New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

Kiku's assault rifle blazes, finishing off the bug injured by Jbar and wounding another. However, the other bug are now only 15 meters from the van.

I think by this point everyone expects the Spanish Inquisition.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jbar once again lets off a lightning fast shot with his Predator as the bugs come flying towards the van.

"Things are not looking up guys! Especially if they reach us!" Jbar shouts to the rest over the loud booming gunfire.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

gK's rotodrone opens fire on one of the bugs, only for it to dodge out of the way.

Jbar shot doesn't miss and nails one of the bugs square in the chest. The man-bug, for its part, doesn't seem to notice.

Over your comms you hear the voice of the talismonger, "Good news, I might have some backup[1] for you. Hopeful they will get there in time."

[1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I.E. the people from the re-recruitment thread.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

Kiku is able to get one more shot in before the bugs reach the van. He makes it count however, killing a bug.

Then the bugs are on you, two of them try to land on the hood of the van. One succeeds, the other barely clipped by the van and barely manages to escape being run over. One of them tries landing roof. It barely succeeds, but slips and is left hanging on for dear life. The last tries to take a swipe at Kiku as it flies by, but misses.

Looking at the one blocking the wind shield, Silk remarks, "The spirits that inhabit aren't that strong."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Francine (or Kim as she had introduced herself to her partners in shadowcrime) spoke on the comm to her new teammates.

"Map here says we're going to come out a block down from the van. Since we have no idea what we're getting into, I recommend we blitz across the street and do a drive-by on whatever we determine the bad guys are. Then stop once on the other side of the street to assess and regroup."
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

6. - Top - End - #186

Arahi, who had introduced himself as Wolfgang, replies:

"Sounds like a plan to me. I can provide support for the first blitz, if you give me time to get a good line of sight."

7. - Top - End - #187

Jbar blasts his Predator at one of the bugs that's been clutching to the side of the van, in hopes of knocking it off.

"Things aren't looking too wonderful here!" He shouts out to the rest of the team.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sounds good, Kimbo. Just please remember how I feel about killing things."

To Jbar, gK, and Silk via comm-text:
    Spoiler
    Show

"Sorry we're late. No one told us what time the party was starting. Or where. Or that there was one."
    This is signed off with the image of a winking white fox head with violet eyes.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Let's just keep it simple," Kim said. Falling out of formation, she drew her bike up along the driver's side of the trailing car. Being a Troll, she was tall enough to see over the things standing on the ground, let alone sitting up on a cycle, allowing her to shoot while her ride and lower body were shielded by the cars. "Oh, and I'll be using you boys for cover, so whatever you do, don't swerve left!"

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

gK's drone fires several burst into the bug on the hood, shocking it into unconsciousness. However, just as Jbar lines up his shot on the bug on the roof, the hybrid gK tazed falls in front of the van. The van runs over it with a crunch and a jolt, causing Jbar to miss.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Francine roared into the intersection right behind the others, quickly taking in the scene. She quickly shared her assesment with the others via comm. "Holy drek! Bugs!"

This called for industrial-strength insecticide. She reached back for the shotgun on her back hefted it up by the pistol grip, using the sling to support the barrel, and swung it out towards the fight. An unaugmented human would shatter his wrist trying to fire a12-gauge this way, but the heavily chromed troll could just about manage it. Even she was not willing to try using it in burst fire, so it was individually that she started throwing explosive slugs downrange. The first one missed and blasted a chunk out of a storefront, while the second struck its target dead center mass and exploded, dropping it to the pavement with its thoracic cavity blown open.
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2011-07-20 at 11:38 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192

The window on Arahi's side of the car opens as he prepares his pistol. "Keep us steady." He leans out of the car, aiming his silenced pistol at a surviving bug.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Malik, who introduces himself as Tech-Rat, keeps the car steady, waiting for Wolfgang to take the shot. As soon as the shot is fired, he cuts the wheel left, away from the bugs, coming to a screeching halt.

"What in blazes are those things?" Tech-Rat had never seen such creatures before, and wonders if his chemicals will do anything to them. He then steps out of the car, his white long coat trailing behind him as he slings his paintball gun, checking his spare clips.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

Kiku sees the bug on the roof and drops his rifle and draws his sword, but before he can act and man-bug darts forward and slashes him across the throat. The wound isn't deep, but judging by how hard Kiku goes down and how pale he has become, it seems that these are wasp spirits. The other surviving bug flies over to join its comrade.

Shocked at seeing he friend go down, Silk lets loose a blast of mana. Unfortunately it seems his distracted mind wasn't able to cast the spell properly and the wasp barely winches.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Bugbear in the Playground

greyKnight curses inwardly at the sound of sirens, and shoots off a text to her team and the newcomers. That would be our cue to leave, folks. Somebody grab the package while I get this drone stowed. - gK Meanwhile, she pops back into her body long enough to open the rear door of the van and then hops back in to land the drone.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

16. - Top - End - #196

Without a word Jbar's off at both the cue of the sirens and the text, disembarking from the van as he sprints to grab the crate and return it as fast as he can. His elfen body moves with both grace and speed, his wired reflexes surely showing themselves as he moves.

