New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

Hayashi Goro's eyes widen in shock, and his mouth begins to fall open, as the Tenteikura's telepathic message is delivered. At its abrupt end, his expression hardens, and he turns on his heel.

My apologies, Masaru-taicho, but your reiatsu has not fluctuated since the SOS, and you've undoubtedly been heard by all the Seireitei. No way to know how far the Tenteikura's message has been sent...

With that, he takes off once again, into his own dust cloud, seeking desperately to arrive at the scene of the crime before the perpetrators can finish their work.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    7th Division Seki-seki Quarry
    The Concierge glanced around as the shinigami began loading the rock into the trailer, though it paid more attention to the truck itself, making sure everything was in position. Thus, the driver missed the group of surrounding another of their number, who was hurriedly beginning a casting of Tenteikura. However, once the blue glow began, the Concierge took notice.

The driver rapidly drew his pistol again and pulled the trigger repeatedly, but the gun didn't fire. It was either empty or jammed, and he didn't have time to fix it. He let one of his chains slide out from under his sleeve and began rushing towards the caster, but the miners moved to intercept him, slowing him down enough for the spell to complete.

"... Form a circle and fly through the heavens! Bakudo #77: Tenteikura!"

A moment later, everyone currently standing within the limits of the Seireitei would receive a brief report of what was happening at the mine, a report that was cut off with a gurgle as the Concierge throttled the caster with their chain.

"E-every l-lassst one of y-you, finisssh up h-h-here, and you m-m-may live. H-hu-hu-hurry the **** up!" the last sentenced reinforced with the sting of lashes from the driver's barbed chain.
    Aura fidgets as she watches. Sure, she's been involved with shady deals and the like, going undercover with some seriously dark people, but she'd never been actively participating in things like this.

She flinches at each hit of the chain.

"God, I can't wait until this whole event is over and done with." She thinks, fiddling with her belt.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

3. - Top - End - #663

Yuuta nods his head slightly. "I see. In that case, if there is anything I can do to help expedite the preparations for this stark task, you need only ask. With the lion's share of the Corps restoration already underway, the bulk of my current responsibilities appear to be serving prolonged rubber-stamp duty on copies of documents I swear that I've seen a dozen times before." Yuuta's stride breaks for a moment. "The thought occurs to me that my cousin Akio could prove useful, both as a former member if the 11th and as a current member of the 13th."
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ettin in the Playground

"Akio? Yama Akio?" Sayuri's freckled face goes sour as a lemon. "Ah... how close are you to your family? There was a certain... incident he caused. Highly disgraceful. In the light of that event, I don't think I could trust him to behave himself."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Aura fidgets as she watches. Sure, she's been involved with shady deals and the like, going undercover with some seriously dark people, but she'd never been actively participating in things like this.

She flinches at each hit of the chain.

"God, I can't wait until this whole event is over and done with." She thinks, fiddling with her belt.
    "You!" the Concierge shouts, turning its attention to Aura.

"You h-help motivate th-them, or h-help them load."

The driver approaches Aura and lets a second chain extrude from his other sleeve and offers it to Aura.

"U-use it on th-them, or I-I-I-I use it on y-you."

6. - Top - End - #666

"Honestly, I tend to limit my dealings with family as much as possible." Cautiously, Yuuta inquires. "I had no idea there had been an incident with my cousin. Dare I ask what transpired?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence

7. - Top - End - #667

"You!" the Concierge shouts, turning its attention to Aura.

"You h-help motivate th-them, or h-help them load."

The driver approaches Aura and lets a second chain extrude from his other sleeve and offers it to Aura.

"U-use it on th-them, or I-I-I-I use it on y-you."
    She stares coolly at the Concierge.

"My job is to protect you and the cargo. It says nothing about 'motivating' them, or helping them load."

She looks away for a second, a shudder of disgust rolling through her body. Flashes, of her past fly by her eyes. The experiments, the prying eyes and fingers. It was all too familiar to her, too familiar to see that damn chain, to use it on somebody else.

A quick thought flies through her head, so fast that she barely even notices.

"What we're doing... Is it... Is it really right?"
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-06-26 at 08:46 PM.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

She stares coolly at the Concierge.

"My job is to protect you and the cargo. It says nothing about 'motivating' them, or helping them load."

