New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default When Normal, Isn't

You find yourself in a small town on the edge of Mourn, a wasteland known for it's inhospitable conditions and rare creatures. The town Church, dedicated to Heironeous, an ally of your patron Bahamut. Since your arrival you've had several meetings with fellow paladins and clerics. Today you meet the archpriest, a skilled paladin and cleric. You currently find yourself in a tavern where you've been renting a room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Both are good so i thought i'd put them as allies
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: When Normal, Isn't

Aranethon sits in a corner booth, observing the patrons and generally minding his own business, he orders a meal, and a drink.
    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

3. - Top - End - #3

A waitress sets your order for you as a cloaked man walks into the tavern. It's not the man himself that catches to your attention, but the cloak, crafted from dragonhide with a multitude of small red scales covering the hide from top to bottom. He orders at the bar, a dwarven brew that could wake the dead, and sits quietly.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4

Aranethon looks at the man at the bar, quite the oddity, a cloak made of dragon hide. "I wonder who he is.."

After thinking for a few seconds Aranethon walks over to the bar and sits beside the man, "Names Aranethon.", offering his hand as he speaks.
    Last edited by KingOfLaughter; 2011-03-20 at 08:20 PM.
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

5. - Top - End - #5

The man looks at you, "Kelik," he says, not taking your hand. He is an elf, with lightly tan skinned and a shaved head. His eyes are as red as the cloak he wears. He wears a few other items made of red dragon hide, including his armor and the sheath for his sword, which seems to be made from a dragon's fang, and his bow, made of dragonbone.

You've heard of this man before, the dragon hunter Kelik S'ven'loft, likely the most successful hunter of chromatic dragons in the region.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

Aranethon drops his hand, "Kelik S'ven'loft, hunter of dragons? Rather successful in your life. Out here to hunt yet another dragon?"

7. - Top - End - #7

Kelik looks at you more closely, "A dracolich, actually, a former silver dragon corrupted by undeath. You are a paladin, correct?"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

"That is correct sir. I assume you would like my aid in this hunt?" Then in elvish
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Lighter blue!)
    "Cause I wouldn't mind the challenge, I would just have to wait until after my meeting with the arch priest however."

9. - Top - End - #9

"He's the one that called me here, and your help would be much appreciated. The undead are not a specialty of mine," Kelik says, also in elven.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

"So we may have been contacted for the same reason, I'd be glad to help, undead, and dragons can be a real mess, so an undead dragon should be twice the fun, in a weird if you like to hunt them kind of way." Aranethon chuckles as he talks, his voice serious, pointing out his lack of sarcasm, but the chuckle indicating his poor attempt at comedy.

11. - Top - End - #11

"Quite possibly," he says, "though i hope they'd know your level of skill before going into this, you'll likely need a bit more skill before going on this venture," he says scrutinizing you.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used the OA sense motive for him to know your relative skill level. Just so you know Kelik is a ranger//druid a few levels higher than yourself.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2011-03-22 at 10:50 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

"I may not be fancy with my techniques but they get my job done. Although dragons are a sight of sour milk.", Aranethon turns after speaking, "I'm to see what odd jobs the town has before my meeting, pleasure meeting you."

13. - Top - End - #13

"Likewise," Kelik says, standing before heading upstairs to the rooms above.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Aranethon walks outside, looks about then wanders looking for anyone who may or may not need help with something.

15. - Top - End - #15

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's just assume you help people with mundane things around town before going back to the inn until meeting time.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show