New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default New Beginnings, A New Life (IC Thread)

For some of you, it’s been a mere couple of days since you’ve all been within the organization known as Iustitia Gladiis. For others, it’s been weeks, maybe even years upon your arrival. Irregardless of how or even why, all each of you now know is you’ve all been called into the meeting room, more or less, to go out on your first real mission. The room is rather big (50 x 50) and is dimly lit by numerous candles. There is the one door you all came through in the south along with another in the north. Along the sides of the walls are equally numerous amounts of furniture, mainly tables and chairs. This room could easily hold over 20 people if enough were asked to be here it seemed.

Training had begun for you all almost immediately after arriving here and though it had all been rough and harsh, hopefully it will prove to have been useful. A robed figure walks in by using his foot to open to door in the north which, upon closer inspection, had been purposely left open ajar. He is carrying a tray of food in one hand and drinks in another. After setting them both down, the figure nods it’s head and speaks in a low voice, hinting it to be a male, “The master has had some last second things to deal with but he reassures you he will be here as soon as possible. He insists however that until he arrives, you all eat and drink to your content and get to know one another considering you will all be fighting alongside each other.” With a final bow of his head, the figure leaves you all in the room.

(I will post after seeing you all interact with one another for a bit.... hopefully will have stable internet by this afternoon. But while I have the opportunity to "steal" it, I'm getting this up and available for everyone. )
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: New Beginnings, A New Life (IC Thread)

Silva Rayn

Silva leans against a wall, prefering to stand and ignores the drinks, he hadn't been here long and still didn't entirely trust someone not to poison his food or drink. His chain was looped over his right shoulder to his left hip with a clip holding the chain together at his waist, a pair of blunted spikes on his studded leather jacket holding it in place on his shoulder. He keeps an eye on the other occupants but makes no move to speak with anyone, waiting for them to begin.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cassius takes a look at everyone, some of which he may already recognize to some degree, with a bit of a smile on his face.

He walks over near the wall and pulls the table with the food and drinks to the center of the room and begins to eat while standing.

"So," he says before he takes a bite, then chews for almost an awkward period of time before swallowing and continuing, "I'm assuming we're getting to know one another before our first mission together. I'm Cassius. Been here a little while and I'm itching to pull my weight."

He then picks up two drinks and holds one out for another to take, hoping to break the ice.
    Last edited by teslas; 2011-03-21 at 11:49 AM. Reason: speech colors

4. - Top - End - #4

Silva Rayn

"I was pulled in barely a week ago," Silva says, a slight elven accent tinting his common, "Name's Silva."
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2011-03-21 at 01:05 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Karlo Juma

Karlo takes the offered drink and nods his thanks towards Cassius, sipping at the beverage more for something to do than to quench any thirst. "I've seen you around," he says. "I'm Karlo. Been here a short while now. Glad they're finally giving us something to do."

He glances towards the door then leans closer to Cassius, his voice dropping to a whisper. "Say, what do you know? About the organization, I mean? I've been here over a month and I don't know a thing. Who they are? What they stand for? Nothing like that."
    Last edited by Retro Gamer; 2011-03-21 at 03:47 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cassius speaks a little more quietly but does not return the whisper in an attempt to be polite to the other two people in the room. "I don't really know much, I guess. I was here before you, but they've not had me do anything but random and simple tasks and chores. I was beginning to doubt why I joined until about five minutes ago. To make a short story short, I didn't really have any other clear purpose in life, and the organization seemed to be doing something."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silent Will listen attentively to the conversation, paying attention to every details that might give him a hint on the personality of the people before him. During training that had been ensued strictly after their arrival, interactions were minimal; almost non-existent at times. It felt... rather peculiar that they had only started conversing under the 'advice' [or rather, order] of the higher-ups. Were they some sort of tools that would do the bidding of their master without even a single question until they were inevitably discarded? Or were they some pitiful creatures leeching off the wealth and warmth of their host? Maybe the answer lay in between the vague connection between them, striving to survive the endless ordeal of life.

Nevertheless, it would do no good to him for not interacting with the others. After all, the 'advice' held some truth behind them. 'I am Silent Will, purely Will would be sufficient. Glad to make your acquaintance.' He nodded in acknowledgment of their presence before pulling the nearest chair to the table and took a brief nibble of the food, while sitting comfortably on the sturdy chair. Salty. The taste had never changed much during his younger years and probably wouldn't for the rest of his time there. After all, who were they to request for an exquisite meal placed before them?

Sensing the discomfort of Silva, he stated calmly, though slight hint of nervousness; probably from his long years of isolation, had managed to slip in occasionally during his speech, 'If I am you, I wouldn't be so cautious of the food given. They had plenty of chances to 'accidentally' causes our death; why wait until now when they had spent unmeasurable wealth and time on us?' Taking another bite of the food, Will frowned; the unbearable and yet familiar taste of the food did little to ease his hunger. 'Furthermore, it would be rather discourteous of us to not enjoy the meal provided by our host, no? Though I, personally, would always prefer to have someone saving my life in case they did instill poison in these,' Will said fluently, seemingly overcame his nervousness after a few words with them; social could do wonders after all.

He looked directly at Silva, awaiting eagerly for his answer on the matter in discuss with the keen eyes of a predator waiting for his prey to make his move.

8. - Top - End - #8

Silva Rayn

"Like i said, i've only been here a week, only a room with few furnishings have been provided. I'd say i'm the most disposable in this room in that regard. I was recruited after a bar fight where one of them saw my fighting style," he says, looping a finger through the chain wrapped around his torso at the last sentence. "And i've never been one for manners."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cassius sits, frozen halfway through biting a piece of food staring at Will, "... Right..."

A few more seconds go by and he snaps out of it, addressing everyone. "So what do you think they'll have us do? None of us look defenseless, if you catch my meaning."
    Last edited by teslas; 2011-03-21 at 06:48 PM. Reason: punctuation is hard

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Will chuckled before replying to Silva's concern, 'When we are in the same ship, we are all disposable; regardless of our history nor the time we are here.' Tuning down his tone to that of apologetic, he continued in an attempt to mend the tense situation, 'Sorry if I had offended you in any way, I assured you that it was not in purpose and it shall never occur again if it was within my ability to do so.'

Taking another sip of the drink, he continued in a rather carefree manner, 'I would undoubtedly expect them to provide us with some elimination mission, given how combat-oriented we are. However, that was just an assumption; it was in no way that reconnaissance and rescue operation should be excluded in the possibility, just slightly slimmer in chance.' Will paused momentarily, finishing his share of the meal quicker than the rest of them despite his disdain of it. 'Though I wouldn't deny that I would rather had a feast of some sort, since the likelihood of this being my last one is kinda high.'

Will slanted his position and sat comfortably; there was nothing else to do and absolutely no reason for them to be worried on something beyond their ability to comprehend nor predict.
    Last edited by Kenji; 2011-03-22 at 10:10 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Silva Rayn

"No offense taken," Silva says, "If i took offense at every criticism or comment made i'd end up as alone as a hermit," he chuckles lightly in good humor.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

The door to the north finally opens as a tall, robed man walks in, standing at a full height well over 6 feet, almost six and a half. "A thousand pardons. I do hope you enjoyed the meal while I was out. Usually I'm not this late. Anyways...." He pulls his hood down, showing a head of dark raven hair that is short, stopping a little above his shoulders. He seems to keep himself incredibly well groomed as he has no facial hair, only the one upon his head can be seen. His eyes are heterochromic actually with the left one being a hazel hue and the right being more along the lines of a blue-green color. Another interesting feature that is almost immediately noticeable is the massive sword strapped to his back.

He looks amongst the entire group before nodding and speaking,, bowing his head slightly as he finally began to speak, "My name is Father Vae and I am the founder of this Organization. It's a tad ironic that when I first founded this, more women seemed to join and yet I seem to be looking at the opposite gender. Not that it's a bad thing... just interesting to note." He puts his hands behind his back as he begins to explain the reason for calling you all here.

"I'm sure you're all anxious about the true intention of me asking you all to be here, yes? It's fair enough... most people are nervous before the first mission. Iustitia Gladiis is, for a lack of better wording,, an agency that exterminates monsters for villages or small cities where few to almost no people know how to defend themselves. However, we choose our candidates to send out very carefully, hence the reason for all of your training you had had prior to this meeting.." He pauses for a bit, partly to regain his breath and also to see if anyone had any questions. Upon getting his silent reply, he nods and continues on.

"A little south of here, there is a small village by the name of Sulindal. Depending on how quick you make haste, it should take anywhere from 4 hours to 10 hours to arrive. Needless to say, the mayor's daughter sent in an urgent request. Though the message was rushed in writing,, I did mention to see something about goblins I believe. I'm not 100% sure, but I do know I'm not intentionally lying should I be wrong.. Now then, if any questions are to be asked or any last second preparations need to be made, I suggest you all do so now whilst you have a chance. Otherwise, best to head out sooner preferably than later." His eyes had never once left the group as he remains standing a little in front of the group, patiently waiting for anyone to speak up or see if you were to all head out.
    Last edited by VirgoBushin; 2011-03-22 at 12:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cassius wipes his mouth clean with the napkin he's holding, sets it down, and walks closer to the door, waiting to leave. He does a very poor job of hiding his anticipation.

14. - Top - End - #14

Karlo

Karlo's eyes sparkle as Father Vae details their first mission. At last, a chance to avenge his family and help another village avoid the cruel fate that destroyed his own.

"Will we be given anything to help us, Father?" he says respectfully.

15. - Top - End - #15

Silva Rayn

Silva shrugs and follows Cassius to the door, "We'll need a map, unless someone else is more familiar with the area."
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2011-03-22 at 02:38 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

The man was nothing like what Will had expected; much 'kinder', or would it be much slier? Regardless of the peculiarity, Will stood up before speaking in a concern manner, 'Hopefully some kind of transport had been prepared for the ease of our travel, ready to depart at anytime now. After all, time is an essential element by the sound of it.' With that said, Will slightly nodded in acknowledgment of Father Vae before heading toward the south door slowly, waiting for any replies that might come out from Father Vae.
    Last edited by Kenji; 2011-03-23 at 08:24 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17

"From what I have seen from all of your records, at least one of you has divine abilities last I saw. Irregardless, think of this mission as also a test. You head out with nothing save your bodies and weapons you all have. I do believe it should be clear on what your options are for outcomes... nor do I need to explain them. As you've stated, time is indeed essential so if I were you all, I'd spend less time talking and use more of it to getting down to affairs, don't you agree?" With that, he heads back through the door he had came out of. A smirk that can't be seen lest you were in front of him crosses his face as he gives out one last phrase to you all, "I expect to see you all back soon. Until then...." He finishes walking past the door, leaving you all to plan out things while talking simultaneously.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

18. - Top - End - #18

Silva Rayn

"So much for a map," Silva comments as Vae leaves, he then shakes his head, "let's just go, better to move and get there quicker while planning than sitting here talking."
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2011-03-23 at 11:40 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Upon receiving the answer, Will frowned; disbelieve of what he had just heard. This was certainly not the actions taken by a man who would want to save others out of their difficulty. Nevertheless, he nodded to Silva's comment and proceeded toward the partially secluded main gate leading to Iustitia Gladiis, deep in his own thought.

20. - Top - End - #20

Grabbing a last handful of food from the table, Karlo follows the others to the door. "I have heard of this place, I'm from near here myself. I've never been there but I think if we just head south we should find it without too much trouble. Let's set a strong pace, try and get there as quickly as we can."

Moving past the others, he heads outside, looking purposeful.