She looks away for a second, a shudder of disgust rolling through her body. Flashes, of her past fly by her eyes. The experiments, the prying eyes and fingers. It was all too familiar to her, too familiar to see that damn chain, to use it on somebody else.

A quick thought flies through her head, so fast that she barely even notices.

"What we're doing... Is it... Is it really right?"
    "Y-you want th-the cargo ssssafe? H-help me get i-i-i-it on there now. Th-th-th-they have re-reinforcrmentsss coming."

The Concierge deals out another couple of lashes before resuming.

"You w-want to deal with th-the ssshinigami when th-they arrive, fine. I'll be leaving i-if they do, p-payment be damned."

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    "Honestly, I tend to limit my dealings with family as much as possible." Cautiously, Yuuta inquires. "I had no idea there had been an incident with my cousin. Dare I ask what transpired?"

"He left hospital without notifying anyone and assaulted his own underlings in a misguided attempt to pursue a Hollow that he should've known was out of his league to deal with alone in the first place"
    , Sayuri summarizes just as they walk through the Kido Corps gates. "He neglected his duties and responsibilites and grosly violated his code of conduct to achieve nothing he couldn't have reached better within the law. As punishment, I hear he's been stripped of his rank and privileges, nevermind his honor."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #670

Yuuta lowers his gaze and walks in introspective silence.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

"Y-you want th-the cargo ssssafe? H-help me get i-i-i-it on there now. Th-th-th-they have re-reinforcrmentsss coming."

The Concierge deals out another couple of lashes before resuming.

"You w-want to deal with th-the ssshinigami when th-they arrive, fine. I'll be leaving i-if they do, p-payment be damned."

"It would be best for you to hurry, then."

It begins to occur, in the back of the Concierge's mind, that the second of the lashes never seemed to have encountered any resistance before hitting the ground. In addition, the scream immediately thereafter had more tones in the 'surprised' than the 'pained' range. The final thing to occur to the Concierge is that his chain is riding higher than it should.

Behind him, Hayashi Goro lowers his sharktooth dagger, and with it the chain that it has deflected. His off-hand grasps the chain, and pulls on it viciously, even as he leaps off the ground, and kicks at a momentary platform of reishi, sending him hurtling toward the Concierge, who is possibly likewise hurtling toward him, positioned well for a rather brutal tackle.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #672

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post

It begins to occur, in the back of the Concierge's mind, that the second of the lashes never seemed to have encountered any resistance before hitting the ground. In addition, the scream immediately thereafter had more tones in the 'surprised' than the 'pained' range. The final thing to occur to the Concierge is that his chain is riding higher than it should.

Behind him, Hayashi Goro lowers his sharktooth dagger, and with it the chain that it has deflected. His off-hand grasps the chain, and pulls on it viciously, even as he leaps off the ground, and kicks at a momentary platform of reishi, sending him hurtling toward the Concierge, who is possibly likewise hurtling toward him, positioned well for a rather brutal tackle.
    Aura sighs, flicking her cross into it's full form, waiting for the Concierge to react. She couldn't very well protect him if his damn chain was in the way.

She glares at Goro, a fire lit in her eyes. This was their set, their choice. Damn Shinigami, always interfering with others' affairs.

She grabs her mask, spinning it on her hand. "Darling, he's not much of an opponent you know. He just drives."

She's leaning on her cross, shuffling a deck of cards.

"Shouldn't you pick someone who knows what they're doing?" She draws a single card - The Ace of Spades. Stretching, she hefts her cross over her shoulder, staring coldly at Goro.

"Leave the Concierge alone, I suspect that even Shinigami," The level of hatred in her voice would astound many, "Use his services."

The deck vanishes, and two small, face down cards, appear over her head.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Pixie in the Playground

"Oh no, sweetheart. You're mine." A chillingly murderous voice rang behind Aura as a blade swept to cut the two cards floating in the air. Seiko had no idea what they did, but they couldn't he good.

He couldn't believe what had happened here. Didn't Kazuo-taichou have sensors and barriers to protect against this exact sort of situation? Regardless, there was a serious problem here now; these two intruders had gotten in, mere days after the last invasion, and they were killing Shinigami! Even before he considered the setback to the quarries, Seiko couldn't abide the senseless expenditure of life. No, these invaders were getting the punishment that he couldn't give to the Arrancar. He would make up for that failure here.

