New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: [Nexus] HQ

[Phone Call Place]

"Oh good, it did get answered. I'll be brief.
    Your remnants are in danger of being overwhelmed by the various forces mobilizing or having already mobilized. I am offering aid."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

2. - Top - End - #182
    Halfling in the Playground

[AMEN Army]

Okay, so the catwalks are faster, even though I never specified what the beetles' top speed is.

Fine.

Affidavit decides to go ahead and abuse his teleporters a bit more, and uses rapid short-range teleports to have the beetles keep up with the catwalks and keep on nomming away at them.

And what else do the beetles see? Why, the AMENites have brought in cannons! Time to prepare a counter for the cannons...
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Phone Call Place]

"Oh good, it did get answered. I'll be brief.
    Your remnants are in danger of being overwhelmed by the various forces mobilizing or having already mobilized. I am offering aid."
    Phone Call!

"You and how many Marines? Who are you, what aid, and what's the catch," is the remarkably curt answer.

Well, he can hardly be blamed.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Phone Call 2: The Continue of the Call]

"Marines are small. I am already aware your group is less than fond of magic, but I have a respectable quantity of it fully prepared to at least be directed towards distracting your AMEN problem.
    And a very large cannon on a rather large floating building.

A KNAVEly cannon.

...her argument loses so much impact out-of-person.
    She'd sigh, but that wouldn't help.
    Absentee Spirit

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Phone Call 3: The Search for Phone Cords

There's a long pause.

"And what's your price?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Phone Call 4: Bell Would Be Proud]

"I want to be part of your security detail."
    Just like last time.
    Similar offer. Similar request.
    Absentee Spirit

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

[Phone Call V: Wait, Wasn't This One Declared Non-Canon?]

"Add AMEN to the target list, and you've got yourself a deal," is the response given by Harried Soldier Guy.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Portal to the Abyss]

Seeing as the portal is currently channeling a trail of hellfire to the Pit Fiend, getting near it may not be that easy. In fact, the moment the robot starts moving towards it, tendrils of hellfire will lash at it, moving very, very quickly.

[Walls]

The Pit Fiend years the Shotgun Golem speeding towards it, and quickly sidesteps, the blade only cutting it's hand off instead of slicing it in two. Roaring, it lashes out with it's fiery blade, tendrils of hellfire lashing out at the Shotgun Golem, each one hot enough to melt steel. There's also the fact that it's surrounded by a hellfire aura, meaning the Shotgun Golem, unless it's completely immune to both fire and pure evil, will probably start melting soon. The aura is also helping protect it from the bullets, although the occasional lucky shot inflicts a little damage.

[Streets]

As soon as the people who were driving the truck step out of it, the Drones open fire, sending a rain of bullets shooting towards them. Bad news is, even if they dodge that, they still have a second problem, as one of the bullets fired by Phil's robots cuts through both of the secondary lungs that store the gasses that allow the Pyro-Hydra-Troll to breathe fire, and it explodes. The Abominations, meanwhile, fire at the robots trying to kill the other Drones trapped in the pit.

[Collapsed Street]

One of the Abominations and both of the Drones are cut down, but the surviving Abomination clambers out of the pit and rushes the nearest foe with reaction suit-boosted speed, attempting to tear it apart with it's claws.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Phone Call 6: Milking The Cow]

"That is acceptable."
    Click. Call's done, she got what she needed.

Let the fun begin.
    Absentee Spirit

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Pit Fiend

The Sunnybot is currently supercold by the liquid coolant, and won't flinch away from the Hellfire even as it's damaged.

(Just wanted to clarify that. The rest will come when Phantom posts. )

11. - Top - End - #191

(Hellfire isn't just fire. It's pure evil, and essentially eats through everything. Even if the robot is drenched in coolant, the hellfire is still probably capable of turning it into a puddle of molten metal.)
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-04-09 at 12:54 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Walls]

The Shotgun Golem grunts a gritty one-liner as it spits out its present cigarette and replaces it with a new one. And then in a display of truly bad-ass action-movie dodges it spins and twists and handless cartwheels to avoid the blitz of blades and flames.

In the process the devil's hellfire lights the new cigarette for the Shotgun Golem.

Even still the golem's gun-metal body is beginning to glow from the heat. Something will have to be done about that aura. As the next sword-swing lashes out the golem parries with its buster-katana, aiming to send the attack wide. It then hauls back with its free arm, armor splitting apart and gears whirring as suitably epic music begins to rev up to a dramatic pitch!

And then with an explosion of steam and flames and surging orchestral accompaniment the Shotgun Golem aims to plant a hay-maker not on the devil, but on its aura.

