New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Remnant HQ

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Gate

Din will feel that she's unable to teleport once she walks close to the gate. The guards keep their guns ready, in case she tries to do something, and one of them steps forward. "A bit of a surprise. You're turning yourself in I presume?" She asks.
    Din nods "yes I am...though I'm surprised that vigilante justice is handled by the remnant at all"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ogre in the Playground

Gate

The woman approaches, taking a pair of thick shackles from her side, made from a black material, white runes etched into it. "We don't handle Vigilante Justice." She says, attempting to put the shackles on Din's wrists. If successful, she'll feel whatever divine strength she has being dulled down to normal human levels as they clamp down firmly on her wrists, the runes flashing a bit as they do so. "We deal with cold blooded murder."

As she does so, all the other guards, a few dozen, tense up.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gate

The woman approaches, taking a pair of thick shackles from her side, made from a black material, white runes etched into it. "We don't handle Vigilante Justice." She says, attempting to put the shackles on Din's wrists. If successful, she'll feel whatever divine strength she has being dulled down to normal human levels as they clamp down firmly on her wrists, the runes flashing a bit as they do so. "We deal with cold blooded murder."

As she does so, all the other guards, a few dozen, tense up.
    Din sighs . she will sit down if possible "I don't know what you were told, but Madam Moy was on of the least pleasant Human I have ever met, a slave owner and an accomplice to torture, kidnapping and attempted murder. you saw the temple..."

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gate]
    I would like to add that the subject's responsibility in regards to the murder, while considerable, may be lessened somewhat because she was not in full control of her mental state at the time. Carrie keeps her voice flat and her expression neutral. The murder victim was, as the subject has stated, involved in slavery, torture, and other practices with which the subject has a traumatic history. Psychological trauma is thus partly accountable in the situation.

If you want my testimony in writing, that can be arranged.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

Gate

"You can work it out during the trial, Din. You are hereby under arrest. You will be treated decently provided you no longer resist." The woman says, not allowing Din to be seated. She blatantly ignores Carrie before trying to take Din through the gate. Instead, a man wearing a smart black business suit steps forward, past the gate, to answer her.

"That's far from the case. We have proof, witnesses in fact, that provide detailed accounts that it was not some crime of passion, nor an act of Insanity. It happened far too long after her internment as a slave. If you're wanting to testify, you can do it at the trial, if we reach that far."

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gate

"You can work it out during the trial, Din. You are hereby under arrest. You will be treated decently provided you no longer resist." The woman says, not allowing Din to be seated. She blatantly ignores Carrie before trying to take Din through the gate. Instead, a man wearing a smart black business suit steps forward, past the gate, to answer her.

"That's far from the case. We have proof, witnesses in fact, that provide detailed accounts that it was not some crime of passion, nor an act of Insanity. It happened far too long after her internment as a slave. If you're wanting to testify, you can do it at the trial, if we reach that far."
    Din's jaw drops "if? if we reach that far? you're willing to convict me without a fair trial?"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gate]
    So because it was a certain time after being enslaved, you find reason to rule out mental issues?
    I have seen Din obsess over an offense and stew over it before reacting. I have actually been the subject of such a grudge before.
    So while I understand that you have witnesses as to her actions then, I hope you will understand that I have been a witness to her psychological issues for an extended time.

She blinks flatly.
    Ruling out mental factors so quickly might not be advisable.
    Also, as to my testimony, I may not be available at the trial for reasons beyond my control.
    AKA me being away on vacation soon. If that is the case, I would like my testimony to be submitted in my absence and given due consideration. Thus I'll have it in writing.

She shifts her folded wings.
    If you were to give a personal prediction as to what sentence you think may be handed down to Din, what would you say?
    I ask mostly because with a death sentence comes the question of postmortem custody.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

Gate

The woman snorts. "Figured you were smarter than that, with how you killed the priestess and all. It's called a Plea Bargain. And we still have to contact those charging you to see what they want to do." She says as she drags Din through the gate and towards a holding room to await further word.

Carrie won't be allowed past of course, but the man in a suit pulls out a small recording device, turns it on, and tosses it to her. "Speak into it. But, she had already come to us, requesting assistance in her affairs. We dealt with it, and the cult has been punished as well, giving up their slavery. By the time she murdered the priestess, weeks had already passed. Whatever her justification, it was not within a reasonable amount of time that any reasonable person would believe to be an act in response to her time as a slave. This, coupled with the fact that Moy had no personal hand in the affair, proves that this was a thought out act, and Din knew what she was doing was wrong. To be Insane, one must not be able to tell right from wrong. The fact that she considers this Vigilante Justice, proves this to not be the case. As for possible sentencing, Death is not applicable due to her new status as a Godly Being. Some suitable alternative may be found however."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-06-17 at 02:40 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gate]
    She records her testimony.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll just break it into the main points.
    • The victim was involved in slavery and torture. Din's history with such practices has associated mental trauma to slavery.
    • Din exhibits a tendency to obsess and stew over offenses before reacting. This may be a factor in the time-gap between Remnant's intercession and the victim's death.
    • Din's conviction that her act was "vigilante justice" indicates that she thought this act was "right" despite the factors (i.e. her lack of authority and proper office) that made it "vigilante".
    • This conviction may be indicative of psychological imbalances.
    • While Din is of course not innocent, her guilt may be tempered to a degree by the aforementioned points.

I don't see how anyone would call their acts "Vigilante Justice" if they thought them to be wrong, unless "wrong" and "just" were somehow compatible in their mind.
    She hands back the device.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gate

The woman snorts. "Figured you were smarter than that, with how you killed the priestess and all. It's called a Plea Bargain. And we still have to contact those charging you to see what they want to do." She says as she drags Din through the gate and towards a holding room to await further word.
    Din frowns "...I just was told about these charges 10 minutes ago...this is not going as I thought it would"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

Gate

"Vigilante means she knew it was against the law. Thus, wrong, and illegal. Because it might be her so called "Justice" does not free her from the binds of legality." He tells her.

Holding Cell

Din will be led to a reasonably comfortable holding cell with a bed and desk. "It generally doesn't. We will inform you when you'll meet the people charging you. Then, if you can't come to some sort of compromise, we'll give you our own offer. If you do not accept that, we'll be forced to go to Trial."

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gate

"Vigilante means she knew it was against the law. Thus, wrong, and illegal. Because it might be her so called "Justice" does not free her from the binds of legality." He tells her.

Holding Cell

Din will be led to a reasonably comfortable holding cell with a bed and desk. "It generally doesn't. We will inform you when you'll meet the people charging you. Then, if you can't come to some sort of compromise, we'll give you our own offer. If you do not accept that, we'll be forced to go to Trial."
    Din nods "...that sounds...interesting. thank you"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

Gate

Holding Cell

[Gate]
    Carrie remembers exactly how much she hates legal disputes.
    And exactly how much she could go for a drink right now.
    Both of those quantities are best described as "a whole freaking lot".
    I made no implication as to her being free from the law. In any case, I can be easily contacted at HALO if I'm needed for any reason. If there's nothing else, I'll be going.
    She turns and, unless anyone objects, walks out of the anti-teleport field to return to HALO.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ogre in the Playground

Cell

"You're welcome." The woman says before locking the cell door. The restraints are in front of Din, so she won't be limited a whole lot.

Afterwards, she goes to give a call to the Terrowin.

Gate

"We'll be sure to inform you about whatever happens." Jude says as she walks away. No one else will stop her.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gate]

Rolling up the gate is a pair of wagons drawn by a pair of Aurochs each. Harnel and Cessie are likely both sitting up in the driver's seat, with the wagons tethered as a string of wagons to make sure the second pair of Aurochs don't wander off while they're headed here. Harnel will wave to one of the gate guards.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Gate]

Yep and the sorceress peers around, looking at the guards as well. "Excuse me, but could we leave some criminals here for eventual trail? They are slavers as I'm sure their victims can testify."