When Aura turned around, she would see a Shinigami standing behind her, though he definitely hadn't been there before. His hand hovered above his sword, which was still (or maybe again) sheathed. His expression was deceptively calm, but his flaring reiatsu betrayed his anger. "So. I don't know what your purpose here is, but I know this: you won't be here much longer. You either leave right now, or I force you out. Really, I'm fine either way." His arms were tense above his sword as he waited for her to make her move. She looked mortal and young; he had hundreds of years of experience on her.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Masaru was in cautious pursuit as soon as the Hado had cleared. He sheathed his wakizashi for the moment, wanting to keep that hand free for further kido casting. This opponent clearly wasn't quite prepared for such a thing.

He reached the edge of the roof in time to see Armin touching the street. He jerks away from the fired bullet, but it still grazes his left shoulder, leaving a painful, superficial wound. He begins running along the rooftop, keeping pace with Armin while also keeping the high ground. After a few moments of running, he suddenly bounds into the air. As he does, light begins to fill his left hand.

"Bakudo 62: Hyapporankan!"

A hexagonal rod of purplish energy is gripped in his left hand, then tossed with great force towards Armin. In the blink of an eye, it went from one to one hundred. Many of the bars would miss Armin; in fact, it was quite likely most would.

But all Masaru needed was for a few to hit.
    The "sudden" leap is no surprise to Armin; he had been waiting for the moment the entire time.

As soon as Masaru has finished his spell, smoke fills the entire corridor. By the time he could throw the strange-colored bar, Masaru would need x-ray vision to see anything that might have still been there.

Quietly, Armin pulls out a radio and quickly buzzes in. One. Two. Three. Three buzzes to signify "Abort." Time to get out.

Meanwhile, a small metallic sphere was flying towards Masaru's backside.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

Aura sighs, flicking her cross into it's full form, waiting for the Concierge to react. She couldn't very well protect him if his damn chain was in the way.

She glares at Goro, a fire lit in her eyes. This was their set, their choice. Damn Shinigami, always interfering with others' affairs.

She grabs her mask, spinning it on her hand. "Darling, he's not much of an opponent you know. He just drives."

She's leaning on her cross, shuffling a deck of cards.

"Shouldn't you pick someone who knows what they're doing?" She draws a single card - The Ace of Spades. Stretching, she hefts her cross over her shoulder, staring coldly at Goro.

"Leave the Concierge alone, I suspect that even Shinigami," The level of hatred in her voice would astound many, "Use his services."

The deck vanishes, and two small, face down cards, appear over her head.
    The Concierge is sent flying towards Goro by the shinigami's sharp tug. Almost before its feet have even left the ground, the driver has pulled a gun, raised it level with Goro and fired off a couple of shots.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

Goro prepares himself as the gun is drawn. As the Concierge points it at him, he kicks off an angled reishi platform, launching himself over the bullets, then somersaults in midair to kick off a second platform, sending him right back at the Concierge, spinning into a drop-kick as he does so.

Darting. Shark. KICK!
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2011-06-28 at 09:15 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #677
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    The "sudden" leap is no surprise to Armin; he had been waiting for the moment the entire time.

As soon as Masaru has finished his spell, smoke fills the entire corridor. By the time he could throw the strange-colored bar, Masaru would need x-ray vision to see anything that might have still been there.

Quietly, Armin pulls out a radio and quickly buzzes in. One. Two. Three. Three buzzes to signify "Abort." Time to get out.

Meanwhile, a small metallic sphere was flying towards Masaru's backside.
    "Bakudou 45: Enkobeki!"

Suddenly, a concave wall of light appeared behind Masaru's back, protecting him from contact with the metallic sphere.

"Hadou 63: Gyakutenran! Hadou 63: Raikouhou! Hadou 32: Oukasen!"

First, a massive blast of air similar to Tenran appeared near the center of the corridor; however, unlike the normal spell, it blasted the air upwards instead of downwards, apparently in an effort to suck out the smoke. Then, as if on cue, two massive lightning strikes shot down to either end of the corridor, while a wide, tall arc of yellow energy shot its way along the corridor itself.

