New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 31

Near Trog's

"I don't get what you're talking about, I can handle mehself just fi-Oh. Oh dear," Garrett notices the wound, stares for a second,a and shrugs, rolling under a swipe from a consumer claw and stabbing a springbug.

The vines manage to topple several of the taller bugs, and towards the end an entire brood of scarabs is squashed!
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Near Trog's

"I don't get what you're talking about, I can handle mehself just fi-Oh. Oh dear," Garrett notices the wound, stares for a second,a and shrugs, rolling under a swipe from a consumer claw and stabbing a springbug.

The vines manage to topple several of the taller bugs, and towards the end an entire brood of scarabs is squashed!
    Din nods "we need lure them into a choking point. come over here, and I can throw you a heal!"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

Garrett shrugs and dashes his way past a consumer to get to Din and-
    "Waooohf! The hell?" he turns about to see a long, snaking tentacle has popped out of a consumer's claw and wrapped about his foot!

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garrett shrugs and dashes his way past a consumer to get to Din and-
    "Waooohf! The hell?" he turns about to see a long, snaking tentacle has popped out of a consumer's claw and wrapped about his foot!
    Din slashes at it with her sword "get the heck out of here"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Sacred Grounds]

"Yep! There's some speculation that Trog's is, in fact, the dead center of the Nexus since the vast majority of newcomers end up there first," Zee replies with a nod of affirmation. "I started out there, too. Feel though a portal on top of a recliner chair."

It was rather silly.

Like most things relating to Zee, really.

At the mention of being normal her expression brightens considerably. When one takes into account how bright her expression is normally that's really saying something.

"Wow! Really? You really think I'm normal? That's great!" she's grinning ear to ear now. "Eeeee! I've really been practicing too! And now it's paying off! What's the most normal thing about me?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

[Red]

Spoiler
    Show

Now see, the problem with that: Haruki grabbed the handle with his bloody hand. His Angel Bloody hand. The hilt is soaked in holy blood.

The Angel is caught off-guard,but it's nice when things just fit together, so he spins around and brings his elbow around the right side, straight at the vampire's face.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2011-04-06 at 04:08 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by iElf View Post
    Din slashes at it with her sword "get the heck out of here"
    The tentacle snaps and Garrett scrabbles up to his feet and runs towards Din, using his sword to fend off the claws and tentacles.
    "Thanks."

(Recaiden) He lives!

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sacred Grounds]

Eric laughs and says, "It's not really something that you can quantify. Or at least I can't. You're just a lot like a lot of people I've spent time with. Thus, normal, at least for me."

Still smiling, he asks, "But what do you mean by practicing?"
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-04-06 at 04:40 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Hartwater Inn]

Mhmmm. I can see the spirit possessing Aleida trying to open the door. Apparently, whatever it is that it's linked to is behind it, Dorotha informs Milos and Crissy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Hartwater Inn

"Well...I guess maybe we should, like, open it then," Crissy observes, taking a deep breath and looking at her companions. "Alright?"
    Hartwater Inn

Milos frowns at the door. "Can either of you pick locks? I mean, I could try to bust it open, but I'm not sure I can since the wood is so old."

Sewers

The steel door is several feet thick, made to resist explosives and hold back multiple thousands of gallons of sewage in emergencies. So, it's going to take the White Creation a while to get through.

That said, the manhole cover has stopped rattling. The Creations won't know it, but Carl and the Tunnel Rats have been recalled.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Dwarf in the Playground

The tentacle snaps and Garrett scrabbles up to his feet and runs towards Din, using his sword to fend off the claws and tentacles.
    "Thanks."
    Din ties to give him a quick heal as she retreats "there needs to be an enclosed space here somewhere...something like a shopping centre...or a indoor passageway or something..."

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

[Hartwater Inn]

Dorotha shakes her head. No, and I'm not sure if I have anything in my bag that would help.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground

Din ties to give him a quick heal as she retreats "there needs to be an enclosed space here somewhere...something like a shopping centre...or a indoor passageway or something..."
    The wound closes up and Garrett nods in appreciation.
    "Alleyway? Burst into one of those town houses?"

(Recaiden) He lives!

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Dwarf in the Playground

The wound closes up and Garrett nods in appreciation.
    "Alleyway? Burst into one of those town houses?"
    Din nods "but an alley way with a way out...last stands are called that for a reason" Din has a look around, while she retreats, creating more vines to try and hinder the bugs

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    [Red]

Spoiler
    Show

Now see, the problem with that: Haruki grabbed the handle with his bloody hand. His Angel Bloody hand. The hilt is soaked in holy blood.

The Angel is caught off-guard,but it's nice when things just fit together, so he spins around and brings his elbow around the right side, straight at the vampire's face.
    [Somewhere else in the Red Zone]

Rot hisses and grimaces as the skin touching the angel blood begins to scar and boil. But he once again fails to be set on fire.