Should the devastating punch land the aura will be knocked out cold, snuffed by sheer epic awesomeness. If the laws of magic complain the Shotgun Golem will simply don its shades and suggest that magic can deal with it.

Because the Shotgun Golem takes **** from no-one.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

((The Sunnybot is immune to Pure Evil on account of being, um, a robot.))
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #194

[Phone Call]

Zefir keeps hanging in the line.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Meanwhile, Idari stands on the edge of the effect of the Warlock Wheel, looking for any Remmnant Forces she can join up with.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #196

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [Drones]

The Drones continue to run, firing at the snipers. One of the snipers hits, his bullet striking the already badly wounded Abomination and taking off it's leg, killing it. The scaly green being, however, turns out to be more alive then expected, as it's head has not only grown back, but worse yet, it's now got two heads. The half-hydra troll rushes at Rho, firing with it's machine gun until it gets within range, at which point, it will use it as a club and try to beat Rho to death with it.

[AMEN Army]

Two blood red portals materialize out of nowhere, to the tune of what sounds to be a thousand drums beating in unison, and out step two Pit Fiends, giant fiery blades in hand. They roar, and one of them shoots a blast of hellfire at the walls, strong enough to melt through steel. The other conjures a shield of hellfire overhead, which should prevent the tanks from firing at them as they march towards the walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [AMEN Army]

Though a lot of them are being struck down by the lasers. A few of them fire back at TED with the electrical cannons that are in their arms.
    The electrical cannons hit TED directly, and one of his lasers starts to flicker as he fires it.

After the first few hits however, a blue shield springs up and starts to absorb the rest of the fire. After the henchmen fall back (I think?) TED turns and spots the pit fiend.

Kinectic weapons of minimal effectiveness. Firing.

One laser flies towards the pit fiend, trying to severely ruin its day.

It's a foot thick laser, although its intensity is presently quite low due to the electrical damage sustained from the henchmen's shots. It probably won't be affected by the hellfire, but it's up to TE to decide how it effects the fiend.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197

Channel 13 MagNews

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm afraid it's time for this battle to come to a close. It may not look it now, but we are about to witness the end of this siege. A stalemate is coming, and while I cannot promise you that the aftermath will be pretty, rest assured that those who would seek to do you harm have been appropriately harmed and set back themselves. Things will be ugly, but not quite as terrible as they would've been.

Magtok smiles warmly.

My fellow sapient beings, I am a citizen of the Nexus first, and a reporter second. Some would call it a compromise of my journalistic ethics to do what I am about to do, and they would be right. However, this has gone on long enough, and while what I am about to do may seem cruel and barbaric, I assure you, it is for our collective greater good that I do it.

He points his thumb straight down, as the CameraBot steps past him and zooms in on Gordon in the battlefield below.

Mr. President, you can't say Dallas doesn't love you.

The security code is initiated, and the camera through which the audiences at home are viewing the carnage transforms into a high-powered sniper rifle, as the CameraBot tries to get a clear view of the leader of AMEN, and fire two powerful bullets into the man's abdomen, and one at his head.

And there you have it, folks. The first televised assassination attempt in Nexus history. Good night, and gods bless the Nexus.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

Skies

The turbolasers take down two more largely through surprise, and Xavier takes down a third, though the pilot of that one tries steering it so that it lands safely (she can't fly away anymore, and doesn't know what would happen if she died). The anti-aircraft guns take down another four biplanes, the pilots staying in the planes as they crash in the hope they survive it. That's half of them down, and one of the surviving biplanes has no rear gunner. Three attempt to depart, fleeing from the battle in the direction with the most buildings and people in it, but the rest remain and continue strafing the rockets and the turbolasers with their rear gunners and diving to attack the anti-aircraft guns with the front machine guns.

((Sorry, celtois; I think I missed your post))
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #199

AMEN Army

More catwalks die to the beetles, and then to the walkers. As for Gordon he starts leading his troops away from the headquarters. Then someone tries to shoot him. Good thing he is still wearing his armor. Gordon collapses onto one of his catwalks. With Gordon's fall, the catwalks, and likely the henchmen start fleeing.

20. - Top - End - #200

[AMEN Army]

Affidavit is not in a forgiving mood, I'm afraid.

The beetles continue their pursuit for a moment longer, then quickly drop back.

Somewhere not too far overhead, the KNAVES Castle, currently floating over Inside, just opened fire.

Hopefully Gordon has some special ace up his sleeve, because there's a big ol' shell moving at supersonic speeds, aimed right at the pack of catwalks and henchmen fleeing from the battle.