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground

Gate

One of the guards steps forward and looks into the wagons. "How many are there?" He asks. "And don't worry, we can take care of them. Were they Inside when they were caught?"

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gate]

Harnel shakes his head, "No, but they were coming towards the city in order to sell the slaves in their possession. We cut them off on the road and rescued all the slaves, but couldn't get all the slavers - some escaped into the woods. Will that be a problem?"

I'm not entirely sure how many there are, but they're fairly long carts to be dragged by aurochs, and there's two of them... so maybe around fifteen? We'll have to ask Happy herself.

19. - Top - End - #1039

[Gate]

"They weren't, we managed to apprehend them as they were moving through outside actually. A few of them were sadly killed in the battle that followed but we managed to free their 'wares' at the very least. As for their numbers, there are six of them in the wagon right now, including a centaur." Cessie explains as she gets down from the wagon.

*has direct contact with Happy*
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-06-19 at 08:53 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

Gate

The guard shakes his head. "No, it won't be any problem. Not for long anyways. Go ahead and take the wagons on through to the courtyard. We can handle them from here. Just meet me at the gate when you're done."

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gate]

Harnel nods and sets the aurochs moving again, into the courtyard, then he'll step down from the wagon, wondering if someone is going to come and meet them - Harnel is wary about leaving the slavers unattended, even if the thought is silly that they might escape.

22. - Top - End - #1042

[Gate]

The sorcress nods and will get up on the wagon again, following it inside. "Have you been here before?" She asks Harnel.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gate]

Harnel nods, "Once. It was right after I was attacked by a berserk nature mage who wanted my teeth."

That would be an amazingly surreal comment anywhere else, but this is the NEXUS!
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-06-19 at 10:16 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1044

Courtyard

"A... berserk nature mage that wanted your teeth? Mind giving me some more context?" Cessie says with a raised eyebrow as she looks curiously at the half-dragon.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Harnel nodsa again, "It's just like it sounds. a guy named Nero was laying on the street, looking like he was bleeding to death, so I picked him up and was taking him to a hospital when he explodes. suddenly, I find myself blinded by a cloud of glitter and smoke while fighting a bunch of vines coming out of the ground and a few that were trying to pull my teeth out, and a pair of trees that kept trying to attack me. Once I got free, I came here to make sure that Remnant was aware this guy was in Inside, so they could put up a warning or something. "

26. - Top - End - #1046

[Courtyard]

Cessie frowns as he tells his story, "You did the right thing Harnel. If someone had stolen your teeth as some type of disgusting trophies or regents I don't know what I would have done. Probably finding this person and make him return what he took along with his own teeth as payment."

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

"If you had been there, I daresay that ass would have been cooked six ways by you. You can be downright scary when you get angry, and that's one of the things I love you for." he smiles warmly, imagining what Cessie would have done to Nero. It appears Harnel may be something of a romantic.

Must be a dragon thing, what with all the fire

28. - Top - End - #1048

[Courtyard]

Harnel should see Cessie's elemental soul, she's made of fire.

"You love me when I'm scary?" The mage chuckles, "Clearly I should be angry more then if that's what you mean." She peers at him.
    "I'm curious though, why didn't you wish to be able to breath fire while you asked for wings? Aren't dragons supposed to be able to do that too? You breath out smoke every time in bed after all."

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Harnel shrugs, "Wings just seemed more important, I suppose. I'd like to breathe fire as well, sure, but I've been so frustrated about my lack of wings m entire life that I didn't even think bout asking for fire as well."

he think for moment, "Now that I think about it, do you think Libra is going to tr and contact us again once we get back to your world for the wedding?"

30. - Top - End - #1050

[Courtyard]

"I have honestly no idea about whatever that abomination is going to contact you or not Harnel. Remember, that thing killed thousandths of people and planned to kill even more. I can't exactly say it's easy to be close to it and you dealing with it makes me uncomfortable." She replies in a serious tone.