New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Remnant HQ

Carl's Quarters

While playing with the puppies, Charity gives a weak smile to Edijar. "She belongs here, in a way I never will. She's not a soldier, but she's still one of them."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

[Armory]

Anatolij is there, examining the new armor and listening to Geoff. He seems pretty impressed.

[Outside]

Grimzing and his goblins finally emerge from where they've been hiding. The Boss will want to hear about all this, but they don't think they should slip away.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Command Tent

When the drow get there, they'll see a few officers looking over maps and discussing things about structural integrity of a ship, but they stop when the drow approach. Taul, a pale elf with black hair gives them a slight nod. "She'll be here shortly."

Gate

Dizzy looks at it thoughtfully. "And what is the price of it?"

Carl's Place

Edijar pulls Charity close to him on the couch, and wraps his arms around her. "She's found a place where she belongs, just as I did with you." He tells her with a slight smile.

Goblins

If they're looking for Geoff, they'll find him organizing the placement of equipment down the holes Sunny's robots are making.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-04-13 at 04:27 PM.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Goblins

They do indeed seek out Geoff. Grimzig feels most comfortable talking to him. Well, that was one hell of a party, he says approaching the fellow engineer. I guess you could use the help even more than before now. I don't think the Boss will mind; you guys are still a safer bet for us than anyone else.

Entrance

And Dipsnig arrives here, riding Viima, as per the request.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gate

First the transmitter isn't sending just to say if anyone thinks that.

"As I tried to mention befor I want to leave them and join here."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

Carl's Place

"I'm glad for her. That it's not just Carl, but that the whole group seems to care for her." She snuggles close. Edijar can probably tell something different - a lack of the edge that used to always be in her voice when she referred to the military. "It still hurts that she didn't come to me for comfort, like she always used to." Charity says, and finally gives in to her own tears.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

[Command Tent]

Sornnolu nods stiffly to the elf, using all his willpower to keep his anger and hatred in check. The drow then ignores him, turning instead to watch the goings on around them.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Command Tent]

Teb drops down from the riding lizard and stands there silent. Yep... not going to say how much he hates surface elves...
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Gate

Dizzy looks Zefir over. "What guarantee would we have that you wouldn't try to backstab us?"

Goblins

Geoff nods. "There a lot that needs to be done, but right now, I'd like you all to repair the wall and buildings."

Carl's Place

Edijar holds her close. "She's just trying to be strong, Charity." he tells her quietly.

Command Tent

The surface elf and his sister, a dark tan one with blonde hair, don't seem bothered at all by the drow, and eventually, Fred comes over for a drink from the cooler, also unbothered by any of the elves.

A short distance away, a door at the HQ opens, and a Goddess of War steps out. Vasquez stands easily over six feet in her new armor, her motions fluid as she strides towards the group. Her armor is just as white as everyone elses', but complex runs and filigree have been etched into it's surface in gold, all revolving around the symbol of Remnant. If they can sense it, people will feel magic coming from it. Her right arm looks different from her left though, smoother and less armored, but instead equipped with weapon slots. Her right, has a thin curved box over the outside of her forearm. Her helmet seems to be deactivated, a white circlet printed in the shape of a crown of Laural leaves rests on her brow, a trio of gold leaves at the very center.

Her cape is longer than the others by a good three feet, dragging on the ground slightly, but appears to be weighted on the end, and made of four parts, allowing her to control each separately. At her sides are a pair of holsters, one for a long saber, and another for an extravagantly designed pistol.

Next to her, stands a giant of a man in full armor, standing easily 7ft in his huge suit of armor. Edijar's new suit is bronze colored, with thick plates of armor covering nearly all of his body. His cloak is blood red instead of purple though, and the symbol of Remnant is in black on his chest. Laural leaves are printed on his shoulder plates. A massive pistol is strapped to his left leg, and his left arm has a flat surface on the forearm, almost like a partial shield. His head is uncovered except for a half circlet of bronze metal, woven in a celtic style.