It's going to create a pretty big crater when it hits.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

21. - Top - End - #201

AMEN Army

Well, since he's out of the anti-magic field by now he does have an ace up his sleeve. Or rather, in his pocket. Gordon's little catwalk, now able to use its psychic power, tries to use them to send the shell right back at KNAVES. Or at least change the shell's angle so it will miss.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

[AMEN Army]

The remaining henchmen are fleeing with Gordon and his catwalks! A lot of them are probably dead from the combined attacks of... stuff. Yes. Lots of stuff, which they fired back at if they could. That's what's happened. >.> <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #203

[AMEN Army]

Through some incredible feat of psychic power, the shell is diverted just enough that Gordon himself, and the catwalks closest to him, should be fine.

The rest, well, the catwalk didn't have long to redirect the shell. There's still a fair few things that are gonna be in the blast-zone.

...and a second shot was just fired, from a separate location.

Bit more warning for this one, since it's arcing over most of Inside to hit the fleeing AMEN forces.

Thankfully Affidavit's cannons can't fire very frequently, so after this, AMEN's probably in the clear.

24. - Top - End - #204

AMEN Army

And so, the catwalks head for their way out of the city. But of course, more have died to the first shell, so the second shell might by psychicly rerouted to hit the caste.

25. - Top - End - #205

[AMEN Army]

It's just too heavy and too fast for its course to be altered that much. However, the second shell does miss, just.

If there were more forces left, it might've caught something, but since those fleeing are probably fairly close together, to present a smaller target for artillery, the second shell doesn't catch anything.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

Walls

Four Sunnybots provide covering fire for the Sunnybot that's approaching the portal. Two are firing acid missiles at the pit fiend, and two are hosing the hellfire that's spraying their fellow bot with Supercooling spray.

Field

The teleblocking Sunnybot is not slowed by the hellfire, though it is taking damage. It should be arriving in range just about now.

The ten Philbots shooting at the Pit Fiend see that armour piercing bullets are not very effective and switch to their grenade launchers. They fire at the Pit Fiend, with the grenades set to asplode on impact. Lots of shrapnel damage possible.

One Philbot is torn apart by an Abomination. Fourteen are destroyed in the Pyrohydratroll's explosion and drone fire. The remaining five continue to shoot at the remaining Abomination.

Fleeing

Ten Philbots continue to pursue Gordon and the catwalks, shooting at thm with chainguns and armour piercing rounds. Shall we continue this in the Inside thread?

Comm Center

Sunny forces herself to look away from the monitors where she just saw her boyfriend die. She checks her gauntlets controls. It's hard for her to believe they still work when she can't feel them, but apparently they do. She types in a few commands.

"Where am I needed?"
    she asks Vasquez in a quavering voice.

HT's troops
    • Ten Philbots leaving the thread
    • Fifteen Philbots on the field
    • One Sunnybot on the field
    • Nine Sunnybots on the walls
    • Ten Sunybots in the compound
    • One Sunny in the Comm Center
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #207

(Sure, to inside it is.)

28. - Top - End - #208

[Inside]

Zel is glad somebody was able to help get Eileen in. Her headaches were really starting to bother her now. She started getting a pain in her chest, too.

She was attacked by some cat-like monster...I found her like this...

That's as far as Zel gets before she falls forward, clutching her chest. Right where an obsidian stone is.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Walls

More people open fire on the Pit Fiend, and a few turn towards the planes to help shoot them down.

Inside

Another of the Flak crews is brought down, and same with four of the tank turret gunners. The planes will find that those who retreat, are only fired after for a moment before being left alone.

Near the walls, Bugs, an older man who is M.C.'s field medic, comes closer to Eileen and examines her before several needles slide out of his right glove, as well as tiny tweezer like manipulators. He'll inject her with stabilizers, anti-biotics, and steroids while sewing her up.

Streets

The Garbage Truck crew leap behind the crashed vehicle to avoid the gunfire, and nearly get killed by the sudden explosion, but the flames suddenly curl upwards, away. The reason becomes clear when a row of armored figures, large riot shields held in front of them to ward off the blast, appear, their poor quality stealth cloaks failing in the heat. In the middle of the line, stands Edijar, tall and intimidating in his blackened armor.

They had originally be about to flank the surviving Abominations, but the protection of the crew took precedence.

Collapsed Streets

They'll find the nearest things to be the walkers of Viper Squad, and when they see the Abominations charge, three of them turn to open fire with their powerful chainguns.

Comm Center

Vasquez reaches out to try and console Sunny as best as she can, squeezing her shoulder. "No Sunny, not yet. But once the fight is over, there will be more than you want to do."

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

Skies

Seeing the rest of AMEN's troops depart, the planes do too, though another two are shot down before then.

Seven planes depart the scene of battle to join the other three in leaving the battle and heading deep into Inside. No planes remain, and I have no other forces here.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!