New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitp - Part Thirteen

1. Thank you, I've always thought my mental stats were fairly high. And just shaving gives either horrible horrible cuts and blood everywhere (and I don't cope well with blood unless I'm shedding it voluntarily or it's a critical situation) or horrible horrible razor rash. And either way it takes too long.

My hands shake. A lot. More when I try to hold them steady. People have asked if I have palsy before (the answer is "no, there's no reason for it, they just do"). I occasionally wear wrist weights to keep my hands steady enough. That plus sharp objects running over my skin seems like a bad combination.

2. I fail to see what's wrong with that comparison.

3. Is it bad that I want to laugh at this? (I'm so sorry)

4. ???. *searches* Facebook? What could... oh.
    I wish I could claim to be even slightly surprised or appalled. I'm not. Just mad.
    Last edited by golentan; 2011-04-14 at 01:12 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    1. Thank you, I've always thought my mental stats were fairly high. And just shaving gives either horrible horrible cuts and blood everywhere (and I don't cope well with blood unless I'm shedding it voluntarily or it's a critical situation) or horrible horrible razor rash. And either way it takes too long.

My hands shake. A lot. More when I try to hold them steady. People have asked if I have palsy before (the answer is "no, there's no reason for it, they just do"). I occasionally wear wrist weights to keep my hands steady enough. That plus sharp objects running over my skin seems like a bad combination.
    What exactly are you doing? I can see that it'd be harder (at least the first time) if you have particularly hairy man-legs, but if you use hot water, shaving cream/gel/stuff, a new razor and just do a little bit at a time there is no way you should be getting cuts like that Mine was because I was in a hurry and not paying proper attention, and it's right over my bone.
    2. I fail to see what's wrong with that comparison.

3. Is it bad that I want to laugh at this? (I'm so sorry)
    No. It is not
    4. ???. *searches* Facebook? What could... oh.
    I wish I could claim to be even slightly surprised or appalled. I'm not. Just mad.
    Yeah, it's disgusting I hope they stamp on it good and hard, and that this combined with all the stuff going on with women in the defence force will lead to real change in it.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

I've got hairy man legs and again: My. Hands. Shake. Can't speak for any of the others, but if I try to use a safety razor I get a million and one cuts. Experimentation has born this out repeatedly on many body parts over years. I no longer wish to test if this is the case, because the last several times have all indicated that it's a good way to rapidly lose fluids and/or have people ask if I'm self-harming/suicidal. That's how bad it looks.

And the electric always gives me razor rash.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #454

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    4. Australia's defense force has a homophobia drama to go with its ingrained sexism
    That is the most impressive display of apathy I've ever heard of. Someone makes a facebook group to embarrass them to the entire world and they don't do anything for eight months and it manages to work well enough such that we're only just now hearing about it due to the insane amount of time they've just sat there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #455

Yup. Pretty messed up, no?
    Oh, and don't forget the officers who recommend a rape victim just get over it.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2011-04-14 at 01:55 AM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Banned

Oh, gods. I heard about that one. I think I could feel my blood boiling over in my veins.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitp - Part Thirteen

Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    Yes I'm bitter that body hair apparantly just outright doesn't exist in fantasy artwork, so sue me.
    >_>
    <_<

Sorry.

Anyway what's this about the Australian milita-?
    By Hindenburg's hat! That is horrible.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't think shaving anything beyond your face is worth it without an electric razor. I've tried shaving my hairy man legs few times, and each time I needed a whole package of disposable razors because the darn things became too dull to shave a darn thing during the process. (Using a traditional razor blade I strongly advise against, shaky hands or not, bringing a sharp knife near major arteries is not a wise decision.)

Of couse, I got not cuts or rash because I'm awesome like that (), though my legs itched like hell for week to and end. But considering how long it took and how many perfectly good razors I had to waste on it, it just wasn't worth the effort.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #459
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

There's one of the reasons why I don't shave my legs. They're darn long and get all itchy for several days after shaving.
    Hot wax epilation is the way to go for me.
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

10. - Top - End - #460

DrowGirl

Can't stand shaving my legs... Don't really see the big deal (it's exactly the same as the hair on our head... ), but I do it if I'm gonna wear skirts (which is rarely, thankfully). Only tried waxing my legs once, and despite the fact the wax said "at least 4 weeks with no hair!", I had hair after 1 and a half...

All in all, it's a complete hassle that I wish I didn't have to deal with.

*relurks*
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't shave. I'm lucky, being a ciswoman with very thin, pale hair on legs etc. Maybe I'd feel more inclined to shave if I had hair that was noticeable. When I started going out with my boyfriend, he assumed I was shaving my legs, somehow, secretly or something. I don't think people should feel pressured to. We're fed a very unrealistic image of the perfect body from the media, and having smooth, flawless, hairless skin is somehow a part of that, when people don't come like that in real life.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

12. - Top - End - #462

NecromancerGuy

...It's like they're acting out in an effort to get attention or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    it's exactly the same as the hair on our head...
    You have the same hair on your legs as on your head? I...I just can't picture it at all.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-04-14 at 01:07 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    You have the same hair on your legs as on your head? I...I just can't picture it at all.
    Bad hair transplant?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

Can't stand shaving my legs... Don't really see the big deal (it's exactly the same as the hair on our head... ),
    To be fair, there are some girls who look good even when they've got no hair on their heads either.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    To be fair, there are some girls who look good even when they've got no hair on their heads either.
    Some? Most. All. What's with people and long hair anyway? Yes, I like short hair and/or shaved scalps. So sue me.

Edit: Though hair of any sort only really bothers me when it's just coming in and is a cheese grater effect. Either regular shaving or no shaving is a valid option to avoid this in my opinion, with a slight preference towards not shaving from a personal standpoint. Except heads. Because shaved heads are awesome and easier than legs.
    Last edited by golentan; 2011-04-14 at 02:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

I love long hair because I love to play with it... comb it, braid it, plait it... it's an intensely erotic experience for me to do it with someone I love.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitp - Part Thirteen

Some? Most. All. What's with people and long hair anyway?
    It's pretty, fun to hide behind, fun to twirl around and it's fun to play with when bored!

Or in short, we're silly people. Silly!

So why so serious?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

I look horrible with short hair. I'd look worse with none.

My hair is the only thing I actually LIKE.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

19. - Top - End - #469

Can't stand shaving my legs... Don't really see the big deal (it's exactly the same as the hair on our head... ), but I do it if I'm gonna wear skirts (which is rarely, thankfully).
    Eh, I don't shave my legs even when I wear skirts and the world hasn't ended for me yet. I say just don't worry about it.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

I was bullied very badly back when I was a teenager for not shaving my legs. I didn't know it was a "MUST" kind of thing, and shaving leaves my skin horribly itchy and irritated (no matter how much shaving cream or anything else I use).

So now I wear pants and avoid shaving until I have to wear anything shorter. I used to like skirts and all, but can't stand them now...

21. - Top - End - #471
    Orc in the Playground

Beard and mustache wearer here; I shave only when I can be bothered, and never my legs. Quite frankly I can't see why there is such a stigma against hair: it can be rather nice in the right context.

I vary between short and long hair because I can never make up my mind as to which looks better. I find it quite frustrating that I can'y pick a hairstyle and stick to it.
    Dr. Manhattan+tiny Rorshach Avatar by drKarling, much appreciated.
    The Deductive Adventures of Rex Kingdom, P.I. is an awful parody detective serial.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Barbarian in the Playground

I didn't know shaving was so awful for so many people. I now feel very fortunate that it's relatively itch/pain/blood free for me.

I have to admit that I definitely am not a fan of body hair though. Probably because the idea that body hair = gross was fed to me from quite a young age (ok, I suppose it wasn't directed to me, but I always just assumed that things that applied to women applied to me, even before I realized I was trans). I don't really have a problem with people who don't want to shave though.

Interestingly, I used to shave my legs because I hated body hair, but only ever wore pants, and avoided swimming because people thought it was too effeminate for a boy to be shaven.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Bugbear in the Playground

I was bullied/teased for not shaving my legs when I was in the US, and teased for HAVING hair on my legs in China (where most people don't shave body hair because they don't have any).

It took me about five years to be comfortable not shaving, despite the fact that I have super dry, flaky skin which was constantly catching on razor blades and cracking and bleeding.

Last night I actually shaved my legs for the first time in about 8 months. Well, one leg. Ran out of hot water and started shivering as I finished leg #1, decided shaving leg #2 while I had goosebumps and chills was not a good idea. I'll probably do it in the sink sometime this morning. Used aloe vera gel as shaving cream though, and it helped immensely.

But yeah, eventually decided that I liked to ogle my own legs more when they're shaved, and feel more comfortable wearing shorter skirts. Still keeping my fur everywhere else though.
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt

24. - Top - End - #474

1. You're all mental What's wrong with just shaving, and if you are talking about shaving, how the buggery do you do it so wrong?!
    While I'm not one of those who suffer from shaving-induced bleeding (I've nicked myself a few times, but nothing serious), I do have horrifically sensitive skin and I usually get a bit of a rash anywhere I shave as the hairs grow back in. Except my armpits for some reason.

2. Genitals is a horrible word. "Genitals". Sounds wobbly and leftovery. Like gibblets, or a turkey wattle.
    This seems perfectly acceptable to me given that they tend to look wobbly and leftovery (and I'm thinking of both female and male genitals here).
    Melusine-esque Avatar made by the awesome Akrim.elf!
    Genderbender Week Yuan-ti Avatar by Bisected8.

Xe/xyr are my favourite pronouns, so feel free to refer to me as such instead of she/her.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gah. I be getting rather bitter over the fact that body-hair is seen as disgusting by most people. The only thing I shave is my face, and even then, that's because the thing I seem capable of growing is a neck beard. Yeek, the thought of shaving my body sounds like outright torture; I can't get away without at least a nick or three when shaving my face, so I'd hate to think how many cuts I'd get shaving my man-bottom. Yes I have a hairy rear. Yes I am proud of it. See this, replacing jiggly with hairy for good measure. Warning, that link has language and a lady bum in it, so viewer beware.

Moving away from the hair topic from a moment here; does anyone else here get the occasional *twinge* on the heartstrings? I mean seeing something and feeling a pain in your chest, a physical pain? I came across this recently, when I saw the part at the end, I wanted something like that and I felt this, I don't know, knot in my chest. The only other time I remember feeling this was when I had finished reading my first gay-related thing ever, and I just didn't know where to go after it was done-and-dusted.
    And this was years ago, mind you, so it's not some recent unforeseen health problem, thank goddess. >_>

26. - Top - End - #476

NecromancerGuy

^: Nah, but whenever I sleep funny in regards to my left arm, I get random stabbing pains in my chest that I used to worry about my heart's condition because of when I was a kid and teenager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamburlaine View Post
    Beard and mustache wearer here; I shave only when I can be bothered, and never my legs. Quite frankly I can't see why there is such a stigma against hair: it can be rather nice in the right context.
    Mostly it's just not very nice to massage areas that are covered in thick body hair. And rubbing lotion into them, like say, sunscreen for going to the beach, just feels *disgusting* when it's my own ****ing hairy legs I've gotta rub it on.

Quote Originally Posted by bluewind95 View Post
    I was bullied very badly back when I was a teenager for not shaving my legs. I didn't know it was a "MUST" kind of thing, and shaving leaves my skin horribly itchy and irritated (no matter how much shaving cream or anything else I use).
    ...So wait, did you not realize that even when people started bullying you about it or you didn't realize it until people started bullying you about it?

Quote Originally Posted by cycoris View Post
    Last night I actually shaved my legs for the first time in about 8 months. Well, one leg. Ran out of hot water and started shivering as I finished leg #1, decided shaving leg #2 while I had goosebumps and chills was not a good idea. I'll probably do it in the sink sometime this morning. Used aloe vera gel as shaving cream though, and it helped immensely.
    Aloe vera as shaving cream? ...I'd swear that was stuff for the skin post-shaving and for general moisturizing and treating minor burns.

Quote Originally Posted by rayne_dragon View Post
    This seems perfectly acceptable to me given that they tend to look wobbly and leftovery (and I'm thinking of both female and male genitals here).
    ...That's kinda scary considering there's not a whole lot to wobble in regards to that first set. Indeed, most of them are inside the particular human's body in that set. So you really shouldn't be seeing them.

Disembodied organs would have a tendency to look leftovery though, I admit, but you really shouldn't be seeing disembodied organs with any kind of frequency (preferably ever) unless one has it as one's job to deal with them for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-04-14 at 11:33 PM.
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phae Nymna View Post
    Also hey everybody, I'm back (again again again again) and it's good to see new faces.
    You've been flouncing in petticoats about the French Quarter again, haven't you? Who is it this time? Jean-Pierre? Sebastien? Guy?

I see you've lost your rank. Dishonourable discharge, was it? You were always no stranger to three or five of those in a night.

*swirls brandy in snifter and glares*

Agreed, but genital sores are a bit less beautiful than hypothetical injury free pain...
    Wait, just how much cross-dressing, or, how much cross-un-dressing were you doing? You need it smooth down there, you call a professional!

Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    Gah. I be getting rather bitter over the fact that body-hair is seen as disgusting by most people. The only thing I shave is my face, and even then, that's because the thing I seem capable of growing is a neck beard. Yeek, the thought of shaving my body sounds like outright torture; I can't get away without at least a nick or three when shaving my face, so I'd hate to think how many cuts I'd get shaving my man-bottom. Yes I have a hairy rear. Yes I am proud of it. See this, replacing jiggly with hairy for good measure. Warning, that link has language and a lady bum in it, so viewer beware.
    More power to ya buddy. I like some hair on a man and a handsome face with a nice beard. Then again I like the pretty ones without any too... I'm a non-discriminating lecher.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2011-04-15 at 12:04 AM.

28. - Top - End - #478

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Aloe vera as shaving cream? ...I'd swear that was stuff for the skin post-shaving and for general moisturizing and treating minor burns.
    I was using the stuff as shaving cream. This does not mean that it was "intended" to be used as such. But it works, so why not? I've also used vitamin E gel, which works pretty well too. And conditioner, as long as it's water-soluble (most conditioners aren't).
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt

29. - Top - End - #479

Blegh. I'll just stick with "penis" and "vagina" (and "labia", which sounds like a Greek Drakaina or something) and "naughtybits", thank you very much.

My sister doesn't shave her armpits and pretty much only does her legs for special occasions. She actually got into trouble at one of her jobs (medical receptionist) for not shaving her legs - something about hygiene, which is silly - which was extra-silly seeing as she spent all day behind a desk where noone could see her legs anyway.

I like having smooth legs. I especially can't imagine wearing stockings on unshaven legs - it'd be so uncomfortable And, fairly or not, I'm kinda grossed out by underarm hair, so I'll stick with shaving that.

30. - Top - End - #480

NecromancerGuy

And, fairly or not, I'm kinda grossed out by underarm hair, so I'll stick with shaving that.
    Well, it's kinda itchy no matter what, so might as well not have it also able to pinch you when it gets pulled out by clothing or random sadists.
    Homebrew