Several of the people under the tent blink when they see the pair, and a couple jaws drop in shock.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Command Tent

Delisle enters, with her laptop, wearing her new dress uniform. Needs tailoring, she thinks to herself, but of course there hasn't been time yet for her to take her uniforms to her tailor to have them professionally fitted. Might be weeks before she could get around to that.

She is just sitting down to take the minutes of the meeting when Vasquez and Edijar walk in. She immediately stands and salutes, trying to hide her shock at their new appearance.

Carl's Quarters

"Yeah, I know. And it's kind of selfish of me to be hurt. Before we came here, she was so isolated. She turns to me less because she needs me less, and that's good."
    Charity says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #341

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Inside

"Eileen Thorsson," Eileen says, taking the offered hand and shaking it. "And, thanks. Did you get the cat?"
    Zel shakes her head a little. Nope. Thing shrunk back to a normal cat before I could.

Zel will takes her hand and hold towards whatever small object is available. When it floats up, she gets a relieved look on her face and lowers it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

12. - Top - End - #342
    Dwarf in the Playground

Command Tent

By comparison to the giants of men that stepped out Tebtranlyn probably looks... puny. The drow is short and thin and he doesn't even make it to five foot. Teb does not look like he was built for strength and he was not. But this drow did not rely on strength, although he was strong compared to the average human.

There was a deadly beauty around the assassin though. The way his silverish white bangs frame his face with the rest of the drows hair pulled back into a single, simple braid and how his rose eyes stare from his dark blue skin give Tebtranlyn the air of a wonderfully crafted blade. The sharp and yet somehow soft features of his face are like the longbow on his back. Sturdy and strong yet flowing at the same time.

Teb stands there in his piwafwi cloak making him just sort of blend in with the shadows. The assassin gives a small bow to the two impressive figures that just came out to greet them, a slight hint of gold flashing around his neck from the house insignia he keeps there. If Teb is impressed with Edjar and Vasquez he does not show it openly.

-Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

1st Lt Alice Delisle:

((imagine it all being a bit more uniform-y. Tektek sucks at military uniforms ))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

[Command Tent]

Sornnolu Xar'Cha steps down from the saddle, using his innate levitation to gently lower himself to the gound. The older drow stood at least six inches taller than his cousin. His skin was a dark brown in color, as opposed to the usual jet black of a drow or the strange blue shade particular to his house. His pure white hair was worn long, tied back in layers by many jeweled clips, all topped off by a gold and sapphire circlet. He was dressed in flowing robes of deep blue and gold silk, ebroidered with spiderwebs and arcane designs. Over his shoulders, he also wore the dark piwafwi, finely designed and a heavily enchanted item, the cloak was a symbol of wealth and status. The drow moved with grace and confidence, bordering on arrogance. Still, he too bows to their hostess. Though, he doesn't seem overly impressed by the display of the massive armor. He was used to such displays of wealth and power. Hells, that's what he was doing here himself.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Command Tent

The other Remnants follow Alice's lead and salute their leader, before she gives them a nod, telling them to stand down, which they do.

Vasquez returns the bow, but at a noticeably less depth, letting the Drow know that she expected them to understand that she was in charge here. "Greetings. You claimed that your House wished to speak to me?"

Carl's Quarters

Edijar strokes Charity's cheek gently. "She's growing up now. And it's not selfish to want her to need you longer."

16. - Top - End - #346
    Dwarf in the Playground

Command Tent

Teb stands there looking pretty important.

-Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Command Tent

"Indeed, Mistress Vasquez." The mage replies, straightening from his bow. "I am Sornnolu Xar'Cha of House Xabaresh Chaeron, and this is my cousin, Tebtranlyn." He nods to the other drow. "We have come to speak with you of an offer of assistance and the possibility of an alliance between our family and your organization."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

18. - Top - End - #348

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Gate 2]

"Yes, I suppose proof would be prudent..."

She considers the mass. Should could remove the ectoplasm, or part of it, but any release on the bonds is a risk, with this particular prisoner.
    Feia isn't entirely sure of all of his tricks yet.

"One moment while I secure him."
    The sorceress will now be taking a few moments to trace a few choice glyphs along the ectoplasm not around Gordon's head.
    Specifically, a glyph of silence, a glyph of sleep on the chance he wakes up at a bad moment, and for good measure a glyph of fatigue inducing energies.

