's too damn fat! Come on! I'm dying in here!" Another convict cried out with cheers from his fellow inhabitants and a blush from Fat Tom.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Devil

"Christ it's hot outside today. Rodriguez better not give me the car with the broken AC again." Bored, Jason scans the car, and checks out the pretty red head in the corner. "Not bad..." he mutters under his breath, and wonders what a classy looking broad is doing in the rail car. After a few minutes he sags in his seat and prays for some rain.
    Last edited by Matamane; 2012-06-22 at 09:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

The south bound Light Rail train continued its smooth ride down its rails. One of the passengers seated up front who oddly sported a ragged sweat shirt hoodie, with the hood up, well upon a way close inspection looked a little yellowed, sickly, red shot eyes. They had themselves a little coughing fit. Not big enough to cause alarm, but it just sorta came out of nowhere.

In unrelated news, wink wink, during the past couple of weeks, the news did report cases of groups of people coming down with a harsh sickness and being hospitalized. But those were isolated cases far in between and found in those who had been in bad health already, like a couple of homeless folk.
    --

In the prison transport bus, one of the guards with a combat shot gun yelled for everyone to quiet down and just deal with it. He was your typical prison guard, donning shades, a beer belly, probably balding but kept it hidden under his cap.

"Ya'll are just gonna have ta' put up with it, ya can have a new water bottle but that's it, so shut up, don't make me knock ya out with mah tazer," He grunted and cocked his shut gun in a threatening manner. His name will be Andy.

There was a second guard, but he was in the back section of the truck which was separated with a wall and door. Back here were the real psychopaths, being kept here with maximized security restraints, best of the best technology could make. Yet this prison truck couldn't get its damn AC fixed. Go figure. Well, the guard here didn't look too well, he seemed very sick. Violently coughing, so loud it could be heard up in the front, and the heat wasn't helping one bit. He did want to stay home and recover, but he was forced to come for an extra shift, since the night before, one of the other guards who were supposed to join Andy, inexplicably died. Wacky.

This fella' well, no one but the maximum locked down criminals really got to see him during the whole trip really, but they couldn't say anything anyway with their Hannibal lector mouth covers and all. Eventually his pains got the best of him as he burst through the door and limped towards the driver.

"Get me to 'a hospital now..please!"

"But sir, we can't make any stops 'til we get to the state prison," The guard explained but soon found the sick guard angrily grabbing at him. The prison transport bus began to swerve dangerously. Just like movies. The sickly guard oddly raked his fingers into the driver's padded shoulder's as if he were trying to claw at him. The driver continued to panic and lost control of the wheel trying to fend off the crazy guard. Andy tried to play a hero and get the sickly guard off of the driver but....
    -------------

Back on the light rail, in the car with the majority of the PCs, things seemed fine, except for the guy who couldn't stop coughing. Other people began to not so subtly move away from him, some making rude comments.

But suddenly the smooth sailing ride came to a sudden halt, or rather a screeching crashing halt. The passengers in this cart and heck, the three following this one would find themselves swerved off the rails and arching along the busy streets taking civilian vehicles with it. It seemed the driver up front on the first cart tried to brake, but failed. A couple of the carts including this one would dangerously flip over and snap off their steel connectors to each other.
    -------------

The folks on the prison bus had to have been the unluckiest of the bunch getting rammed like that by the light rail down in the middle of it that made like a V shape. Aaron was lucky to have sat in the sixth row in the back, luckier was having Fat Tom take the window seat as he would find Fat Tome with a piece of window glass in his neck, if he was conscious enough to notice it through this horrible incident.

-------------

This is essentially an 'opening cinematic' scene, I'll trust you'll be liberal enough in your character's injuries on your own that would cause you to need to be taken to the hospital, where the game shall truly begin. (a nod to walking dead) And for those with weapons on you, yes, they'll be taken away from you, but, you'll be able to get them back, and the rest of your belongings, trust me. ^_~

8. - Top - End - #8

Devil

Jason screamed as his head hit something hard. "Beautiful...because I really needed a concussion today." His head hurt and his shoulder felt stiff. Struggling through the pain, Jason tries as best he can to figure out what just happened.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

The redheaded woman shrieks in pain as she comes to. She looks at her arm, eyes widening as she spies how it's bulging.

Wait. Assess the injury, Abigail, like papa taught you. Is it fractured? Check. Swelling, yes. Pain, yes. Can't move it. Bone is poking through the skin of my arm... oh god. I've broken my arm!

She starts screaming for help as loud as she can, occasionally whimpering and looking down at her arm.

10. - Top - End - #10

Someone had a paid a lot of money to put Aaron where he was, but someone messed up. He had been designated for max, but as one of the final passengers he was kept just outside of the gate to the full lockdown. They had done a pretty good job of keeping him cuffed to the chairs as all of the prisoners were, but the sudden smash and turned all of that upside down.

The yelling and disorder turned to complete chaos as people were thrown or ripped from their seats. Those in the front, the lesser of offenders who weren't completely buckled down went flying. Some ending up shattered on the side of the street while others crawled and tried to hike it out of the area once they got their bearings.

Screams went out as a few other convicts wiggled their way free, however, at least for the moment, the others were either dead, injured, or still chained in the smoking bus.

Aaron's head had smashed the seat's bars infront of him and his ears sung their displeasure. He could hear sirens already and knew there was likely no way he was getting out with his feet still barred. It didn't stop him from trying through. He struggled, his muscled bulged, but flesh versus steel rarely works out for the former. The bleeding body of Fat Tom laid slumped against him, just close enough. Just close enough for him to switch the ID Badge that was hooked to their shirts. He ears continued to ring. He was bleeding from places he didn't notice. The sirens were getting closer and he didn't remember much else after that. He was Tom Algins from Jeresy, a twice convicted theif.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

George mumbles and rolls around barely conscious after the crash, he manages to crawl a short distance from his seat before succuming to his injuries and passing out.
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

12. - Top - End - #12

Zombie

Mike was able to keep consciousness throughout the entire terrifying ordeal. Unfortunately, that didn't help him any in discerning what had just happened. He tried to get up but felt a sharp pain in his side that nearly knocked the wind out of him. He clutched at the source, and looked down in horror as he saw a jagged piece of metal jutting out from his right oblique, the surrounding area of his shirt was soaked with blood.

"Oh s***!" he shouted, his voice cracking with fear.

He tried desperately to reach for his bag but couldn't find it. It must've been tossed about in the crash.

He spotted it just a few seats up, and he struggled to make his way to it. He held his breath and dragged himself out of his seat. His hand was still bloody though, and he lost his grip on the seat, tripped...and tumbled onto the ground. The jarring of Mike's body hitting the ground sent waves of pain radiating from the piece of shrapnel imbedded in his side. The scene went dark as Mike lost consciousness.

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume I'll be transported to the hospital from here.

BTW sorry for the lack of posting. I'm in FL and Deb has really made getting online rather difficult between power outages and comcast blackouts.
    Last edited by closetgeek44; 2012-06-26 at 01:00 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

It was just one of those moments, the moments where you wonder, what if I had just stayed home today? Or what if I took the bus instead, or got a ride, took a different route?
    --------

Sirens blared even louder, several ambulances arrived quickly on the spot, it helped that one of the major hospitals was about five streets away, how convenient, cough cough. Rescue teams roamed the wreckage, rescuing folks, news crews swarmed like flies to dung, officers began to tape off the area and redirect traffic, people were being loaded into ambulances, civilians trying to sneak a peek and the horror.

--------

But for the most part, the world goes black for everyone, save for few who were still transported to the hospital nonetheless. Questions about identity to be worried about later.
    --------

A few days later, certain folks find themselves in a hospital bed. Abigail, Mike, one donning arm casts and the other stitches with bandage wrapping around their abdomen, both attached to IVs. They shared the room with another similarly injured bloke who right now was still asleep. Those here were put under for surgery and would find themselves just barely waking up just now.

In another ward of the hospital George, and Jason shared a room with five others of similar less threatening but still severe injuries. Those here, for the most part were conscious but could not have questions answered, the doctors and nurses were really too busy.

As for Aaron, I mean, Tom Jeresy, he had his own special room, that had been assigned a guard outside.

And of course, the fashion of choice, hospital gowns.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Groaning George awakes in his hospital bed, bewildered by the the fact its not his own as he cast his gaze around this unfamilar room.
    Last edited by Burnheart; 2012-06-27 at 08:43 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Tom Jeresy had laid unconcious for longer then he remembered after passing out in the prison bus. His eyes flicked open and took in his surroundings. A hospital? A prison clinic? He tried to move his arms, partly to try and get some feeling back and partly to see if he was still bound. Aaron Crate would have surely remained shackled but Tom Jeresy and his type hadn't needed nearly as much 'protection.'

16. - Top - End - #16

Zombie

Mike didn't remember what happened at first. His eyes crept open and suddenly went wide as he realized he was in a hospital bed. A few moments of frantic confusion as he looked around and when he tried to sit up he felt a pain in his side. He clutched at his ribs and saw the bandage, but he couldn't remember anything. He had no idea how he got there, or how long he had been there.

Bearing the pain, he yelled for the nurse...or anyone really.

"Hey! HEY!! Someone get in here!!"

17. - Top - End - #17

Devil

Frustrated with the current situation, Jason grumbles in his bed. "What am I still doing here??? I wasn't even hurt that bad...I'm totally gonna sue..." He flips through an issue of Popular Mechanics and mourns the loss of his sick days.
    Last edited by Matamane; 2012-06-28 at 01:30 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

" 'allo. You were a long time waking up." says a voice just accross the room from Mike. The redheaded woman from the carriage smiles, somewhat blearily; her painkillers still in her blood stream.

"You were on the métro too? Eet crashed." She says, somewhat unnecessarily. She wanders over to Mike, wheeling her IV stand along with her, and sits down on the mattress beside him. She removes the chart attached to the foot of his bed from it's holder, and passes it over to him.

