New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: My Little Pony IV: Friendship is Sufficiently Advanced Technology

Its symbolism.

Herbalism is a form of healing and has a connection to Life. The Sun is the source of all life is the sun. I suspect that zebra-marks are possibly more category style.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Zecora:
    You people make things so complicated
    So listen while I clearly state it.
    It is a cutie mark, so get an eyeful
    But my special talent? It's drawing spirals.

"Ooo! Ooo! Now it's Pinkie Pie's turn! Uuhm...

She has cutie mark! ♪
    And it's something not so dark!
    And if you look at it real close, ♪
    You can see it's a sun spark!
    So what does that mean she'll do? ♪
    She'll mix up a bathtime brew!
    And she'll cure you of a disease, ♪
    That will make you go p'too!
    Soooo...She's nice!♪

...It's a work in progress.
    Last edited by Trobby; 2011-04-02 at 03:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

About new episode - eh, I spent 15 minutes...

Spoiler
    Show
    Photoshopping Trixie into random episode frame yesterday and no one tried to 'prove' it's Episode 6. I'm so disappointed :(
    Above Us Only Sky

4. - Top - End - #124
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

"Ooo! Ooo! Now it's Pinkie Pie's turn! Uuhm...

She has cutie mark! ♪
    And it's something not so dark!
    And if you look at it real close, ♪
    You can see it's a sun spark!
    So what does that mean she'll do? ♪
    She'll mix up a bathtime brew!
    And she'll cure you of a disease, ♪
    That will make you go p'too!
    Soooo...She's nice!♪

...It's a work in progress.
    This post is completely at odds with your signature! I am so confused!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by ZombyWoof View Post
    This post is completely at odds with your signature! I am so confused!
    It is rather strange to see some excellent Pinkie Pie verse followed by "Death, Darkness, Gloom, Despair." A little unsettling, I would have to say. Reminds me of Cupcakes.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    About new episode - eh, I spent 15 minutes...

Spoiler
    Show
    Photoshopping Trixie into random episode frame yesterday and no one tried to 'prove' it's Episode 6. I'm so disappointed :(
    But you inspired us, in the spirit of April Fools, to make an entirely fictitious episode. So you can take comfort in that.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

7. - Top - End - #127
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Girl IV: Friendship is Sufficiently Advanced Technology

Well, as long as we're in the (hopefully) waning hours of My Little Girl, I may as well post this.

Spoiler
    Show

Art by http://thelivingmachine02.deviantart.com/.
    The art suffers from the same problem I have with almost all humanized pony pictures; they all look the same with no difference in the face. This is ironic given all the pony characters share the same model in the show, but I would still expect more differentiation.

entirely fictitious episode
    wait, what?! If there really wasn't an episode, what was I watching Ó_Ò ?
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-04-02 at 04:35 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    The art offers from the same problem I have with almost all humanized pony pictures; they all look the same with no difference in the face. This is ironic given all the pony characters share the same model in the show, but I would still expect more differentiation.
    At least this one didn't make Rarity look 40.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

9. - Top - End - #129
    Banned

At least this one didn't make Rarity look 40.
    Psh. Well I for one welcome our Cougar Overlords fashionistas.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-04-02 at 04:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

@Darkie Pie:

Huh...I didn't even remember I was being gloomy. <.<; Oh well.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

@Darkie Pie:

Huh...I didn't even remember I was being gloomy. <.<; Oh well.
    Oh, thanks for the fave on FFNET.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

WRITE MORE!

Seriously though, I also commented in Equestria Daily, but I Loooove the way your fanfic is portraying Dash, and I can't wait to read Part 3.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

WRITE MORE!

Seriously though, I also commented in Equestria Daily, but I Loooove the way your fanfic is portraying Dash, and I can't wait to read Part 3.
    Well, I have about a page so far. So progress is being made.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Today, I opened my mailbox to find waiting for me a small package. In that small package was a sheet of Derpy Hooves stamps. Purple ones.

This probably shouldn't make me so happy, but I have not been able to stop squeeing for like the past 20 minutes. I don't even know what I could use them for. I don't care!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Banned

So we are halfway through our No Pony hurdle. What episode will air in 6 days? I've heard all sorts of stuff but can't seem to figure out which comes when. Are we finally going to see Fluttershy screw up with the princess' bird and get thrown into the dungeons FOR EVERRRRRR?

I would be kinda cool if that episode came chronologically before Green Isn't Your Color, and Pinkie is the one who tells Celestia that Fluttershy has the bird. Or it would make more fan-onical sense if that episode were after Green Is Not Your Color. What with Pinkie bending time space and rationality.

Which fic are y'all talking about? I tried going through all the old threads looking for gems I missed, but I pretty solidly lost interest and passed out. So thread trawling isn't going to happen without a goal.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Today, I opened my mailbox to find waiting for me a small package. In that small package was a sheet of Derpy Hooves stamps. Purple ones.

This probably shouldn't make me so happy, but I have not been able to stop squeeing for like the past 20 minutes. I don't even know what I could use them for. I don't care!
    You treasure them always. Always.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    You treasure them always. Always.
    Treasure them today, tomorrow, and forever. I'm so sorry ;_;
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-04-02 at 07:21 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

So, I've got the basic premise of my fic figured out. In a nutshell...

Spoiler
    Show

Ponyville is once again blessed with the glorious presence of the Great and Powerful Trixie. However, she's no longer an unrepentant braggart, having been humbled by the destruction of her reputation. She's now more interested in putting on shows for the audience's enjoyment, rather than to stroke her own ego.

The problem lies in the fact that some ponies aren't convinced by her new song and dance. Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack are all still holding grudges against her, while Twilight, Pinkie, and Fluttershy are a bit more willing to give her a second chance.

Uh...

I haven't really gotten very far beyond that. Some ideas I'm bouncing around:

-I think Trixie may be thinking about opening her own magic school or something, so she can teach young ponies about magic, be it actual spells or just sleight-of-hand tricks for non-unicorns. She'd like to have the Mane Cast help her with this project, but... as previously stated, some of them are still holding grudges.

-Applejack lightens up towards Trixie early on. During Trixie's show, she does some magic for Applebloom, which makes Ab very happy and interested in magic. When Trixie actually offers Ab lessons, Applejack can't really hold a grudge to somebody being so nice to her lil' sis...

-Twilight and Trixie exchange spells. Hilarity ensues when Twilight tries to teach her Number 25.

Feel free to shoot it down or point out obvious flaws. Advice, suggestions, or ideas would also be appreciated if offered.

Which fic are y'all talking about? I tried going through all the old threads looking for gems I missed, but I pretty solidly lost interest and passed out. So thread trawling isn't going to happen without a goal.
    Fair Feather Friends, I think. I'll try to find a link on Equestria Daily. Here's the link! :D

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/0...er-friend.html
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2011-04-02 at 08:05 PM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Fair Feather Friends. It has copious amounts of Dash in the best way ever.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

So we are halfway through our No Pony hurdle. What episode will air in 6 days? I've heard all sorts of stuff but can't seem to figure out which comes when. Are we finally going to see Fluttershy screw up with the princess' bird and get thrown into the dungeons FOR EVERRRRRR?

I would be kinda cool if that episode came chronologically before Green Isn't Your Color, and Pinkie is the one who tells Celestia that Fluttershy has the bird. Or it would make more fan-onical sense if that episode were after Green Is Not Your Color. What with Pinkie bending time space and rationality.

It is INDEED Fair Feather Friend!

There's a link on the main page, under creative works by the forumites, but here's a link for reference.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/0...er-friend.html

Never mind. Others beat me to the punch.

And actually, it's Friend, singular.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-04-02 at 08:01 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Both would work though, wouldn't they? Both of the 'friends' have feathers after all.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Both would work though, wouldn't they? Both of the 'friends' have feathers after all.
    All I'll say is that the title was chosen deliberately.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

You know what's going to be ugly? The 26 week period without ponies. If you thought this week has been bad, how will we survive for half a year?

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

You know what's going to be ugly? The 26 week period without ponies. If you thought this week has been bad, how will we survive for half a year?
    I'll personally be catching up on all the episodes of the new Transformers I've forsaken in exchange for Ponies.

Also, possibly interact with flesh and blood people.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Colossus in the Playground

The guy said he'd send me a free set for my Operation: Indiscriminate Friendship vids, which I'm super psyched about Not here yet though.

Sooner or later those videos will pay for themselves.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    The guy said he'd send me a free set for my Operation: Indiscriminate Friendship vids, which I'm super psyched about Not here yet though.

Sooner or later those videos will pay for themselves.
    That is AWESOME. Have you gotten any other random surprises besides that and the e-mail from the Bridle Gossip writer?
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    That is AWESOME. Have you gotten any other random surprises besides that and the e-mail from the Bridle Gossip writer?
    No, though that is not to say those were not more than enough. Seriously, best $50 I ever spent.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Many a vodka will be drank, comrade.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Many a vodka will be drank, comrade.
    I see your plan. Get drunk enough to make Pre G4 ponies palatable to fill the void. GENIUS.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Each time I see Pre G4 Applejack, I'm going have one.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris