New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony: Avatar is Magic (also Adopt-a-Pony)

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Reposting from the main theme week thread:
    I won't be able to email the full set of .svgs until I get home (15th), but I'll do eet then.

Thanks for taking on the challenge of the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Wow, that was quick!

Changes ... well, there are a couple of things. Can you make her coat a little brighter? Like ... like Lily. (aka "The horror!!! *faints*") Maybe make the flower a little more vibrant?

Also, maybe make the mane and tail a little ... more interesting? Maybe more like Applecore's? (See the list of background ponies.) Maybe not have it covering the eyes so much?

Also, the expression seems a little ... off to me. I was thinking something like a comforting smile.

(Oh, also the back leg also looks a little ... odd, but that's not a big deal.)

Thanks, it looks pretty good otherwise. ^_^
    Is this any better?

@Eleanor
    I figured out how to get my tablet to work in inkscape, so this may work for you. File > Input Devices, and then check all the boxes for your tablet.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

You'll have to ask Kairaven, because I don't have the high-rez version of my avvy, sorry.

Poor Silvermane, she's gonna be mortified at being on a public banner for all to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Crown of Thorns View Post
    Is this any better?

@Eleanor
    I figured out how to get my tablet to work in inkscape, so this may work for you. File > Input Devices, and then check all the boxes for your tablet.
    Awesome. Just a couple more minor tweaks, and I think we're good. One, can you make the flower just a little bit more visible?And can you make the back of her mane a little more visible, maybe make it a little bigger, maybe falling in the foreground a bit? And maybe make the mane just a biiiit brighter? Thanks.

EDIT: Oh, can I also get a slightly bigger version to use as my character's picture in the thread?
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-04-12 at 09:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    You'll have to ask Kairaven, because I don't have the high-rez version of my avvy, sorry.

Poor Silvermane, she's gonna be mortified at being on a public banner for all to see.

Awesome. Just a couple more minor tweaks, and I think we're good. One, can you make the flower just a little bit more visible?And can you make the back of her mane a little more visible, maybe make it a little bigger, maybe falling in the foreground a bit? And maybe make the mane just a biiiit brighter? Thanks.

EDIT: Oh, can I also get a slightly bigger version to use as my character's picture in the thread?
    I can't find a way to make foreground hair look good.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks, CoT! Ooone last tiny thing, can you make the eyes a little more vibrant?
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

*sigh* I live to therve, marthter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Etcetera; 2011-04-12 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Well that was stupid

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Axinian View Post
    I'm requesting a Viewtiful Joe pony.
    For reference:
    http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/V.Joe.jpg
    http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/v...0joe_58657.jpg
    http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery...ful-joe-04.jpg

Type: Unicorn
    Coat: Red
    Mane and Tail: Pink and flowing out behind him, like the cape
    Eye color: the blue visor
    Cutie mark: the pink "V" that is Viewtiful Joe's trademark
    Pose: Preferably the pose in the third sample picture above.
    Expressions: an open-mouthed smile, possibly with tongue
    Accessories or costumes: a V on the head like the one on Joe's helmet, and a V-watch on his horn
    I got this. (Hopefully no one started on it yet?)

7. - Top - End - #487
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm
    Include as attachments as many ponytars as you can. I want high-resolution versions (at least 500 pixels on one dimension), or better yet the original svg file.
    so yea.... bad news, I don't use vector graphics (I use photoshop and hand/mouse drawn) and I don't think I have any picture over 200 pixels. Everypony I've done is located in
    http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/Kai_raven/pony/

so, have fun.
    ----------------------

Sry I haven't been updateing in this thread, beeen real busy lately. I'll go and update everythign now.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

*sigh* I live to therve, marthter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah ... I think I may have miscommunicated on the eyes. ^^;

I mean more vibrant, not darker. Like ... lemme fiddle around in GIMP for a moment.

Like this. http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8...kflightrp1.png

(I would've just done it myself and uploaded, but I didn't want to step on any toes, so I figured it best to leave that up to you.)

Scratch that, I'm actually liking the darker purple. Would it be possible to have the pinkish part at the top take up a bit more space though? Like right up to the 'shine' off the iris.

Also, it seems like the tippy-top of the hair is cut off? Would it be possible to fix this, or ... if not, it's fine.

Sorry for being so picky. ^^;
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-04-12 at 01:33 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    so yea.... bad news, I don't use vector graphics (I use photoshop and hand/mouse drawn) and I don't think I have any picture over 200 pixels. Everypony I've done is located in
    http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/Kai_raven/pony/

so, have fun.
    ----------------------

Sry I haven't been updateing in this thread, beeen real busy lately. I'll go and update everythign now.
    That's fine. They might wind up smaller than the rest in the final product (depending on how well GIMP and Inkscape can upscale) is all.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raveypoos View Post
    oh, damn. Eh, how about Engineer instead?
    Hey, look buddy. I'm an engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like, "What is friendship?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. I solve practical problems. F'r instance, how am I gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing me a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a hug. And if that don't work? Use more hugs. Like this little old hug designed by me, tested by me, and you best hope... pointed at you.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by vp21ct View Post
    Can anyone do kinda like this, but in Clerics garb? Perhaps a holy symbol for celestia, if she's clad in armor.:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Evwy one skipped me :(
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosjsjach View Post

To DM or not to DM-- that is the question:
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous monsters,
    Or to take arms against a sea of Players
    And, by opposing, end them.

My homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

Evwy one skipped me :(
    It's been up for less than a day.
    I seem to be the only active ponytarist at this instant.
    I am currently undertaking three requests.
    Dude.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright.

We have a little over a dozen avatar requests.

A handful of active avatarists.

6 days left in Pony Week.

We can do this, guys. We just need a little inspirational music.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry, don't mean to sound pushy. I'm just neurotic and get worried/sad when noone responds to posts. IT's a bad habit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosjsjach View Post

To DM or not to DM-- that is the question:
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous monsters,
    Or to take arms against a sea of Players
    And, by opposing, end them.

My homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy9000 View Post
    Hope it isn't to late to get in on this. I'm basically looking for a pony-fied version of my current avatar.

Type: Earth Pony
    Coat: Mostly Beige
    Mane: Brown and somewhat tattered
    Eye color: Green/Gold
    Cutie mark: Stitching in shape of a happy face
    Pose: Standing, with one leg falling off/ripped at seam
    Expression: Mild annoyance
    Accessories or costumes: Stitching around different colored coats/skin throughout.

Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to do this (horribly dark and twisted pony)!

Feedback?

16. - Top - End - #496
    Barbarian in the Playground

Feedback?
    I dunno if you were looking for general feedback or just feedback from Lappy but I'll throw a couple of opinions/observations out there just to see if it's helpful.
    Personally, I think the expression's pretty sweet. It's very subtle but it does look to me like the kind of faint irritation of a zombie who has this sort of thing happen to them all the time.
    If it were me, I might have made the main body a little more patchy as the way it is at the moment is a pretty subtle patchwork effect, but I've been known to overdo things and this may be exactly what Lappy was looking for, so take that with a pinch of salt! It took me a little while to realise what was going on there though so I think maybe a couple more patchy bits on the body/ head/ neck (I realise there's a bit on the chest/lower neck already, and that's nice) wouldn't go amiss just to hammer the zombie-esque-ness home a little, or maybe a slightly stronger contrast between some of the patches that are already there?
    Just some thoughts...

Edit: on second thoughts, the contrast's probably about right, I think what threw me was that the majority of the patchyness is large portions of the legs so I didn't realise that the dropped off limb was a dropped off limb straight away - maybe if there was a patch across the pony's middle in a similar shade to the leg or possibly a patch of the main body colour on the fallen leg even? Like I said, I'm obviously not the person who requested the avatar, so I may be leading you astray here, I mainly commented since you asked for feedback and you gave me a lot on my ponytar, which was helpful.
    Last edited by Eleanor_Rigby; 2011-04-13 at 07:23 AM.
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor_Rigby View Post
    I dunno if you were looking for general feedback or just feedback from Lappy but I'll throw a couple of opinions/observations out there just to see if it's helpful.
    Personally, I think the expression's pretty sweet. It's very subtle but it does look to me like the kind of faint irritation of a zombie who has this sort of thing happen to them all the time.
    If it were me, I might have made the main body a little more patchy as the way it is at the moment is a pretty subtle patchwork effect, but I've been known to overdo things and this may be exactly what Lappy was looking for, so take that with a pinch of salt! It took me a little while to realise what was going on there though so I think maybe a couple more patchy bits on the body/ head/ neck (I realise there's a bit on the chest/lower neck already, and that's nice) wouldn't go amiss just to hammer the zombie-esque-ness home a little, or maybe a slightly stronger contrast between some of the patches that are already there?
    Just some thoughts...

Edit: on second thoughts, the contrast's probably about right, I think what threw me was that the majority of the patchyness is large portions of the legs so I didn't realise that the dropped off limb was a dropped off limb straight away - maybe if there was a patch across the pony's middle in a similar shade to the leg or possibly a patch of the main body colour on the fallen leg even? Like I said, I'm obviously not the person who requested the avatar, so I may be leading you astray here, I mainly commented since you asked for feedback and you gave me a lot on my ponytar, which was helpful.
    Nah, it's a fair point, and I see what you mean. Besides, this way he has more choice, which can only be a good thing. Have you got your tablet working with inkscape yet, by the way?

18. - Top - End - #498

Nah, it's a fair point, and I see what you mean. Besides, this way he has more choice, which can only be a good thing. Have you got your tablet working with inkscape yet, by the way?

[pony]
    Ooh, I like this one much better

Haven't been back on inkscape yet since you explained about the tablet, I'll give it a go when I do and let you know!
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

I think that line coming off the patch on his background-front-leg is distracting. It moves along the same path as his leg would if it were still attached, so my eye gets confused.

20. - Top - End - #500

here one old wish sucefull created (i know, i dont look as cyclop pony... and dippler is hard for me to make... okey, i know... this wish is failure)

and one another
    Last edited by Akrim.elf; 2011-04-13 at 12:10 PM.
    link to my comic look at spoiler -Update 30.4.13

if you did not understand my contribution - to the cursed Google Talk (and my inability to learn foreign languages)
    Notice - if you lost PonyTars made by me, look here - >
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/Akrim13/PonyAvatars/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ24

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Akrim.elf View Post
    here one old wish sucefull created (i know, i dont look as cyclop pony... and dippler is hard for me to make... okey, i know... this wish is failure)
    -snip-
    You mean you drew Leela, right? I think that's what you're saying.

Anyway:
    I may take things a little too literally. And I cannot draw braids. And I'm going to be taking a break from ponytars for the foreseeable future.
    So...
    yeah.

22. - Top - End - #502

Quote Originally Posted by Akrim.elf View Post
    and one another
    Awesome Sabine pony! *Adds to OotS Pony list.*
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

You mean you drew Leela, right? I think that's what you're saying.

Anyway:
    I may take things a little too literally. And I cannot draw braids. And I'm going to be taking a break from ponytars for the foreseeable future.
    So...
    yeah.
    ZOMG! I love it!

Can you shrink it down to Avatar size for me? Ploxandthnx
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2011-04-13 at 02:47 PM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    ZOMG! I love it!

Can you shrink it down to Avatar size for me? Ploxandthnx
    Good good. I flipped it, so she can be in perpetual surprise at whatever you choose to post.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

She isn't avatar sized is she? I would love to make her my avatar if she was.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Third time's the charm.

27. - Top - End - #507

I found a great online picture editor.

http://pixlr.com/editor/

Just copy the image url and load it into the editor, go under 'image' and select 'image size' and edit the largest value to 120 pixels and save as a png (to preserve transparency) to your hard drive and export it to an image hosting site.

Like so:
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2011-04-13 at 03:05 PM.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

28. - Top - End - #508
    Colossus in the Playground

Fun fact: Photobucket can also do all that

Heeee, Leela pony

29. - Top - End - #509

Quote Originally Posted by rakkoon View Post
    Would anyone be up for a Raccoon pony? I'm thinking of a pony with a raccoon tail myself but I'm up for other options.

Can anyone do kinda like this, but in Clerics garb? Perhaps a holy symbol for celestia, if she's clad in armor.:
    Spoiler
    Show

after the pre sorry if I did something that someone else wanted to do ...
    I collected from the list on the first page ...
    Last edited by Akrim.elf; 2011-04-14 at 12:45 PM.
    link to my comic look at spoiler -Update 30.4.13

if you did not understand my contribution - to the cursed Google Talk (and my inability to learn foreign languages)
    Notice - if you lost PonyTars made by me, look here - >
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/Akrim13/PonyAvatars/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ24

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Axinian View Post
    I'm requesting a Viewtiful Joe pony.
    Let's rock baby, Yeah! 500 IEWTIFULS!

Spoiler
    Show

I hope you don't mind that I didn't add a unicorn horn. It just didn't look right with the Voomerang already taking up space on his forehead.

As an aside to everyone else in the thread, I've gotten a few avatars sent to me already, but not nearly all of them (I know there are tons more than I received). After the week ends, I'll be trawling through the thread again for any that I don't have yet unless you specifically ask me not to use your work, and any avatars used will be anonymously included. The email system is just to make collecting them easier on me; I want to show off all the wonderful art we made for this week on Equestria Daily.
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-04-14 at 10:02 PM.