New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 31

Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Delta is slightly stunned for a moment. She wasn't expecting that.

Oh...*blinkblink*...well...I guess it'd be nice to have a little sister...
    Jamie smiles happily.
    "Awesome! I guess I probably should get some rest though."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

[University of Inside]

As Prometheus enters the room, the door is closed and locked behind him. The room he's entered is the most boring classroom imaginable. The walls, ceiling, and floor are all a dull grey. The desks are minimal and nothing decorates the room.

Sitting at the teacher's desk is a middle aged woman in a plain grey outfit. She's busy scribbling on some papers and doesn't look up as the, whatever he is enters.

The room makes Prometheus feel like the best way to spend this class wuold be a good nap.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

MagMart

Fade arrives in the MagMart with a plant. He goes for the next Magbot sending his shadow around, if he finds one he will ask them:

"Hey is there someone here with knowledge about plants?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #94

[University of Inside?]

Prometheus sits down at a desk, the third row from the door, the second desk back. He stares straight ahead, trying to ignore the desire to sleep as it creeps into his brain, which isn't easy, despite his ability to go days without sleep, which doesn't seem to be working as it should.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

[Definitely Not the University of Inside]

Then rest of the class makes their way into the room and take their seats. The teacher doesn't appear to notice that they are late.

The lesson begins. It is quite possibly the dullest thing anybody has every heard anywhere. The facts are so stripped down, it's like she's explaining it to a two year old. Her voice drones on and on.

A pen and note paper appear on the desk in front of Prometheus.

6. - Top - End - #96

[Not in Kansas Anymore]

Prometheus briefly considers murdering the teacher, for creating such a mockery of education, but instead takes the pencil and begins to take notes. This is actually harder then just murdering his way out, because Prometheus can barely write, being somewhere around twelve hours old. He struggles to take notes, most of which is only just legible scrawlings, doing his best to look like he's paying complete attention.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

[University of DOOM!]

After a while of the most tedious teaching imaginable, the teacher announces, "Time for a test." She even passes out the tests in a boring manner.

The test appears to be written in a language from another planet, and about places and people that most likely never existed.

Good luck.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Red Zone-Gang Hideout

Eric will find that he's somehow much stronger than usual, and that simple punches and kicks shatter bones and bruise flesh. The thug writhes in pain beneath Eric's assault and drops his poorly kept pistol.

Around Eric, the hounds and the crowd they amassed tear into the thugs with ruthless, bloody, messy efficiency. Nothing stops them, they are like vicious animals tearing into their prey.

The screams of the thieves and murderers can be heard several blocks away.
    Eric Will continue his assault as long as there are thugs still standing

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    Hansel's Bakery

"Sure."
    Grace pulls out a small card and taps it on the table, and a nice stack of coins appears. She leaves this on the table (apparently confident that no one would dare steal from Hansel), and then stands and heads out when Eric is ready.
    Eric follows her as she heads out, his eyes drifting to her tails again, and for some strange reason he begins thing of how her spine must split to deal with those limbs. or was there a different junction like with the arms and legs? he couldn't tell with all the clothes, and it wasn't like he was going to ask. Oh, right. better stop looking. Ok, back to her hair.

He continues too munch on his cookie as they leave
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Market Streets]

"I never noticed anything unusual." The apple merchant says. "This was the best harvest we've ever had."

The brewer waves a fat finger, disagreeing. "There was that one fellow, snooping around. Asking for offerings. I couldn't believe it. Do I look like I run a charity to you?"

"Hey yeah." The apple merchant nods, remembering. "He was that fellow with horse's hooves for feet."
    Justinian frowns. "Can you tell me anything about him besides that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Red Zone - Chapel of the Masks]

Some weird, completely bald guy with a complex ward on his head approaches here. He's got a bit of a... worn look to him, but his face lacks scarring. He's got grey ey-- oh wait that's Jack. He's wearing casual civilian clothes, namely a white shirt and a pair of trousers. Still, I'm not sure many people will recognize him until they hear his voice.