The vampire does a large split that would really hurt if he wasn't undead to dodge the elbow going toward his face. With legs still split, he takes the jagged dagger in his left hand and tries to stab it into one of Haruki's legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

Din nods "but an alley way with a way out...last stands are called that for a reason" Din has a look around, while she retreats, creating more vines to try and hinder the bugs
    Garrett shrugs and dashes forward, grabbing onto one of the vines and hitching a ride to get within range and throw a fireball into the swarm! Several bugs are squashed, but even more pour forward!

(Recaiden) He lives!

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garrett shrugs and dashes forward, grabbing onto one of the vines and hitching a ride to get within range and throw a fireball into the swarm! Several bugs are squashed, but even more pour forward!
    Din groans "GET BACK HERE YOU NITWIT!"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

Near Trog's

"Knights don't retreat!" Garrett says in a voice that suggests he just wanted to set the bugs on fire, then allows the vine to pull him back. He's bound to get whiplash from that, but hey.

(Recaiden) He lives!

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Orc in the Playground

Streets

A man wearing chainmail under a red tabard with a black two-tailed scorpion emblazoned upon it appears here after he's teleported. He has brown hair and eyes, and around his neck is a silver amulet depicting a two-tailed scorpion. Drawing a wooden club enscribed with mystic symbols, he stops a random person to ask what's going on. Receiving an answer, he starts rallying people and leading them to the nearest Emergency Bunker.

Elsewhere in the Streets

The other clerics of Dalachrech are also organising people to the Emergency Bunkers; when one party arrives there, the clerics leave to gather more people and lead them to the bunkers.

Emergency Bunker

An elderly lady, perhaps in her eighties, is trying to organise a militia in case something tries to get in. She's wearing a floral dress and a pink woolen cardigan, with a handbag on her shoulder and a heavy-looking flail in her hands. An asthmatic male half-orc is trying vainly to persuade her to let other, younger bodies do any defensive work that needs doing. The half-orc calls the elderly lady 'Mum' quite a lot. Eventually, he gives up and she stands on something so that everybody can see her. "Right! I am Mrs. Bloodplunder, and we don't know what's going on apart from the explosions. The vampires at Riverside could invade, or AMEN, or HALO, or catpeople, or anything. Maybe even rebel Imperial officers trying to overthrow General Noir. This is a public building; if it's vampires, they could get in easily. If not, they'd be able to get in anyway. I propose a defence force to defend us against anything that might try to get in to attack. Any volunteers, step forwards!"
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Dwarf in the Playground

Din takes her bow, and fires a single arrow over the mob of bugs, that magicaly slipts into hundreds of arrows, and rains death over the bugs!

"I frigging know knights kid. you are definitely not one. you're just some punk with delusions of grandeur .now come along! I think I may have found something!"

she indicates to an ally way to her left

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ogre in the Playground

Din takes her bow, and fires a single arrow over the mob of bugs, that magicaly slipts into hundreds of arrows, and rains death over the bugs!

"I frigging know knights kid. you are definitely not one. you're just some punk with delusions of grandeur .now come along! I think I may have found something!"

she indicates to an ally way to her left
    And the bugs drown in death rain. Grabbing up their leader to protect him, they retreat! Huzzah!
    Garrett, on the other hand, glares at Din, ready to punch her in the face.
    He shows her his signet ring, a silver ring with an emblem of a lantern being circled by a wisp and encrusted with emeralds.
    "Order of the Lantern, Knight Errant Garrett Everett. Say I'm not a knight one more time and see where the constable finds this ring."

(Recaiden) He lives!

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Dwarf in the Playground

And the bugs drown in death rain. Grabbing up their leader to protect him, they retreat! Huzzah!
    Garrett, on the other hand, glares at Din, ready to punch her in the face.
    He shows her his signet ring, a silver ring with an emblem of a lantern being circled by a wisp and encrusted with emeralds.
    "Order of the Lantern, Knight Errant Garrett Everett. Say I'm not a knight one more time and see where the constable finds this ring."
    Din rolls her eyes "sure kid. you may be called a knight, but you have a ton to learn. knights don't blindly run into a dangerous situation, without any form of plan, other than "kill it with FIRE"!"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]
    Maxios suddenly appears
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ogre in the Playground

Din rolls her eyes "sure kid. you may be called a knight, but you have a ton to learn. knights don't blindly run into a dangerous situation, without any form of plan, other than "kill it with FIRE"!"
    "My plan worked out perfectly fine, didn't it?" Garrett smirks to cover the fact that the words are really hitting hard. A younger him would be crying and going 'awww you're right I'm totally useless'.
    Having memories that had been forcefully erased pulled from the back of your head in a painful manner and then having to share your brain with several different versions of you, several of which are insane or utterly incapable of operating tends to make one a bit less likely to break down at a simple thing like that.
    Also, he had to watch in horror as another him took over his body and killed everyone in a slaver camp.
    Even the slaves.
    Not good for a 16 year old boy.

(Recaiden) He lives!

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

[#FF0000]

Haruki, unfortunately, cannot dodge that and is stabbed in the right leg. He switches legs, swearing loudly, to make sure the vampire loses the dagger, and aims a kick at the vampire's most vulnerable spot.*

*The chest, that is.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Dwarf in the Playground

"My plan worked out perfectly fine, didn't it?" Garrett smirks to cover the fact that the words are really hitting hard. A younger him would be crying and going 'awww you're right I'm totally useless'.
    Having memories that had been forcefully erased pulled from the back of your head in a painful manner and then having to share your brain with several different versions of you, several of which are insane or utterly incapable of operating tends to make one a bit less likely to break down at a simple thing like that.
    Also, he had to watch in horror as another him took over his body and killed everyone in a slaver camp.
    Even the slaves.
    Not good for a 16 year old boy.
    Din shrugs "what if the bugs surprised you? if they were waiting for that? you would have been dead pretty quickly. always think first kid"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

"Because the bugs were definitely looking for me on top of an apartment building hours before the plan even formed in my mind," Garrett shakes his head and sighs, using his blessed dagger to remove the head from one of the dead consumers so that he can take it as a trophy.

(Recaiden) He lives!

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Because the bugs were definitely looking for me on top of an apartment building hours before the plan even formed in my mind," Garrett shakes his head and sighs, using his blessed dagger to remove the head from one of the dead consumers so that he can take it as a trophy.
    Din facepalms and groans "....what's with that? taking a trophy? what kind of armature punk are you kid?"

Din's sister mad her learn the the islands knightly code by heart. she can tell a good knight form a bad one pretty well

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, if I just go up to a Knight-Superior and say 'hey' I killed some giant bugs that were attacking a city', he won't believe me. I need to bring back some loot. These aliens have no loot except for rifles that try to bite me. Ergo..." Garrett manages to get the giant ant-like head off of the consumer and grins.
    [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"And if you call me an amateur punk one more time, lady, I will have to challenge you to a duel."
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2011-04-06 at 05:35 PM.

(Recaiden) He lives!

29. - Top - End - #1319

Blue Zone, in the MagMart parking lot

Hey look! Maggy has a little table set up just outside the store! Seems he's using the last-second panic of an impending war to generate interest in a little side venture of his.

Congratulations sirs and/or madams, you have been chosen to serve in the MagMilitia, the only force in this conflict that can truly claim to be out for peace! Join now, and you will be guaranteed both Magbot security and your own personal defense firearm! Grab your guns and armbands while you can, this is a once-in-a-lifetime offer, and supplies won't last!

But what's the catch, you might ask? Nothing, that's what! We'll paint a big M on your house to let the Magbots know where to do security and let all the hostiles know to stay away, but we'll scrub it right off when this conflict ends! The armband's for exactly the same purpose too, with no strings attached!

Is Magtok...is he seriously just handing out weapons and security Magbots to the populace? That, umm...that can't be a good idea, can it?

Tune in to Channel 13 when you get home, folks! M'lord Magtok has promised to take down the dreaded Rot, scourge of the Red Zone, as a show of goodwill! Oh, and everyone is asked to not abuse the defense firearms for the purpose of looting, however. Remember, thanks to MagSat, we know where you live!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

30. - Top - End - #1320

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    "Now that I think about it, if you have a problem with crowds, now would be the time to mention it."
    It'd be a shame to have brought her here, then have some vicious phobia or something ruin the entire experience.

Galinai considers the last part of what she said and winces.
    "That would be very effective at stopping some one I think. I know to stay on your good side, then."
    It's a joke, but the prospect being being completely dessicated like that is still mildly horrifying.

Groups of people are starting to appear around them, some going in the opposite direction and often carrying various foods and products, others moving in the same direction, obviously not yet laden in market goods.
    "Heh, no I'm not afraid of crowds. I was at the tavern after all, it was pretty crowded."

Apparently they were getting closer to the market.
    "Like I said, I don't know how to do that.But yeah, you better stay on my good side. Unless you like being an ice cube."
    Unfamiliar scents started to fill her nose. She was actually pretty excited to get there, finally a peaceful activity without fights and random encounters.
    Why were they going to a market anyway? To sightsee? when there was an invasion just at the walls? How big was this city anyway? Questions raced through her head, unsure if she should ask them or not. No one here seemed to be aware of the invasion. People on land are strange, she concluded.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar: