New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HQ

[AMEN Army]

Phil gets seven automatic assault rifles fired at him when he finishes saying "me". He's not proved his allegiance to their side very well. Some other henchmen look back when they hear the rifle fire, and might go back to help wh-

Holy fire! The henchmen targeted dive out of the way, but they all wind up singed, burned, and hurting. Unfortunately, they're quite normal people besides the robot arms, so the holiness of the fire doesn't effect them much. Eileen gets a good deal of bullets fired at her as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

AMEN Army

As fast as Phil is, the bullets still hit him. Blue light flares up around him, and he seems uninjured.
    "See now, if you'd just gone and stabbed me, the high velocity shielding wouldn't have worked there," he doesn't emntion the fact the shielding didn't hold up to well and that while his shirt is okay, there's two holes in his gut. Eh, he can handle for a bit. Or at least he thinks he can.

He tries to grab the nearest henchman, and will send a combination of a sub-kelvin blast of cold (which also makes human flesh very conductive) and a surge of electricity with more than enough amps to kill a man. If this works, he'll aim a kick at the back of the next one's knees, reaching his leg around if he has to. He's not as strong or fast as a normal Tuatha warrior, having spent most of his time building things, but he's still much faster and stronger than your average human.

Several short and wide barreled guns pop out of Rho's battle suit, and his new voice systems spring to life as several varieties of high-caliber weaponry and gyrojets are fired at the henchmen.
    "NOBODY HURTS HIM! NOBODY!"
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

AMEN Army

And Eileen...

Dives for cover in the mouth of an alley.

"Geez. One Flame Strike and they never let you live it down!" she yells.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

[AMEN Army]

DarkRed is electrified to death!

Unfortunately, the henchmen are rather good at following orders. While Phil is murdering DarkRed, three of the other six are drawing their pointy knives and going to stab him. One of the knife-wielders is tripped, but goes to stab at Phil's leg on the way down. The three who keep their guns start firing at Rho, aiming for its joints and head. Even as the robot's projectiles begin hitting them and tearing into their flesh.

"We're all nobodies!"

Eileen will have a couple, lets say two at first with more following, henchmen go into the alley after her. Where they will try to shoot her even more.

Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

AMEN Army

Just what Phil wanted. The more of his blood spilled, the more viciously he fights. He winds up with a long cut down his leg and another cut across his arm. He could use his gun, but he has far too much fun in close combat. Sharp shards of ice and weak bolts of lightning are now starting form in the air around him and may cause minor wounds to anyone nearby. He jumps up in the air and tries to slam his feet down on the tripped henchman's face, and thumbs a switch on his glaive.
    FWUMPF!
    Red and green roiling plasma fires erupt from the blade as the high heat, ionizing edges activate. Instead of just being a monomolecular blade, it also has a high-wavelength ionizing radiation generator built into the blade, so anything within a centimeter of the edge that's not heavily proofed against such things has a high chance of being ionized, and even if something is proofed, the blade is still damn sharp. Also, the venting for the heat reduction is in the blade, so it gets really hot. Phil jabs the glaive at the nearest henchman, or at the tripped one if his stomp fails.

EDIT: Rho continues to fire his guns at the henchmen, and tries to smash through the rubble and henchmen with his elephant leg thick legs, roaring with joy at his new ability to shout insults and curses as he rampages.
    Both he and Phil are looking pretty fierce, but that's what both were made for.
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2011-04-05 at 09:39 PM.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

AMEN Army

The bullets slam into a glowing shield around her!

As she lunges at the henchmen, her Minbari Fighting Pike swinging.

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Outside the HQ, Near the AMEN Army]

The trudge of heavy footsteps heralds the approach of reinforcements. Up a dramatically placed hill march a regiment of thirty four Drones, including seven heavy railgun squads of two men each, followed by twelve Abominations, and led by a.... Thing. It looks almost draconic, a vaguely humanoid figure standing as tall as an ogre, it's skin covered by thick scales, it's head flat and snake like. It holds a belt-fed light machine gun in it's hands, a massive broadsword strapped to it's back. For now, they wait, out of range of the turrets set up around the HQ, but ready to fire at any attackers.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-04-05 at 09:53 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

[AMEN Army]

Well... we can assume that Phil and Rho are fighting a fairly curb stomp battle. After tripped-henchie Snow barely escapes being stomped on but is then stabbed and ionized to death, the rest jump away and hurl their knives. One points at Phil with his robot arm while the other yells on a radio. The robot arm sends an arc of electricity out at the technomage.

"We need reinforcements at <location>! Enemy PC engaged! I repeat, enemy PC engaged at <location>!"

The three henchmen start running from Rho, barely firing anything over their shoulders at the rampaging robot as they flee.

The two henchmen duck. One gets a really bad hair cut, but they come out okay. The one with the bad hair cut drops his gun and gets his dagger out, reaching forward to try to stab Eileen. The other backpedals and begins firing at her with his gun.
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2011-04-05 at 09:52 PM.

Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

AMEN Army

Phil absorbs the electricity and dodges all but one knife, gaining a new, long but shallow cut and cackling maniacally as the electricity courses up and down his body.
    "You really think that would stop my? It's my element! War, water, steel, and lightning! It's what I am!"
    He chases after the henchmen a little bit, then stops when he sees Riv's drones.
    "GrrrYOULYINGSONOVABITCH!" he roars and dashes off towards them, shouldering his way through henchmen or even jumping on their heads if he has to, firing his gauss pistol at the drones as he charges.

And Phil's really not all that strong. He's a bit faster and stronger than your average human, his shielding system now has to recharge, if he doesn't do something he'll bleed to death in about one IC hour, and his magic is very limited. That one good lightning bolt is the only really killy magic he can do for a while, though he can injure and distract with magic, still.

Rho, on the other hand, is having fun trying to pick henchmen up and smack their heads together.

(Recaiden) He lives!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Eileen spins aside, a bullet grazing her ear and the dagger cutting across her thigh...as Dagger-Henchman might be getting the end of what's essentially a quarterstaff squarely in the gut.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #71
    Barbarian in the Playground

Army appears in range of missiles. Preparing to fire. TED says, before raising both of his arms, and unleashing 20 missiles at the regiment of drones.

If they hit they'll explode in a 1'6" across sphere of bright white light that vaporises anything within it. The missles are dodging between several buildings and using up most of their fuel, but they should be able to make it.

Primary anti-armour missiles depleted. Anti-personel remain. Likely to be ineffective against heavily armoured foes.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72

AMEN Army

And now things have gotten worse for the enemies of AMEN, Gordon and 150 of his catwalks have arrived.

With a smile of his face, and the catwalks' machine guns warmed up, he watchs for a second.

"Well, it looks like its time to begin."

And the catwalks open fire, trying to hit Rho.
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2011-04-05 at 10:19 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

[AMEN Army]

The henchmen scatter before Phil, content to let the PC face their PC. Two have their heads smashed by Rho.

Dagger-henchman oofs in pain and drops his dagger as he clutches his chest. Quarterstaves hurt! The one with the gun continues firing.

When Gordon arrives, a henchwoman greets him.

"Sir! We are in position to begin the assault of the main HQ and the empire's remaining soldiers, if you and your associates would like to handle the PCs."

Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Snipers

When the Drones appear, 3 of the non-possessed sniper teams, begin taking shots down their firing lanes. All but one squad, which keeps their crosshairs on the possessed man.

These snipers don't have silenced weapons, instead choosing to let their weapons' noise be heard for the damage on morale.

Two aim for the Abominations, trained to go only for headshots on large creatures like those, while the third does the same for their leader, the one with the machine gun. Their rounds are nearly .50cal in size, and made with enough propellant to pierce bank vaults. After they dig into flesh a bit, the payload will explode, normally causing craters the size of footballs.

HQ

The rest of the Imperial troopers wait silently, keeping their weapons ready. Sure, the AMENites were in range, but it was at the far end, and hits weren't guaranteed.

In the courtyard, there's the thump of a trio of tanks firing massive orbs of plasma at the Catwalks. The fire is fairly inaccurate, but should cause more than enough damage to at least get them thinking. They fire regardless of how close they get to Phil and Rho.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-04-05 at 10:24 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

AMEN Army

Eileen flips up into the air, loosing the heel of a boot to a bullet.

And goes to bring the staff down, hard on Gun-henchie's head.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

HQ

Torg is sitting impatiently with the rest of the soldiers. He knows that charging ahead right now is stupid, but he wishes he could have it over with already. Waiting for a battle just makes him sweat, though not from nervousness - more from excitement. Unfortunately, it also gives him gas. Hopefully nobody is standing behind him.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

17. - Top - End - #77

AMEN Army

Gordon glances at the henchwomen, while the catwalks do their best to avoid the incoming plasma orbs, and head for the walls of the of the headquarters.

"Noticed."

Gordon heads for the sounds of fighting, aka Eileen. Meanwhile Pete, who arrived with the catwalks, takes out his sniper rifle, and tries to hit the empire snipers.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

[AMEN Army]

"Right," says Anyu, appearing at the battle site. "Show time. Tierra."

She places her hands on the ground, releasing a shockwave, traveling in a straight line towards the opposing soldiers

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

[AMEN Army]

Pink cringes at the orbs of plasma. She glances at Gordon.

"Perhaps, sir, you could also get something on those tanks? We can't take sustained artillery fire for long."

