New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

greyKnight double checks that all her systems are ready and plugs her commlink directly into her headjack so she can rig in hotsim. She subscribes to her rotodrone, then sets her PAN to hidden.

"So, what's our plan?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Just deploying the rotodrone on a rooftop nearby. The Stormcloud will be too obvious, I think, and slow. The iBall is more of a tactical drone.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Eric's commlink pings with a message from Alexis.

Spoiler
    Show
    I can get you a flame thrower, but it will cost you. They aren't as popular as they once were since fire resistant clothing got so cheap, and are pain in the ass to find. My finders fee for this is is „450[1].

[1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is in addition to the cost of the item remember.

Before any planning an can take place what appears to be a cartoon ghost appears in the van.

"Watcher spirit find courier peoples! Watcher spirit been waiting for courier peoples," it says enthusiasm filling its voice, "Boss say for me to tell you to go in, he'll see you 'eh-sap'. Watcher spirit go tell boss you're here!"

I think by this point everyone expects the Spanish Inquisition.

3. - Top - End - #153

"Sounds like our package is here, guys. Let's go get it."
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Silk

Eric nods and hides the message from Alexis, for now. He'll see about negotiating for the price later. He unfolds himself from the car carefully, watching for trouble. After all, watcher spirits can be summoned by anyone, and say anything. Before it can leave, he studies in astral for any sign of familiarity, not expecting anything.

(5d6)[3][5][6][6][5](25)

With a friendly nod to gK, Eric once more snaps out his staff and flicks it open with a deft spin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming I dismissed the fire spirit for a while, I will now call it back and have it maintain astral presence.
    All glory to Vrythas in regards to my snazzy AD&D Game Master avatar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reserve AD&D Game Master avatar by wxdruid

Oh star fall down on me
    Let me make a wish upon you
    Hold on, let me think
    Think of what I'm wishing for

5. - Top - End - #155

Deciding that the assault rifle would be too conspicuous, Kikuchiyo leaves it in it's case as he takes it out of the van. Still, being loathe to leave his sword behind, he decides to take that as well, strapped to his back. He stretches, ready to follow the rest of the group.
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2011-05-16 at 11:33 PM.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

6. - Top - End - #156

greyKnight slides out of the van, nervously checking her own weapon's smartlink readout as she does. She then glances at the other members of the team. "What's with the staff, Silk? Trouble?"
    Snickett avatar by me.

7. - Top - End - #157

Jbar smiles and nods to the rest of the group as he also gets out of the van. So much for a plan he thought, but then again how can you plan around a dozen of watcher spirits supposedly watching a meet go down? In the short time they had he couldn't think of one, except go in, hope for the best, expect the worst.

As he walks with the rest of the group towards to Talismonger's place he once again check his Predator, nervously.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Sorry for me being so quiet recently, was out of town for a couple of days.
    Last edited by Daravon_35; 2011-05-17 at 07:50 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

As you walk toward the side entrance, it opens automatically. An ARO directs you out into the main sales floor. Silk recognizes the style. Kansas City most not have much of an Awakened community, cause this store seems to be set-up to cater to wanna-bes.

As you look around, an other door opens. The smell of alchemy fills the room. A black elf[1] wearing a lab coat steps out, waving fumes from his face.

He looks over to you and says, "You managed to beat the package here by about five minutes. Good job. You're already better than your predecessors."

Silk
    Spoiler
    Show
    You manage to get a good look at him in astral without him seeing you. He is Awakened. His magic is stronger than yours. No 'ware at all. No foci either. He seems pleased to see you.

[1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Who save metatype and ethnicity looks nothing like the one from the tunnel.

9. - Top - End - #159

Jbar smiled, "That why we were hired right? Because we can get this job done." He wasn't sure what else to say and to be honest hearing about another team already failing put him a little on edge.

Then trying to regain his composure, he smiled at the Talismonger, "While we wait for the package. Is there anything more we should know or expect? I'd like to be prepared for anything that may happen. Particularly why so many spirits?"

As he talked he quickly texted the rest of the team. "Stay alert everyone. Let's hope this transaction goes smooth, but be ready for the drek to hit the fan. I'm not sure if I should feel more safe or less safe with all these spirits around. Silk are you picking up on anything? Kikuchiyo, how's that trigger finger of yours holding up? gK make sure the van is ready for a hot and fast extraction if needed. I want to be out of here in a moments notice if required."
    Last edited by Daravon_35; 2011-05-19 at 09:49 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160

gK shoots a quick response backk to JBar. I'm ready to move if I need to.
    Snickett avatar by me.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daravon_35 View Post
    "While we wait for the package. Is there anything more we should know or expect? I'd like to be prepared for anything that may happen."
    The talismonger pauses, as if to run over a mental check list, "There might be someone after this package. A group in Nashville wouldn't like 'Mr. Johnson' and company having it, but they aren't the type to handle things personally. I'd keep an eye out for other shadowrunners if anything. That said, a great many deal of effort went into keep this secret."

"Particularly why so many spirits?"
    "You mean at the drop off? Mostly because 'Mr. Johnson' and associates will be waiting in an abandoned gas station in the middle of now where for several hours. If they used drones they would end up shooting themselves by mistake, the cost of the packages and your fee have temporarily put hired muscle out of their price range, and pistols can only defend you so much. However, they are all Awakened and are at least passably skilled at conjuring."

12. - Top - End - #162

Silk

Eric piassivley listens and tries not to draw any attention to himself, though right now trust seems to be the way to go. Grey asks him a question as he levels his staff, and he just shrugs, unable to explain why he feels so uneasy here. Nonetheless, he never takes chances, and the staff is part of his normal modus operandi. They all go inside and greet the talismonger, is appears to be quite a powerful magician, if anything so mundane as that. Regardless, Eric minds his own business and makes a mental note to check here in the future to see if he's open for business.

He sees a note, and opens Jbar's message into his contacts. Unobtrusively, he shakes his head with a casual look, as if it was a natural motion. He hopes Jbar gets the message, but for now, he can't pick up anything out of the ordinary. Feeling like a third wheel to the deal, he does take another glance around at the place, wary of any unusual trouble.

He turns back around in time to catch the tail end of a magic-related discussion.

"...temporarily put hired muscle out of their price range, and pistols can only defend you so much. However, they are all Awakened and are at least passably skilled at conjuring."
    Eric nods along at the logic. "Sounds likely. Magicians often resort to spirits, who are cheaper than hired help, and almost as effective." He says, before turning to the stranger himself. "Silk, they call me." He adds, with a friendly smile, as he reaches out to shake hands with the talismonger. "Pleasure to be doing business with you." After the matter is resolved, handshake or no handshake, Eric gets down to his own questions. "I'd appreciate your candor in the matter if you could answer me a little question, kindly. You mention that our mutual acquiantance and his co-workers are Awakened; Depending on the nature of the package, of course, there could be many...problems with shipping it, occurances that wouldn't crop up with a normal package of mundane goods." He continues, stroking his chin thoughtfully.

"I hate to pry, so please keep it professional, I understand the need for privacy." He adds hastily. "But if I can expect anything along those lines, I would so appreciate a heads up." He says, finishing it with another smile and a slight inclination of his head.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Levyathyn View Post
    "But if I can expect anything along those lines, I would so appreciate a heads up."
    The talismonger shakes Silks hand and answers, "Fair enough. Let me think here... Only one thing could pose a problem. If any astrally active gas or fluid starts to leak, don't let it touch you. Plug the hole and wipe down anything it touched. It won't kill you, but it will mark you for a little while and draw attention from things you don't want. That said, it isn't likely to leak unless the packages are severely damaged. Other than that no. No cursed idols, no toxic shaman foci, and no shedim spirit formula."[1]

[1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    These were the McGuffins in the three most recent Karl Kombatmage sims.

14. - Top - End - #164

Jbar tried to keep his nerves under control, but bad habits died hard as he checked his Predator over and over again, fidgeting with it the entire time. "How much longer till the package gets here?" He asked the Talismonger.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

"How much longer till the package gets here?"
    "Oh, sorry about that," he says and makes a few gestures. In the middle of the room and AR map appears in your field of vision. Your location is marked with a red arrow and a green arrow points to a cartoon truck making its way through the city.

"The packages are being sent to me via semi-legit means," he says, "hence this nice feature."

As you watch the truck comes closer and closer. However, when it is only a few blocks away. It stops. For about a minute it doesn't move, then you hear an unmistakable sound: gunfire.

The talismonger eyes grow wide, "Someone give me your commcode and the go! I'll keep in contact and tell you what you need to claim the package!"

16. - Top - End - #166

Silk

Silk instantly relays his commcode over and snaps his staff down into a short segment again before slapping it onto his belt. "The shipment," He says, "how far is it from here and in which direction?" His voice is tense and impatient as he heads towards the door.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Levyathyn View Post
    Silk

Silk instantly relays his commcode over and snaps his staff down into a short segment again before slapping it onto his belt. "The shipment," He says, "how far is it from here and in which direction?" His voice is tense and impatient as he heads towards the door.
    The talismonger gestures in the air a couple of times and a set of coordinates appears in Silks inbox.[1]

[1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A GPS program with built-in ARO directions comes built into all commlink operating systems.

18. - Top - End - #168

greyKnight's eyes go wide, and she curses as she sprints back towards the van. "Drone coming on-line now. Silk, I need those coordinates. Anybody else a driver?" As she goes, she instructs her roto-drone to lift off and circle, scan for gunfire, and arm its onboard assault rifle.
    Snickett avatar by me.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

The talismonger's voice comes over Silks commlink.

"If the information I have is correct, Knights Errant's average time from shots fired to arrival is seven minutes in this neighborhood. There's a station house near by. I'm sure you've worked this out yourselves, but even though the packages are semi-legally transported to this point, if the Keys[1] start looking through the manifest they'll see something is up."

[1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of the politer slang terms for Knights Errant officers. One of the few you would say to their face.

20. - Top - End - #170

Jbar flicks his wired reflexes on and takes off running towards the van, Predator ready.

21. - Top - End - #171

Silk

Eric strides briskly over to the van, frantically patching Jbar and gK into his feed before splicing the info over his frequently used line to Kiku. Finished, he tucks it away and breaks into a run, sliding into the backseat and instantly slipping out of his body to travel astrally. He manifests himself invisibly, gets his bearings and decides to slip out of the car towards the sound of gunfire.

Over his unconscious body, an AR tag appears as soon as he enters the car that says, simply, MEAT. It's only being shown to his wired party.

Spoiler
    Show
    If there's nothing to stop me, travel astrally to the location and bring my spirit along, for scouting and maybe a little task setting.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

When Silk arrives at the site he sees the delivery van under siege. About seven metahuman seem to be trying to attack it. Two are dead to from the van's turret and one lies underneath the van like it was hit, but the others have managed to get right next to the van were the turret can't hit them and seem to be getting ready to try and tip over the van. Except, their auras are all wrong. It's like...

...oh drek...

14 compound eyes turn to stare at Silk's astral form.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative.

Also, gK, JBar, and Kiku are in the van.

23. - Top - End - #173

Init: (8d6)[6][5][3][3][3][6][1][1](28) + 8 = 11
    Last edited by Telasi; 2011-05-27 at 02:03 AM.
    Snickett avatar by me.

24. - Top - End - #174

Spoiler
    Show
    Trying one...last...time...*Prays*

(6d6)[6][3][5][6][4][1](25)

Spoiler
    Show
    *Wipes away tears of joy* Excellent, total Init 9. As soon as I am able, I will flee to the van as fast as possible. That is, to my meat form. Not towards the insects under most any circumstances. =)
    Last edited by Levyathyn; 2011-05-27 at 09:33 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

The bugs seem as surprised to see Silk as he is to see them. Fortunately for Silk, his surprise fades first. Blasting one with a manabolt, he leaves the bug spirit near death. Not wanting to take on it's six buddies alone, he jumps back to his body.

As gK drives madly toward the besieged delivery van the Talismonger's voice comes over your comms.

"I've passed on a description of you to the remote rigger. Once the the attackers are gone she'll release the package. What's attacking the van any way?"

As you round the corner, you see that the bugs have knocked the van over and are trying to pry the back door open.

26. - Top - End - #176

Jbar's eyes went wide as the sight of the bug spirits came into the view. He wasn't quite sure what to do. so he shot as quickly as he could with his Predator hoping to either take one down or at least wound it.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

Jbar's shot catches one of the bugs in the shoulder, and takes a noticeable piece out of it. Even the toughest street samurai would have a least winched at that, but the bugman seems less connected with his body than metahuman's are.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

Silk's commands his spirit of fire to attack the one of bug spirit. The spirit launches a ball of flames at one of the monstrous hybrids, killing it.

Finally over their surprise the unexpected attack, the bug creatures take to the air, half-vestigial wings carrying them as they charge the team's van.

29. - Top - End - #179

Jbar shouts out as the bugs take flight, his battle instinct taking over. "We've got to take them down before they can reach us. If they can do that to a van, I don't want to imagine what they can do to flesh!" As he fires off another shot hoping to put another one of the spirits down.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

Jbar manages to nail one of the bugmen right in the heart, but its supernatural toughness keeps it going.
    Last edited by BudgetDM; 2011-06-24 at 12:13 AM. Reason: It's isn't possessive.