"I was bored, so I read your chart. Eet says you will be okay. You 'ad to 'ave further exploratory surgery to remove metal fragments and slivers, but zees is nothing, I think." She smiles warmly, extending a hand to him. "It's good you are awake. I 'ave been hitting the nurses button since I woke up, and noone 'as come to visit me. Your chart says you are Michael Botasky? I am Abigail."
    Last edited by SlyJohnny; 2012-06-29 at 02:15 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

The rest of ya'll are free to interact with each other at this point, this is also that point where most of what's going to happens next depends on your actions. My rail roading portion is perty much over. Hahah, get it..'rail roading?' with the light rail train...hahaha..cough...uhm...I'll be over there ->

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwin View Post
    Tom Jeresy had laid unconscious for longer then he remembered after passing out in the prison bus. His eyes flicked open and took in his surroundings. A hospital? A prison clinic? He tried to move his arms, partly to try and get some feeling back and partly to see if he was still bound. Aaron Crate would have surely remained shackled but Tom Jeresy and his type hadn't needed nearly as much 'protection.'
    'Tom' would find himself unshackled, or rather he might see new-ish red marks where he may have been shackled during his stay. For whatever reason, the shackles/hand cuffs were removed.

20. - Top - End - #20

Devil

Jason keeps flipping through the magazine

21. - Top - End - #21

Tommy's hands slowly clenched, a finger at a time as life flowed back into them. He tried to raise them and noticed that one had been cuffed to the bed's bar. He moved his legs and found, with some satisifaction, that they were free. His prison uniform was folded on the chair while he remained in a gown.

His free hand felt for scars and saw he had taken some of the glass as well, and a nasty bump on his skull meant he did indeed headbutt the railing. He stayed quiet. He listened. He looked to the window, trying to judge how high up he was. He still wasn't even sure where he was.

He flexes muscles used to years of strain and combat. With his eyes on the door he runs his cuffed hand along the bedside railing, looking for a weak spot to exploit.

22. - Top - End - #22

It wasn't going to be very quiet, but he needed to get mobile and fast, especially if they were coming for him. If anyone had found out. With a sharp yank, Tom jerks a portion where two pieces connect and bends it. And then another, his muscles flexing as he eventually succeeds in breaking the joint. With the cuff slipped through the hole he springs to his feet.

He immediatly jumps behind where the door would open and waits. If anyone came through he'd be ready for them. He waited.

As moments ticked away and it seemed like no one was coming he quickly scanned the room for a weapon. Something to use to defend himself from his jailors. He wasn't going back.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

@Goodwin, Make a Perception Check, roll Wits and Composure in the OOC
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-07-06 at 12:02 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

'Tommy' as it were, during a quick hasty search, he comes across in a small storage closet, an IV stand.

25. - Top - End - #25

When it seems like no one was about to come and check on him. He looked over to the window from the door. Not out of it, but at an angle so that he could at the very least see if his vista was higher then the ground floor. It was a brief glance as his attention was still mostly on the door.

He held the IV stand midway with one hand. If he had to he could scare off a nurse or slam it across the head of an officer.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

'Tommy' upon checking how high up he was would find himself on the eight floor. He was also actually in the emergency ward building which would be indicated in the emergency evacuation plans posted on the side of each door.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Abigail sighs to herself, and heads over to the door. She's been waiting for a doctor long enough and she has things to do; this is ridiculous.

She checks the ward for her personal effects, wondering if her wallet or bag was left with her or on her sidetable. Then she steps out into the corridor, looking around for a drinks machine.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyJohnny View Post
    Abigail sighs to herself, and heads over to the door. She's been waiting for a doctor long enough and she has things to do; this is ridiculous.

She checks the ward for her personal effects, wondering if her wallet or bag was left with her or on her sidetable. Then she steps out into the corridor, looking around for a drinks machine.

Looking through a tall but skinny closet built into the wall, she'd come across her bag, but certain tools of the trade seem to be missing and other dubious equipment, the pepper spray and mirrors were there though. Outside the corridor the lights still seemed to work fine, but it was rather quiet, even for a hospitable. The nurses' reception and office areas seemed empty and a mess. Papers tossed about everywhere, everything just looked like folks just gone up and left behind what they were doing at a second's notice.
    -----------------
    Make a Perception Check of your own in your post. Re roll 10s in the OOC
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-07-09 at 08:18 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

The fact he was no where near ground level was a bit of an issue. He had scaled things before, but had no interest in climbing around at such a height. Maybe, with the IV stand, he would look like a regular patient and not evoke an alarm. If he could make it out before he was checked on he may not even have to hurt anyone. He righted the stand and rolled it to the door. Taking a deep breath, he opened it and stepped out into the hallway.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Abigail would hear the sound of a closing door within the nurses station, and there was only one door there, one leading to a small supply storage, mostly having boxes of photocopy paper and stuff like that.
    --

For 'Tommy' it was just as quiet out in the hallway, next to the door to his room was a chair and a spilled Thirst Buster on the floor next to the chair.