The gun-henchie's head cracks rather noisily, though he doesn't immediately die. He is knocked out, however. The one with the dagger grits his teeth and tries to stab Eileen in the back.

The other color-coded henchmen begin charging the walls and gate when they see the catwalks and the pizza drones have arrived. They will hold their fire until they can get behind cover closer to their enemies and aim while staying mostly protected, giving the defenders and snipers a brief opportunity to fire at the running minions. Once in range, they will find cover and begin to fire. Some of the henchmen will try to set packs of explosives on the walls and/or fences I think the empire is hiding behind/on.
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2011-04-05 at 10:56 PM.

Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #80

[Drones]

OHCRUDMISSILES! That's roughly the thought that run through the scaly beings mind when he sees the missiles. The other thing is the fact that some has just shot him in the head with a bullet. You know, it's incredibly racist, how humans always assume everyone keeps their brain in their head, just because they do.

The scaly humanoid, for instance, does not. Which is why he manages to slam the teleport device on the belt he wears in time to dodge the missiles, a razor fast reflex. The Drones vanish, and reappear behind Phil, twenty of them opening fire at him, while the Abominations fire at the snipers with their railguns, although their numbers are now down to eleven. The heavy railgun squads also fire, sending seven steel spikes, essentially ballista bolts, hurtling towards them. Three seconds after impact, the spikes will explode.

The scaly humanoid, their leader, is prevented from doing anything more though, because his head just exploded.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

AMEN Army

And Eileen is stabbed!

She swings her staff back.

Aiming for a solar-plexus hit in retaliation.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #82
    Halfling in the Playground

Possessed Sniper

The man twitches, eyes widening, before looking at his comrade with genuine fear in his eyes. Hopefully that'll get her to hesitate a split second longer, as the man whips a hand up to grab her wrist.

Even if she fires, the eldritch freak inside him will transfer over. Quicker than before, too.

AMEN Army

Something tears out of an alley to Eileen's left, a blur of fur and bone and flashing yellow eyes, before leaping into the air. It tries to tackle her, perhaps not fast enough to break anything, but she'll be feeling it tomorrow.

The creature's path of flight will probably carry the pair of them to the ground.

Rooftops

Jack is here. Standing next to a nine foot, freakishly twisted raven, petting its sheeny side absently. One of his new pets. The hollow man himself looks rather strained, movements slower and dulled.

He watches for the snipers, hoping they'll be focused on taking shots elsewhere. Once he spots one nest, that particular pair might begin to hear the flap of wings. Before being quickly assailed by... well, a jagged monster beak.

HQ

A human-size, multi-eyed creature that was once a rat is watching this from a shadowed alley, looking moving from place to place discreetly. It's searching for a way inside, moving quickly and quietly.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-04-05 at 10:53 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #83

The henchies running to cover might find a few of their number struck down as TED opens fire with his twin lasers. These are large lasers, about a foot wide, but he's pretty innaccurate with them, what with the ground shaking from the shockwave. It doesn't seem to be affecting TED damage wise, but it's certainly throwing off its aim.

Cease attacking immeadiately.
    Last edited by billtodamax; 2011-04-05 at 11:04 PM.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [Drones]

OHCRUDMISSILES! That's roughly the thought that run through the scaly beings mind when he sees the missiles. The other thing is the fact that some has just shot him in the head with a bullet. You know, it's incredibly racist, how humans always assume everyone keeps their brain in their head, just because they do.

The scaly humanoid, for instance, does not. Which is why he manages to slam the teleport device on the belt he wears in time to dodge the missiles, a razor fast reflex. The Drones vanish, and reappear behind Phil, twenty of them opening fire at him, while the Abominations fire at the snipers with their railguns, although their numbers are now down to eleven. The heavy railgun squads also fire, sending seven steel spikes, essentially ballista bolts, hurtling towards them. Three seconds after impact, the spikes will explode.

The scaly humanoid, their leader, is prevented from doing anything more though, because his head just exploded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Snipers

When the Drones appear, 3 of the non-possessed sniper teams, begin taking shots down their firing lanes. All but one squad, which keeps their crosshairs on the possessed man.

These snipers don't have silenced weapons, instead choosing to let their weapons' noise be heard for the damage on morale.

Two aim for the Abominations, trained to go only for headshots on large creatures like those, while the third does the same for their leader, the one with the machine gun. Their rounds are nearly .50cal in size, and made with enough propellant to pierce bank vaults. After they dig into flesh a bit, the payload will explode, normally causing craters the size of footballs.

HQ

The rest of the Imperial troopers wait silently, keeping their weapons ready. Sure, the AMENites were in range, but it was at the far end, and hits weren't guaranteed.

In the courtyard, there's the thump of a trio of tanks firing massive orbs of plasma at the Catwalks. The fire is fairly inaccurate, but should cause more than enough damage to at least get them thinking. They fire regardless of how close they get to Phil and Rho.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    AMEN Army

And now things have gotten worse for the enemies of AMEN, Gordon and 150 of his catwalks have arrived.

With a smile of his face, and the catwalks' machine guns warmed up, he watchs for a second.

"Well, it looks like its time to begin."

And the catwalks open fire, trying to hit Rho.
    Rho takes a lot of fire, and it overrides his shields. Several dents and scratches and even a few holes and scorch marks riddle his armor, and he turns to the catwalkers to fire a salvo of fist sized fusion missiles. They won't obliterate anything bigger than a man, but they do have a tendency to make pilots boil alive if the cockpit is hit.

Phil takes another bullet through his lower torso, and screams like a giddy madman. No, not a furious shout, an utterly unearthly, inhuman, primal scream. He swipes his plasma glaive at the drones and backflips, hoping to land on one's shoulder and snap its neck with his knees.

(Recaiden) He lives!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

AMEN Army Alley

And Eileen - regardless of the sucess of her move with the quarterstaff - does indeed get knocked flat on her side on the ground. With an oof!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyu

Her shockwave will knock over a couple soldiers manning the sandbags, but is suddenly met with a loud CRACK!! as an interposing force absorbs it's impact. When the dust settles, a tanned elf with long blond hair stands there, her Mortal Coil armor glowing gold, as she takes the power for herself before blasting a solid beam of light with an upthrust hand towards the heavens, parting the clouds and causing a beam of holy light to shine down upon her, as a stagelight would.

With the shriek of an eagle, she spins and thrusts her hands out at Anyu, retaliating by sending a cluster of a half dozen golden bladed discs towards her.

Snipers

These snipers aren't fools. By the time their bullets hit home, they've already began moving, and by the time the spikes blow, they're firing again. This time, all three at the Abominations. But, as one fires, Jack is able to tear into the sniper, killing him after the round leaves the barrel.

The spotter of another starts giving coordinates for another artillery strike.

Possessed Man

The movement is enough for the woman to back up a half step, barely out of reach, before firing her heavy pistol at the sniper's head.

Walls

The Reality Anchor may prevent the rat from getting close, since it prevents things such as spirits and ghosts from getting in. However, the only entrance there seems to be at first glance, is the main Gate.

Inside

This time, all 10 of the tanks open fire, their payload aimed for the largest concentration of Heavy Weapon Drones.

Comm Center

Vasquez watches it all, frowning as life scanners show fewer friendly dots, a plan forming in her mind.

27. - Top - End - #87

AMEN Army

(Catwalks are living creatures, that happen to have machine guns mounted into their shoulders.)

A number of catwalks are blown up, while Pete, failing to hit the snipers, whichs over to a rocket launcher to try to blow a hole in the wall. Some of the catwalks continue to attack Rho.

As for Gordon himself, he takes out his shockpistol and tries to shoot the shiny elf.

"Just wait, their big guns won't last long, just clear the troops at the top of the wall."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

AMEN Army-Rho

Several more dings and holes appear in Rho's battlesuit, one dangerously close to Rho himself. Rho turns his guns on the catwalks, and jump jets up into the air, dashing back and forth meters above the ground, spraying bullets and gryojets everywhere he can.

(Recaiden) He lives!

29. - Top - End - #89

[Sniper Nest]

From his little hidey hole in one of the nearby buildings, Xavier surveys the fight as the deadtime ooze slides off of him he finishes preparing his rifle for another shot.

This time aiming for Gordon, a known threat, and leader of the attackers. He aims for the arm holding the shock pistol figuring that at the very least Gordon will be trying to keep that steady.

And fires, his gun once again, silently sending a high energy bolt of particles speeding in Gordon's direction.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Halfling in the Playground

AMEN Army - Alley

The creature now standing over Eileen is hideous to behold. Huge, thin, slanted eyes, a mouth full of serrated teeth, a lolling tongue, all mashed together in the hulking form of what was not too long ago a stray cat.

The Far-Cat lunges at her throat with its dripping maw, razor claws swinging at her chest and abdomen.

Possessed Man

Unfortunately, this particular entity is for infiltration only. The creature has no way of defending itself in this situation. Thus, the wall behind the man is painted a lovely shade of red and grey, sprinkled with delicate bone fragments. He slumps to the floor, very clearly dead, the entity that had bonded itself to his flesh destroyed.

Snipers

If the snipers continue firing, the next one to get off another round might find himself swept down upon by the Far-Raven.

HQ

The rat beyond the walls slinks back into the shadows, deciding to wait before attempting entry. Once the battle reaches the base itself, then the creature will strike.

Meanwhile, Jack zips over the rooftops nearby, occasionally stopping to study the base itself. AMEN has far too little heavy weaponry for his liking, given the presence of those tanks.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters