New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

The dwarf listens to Tech-Rat's explanation for why he should let them through and doesn't buy a word of it.

"You really need to work on your lying if you want to get by as poachers. Now a hunting license is 100¥ per head. If you can afford all those fancy guns, tree stands, and decoys, you can afford the license. So, either pay the 100¥ per head you owe or find another way out, this gate is for paying customers."

Spoiler
    Show
    Did it work this time?

I think by this point everyone expects the Spanish Inquisition.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

Fortunately JBar is able to step in talk the dwarf into opening the gate.

The trip to the meeting isn't that interesting. When you've seen one abandoned ghost town, you've seen them all. Some ways off the freeway, you manage to talk Kiku into calling DocWagon.

Now all that is left to do is to deliver the package to Mr. Johnson and co. Easy. Right?

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

Almost home free. Let's get this package where it needs to be and our cash and perhaps make formal introductions to the help we received. Jbar texts to the rest of his crew, as they speed along in the van.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

We can hope. Somehow, I can't shake the feeling that we're not out of the woods yet. Despite her gut feeling, greyKnight continues driving, choosing the most efficient route to get to the rendezvous point.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Linked to the car, T-R follows gK's van, and opens up a three way voice chat to Wolfgang and Kimbo.

"So guys. What do y'all think of these guys? We hardly know them, and already they'kve treated us to a fight with freaky bug things. They didn't even buy us dinner yet. This is about as bad as that night in the club on..." Malik trails off into a story of a night filled with clubs, drugs, and booze.
    Last edited by Karen Lynn; 2011-08-10 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Typo

6. - Top - End - #216

Arahi shakes his head, presumably riding along with Tech-Rat. "We were hired to help them out. It's just a job to me, and I doubt it's over yet."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"It's not the runners-it's the Mr J shipping drek that's drawing out bugs that worries me," Francine admitted, while checking a satellite map of the meet area for a good sniper's perch. "Hang on a second, I need to make a call," she added, then muted her part of the conversation and placed a call to the yalismonger they had left back in St. Lo. "Hey, sorry, I just had a quick question for you-have you told the Johnson about the last-minute roster change?"
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

8. - Top - End - #218

As the team gets near their destination, gK shoots a quick text to the team. We might want to consider leaving the newcomers a bit back from the meetup, since Johnson hasn't met them. Paranoia runs in the line of work. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Telasi; 2011-08-10 at 09:58 PM.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

9. - Top - End - #219

Jbar responds as quickly as he an to to gk's text. You're right it's probably best. Also this way if anything fishy goes down, we'll have some back up as well. Jbar still holds on tightly to his Predator, readying himself for anything as his wired reflexes switch back on.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

switching off the call, T-R turns to Wolfgang and asks, "So, see any nice places I should drop you off? Any of your 'tactical expertise' telling you anything?" T-R looks about for a place to park and hopefully hide his car, while still allowing quick access to the roadway. "Kimbo! Any places you see for us to hide?"

Smiling, Malik pulls out two small pills. One gray, the other purple, and pops them both.

"There we go. A few minutes, and the world will be better."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Francine was quick to whip up her own message. Funny u should mention that. There's a hole in the wall and we can circle around and provide overwatch from there.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright, sounds good. I'll stay back a ways to give you some breathing room, and ready to run if things don't work too well." Tech-Rat then pulls out the black hopper for his paintball gun, the one filled with DMSO'd Narco Jet pellets, and slips a flashbang in his pocket.

13. - Top - End - #223

Arahi sends a message to Francine. "Can you point the spot out to me?"

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Francine's response was not text but instead a satellite map of the area, with the downed wall circled.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground

As the van with gK and Jbar, the other group gets into there sniping position.

As the van approaches the fortified gas station, the front gate grinds open. After you drive through, you see an earth elemental push it closed.

Then, illuminated in the headlights, is Mr. Johnson and Co. "And Co." in this case is made up of an female Asian elf and male Amerindian human.

"Y'all are five minutes late," says Mr. Johnson with a grin.

16. - Top - End - #226

greyKnight's reply is nonchalant. "The wendigo and bug spirits slowed us down a bit. We still got the goods here, though." She jerks her thumb towards the back of the van. "Where do you want 'em?"
    Snickett avatar by me.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telasi View Post
    greyKnight's reply is nonchalant. "The wendigo and bug spirits slowed us down a bit. We still got the goods here, though." She jerks her thumb towards the back of the van. "Where do you want 'em?"
    "I'll take it, I want to make sure that everything's there before I pay ya. Not that I don't trust you or anything," he says smiling.

18. - Top - End - #228

"Suit yourself."gK shrugs and turns to collect the crates from the back of the van. Once the crates have been deposited, she steps back from them so Johnson can inspect them. "There you are. Just like we got 'em."
    Snickett avatar by me.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

"Suit yourself."gK shrugs and turns to collect the crates from the back of the van. Once the crates have been deposited, she steps back from them so Johnson can inspect them. "There you are. Just like we got 'em."
    Mr. Johnson opens the one of the crates starts looking through it.

"By the way, you mentioned a wendigo. I heard about the bugs, but the wendigo is new to me."

20. - Top - End - #230

It wasn't a big fuss. A couple crazies worshipping a Wendigo jumped us crossing the border. Must have figured we were an easy target. We dealt with it pretty fast. Nothing that'll make the news.
    Snickett avatar by me.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Some distance away, Fracine watched image feed from the meet in a corner of her vision, while scanning the area for signs of party-crashers.

22. - Top - End - #232

Arahi is at the designated sniper's nest, scanning the area with his image magnifying cybereyes, and keeping his rifle close at hand.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Tech Rat focuses diligently on an ant scurrying across the ground with a leaf.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

It wasn't a big fuss. A couple crazies worshipping a Wendigo jumped us crossing the border. Must have figured we were an easy target. We dealt with it pretty fast. Nothing that'll make the news.
    "Ah, the Wendigo's cult, but not the Wendigo itself," says Mr. Johnson still examining in packages' contents, "Lucky you. I've heard many a nasty thing about Wendigo spellcastin'."

Mr. Johnson then closes the crate.

"Ah hell, all the expensive stuff's here. I can't imagine 'Runners leavin' the good stuff and takin' the cheap and I'm sure y'all got better things to do today then watch me take inventory. Now, in the trids, this would be where I double cross y'all," says Mr. Johnson a grin crossing his face.

"But since I seemed to have misplaced my backstabbin' knife, I think I'll just pay what we agreed," he says producing two cred-sticks, "The gold one is for y'all and the silver one for the 'Runners you picked up in Kansas City."

25. - Top - End - #235

greyKnight smiles and accepts the credsticks. "Pleasure doing business with you." She turns to leave, and will drive away if not interrupted.
    Snickett avatar by me.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

greyKnight is able to leave without trouble.

27. - Top - End - #237

Once away, gK breathes a sigh of relief, then calls up the rest of the team. "Deal's done, folks. Let's meet up somewhere so we can get proper introductions done and so I can pay you guys."
    Last edited by Telasi; 2011-08-20 at 09:12 PM.
    Snickett avatar by me.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Beaming a message to Wolfgang:"Come on, let's get our cut and meet our new friends. I wonder if any are into humans..."

Tech-Rat returns to the car, disarming himself as he seats, keeping the paintball gun loaded with narco and within reach. He waits for Wolgang to join him by scanning the matrix for nearby clubs and cafes.

29. - Top - End - #239

Arahi sends a message to Tech-Rat, simply saying, "On my way." Then another message to gK: "I might know a few places, fairly high-class. Good way to spend a small part of our payment, I think."

He stands up from his nest, puts his rifle on safety, and heads over to Tech-Rat's car.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Not too classy-I'm not dressed for it," Francine said. Unless somebody had gone and redefined bike (syth-)leathers while she was not looking.