In so doing, the caster seemed intent on "smoking out" the assailant hiding in the cloud - or turn him into smoke, it seemed.

A certain redhaired Shinigami tipped his hat as he stood above a Reiatsu platform not ten feet away from Masaru.

"Got your signal, taichou. We got a simultaneous alarm at the quarries though, so I figure most rapid response troops are headed that way. Still wouldn't do to leave my commanding officer in trouble. Are you alright?"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

Goro prepares himself as the gun is drawn. As the Concierge points it at him, he kicks off an angled reishi platform, launching himself over the bullets, then somersaults in midair to kick off a second platform, sending him right back at the Concierge, spinning into a drop-kick as he does so.

Darting. Shark. KICK!
    The Concierge doesn't even pretend to stand its ground. It runs, making as fast as it can for the truck, covertly drawing some small mechanical device from a pocket with its free hand.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Message for Taro Banzuke...

As Taro travels, a Hell Butterfly perches itself on his shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Go to the 7th Division mine, a team will be en route to follow your orders."

Day 20?

Taro Banzuke, 3rd Seat of the 10th Division:
    (En Route to the Seki Seki Quarry and then AT the Seki Seki Quarry)

Taro Banzuke, 3rd Seat of the 10th Division hurried at his top speed towards the Seki Seki Quarry after receiving the Hell Butterfly from his Captain.

Taro was not sure what to expect other than a cadre of 10th Divisioner's. For the Captain to send such an urgent an immediate request it must be something serious though.

----------------------------

Taro was moving fast and came up on the 10th Division team not too far from the Seki Seki mine. Stopping next to them, Taro looked at them all and nodded, catching his breath briefly.

Among the group were familiar faces, mostly good solid 10th Division troops. Many battle hardened and a few even with some high potential in them. The few newer faces among the group of about 20 seemed a bit overwhelmed, but they were strong enough. A higher seated man , Kariya-san, with an old mangled scar across his face led their group bow to Taro as they awaited his orders.

Taro still had no idea what was going on, but he did not show it. From his height he looked down on the troops, stern but with a hint of jolly as he spoke.

"hey boys... looks like something is going down near the Seki Seki mine, we wouldnt be called in if there wasnt a need for OUR skills...." he pause with a sly smile all the troops would understand... "...be on your guard, we have no idea what we may come up against...now let's get to it!"

They all responded a loud confident "HAI!"

Then Taro turned towards the seki seki mine and shunpo'd off with his team following close behind. They would be there very shortly.

------------------------------
    (at the Seki Seki Quarry!)

Taro and his twenty approached the scene hurriedly, but it took a moment for Taro to realize what he was seeing. Some enormous large Earthling type of "semi truck" (if Taro remembered correctly), was near the quarry and from what he could see as he and his men approached, it looked like there was already some kind of fight going on.

The Concierge doesn't even pretend to stand its ground. It runs, making as fast as it can for the truck, covertly drawing some small mechanical device from a pocket with its free hand.
    Taro came up on the truck with his men, and announced his and their presence to the man dashing for the truck. It looked like he held a firearm of some kind, and was reaching for something else.

With a voice that boomed and his enormous size immediately felt through them:

"HALT INTRUDER!!...and drop your weapons IMMEDIATELY!"

Taro and his men appeared and stood at the front of the truck, all 20 of his 10th Division men had already drawn their weapons and stood at the ready. Taro stood with his hands on his hips and his large left arm pointing at the Concierge with the other resting on the 3rd Seat's sword's hilt.

"Goro-san?...how can the 10th Division be of assistance?"

Taro looked on past the man towards the opponent he was fleeing from. "Goro", if Taro remembered correctly. Taro knew little of him, but he seemed like he was doing well. Perhaps Goro's along with Taro and his men's force would allow this fight to end quickly, and with little loss for life. However, Taro felt deep down this wasnt going to be easy or clean.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Taro came up on the truck with his men, and announced his and their presence to the man dashing for the truck. It looked like he held a firearm of some kind, and was reaching for something else.

With a voice that boomed and his enormous size immediately felt through them:

"HALT INTRUDER!!...and drop your weapons IMMEDIATELY!"
    [/font]
    "Of c-course." Sarcasm? Maybe, but the Concierge's chains did retract, and the gun hit the floor a moment later. But the driver didn't drop what it had just retrieved: a white smartphone.

"On sssecond th-thought..." the driver said, rapidly tapping on some of the phone's keys. "You drop yours."

It was then that the three S.W.O.R.D production gatling guns deployed from the truck's trailer - one on each side, and one on the roof.

"Currently locked on to shinigami reiatsu patterns. No overheating, no ammunition limitations. Mortal equivalent without such limitations manages 6,000 rounds per minute. I have three that I can fire whenever I wish. I advise you to stand the **** down."

A momentary pause.

"When the **** did my voice-scrambler die?"
    Last edited by Edge; 2011-06-28 at 01:57 PM.

21. - Top - End - #681

"I am twice shamed. Personal matters should not have been granted enough influence over my behavior that I was rendered ignorant of such a significant event." Yuuta flexes his massive hands. "I'm afraid that I cannot trust my judgement in regards to non-Kido-Corps candidates."
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #682
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Of c-course." Sarcasm? Maybe, but the Concierge's chains did retract, and the gun hit the floor a moment later. But the driver didn't drop what it had just retrieved: a white smartphone.

"On sssecond th-thought..." the driver said, rapidly tapping on some of the phone's keys. "You drop yours."

It was then that the three S.W.O.R.D production gatling guns deployed from the truck's trailer - one on each side, and one on the roof.

"Currently locked on to shinigami reiatsu patterns. No overheating, no ammunition limitations. Mortal equivalent without such limitations manages 6,000 rounds per minute. I have three that I can fire whenever I wish. I advise you to stand the **** down."

A momentary pause.

"When the **** did my voice-scrambler die?"
    Day 20?

(Seki Seki Quarry)

Taro's eyes widened at first but then slackened and hardened into a furrowed brow as he watched the guns come out and the man in white fuss with his little phone.

His left arm still out reached he brought it back to his side while simultaneously pulling his small looking sword from its sheath. holding it out in front of him with his right hand the point up to the sky. His 20 men moving in closer and behind their large 3rd Seat.

Taro knew the severity of what could possibly come from those firearms, and so did his men whose movements were subtle yet well known to Taro.

Taro smiled and listened to the white clothed man, then erupted into a boastful laugh. Taro wanted to wait for Goro's response to him, but he just couldnt hold it in with this man's brazen actions.

"Ha Ha HA HAH AHHA HAHA! ...you are a bold little one arent you?...ME? put this sword down....no no no no......but how 'bout i just change it slightly?..."

His eyes tensed up and his head angled down to the man, his voice was sure and pointed, but not loud.

"Nomi No Sukune..... Hand of Fate, Your Fingers Spread Wide"

Then his sword burst light blue with a dark blue border for an instant, as it immediately transformed into its Shikai state, a large black War Fan (as would be seen held by Generals) with red kanji on each side reading "fate".

Taro brought the large fan in towards him slightly as the blue light faded, its center still in the middle of his large chest. He waived it back and forth ever so lightly, causing the wind to move his open Shinigami robes gently. His men huddled behind Taro's large mass between themselves and the truck.

"Now..stand down, white clothed man...every second you waste here brings only brings more of us on you....and i guarantee you i will take up more than my share of those seconds"

Taro's voice was calm, as he looked on to the man and his truck as he awaited to hear his response, and hopefully Goro's as well. Taro was still pretty unsure about what he was up against here.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Taro's eyes widened at first but then slackened and hardened into a furrowed brow as he watched the guns come out and the man in white fuss with his little phone.

His left arm still out reached he brought it back to his side while simultaneously pulling his small looking sword from its sheath. holding it out in front of him with his right hand the point up to the sky. His 20 men moving in closer and behind their large 3rd Seat.

Taro knew the severity of what could possibly come from those firearms, and so did his men whose movements were subtle yet well known to Taro.

Taro smiled and listened to the white clothed man, then erupted into a boastful laugh. Taro wanted to wait for Goro's response to him, but he just couldnt hold it in with this man's brazen actions.

"Ha Ha HA HAH AHHA HAHA! ...you are a bold little one arent you?...ME? put this sword down....no no no no......but how 'bout i just change it slightly?..."

His eyes tensed up and his head angled down to the man, his voice was sure and pointed, but not loud.

"Nomi No Sukune..... Hand of Fate, Your Fingers Spread Wide"

Then his sword burst light blue with a dark blue border for an instant, as it immediately transformed into its Shikai state, a large black War Fan (as would be seen held by Generals) with red kanji on each side reading "fate".

Taro brought the large fan in towards him slightly as the blue light faded, its center still in the middle of his large chest. He waived it back and forth ever so lightly, causing the wind to move his open Shinigami robes gently. His men huddled behind Taro's large mass between themselves and the truck.

"Now..stand down, white clothed man...every second you waste here brings only brings more of us on you....and i guarantee you i will take up more than my share of those seconds"

Taro's voice was calm, as he looked on to the man and his truck as he awaited to hear his response, and hopefully Goro's as well. Taro was still pretty unsure about what he was up against here.
    "You are misunderstanding my proposal, shinigami. You move, these guns fire. I don't doubt you may be able to avoid much of their fire, but can your subordinates?" the more the Concierge speaks without the aforementioned voice masking active, the more apparent it becomes to Taro that he is not speaking to another man. "What I'm saying is this: you let me leave here, right now, with whatever's loaded into that truck, no more, no less. Once this contract is complete, I will offer my services to the Seireitei for free, to an amount I will agree upon with your superiors. I intend this as a peace offering and attempt at reparation. If you do not let me go, I have the guns open fire on your subordinates and on the unarmed miners. You'll also force me into lethal combat, which mean's either you'll die, or I will and you'll have lost a valuable asset."

24. - Top - End - #684
    Pixie in the Playground

Seiko stared in disbelief at Taro's...heavy-handed tactics, coupled with the new additions of this (man's? woman's?) person's arsenal. He'd heard of guns as they were used in the Mortal World, but had never seen them himself. And yet, here were three very large examples of them, pointed at everyone here.

"Taro-san, stand down." Seiko said, his impressive reiatsu still flaring, but his voice still dangerously calm. His gaze turned to the Concierge. "You. Your proposed bargain is that we let you go with the contents of that vehicle, and you do not open fire on us? What proof do we have that you won't open fire anyway?" Seiko's hand was still on his blade, and he kept part of his attention on the girl in front of him.

His attention went back to Taro. "Taro-san, there are too many civilians here. If we choose to enforce this confrontation, the miners could well die, I can't deflect all of the projectiles and neither can you. We're both powerful fighters, but I've heard of the rate of fire of these machines. We can't protect everyone."
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Seiko stared in disbelief at Taro's...heavy-handed tactics, coupled with the new additions of this (man's? woman's?) person's arsenal. He'd heard of guns as they were used in the Mortal World, but had never seen them himself. And yet, here were three very large examples of them, pointed at everyone here.

"Taro-san, stand down." Seiko said, his impressive reiatsu still flaring, but his voice still dangerously calm. His gaze turned to the Concierge. "You. Your proposed bargain is that we let you go with the contents of that vehicle, and you do not open fire on us? What proof do we have that you won't open fire anyway?" Seiko's hand was still on his blade, and he kept part of his attention on the girl in front of him.

His attention went back to Taro. "Taro-san, there are too many civilians here. If we choose to enforce this confrontation, the miners could well die, I can't deflect all of the projectiles and neither can you. We're both powerful fighters, but I've heard of the rate of fire of these machines. We can't protect everyone."
    "One, I have nothing to gain from your deaths. It's not part of the terms of my contract, and so killing any of you is useless to me unless is secures my escape. Two, I never back out of a deal once I've made it. Bad for business. If you still don't believe me, call it in with your superiors. Ask for intel on the Concierge." the driver says, perfectly calm.

If Aura manages to overhear any of the exchange, she'll recognise the voice the Concierge is currently using.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's completely identical to the woman's voice on the tape recorder/player the Concierge used earlier - minus the sounds of panic and mistreatment.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Pixie in the Playground

Seiko stares at the Concierge while he weighs his options. He has no reason to believe the white-clad man's words, but he seems somehow honorable. Perhaps not ethical, but as if he would honor a promise.