This will take a few moments to do.
    And so the glyphs are put in. However, you are running out of time before Gordon wakes up. And then you are in trouble.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Command Tent

Vasquez appears thoughtful before nodding and gesturing at the seats nearby. "What did you and your Matron have in mind?" She asks as she takes a seat.

Gate 2

The guards blink, and relay all of this to a Vasquez plotclone, who gives them permission to let them enter. The gates open and the guards wave her in. "Our Commander will meet with you momentarily."

20. - Top - End - #350
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Gate 2]

Feia considers Gordon for a moment or two.
    She takes a few moments to apply one more, more complicated glyph.

On the event Gordon tries to change shape at an unapproved time, the glyph will react in a form similar to a baleful polymorph.
    Instead of becoming a dragon, or anything else exciting, he instead will most likely become a chinchilla.

Sometime after this, assuming Gordon does not awake and try something regrettable, Feia will guide him on into the base, giving a polite nod to the guards.
    "Thank you."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

21. - Top - End - #351
    Dwarf in the Playground

Command Tent

Teb nods and takes a seat. " Thank you. Also thank you for meeting with us. As my cousin said we wish to offer our assistance and possibly form an alliance. We could provide assistance in any number of areas if you wish for us to help. " The assassin explains smoothly and calmly making it up as he goes basically. He'll leave it to Sornnolu to take the lead.

-Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

Gate 2=> Courtyard

Vasquez, as described above, is waiting for Feia and Gordon, with several armed personnel.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Courtyard]

Again, barring shenanigans from Gordon, Feia will bring the two of them ever deeper before pausing some distance from Vasquez.

"One of your subordinates had requested I assault AMEN on your behalf. Gordon here appeared open enough that his capture seemed like a suitable alternative."

She'll rotate the floating mass of ectoplasm containing Gordon, before willing the bit around his head to recede.
    The soldiers will want to confirm that it is him, after all.
    Absentee Spirit

24. - Top - End - #354

Gordon is still out cold.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

[Command Tent]

Sornollu settles into a chair next to Tebtranlyn. "Primarily, we wish to offer the man power at our disposal. We understand that your forces have recently taken significant losses. In addition, we want to extend to you the services of our craftsmen. Whatever you need, be it weapons, armor, or tools, we can supply. All forged in the finest workshops in the entire Underdark. In fact, I have brought with me an example of their work." He gestures back towards the giant reptile they rode in on. "If you would allow me a moment to retrieve it?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

"Wake him up. I have to speak with him. I'd like to kill him, but I need him for something."
    Vasquez tells her.

Command Tent

The Non-Plot Clone Vasquez nods. "You may. And if we accepted these offerings, what would the terms be?" She asks in a neutral tone. It's a reasonable question, and one that shouldn't be insulting.

27. - Top - End - #357

Courtyand

And now, Gordon wakes up. He opens his eyes.

"Charming. Just charming."

28. - Top - End - #358
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Courtyard]

What delightful timing.

Feia's smile twitches faintly, in either amusement or irritation.
    There are several reasons for either, but it's largely irrelevant.

So she'll settle for just sticking her head next to his and whispering a pleasant little threat.
    "It appears you are getting a chance to live. I will very happily indulge the alternative, if given a reason. Listen and be agreeable."

With that, she steps back and gestures to him.
    "He should be suitably restrained and contingencies are in place. Do as you wish."
    Absentee Spirit

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

"Good, you're awake. Now, listen very closely Gordon, because right now, all I have to do is say a single word, and you'll be unable to defend yourself from death." She threatens, careful to stay a few feet away. "You wanted to run Inside, right? Well, how about we make a little deal and we'll see about letting you do that, hmm?" She asks with a smirk.

30. - Top - End - #360

Courtyard

Gordon sighs, and memorizes Feia's face. When he gets loose, she is going to be in big trouble. Meanwhile, he tries to test how much he can move.

Then Vasquez talks.

"I'm listening."
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2011-04-14 at 12:03 AM.