He walks towards the entrance with a humble, controlled little gait.
    He'll see that the territory has been enlarged, and so has security. No one is leaving or moving away from the main buildings in anything less than groups of three, and all of them keeping their hands on larger weapons than usual.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Halfling in the Playground

[Chapel of the Masks]

Jack observes all of this impassively, giving people polite nods as he passes. If allowed, he goes to enter, hands folded behind his back.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

The Masks-Chapel

Jack will see Juan, wearing a new Black Mask, talking to a woman wearing one as well. He may recognize her voice as the woman who had initially introduced him to the cult. They're talking about where they have yet to put up fliers on how to tell Genestealer Cultists from everyone else. Unfortunately, the details are few, and mostly unclear.

12. - Top - End - #102

[DOOM! University]

Prometheus stares at the test. And back at his notes. He decides, that if he escapes, he's going to send a Drone back here to stab that teacher. For now, he begins to write, answering the first three questions with facts from his notes, then, when he reaches question number four, he lightly taps the kid in front of him on the shoulder. "When was it meant to happen?" He whispers.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

[DOOM! University]

The kid glances around nervously before writing on a piece of paper. He hands it back and quickly returns to his test.

The note specifies that the Object is in the teacher's desk drawer.

14. - Top - End - #104

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    The Masks-Chapel

Jack will see Juan, wearing a new Black Mask, talking to a woman wearing one as well. He may recognize her voice as the woman who had initially introduced him to the cult. They're talking about where they have yet to put up fliers on how to tell Genestealer Cultists from everyone else. Unfortunately, the details are few, and mostly unclear.
    "Oh, hey there." Jack gives them a wave, probably hearing a part of the conversation. His tone is super-mellow. "You know, sorry to butt in, but I could probably help pick these... things out."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-03-25 at 07:03 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arkham Street - Ward Cemetery]

Raril follows after Reinholdt, keeping an eye on the limbs that were poking out of the ground, expecting them to reanimate and attack.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Masks Chapel

"Jack? Is that you?" The now always-visible Xifra seems to have picked up some confidence and isn't shrinking from everyone's gaze all the time. She is still wearing her Mask, and before she recognized Jack, was about to walk up and put an arm around Juan.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Masks-Chapel

The woman stops, and so does Juan, both looking at him carefully, but a little hopefully. "How so?" She asks.

((How much do you know about them?))

18. - Top - End - #108

[Good Old DOOM! University]

Without looking away from the note, or attempting to move from his seat, Prometheus quickly draws his assault rifle, before looking up, ready to fire at whatever attacks him.

19. - Top - End - #109

((Very little. I just figured... well, I'll let Jack explain. Also, I probably gotta deadtime for an hour or two fairly soon.))

Masks - Chapel

"Project a field. Detect psychic or mental abnormalities. Walk around, then detain anybody out of whack." He pauses. "Might that work?"

Then Jack turns to his apprentice, giving her a very human, toothless smile. Given how fascinated she'd been by eldritch horrors prior, this change in expression might be a bit disconcerting. "Who else? Good to see you again, Xifra. Been practicing, I hope."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-03-25 at 07:21 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Masks

I hope you mean toothless in the 'teeth not showing' sense and not in the 'teeth no longer present' sense. Because the latter is definitely not attractive.

Xifra looks rather startled. "I-I have." she says, not moving any closer to this strange person who does not look like Jack.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Masks

The woman sighs and shakes her head as Juan moves closer to Xifra, trying to reassure her with his presence. "If you do that here, in the Underhive, you'd have to gather up half the people, including most of us. Very few people here are normal at all."

22. - Top - End - #112

Masks

The first one, probably.

Jack steps towards her brisquely, either not noting or not caring any amount of surprise. Deliberately cutting off Juan. He looks down at her... almost compassionately. If he didn't look so neutral.

"Good to hear. I'd like to get started teaching you mind magic soon." A pause. "How've you been, dear? You look a tad out of sorts."

Then he pauses to consider the woman's statement. "Then I'll look for a specific abnormality. Show me a genestealer. I'll document it's imprint. Then look for more."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-03-25 at 07:37 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #113
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Arkham Street - Ward Cemetery]

Yes.

Best to watch those moldering limbs poking out of the earth like grotesque anthropomorphic mushrooms. A grisly reminder of the unhallowed things that happen here.

Some of them look gnawed.

Others twitch and spasm as the trio walks past.

But in the end...

No attack ever comes. It might be worse than zombies actually threatening the party. At least then one is running on adrenalin rather than a tense feeling of expectation and fear.

The cottage looms before them, weathered shutters hanging loose about windows that burn as unnatural eyes. A stench of rotting flesh and ozone fills the air.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Masks

Xifra takes and squeezes Juan's hand without taking her eyes off of Jack. Looking for the Other, of course. "It's been a bit stressful here, as you've heard. I never thought you could be vulnerable to the Genestealers, but when you came in looking so different..."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

[Good Horrible Old DOOM! University]

When Prometheus will find that the students and teacher have changed into horrible imitations of their previous forms.

They attack all at once, trying to rush him and pull him to the ground.

Feel free to just get to the Object in one post. I don't really want to RP out combat for this. >.>

26. - Top - End - #116
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Market Streets]

"I never noticed anything unusual." The apple merchant says. "This was the best harvest we've ever had."

The brewer waves a fat finger, disagreeing. "There was that one fellow, snooping around. Asking for offerings. I couldn't believe it. Do I look like I run a charity to you?"

"Hey yeah." The apple merchant nods, remembering. "He was that fellow with horse's hooves for feet."
    Somebody was asking for offerings?

On the Market Streets?

Exactly how daft did one have to be to do that?

Nephea couldn't help but smirk at the thought as the only donations that the people here did were the unknowing sort to the 'anonymous' who held out their hands in just the right way...

Though, horse hooves? Like a centaur or something? Maybe he had been a street performer? Centaurs were the ones with the pan-pipes, right? No, wait, that was satyrs.

However, while this did seem odd, Nephea wasn't exactly entranced with the idea of going out and finding someone on account of spoiled apples. Though, she would keep her ears pricked up just in case a similar story filtered through the crowd. It would make for good gossip, at least.

27. - Top - End - #117

[DOOM! University]

Prometheus opens fire, indiscriminately firing at anything between him and the desk as he advances towards it, striking any monster that tries to sneak up behind him with a well placed elbow. Once he reaches the desk, he will tear open the drawer, looking for the package containing the Object.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

[DOOM! University]

The plain brown paper package tied with twine, about the size of a large soup can is grabbed. There is a thin paper envelope is tied under the string as well.

The remaining, still living students attack with a renewed vigor.

29. - Top - End - #119

[Masks]

When she looks, it actually readily reveals itself to her. Happily, even. His eyes hollow out, dead stars glimmering in his sockets. An grin invisible to all but Xifra spreads across his face. Splits his face. It's as though the Other simply ate Jack. Or they're finally working together again, if Xifra can even understand that.

Then he laughs, and the whole spectacle melts off his face like metaphysical slime. "Hah! You dig the new look? It's like I'm a monk again." He gestures vaguely at the bald head and scrawled rune. The grey - the hollow man studies Xifra's face, still smiling. "You look different too. Adjusted."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-03-25 at 07:59 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #120

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [DOOM! University]

The plain brown paper package tied with twine, about the size of a large soup can is grabbed. There is a thin paper envelope is tied under the string as well.

The remaining, still living students attack with a renewed vigor.
    Prometheus fires again at the nearest students, shoving the package into his pocket with the other hand, and completely empties the clip, before dropping the gun, grabbing the desk with both hands, and hurling it at the horrid creatures. He might get hit a few times while doing this.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-03-25 at 08:05 PM.