"What is in the van? Are you here for the Seki-seki, or for the workers?" Seiko's eyes narrowed as he considered this possibility. If the driver was taking human labor, then he'd have to stop it. But if it was only Seki-seki or something similar, then he'd let them go.
    Star Wars iTP characters

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

Seiko stares at the Concierge while he weighs his options. He has no reason to believe the white-clad man's words, but he seems somehow honorable. Perhaps not ethical, but as if he would honor a promise.

"What is in the van? Are you here for the Seki-seki, or for the workers?" Seiko's eyes narrowed as he considered this possibility. If the driver was taking human labor, then he'd have to stop it. But if it was only Seki-seki or something similar, then he'd let them go.
    "I was hired to transport the stone. My current employer is not the sort to encourage shinigami presence in the mortal world."

Okay, everyone listening in is now sure. That's definitely a woman's voice.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Pixie in the Playground

Seiko decided then and there which was more important. "Very well, then. You have your cargo; we will not stop you. Taro-san, tell your soldiers to stand down. You too, Goro-san. We cannot risk more deaths here, and this one will owe us a favor after this." Seiko seemed tired as he gave the orders. It seemed laughable that the lieutenant of the 11th division would make the decision to avoid a fight, but it was happening here. He just hoped that Taro and Goro wouldn't disagree, much less the squad that Taro brought with him.
    Star Wars iTP characters

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

Hayashi Goro stood still as the negotiations continued. Perhaps a bit too still. From within the cloak of his Southern Tide: Anglerfish Diversion technique, he gave a start at the turn in Seiko's questioning.

He's... letting her escape?!

Goro's hand, forming the sign for Bullet Sho, slowly re-centered on the smart phone. However, he did not yet fire. Much as he despised it, he was not the ranking officer present. If allowing the Concierge to escape for the moment was considered a lesser risk than the possibility of confrontation in this venue, then Goro would have to respect that.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #690
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Seiko decided then and there which was more important. "Very well, then. You have your cargo; we will not stop you. Taro-san, tell your soldiers to stand down. You too, Goro-san. We cannot risk more deaths here, and this one will owe us a favor after this." Seiko seemed tired as he gave the orders. It seemed laughable that the lieutenant of the 11th division would make the decision to avoid a fight, but it was happening here. He just hoped that Taro and Goro wouldn't disagree, much less the squad that Taro brought with him.
    Day 20?

(Seki Seki Quarry)

Taro's eyes immediately switch from the (now it seems) woman in white to the 11th Lt who appeared.

Taro listened intently to Seiko and the woman in white discuss this "bargain". And Taro didn't liek it one bit. How could Seiko allow this injustice to just go. Taro could stop the bullets againast himself and his men with no problem, they had fought similar foes and had practiced many maneuvers to combat this type of threat.

Taro had no desire for the civilians to be harmed, but it was their duty as Shinigami to thwart those who woudl exploit them. Those good souls working in the quarry had no fear of their future soul's path. They will have died honorably in defense of the Soul Society.

Taro listened and went through all of this in his head, and he steamed as it seemed more and more likely that the Lt was going to order him to stand down. This was however until he saw the lifeless body of the 7th Division officer laying on the ground near the truck. To this point he had seen no fatalities, it was different now.

Taro's eyes widened as he look down on her body, which seemed to be slowly fading. This was no simple robbery, this was no simple breaking and entering, and this white clad woman's "promise" or her "Favor", was the farthest from Taro's mind.

His face scowled and he flet his men behind him grow antsy. Then he erupted, his large voice belting out his words in anger to the Lt and Acting Captain.

"Lt..sir...look over there...that's a dead officer over there...are we to allow this injustice to go on? This person's promise cant be believed or even desired....true the civilians are in harms way...but what of those whom have already been slain?" he pointed angrily to the dead 7th Officer's corpse...

"are you ORDERING me and my men to stand down... sir... who will take responsibility for this officer's death..?.... are we to barter some more with our own brothers and sisters of the Gotei's and all these other poor soul's killer?..."

Taro's men had not seen the dead officer of the 7th yet as Taro spoke...and each moved to look from behind him, each of their faces getting tighter, their grips tighter...they moved back behind Taro and whispered their thoughts angrily among one another.

"...are we truly going to negotiate with this terrorist?...we haevnt needed its services as far as i know in the past thousands of years....why do you weigh the favor of a killer more than the lives of our fallen compatriots?..."

((edited for misinterpretation))