Quickly getting the crate back to the van and securing he retakes his seat as he fires off a quick text to his team and the newcomers. Welcome to the party chummers and thanks for the assist. It seems our meet-n-greet has to be cut short. Shall we find some place a little more private to exchange pleasantries? following it up with a shout to gK, "Let's get out of here and see if you can't find a place... a little more quiet." a pat on the back accompanying his words.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Still speaking to Arahi and Tech Rat on the comm, Francine said, "I'll help. You keep an eye on the sky-neutralize any spotter drones the Star sends."

She leaned over, bringing the bike hard right and racing towards the stricken delivery vehicle. "Hoi," she said by way of greeting to Jbar as she braked to stop behind him and dismounted. "Which one's ours?"

18. - Top - End - #198

greyKnight nods in response to JBar's comment and jumps back into the driver's seat. Right, good idea. After a quick glance to make sure everything's secure, she turns her van around and starts driving away from the scene, nervously chewing her lip as she drives.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Diving back into his car, he beams a text to the group mentally.
    "Well guys, it's a pleasure so far. Let's get out of here." mentally linking to his car, Tech-Rat starts rolling in pursuit of the van, following the team of greyKnight.

20. - Top - End - #200

Arahi climbs back into the car, holstering his pistol. "If we see any drones," he says to Tech-Rat, "I'll need you to slow down a little so I can take them out."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking to Arahi, "Will do, pup."]

22. - Top - End - #202

"Looks like the bugs got Kiku bad! Unfortunately I don't think there's much we can do out here until we get back to Nash!" Jbar shouted upfront to gK.

Trying to remain calm, as one of his companions struggled for life beside him, he continued. "With these new arrivals... assuming we trust them, once we get back to Nash I say we split up, half and half. You continue to take the cargo where it needs to go and I can hopefully catch a ride in their vehicle to get Kiku to a hospital."

23. - Top - End - #203

"I'll hurry, see if I can't get us there as fast as possible. See if you can do anything for Kiku. As far as the new folks go, I don't see where we have a meaningful choice. Kiku needs help, and we've got to finish the run. As it is, we can't do both without help. We need them, at least until this 'run is over." That decided, greyKnight drives as fast as she can without drawing undue attention (if we get stopped, we lose time and risk getting arrested) back towards our border crossing and Nashville.
    Snickett avatar by me.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

You are able to get out of the city without any trouble. However, just as you exit the city limits a watcher spirit appears in gK's van, possibly the same one as before.

"Watcher spirit find courier peoples! Watcher spirit have messages from boss! First message, 'Don't contact me, Lone Star is scanning all wireless signals and they suspect me for being behind this. They are too stupid to tell the difference between a hermetic mage and a insect shaman'. Second message, 'You want to subscribe to a Kansas City news feed'. Third message, 'Good luck'."

Its messages delivered the spirit vanishes to the astral plan.

The news feed reveals that Lone Star is taking credit for taking down the bugs. There is an interview with a SWAT unit that is talking about the fight. There version of the battle has twice as many bugmen, including a true form the size of a van.

When you reach the meet up point with the coyote, you find that he isn't alone. He has a couple of tough looking orks with him holding assault rifles.

25. - Top - End - #205

greyKnight gives Jbar a worried look as she pulls the van up. This firepower is new. Keep your eyes open for trouble. I'll talk to him; if something goes wrong, use the iBall and drive. Kiku needs help, and we've still got a package to deliver. gK gestures to the box under the seat, which contains an offensive mod iBall among other things.

That done, she slips out of the van and walks over to the coyote. We're here. Ready to head back over?
    Snickett avatar by me.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telasi View Post
    We're here. Ready to head back over?
    "Just a minute. Tiny," he says pointing to the larger of the two orks, "needs to finish downloading a file."

The coyote then adds, "I brought 'em 'cuz I'm going hunting wendigo when we're done."

27. - Top - End - #207

After the last trip, sounds like a good idea. greyKnight waits until the coyote is ready, then climbs back into her driver's seat. She'll follow him into the tunnel when he's ready.
    Snickett avatar by me.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Bugs, wendigo-what the hell have I gotten myself into?" Francine asked herself as she disengaged the drum on her shotgun and replaced it with another, this loaded one with buckshot. Then her fingers flicked the fire selector of the big AS-7 over to burst. Then she adjusted the sling to let the gun ride looser, closer to hand. And then headed down into the tunnel.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

You hear the coyote giving his ork buddies some last minute instructions.

"I'm going first, you take the rear. Shoot anything that isn't one of us. I don't care if it's yer granny, shoot it."

With that he gets on bike and everyone heads into the abandoned complex.

It's a longer journey than last time. The coyote seems to be taking it more slowly. Twice the orks behind open fire on what turn out to be nothing but shadows. However, as you almost out, you come across a message written on the wall.

"u dRive mE fr0m mY hOMe i w1ll g3t r3v3ng3"

Over your comms you can hear the coyote say, "You know, some days being a wage slave doesn't look so bad."

Despite that, you manage to get through without incident. Once payment has been made, the coyote and his buddies head back into the tunnels, guns ready.

Driving along the road back to the highway, you come to the gate you burst through earlier. There is a dwarf placing a makeshift barrier across with an ARO reading "closed" floating above it.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

T-R chuckles as the ARO flickers, distorts, and changes into a small cartoon mouse in ww2 garb, holding a 'Halt!' Sign. "Heh heh. All in a day's work."

T-R then hops out, headed to the dwarf, and shouts out. "Excuse me, friend. Would you be able to open the gate for us?"
    Last edited by Karen Lynn; 2011-08-04 at 01:58 PM. Reason: new info changes actions.