New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: WW Isocerne City [Recruiting]

Change of vote to Reinholdt, in the hope it might save me.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

((Reinholdt because I forgot to vote.))
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

The meeting went round and round, and along with it went the poor security bot. Even aside from the day's malfunctions, it seemed to be getting abused solely to punctuate rhetorical points.

It was not happy about this.

Now, theoretically, these were councilmen. They could abuse the robots with impunity. So, on any other day, the security robot would ignore this and proceed about its duties, possibly leaving the room. However... theoretically, police robots could electrify themselves to prevent abuse. Low-voltage, mostly non-lethal. Now, obviously, it wouldn't be allowed to shock a Councilman, but it wouldn't necessarily be a Councilman who would strike the robot next...

Usually, the robot would discard such lines of thinking. But, today, it was malfunctioning. So when Reinholdt batted at the robot to illustrate its impaired flight capabilities, he got quite a jolt. Unfortunately, the robot's non-lethal defense mechanism was not calibrated for someone of Reinholdt's size...

Reinholdt was lynched. He was a Councilman (villager). He did not hold the box.

Day 1 ends. Night 1 begins.
    Expect Night 1 to end between 48 and 72 hours from now.
    Note: This night will be of extended length to make sure that I have time to help people with the night votes in the event of a misunderstanding. Expect most nights to be shorter than this one.
    Don't forget to send in your night actions, everyone!
    Last edited by BobTheFerret; 2011-06-17 at 03:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shapeshifters 2 WW
    It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
    Gooooooo Colonials!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    "Look, Ted, just get over here." Bill says, looking over the footage again. "This is big, man."
    Ted sighed. "Alright, alright, what is it?"

EDIT: Gonna be gone for a week, so you can either avoid lynching me till then, or hand off my role to a good RPer. Sorry. Nevermind. Got it covered.
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2011-06-19 at 12:15 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

5. - Top - End - #65

Billtodamax was Killed. He was an Inspector.

My apologies, but my Internet access will be somewhat restricted for the next week. I will still try to moderate this game. However, I cannot make an RP post right now. I'll try to add this sometime later.

Night 1 ends. Day 2 begins.
    [size=3]Expect Day 2 to end... sometime.
    Last edited by BobTheFerret; 2011-06-20 at 10:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shapeshifters 2 WW
    Gooooooo Colonials!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Noooooo!!! Councilwoman Alexia nearly jumped over the table, but mostly tumbled, to get to Reinholdt's side. She cradled him in her arms. Don't leave me, Reinholdt. Don't you dare leave me. Tears began streaming down her face.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Councilman Banjo squeezed down hard on the little green stress ball until his knuckles turned white.

"The cat shouldn't have been trying to play with the robots, poor little thing. Still, the night time murder of Bill is rather more worrying, as it proves the box holder will do anything to keep hold of their prize. We must sleep with one eye open, and preferably with the lights on."

Councilman Banjo stands up and drops the stress ball into the pocket of his jacket.

"We need to identify this villain quickly, before they can kill again. Of course, once the box is in the council's possession, none of us would even think of harnessing its power for our own means."

He glares meaningfully at the other council members.

"Would we, Councilman Croverus?"

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    Ted sighed. "Alright, alright, what is it?"

EDIT: Gonna be gone for a week, so you can either avoid lynching me till then, or hand off my role to a good RPer. Sorry. Nevermind. Got it covered.
    ((Just one more RP post from me then.))

Look, you see this box the robot found? He positively ID'd it as a whole bunch of private keys - with access to pretty much any system in the city! This guy could do whatever he damn well wants to the city! Look, I think... I think I'm going to head off home. This is way too much for me to process right now, okay? Just... keep this under wraps, alright? We don't want the city to panic.

Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69

JR was clearly distraut at the sight of Reinholdt's death as he mourned from his seat. Just another day at the office... if only. These robots are getting seriously out of hand. Hopefully things will clear up with time. We will never get Reinholdt back, though. He felt sorry for Lex-kat as well, they seemed to know each other well.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Malfunctioning robots, Mysterious deaths... this could have been taken from horror movies 101. Councilman Loss gazed upon his fellow councilmembers dispassionately. Their grief was well-meant, but one couldn't let emotions get in the way of duty. "Ahem". He intonated loudly, attempting to get the attention of Counciler, J(i)R, Alexis and the others who lacked concentration
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Ramsus shot Banjo a scowl and handed Alexis a handkerchief. He opened his mouth to say....well he didn't know what to say. Looking up, somewhat thankful for Lord Loss's interruption, he asked, "Yes, Councilman Loss?"

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Xan gave an exasperated sigh as he ran one hand through his hair, eyes wide open. He looked around the meeting room at the scene before him as if what's going just sunk in. Steam lazily drifted from the half emptied styrofoam cup, the drink looking both darker and noticeably stronger then the day before.

First Reinholdt died to a malfunctioning robot then Bill, of all people, was found dead in his house. Both deaths have been hushed, not wanting panic to be spread to the public, but how long can the council hope to keep up such appearances when a psychopath has the power to kill every single one of them at their leisure.

Xan looked at his unoccupied hand while making a fist, creating a cracking noise as the joints snapped, then stretching his hand. Missing skin, cracked nails, ripped cuticles... He swore off this nasty habit long ago, but seems like it has reared its ugly head again. Dark shadows plagued his eyes, sleep being one of the last things on his mind.

"This is... Far more serious then we have been making it. Something must be done... For the sake of the council... And the city."

Hoarse from misuse, The usually silent councilman spoke to the others in a voice loud enough to be heard over the ruckus. He Grimmaced at the sound of his voice, trying to maintain his posture and stoic face.

13. - Top - End - #73

Councilman JR looked quickly at Lord Loss. He did indeed lack concentration, and was quite curious what Councilman Loss had to say on the issue.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Taking the hankerchief from Ramsus, Alexia looks to Councilman Loss. She dabbed at her eyes, trying not to smudge her make-up.

She wondered where Duneyrr was.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm here, Lex-Kat... where are you?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Xanmyral.

No time to RP, sorry.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

17. - Top - End - #77

Blade's eyes swang towards Reinholdt as his form crumples to the floor, and shakes his head. There was a reason why he hadn't been just batting at those robots, they were highly unstable as it was, and now his esteemed associate was deceased because of it.

Frankly, this was minorly annoying. The cat is one of the councilmen he had gotten on with, unlike several others, including Xan and Croverus.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

Councilman Litt arrived late at the scene of Bill's murder, having worked long hours into the night on the fortune cookie box case. It turned out that the department of investigation indeed had already assigned a human undercover inspector to investigate the mass theft of cryptographic material. They were clearly not as clueless as he had earlier suspected.

However, that man had been Bill, and now the 'bots had gotten to him in the night. He was no joy to inspect, much less any longer fit to inspect anything himself. Had someone sussed out his identity, or had it just been cruel irony that had ensured that the man assigned to prevent this carnage had become its first victim? (First, aside from the Council, spurred to bloodlust by all the excitement, having spontaneously decided to lynch the council cat at the conclusion of its previous meeting. Litt wasn't sure whether he could count that one towards the killer, and was frankly a bit disturbed by the degree to which these council meetings were beginning to deviate from commonly accepted rules of order.)

Trying to look away from the grisly centerpiece of the room, Litt took in the art on the walls. Bill had been interested in medieval art, apparently. Given the situation, Litt's attention was drawn in particular to a screenframe showing a detail from a depiction of the danse macabre, with The Grim Reaper waiting, poised to strike, behind an unperceiving knight raising his mace in the air to settle some earthly matter. Litt wondered whether his struggles to organize some resistance against the murderer were naďvely optimistic. Perhaps. But what else could he possibly do?

19. - Top - End - #79

Sorry about the long day, everyone. I'm on vacation at the moment. Don't worry, I'll be back and narrating at full capacity by tomorrow.

Croverus was lynched. He was a Councilman (villager). He did not hold the box.

Day 2 ends. Night 2 begins.
    Expect Night 2 to end between 24 and 48 hours from now.
    Don't forget - every single player gets a night vote!
    Also, try to put "VOTE" in the subject of all vote PMs, and "ACTION" in the subject of all night action PMs, so that I can sort them out.
    [/QUOTE]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shapeshifters 2 WW
    Gooooooo Colonials!

20. - Top - End - #80

I'm back at full capacity!
    Let the roleplaying resume...

Ramsus' hair fluttered in the breeze as a train glided out of the tunnels. They shot back and forth around Ramsus, moving at high speed, switching gracefully between tracks. Passengers, automobiles, cargoes of all sorts were switched through. Electromagnets, poised on silvery metal arms, plucked metal cargo containers off of the trains and passed them between each other through the air. It was a delicate dance of trains, equipment, and cargo, softly lit by the fast-moving lights of the equipment. Ramsus, sitting in the center, observed it all, making occasional reference to his computer. This was his component of the design, and he took pride in it. He first started watching it for technical reasons, to see if his systems were behaving themselves and cargo was being handled properly. He still had to do that, of course. But sometimes he watched his system just to see it run, and tonight was one of those nights.

He touched a button on a small control panel, attached to the island he was sitting on amidst the rail tracks. Green lights on the ground activated, marking him a safe path out as the trains routed around it. He walked through, calmly, unworriedly, with perfect faith in his system. It was not misplaced. But when he stepped through the trains his system had parted around him, a robot was waiting on the other side.

Ramsus was killed. He was a Councilman (villager). He did not hold the box.

Rule Alterations!
    To adjust the gameplay, various rule changes have been implemented starting immediately.
    Spoiler
    Show

• Changes
      • An additional Observer will be activated, starting immediately, so that there will be two in play until the sleepers run out.
      • Observers will now receive the name of the source of the box, but not its recipient, when notified of a box transfer.
      • Night voters will now be informed if their red (guess) vote was correct if at least one other person cast a completely identical vote.
      • The Inspector role will become a sleepered role.
      • The Inspector will now be able to determine whether his scried character has the box or not.
    • Clarifications
      • Eavesdroppers may receive either the names of all people targeting one person as boxholder or the full night vote of one person.
      • Lockouts may switch their targeted transfer at any time.

Night 2 ends. Day 3 begins.
    Expect Day 3 to end between 48 and 72 hours from now.
    Last edited by BobTheFerret; 2011-06-29 at 05:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shapeshifters 2 WW
    Gooooooo Colonials!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

A reporter approaches Councilmember Litt, shoving a microphone almost into his face. Councilman Litt, do you have any suspicions as to who is killing your fellow councilmembers? she waits for his answer.

After a moment, she asks another. Do you have any suspicions who might be the next victim?

And what do you know of this Xanmyral?

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

People gained power when I died. Is this some sort of commentary?

Edit: And now to delete 80% of the messages filling my pm box.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-06-29 at 08:10 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

((Oooo shiny new rules! ))

Councilman Banjo grumbles under his breath, looking furtively at his colleagues around the room. The green stress ball moves from hand to hand, never stopping, never slowing.

"It seems like the current owner of the box is intent on laying waste to all before them. They will not rest until the rest of us are dead. I for one would ask 101jir, what are we to do about it?"

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Councilman Orzel finally left his office. He ran out of food aan had to get something to fill his rumbling stomach. Somebody had raided his jerky stash. The councilman was known for his isolation so nobody would see that as suspicious.
    "If you want something to snack on, please ask me first, Xanmyral."

His attitude displayed little fear of robots. He has been harmed by faulty nonsecurity robots before and was sure that he put enough safeguards behind him and robotic violence. But it was obvious by his face that this whole situation bothered him.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Xan looked around the council room, a secure room in a secret-ish location that is said to be the safest spot in the city. Yet he felt the most vulnerable right now. Councilman Orzel distracted him from his thoughts as he gave a short glance, giving a silent nod even though he didn't really pay attention to what was said. With how things are going, the public will surly find out what is happening soon enough, and mass chaos will unfold sure enough. Entropy 101, that's for sure. Just what exactly do we even plan on doing... It just seems like we're cuRsing at the dark as we each get backed into an ever shrinking circle of light.
    Last edited by Xanmyral; 2011-06-30 at 08:35 AM.
    Titles, Achievements, and Quotes of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infernal Teamworker - City of Shadows Wondering if anyone is still checking this...
    Ruler of the City - City of Shadows Hello? Anyone there? PM me if you want the Color Code.
    The Fallen Chessmaster - Center WW I don't really see a reason to get rid of this.
    The Manipulative/The Opaque - Demons WW Its kind of neat.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

Councilman Litt responds patiently to the interviewer's questions. "We have several suspects, but no hard evidence against any of them." His tight-lipped facade aside, Litt casts a skeptical glance at Orzel, seeing him out of the office for the first time in days. Even for him, staying unseen for days at a time like this fell into the category of keeping a suspiciously low profile.

"My personal suspicion is that the killer is simply randomly eliminating members of the Council that they perceive as a threat. Bill and Ramsus were both savvy, experienced men who would have been useful to the Council in fighting this battle. If this hypothesis is correct, it is impossible to say exactly who might next be targeted."

"I have no particular reason at this time to suspect that Xanmyral is anything but an honest man, but in this situation we cannot extend complete trust to anyone. The eyes of the investigators should fall on him in due time."

Having finished answering the barrage of questions, Litt draws a breath and jumps at the chance to comment freely and present somewhat better news. "However, I wish to stress to the members of the public that there is no reason to panic. As of today, we are implementing several new security measures. We have city-wide wiretaps, continually monitored by two agents, in place such that if the killer attempts to give the box away, we will be able to discern their identity immediately. Moreover, our agents have developed means to detect whether a person being searched is carrying this deadly weapon. Whoever the killer or killers may be, we are confident that the net is rapidly closing around them. Success now hinges only on honest members of the council being able to work together."

27. - Top - End - #87

"Well, if I'm not mistaken, the Box-Holder is quickly taking advantage of the confusion amongst us. I would go so far as to think, that perhaps he is one among us." Blade's cold gaze swept across the rest, annoyed now that the only one he trusted on the council now lay victim to the Box.

"What do you think of that, Xanmyral?" He asks, wondering just who it was that wanted them all dead, and who killed Ramsus. For in that question lay the answer to finding them, and taking revenge. Yes. And then he would use it to restore order to the city. And then, then he would appoint Councilmembers who DESERVED the trust. Like Ramsus had, like some others had a little of. Some amongst this council were not fit to help run this city.

(101jir)
    Last edited by bladescape; 2011-07-07 at 02:05 AM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Point at bladescape to avoid autolynch. I'll try to RP later.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Councilman Loss stormed into the room, glancing at his squabbling bretheren and the less-than-incompetent efforts of the security guards to calm them down. Glowering athem, she shouts "Another Death? Another freaking death?" If this keeps going on, there won't be any of us left!"

"Does you have any leads?" he asks the chief of security, Councilman Duenyrr.

The man doesn't answer.

"No? No a single clue?"

Greeted by silence, he lets out an exasperated sigh. "I'm going to inspect all the robots in this city one by one if I have to. but I'm going to find out how and why the robots are being sabotaged, and who's responisble for it. I swear, the ******* responsible for this is going to pay for his crimes!"
    Last edited by Lord Loss; 2011-07-01 at 07:49 PM.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Lord Loss, until I have a better idea.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.