New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony V: Art of the Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    Yeah it's been a weird week. It's still going just kinda...sluggishly. Haven't had the opportunity to work on it. Though I guess I do now.

Any input would be welcome. Last time I worked on it (and it crashed) I was at detailing, past basic pony construction. Eyes and hooves and whatnot.
    Could you upload what you've done so far as a google doc?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

I just noticed an error in the OP:
    Fluttershy & Rarity Edition
    Should be Fluttershy & Rainbow Dash Edition, right?
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    I just noticed an error in the OP:

Should be Fluttershy & Rainbow Dash Edition, right?
    The title of the thread is 'Art of the Thread', being pretty clearly a reference to 'Art of the Dress' or Suited for Success, or whatever. And while Rainbow Dash makes everything 20% cooler, when it comes to sewing based themes, there are really only two ponies up to the task: Fluttershy and Rarity (darling!).

Trixie's known for changing the image in the OP on a fairly frequent basis. You might see cameos from others, but I have a feeling two ponies in particular are going to wind up dominating our attentions...

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Sweetie Belle: I can sew too! See the pretty dress I made?

http://uglydress.com/crpuwedr.html

Sweetie Belle: ... I'm bad and I should feel bad.

Pinkie Pie (om nom nom): Why? This dress is DELICIOUS!
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    I vaguely remember somepony mentioning they were putting together a guide to pony-making in Inkscape. Is that still under construction? I'd love to help out with it (although I probably can't take on the full project).
    Should I feel forgotten?
    Above Us Only Sky

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

I couldn't upload the .svg file. Google Docs got stuck in a loop. Not sure what'd happen if I put it in a .zip or something, but I'll give that a whack later.

For now, here's what I have. I don't think I'm particularly great with tutorials for people. Usually when I'm telling people what to do, I do it for them instead of helping them do it.

I think the top bit's fine for now. The middle bit probably needs work, and the bit on detailing's not even finished.

Also, don't mind the bottom of the inkscape bar clipping into the next panel. The boxes have white backgrounds which I kind of forgot to turn back on after I finished doing some stuff in the middle.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Brace yourselves ponies because this fan art I came across has got some god damn quality.

Spoiler
    Show
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Brace yourselves ponies because this fan art I came across has got some god damn quality.

Spoiler
    Show
    Do you have the link elsewhere? Photobucket can't brain today; it has the dumb.

Edit: OH SURE, PHOTOBUCKET. REAL MATURE. Start working after I say it wasn't working, why I oughta...
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-04-12 at 01:21 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Here is a ponibooru link that popped up.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2011-04-12 at 01:22 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of:

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    *snip*
    I was not adequately braced. Holy wow.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground

Okay, so I wrote a pony fic. I've only got a first draft, so criticism is welcomed whilst I find a place to host it (or more accurately, whilst I try to beat Google Docs into submission... Uh, I mean, until I befriend Google Docs, yes, befriend with great a good deal of force. Edit: Success! As it turns out, allowing cookies for docs.goo doesn't help access docs.google.com, who knew?). Also, I haven't thought of a name for it yet. Also also, I have used Rainbow's middle name in this fic, but since Google Documents doesn't like me I haven't had any research to use it correctly, so please forgive me for that.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am speed. I am stealth. With this cloud cover nopony could realise that I-

"Rainbow Dash are you following me?"

...Horseapples. "No, well, yes, well, maybe! Why do you want to know?"

"Because you're supposed to be helping Applejack at the orchard, remember?"

I do, all to well, "But-"

"No buts, Rainbow, you promised to be there and you are going to be there," her voice hardens with every word.

"But, Twilight-"

"What did I just say? You are going, whether you like it or not,"

Her horn's started glowing. She's going to drag me there herself if she has to. "Fine, Mother, I'm going, but I need to talk to you later!"

"Then you can stop by the library after you've gone to help with the applebucking!" she yells as I fly off.

Stupid Twilight won't help me with my stupid problem until I finish the stupid applebucking with stupid Applejack. And- is that Pinkie? In...?

"Dash, there you are! I'm berry glad to see you! You see, Applejack had to go find Applebloom and I was passing through on an errand so she said "Pinkie, I need to find mah li'l sis so can you stay here in case Rainbow gets here?" and I said "Yes" and then I waited and waited and thenIsawyouandnowyou'rehere!"

She falls flat on her - now blue - face. Or would have, if it weren't for the costume.

"Pinkie Pie, you are so random. Wait, an errand? Is that what the costume's about?" Strawberry muffin advertising, perhaps?

"Oh, this? This is just what I decided to wear today, no I've got to pick up some eggs from Fluttershy. Well, now you're here I'd better get going. Have fun with the applebucking!" she exclaims as she prances off.

"Sure thing, Pinkie. When the Everfree Forest has a healthy population of bunnies..."

So, eventually Applejack showed up and we got to work. I definitely got the most apples, but I wasn't really focused and Applejack swore I did "as much work as a lame earthworm", so I dropped the point. I have more important things to do today.

I was at the library in ten seconds flat, making a vertical landing from my recently perfected super-speed strut.

"Arriving in style, I see. You finished over at the orchard?" Twilight asks, waiting at the door for me.

"Of course I did. Anyway, Twi, I have to talk to you about something,"

"Well, come on in then," Twilight said, unusually bubbly for the bookworm.

"Sure, but, uh, I'd like to talk about this privately,"

"Well, Spike is helping Rarity at the salon today and there's nopony else here. It that private enough for you?" she says with a smirk.

I breathe a sigh of relief, "Okay. You know how you beat me in the Running of the Leaves last year?" I ask tentatively.

"Yeees?"

She smiles. Sometimes I really wnat to dislike her. Want to. "Well, I've been thinking, and I want to look at those books you read. There's no way I'm losing this time!" I'm going to win that race, fair and square.

"Oh, is that all? Of course, just let me find your library card. R, r, r, r, r, Rainbow! Aw, I didn't know you had a middle name! M-" she begins.

"Don't say it!" I snap, bringing down a hoof for emphasis.

"But it's so cute!"

I glower at her.

"Okay, okay, ix-nay on the iriam-may,"

"I mean it, Twi," my voice strains slightly this time.

"I know, I know," she giggles, "I'm sorry. Okay, so that's 'Professional Racing', 'A Racer's Secrets', 'Sprint to the Finish!', 'Running of the Leaves: A Reference Guide'..." she drones on like this for some time.

"...there! Rainbow? Rainbow? Mi-"

"Don't!" I snap to attention.

"Sorry, you kinda zoned out for a while there. Here are the books!" she squeaks excitedly as the last one floats into place. She can be really cute, sometimes.

It's a pile taller than I am, and at least four times my width. "I have to read that,"

"You don't have to, but you did say..."

Still staring at the mountain of guides, "I can't read all that before the race, Twilight."

"Sure you can! I read them about this time last year,"

"Really? All of them?" I'm stunned.

"Yeah, why not?"

She says it so sincerely. "How can you read that fast?"

"You can't?", concern in her tone.

"No, I can't. For some reason reading quickly wasn't part of the curriculum in the Flying Academy,"

"Well, then I'll teach you to read faster," she says determinedly.

"Are you sure? You did see the last time I took out a book, right?" It was ages and ages ago, long before Twilight first arrived.

"I'm sure. There's nothing I'd rather do more than help a friend,"

I smile at that. Idealistic to a fault. "Then, you should let me train you to race. You came fifth without proper training, and I need a rival who won't bolt for the front as soon as the race starts," I don't, really, but I want to do something nice for her.

"Are you sure? I mean I don't have much experience and I wouldn't want to cut down your training time..." her voice wavers.

"No problem. You scratch my back, I scratch yours,"

"Well alright, then. To a mutually beneficial relationship!" she says happily, holding up a hoof. I manage to resist spitting on mine before bumping it on hers to seal the deal.

"This is gonna be so awesome!"

"Oh, right, I forgot. You have a book you need to return, young lady!"

...Horseapples.
    Last edited by ScionoftheVoid; 2011-04-12 at 01:49 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Who is that looking in the window?

14. - Top - End - #44

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Who is that looking in the window?
    Not answering the question, but could you provide context for questions like that, please? I was terrified for a moment or two there.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Not answering the question, but could you provide context for questions like that, please? I was terrified for a moment or two there.
    In the pic of Rarity's shop, somepony is looking in the window by the mannequins. It kinda looks like Rainbow.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Okay, so I wrote a pony fic. I've only got a first draft, so criticism is welcomed whilst I find a place to host it (or more accurately, whilst I try to beat Google Docs into submission... Uh, I mean, until I befriend Google Docs, yes, befriend with great a good deal of force. Edit: Success! As it turns out, allowing cookies for docs.goo doesn't help access docs.google.com, who knew?). Also, I haven't thought of a name for it yet. Also also, I have used Rainbow's middle name in this fic, but since Google Documents doesn't like me I haven't had any research to use it correctly, so please forgive me for that.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am speed. I am stealth. With this cloud cover nopony could realise that I-

"Rainbow Dash are you following me?"

...Horseapples. "No, well, yes, well, maybe! Why do you want to know?"

"Because you're supposed to be helping Applejack at the orchard, remember?"

I do, all to well, "But-"

"No buts, Rainbow, you promised to be there and you are going to be there," her voice hardens with every word.

"But, Twilight-"

"What did I just say? You are going, whether you like it or not,"

Her horn's started glowing. She's going to drag me there herself if she has to. "Fine, Mother, I'm going, but I need to talk to you later!"

"Then you can stop by the library after you've gone to help with the applebucking!" she yells as I fly off.

Stupid Twilight won't help me with my stupid problem until I finish the stupid applebucking with stupid Applejack. And- is that Pinkie? In...?

"Dash, there you are! I'm berry glad to see you! You see, Applejack had to go find Applebloom and I was passing through on an errand so she said "Pinkie, I need to find mah li'l sis so can you stay here in case Rainbow gets here?" and I said "Yes" and then I waited and waited and thenIsawyouandnowyou'rehere!"

She falls flat on her - now blue - face. Or would have, if it weren't for the costume.

"Pinkie Pie, you are so random. Wait, an errand? Is that what the costume's about?" Strawberry muffin advertising, perhaps?

"Oh, this? This is just what I decided to wear today, no I've got to pick up some eggs from Fluttershy. Well, now you're here I'd better get going. Have fun with the applebucking!" she exclaims as she prances off.

"Sure thing, Pinkie. When the Everfree Forest has a healthy population of bunnies..."

So, eventually Applejack showed up and we got to work. I definitely got the most apples, but I wasn't really focused and Applejack swore I did "as much work as a lame earthworm", so I dropped the point. I have more important things to do today.

I was at the library in ten seconds flat, making a vertical landing from my recently perfected super-speed strut.

"Arriving in style, I see. You finished over at the orchard?" Twilight asks, waiting at the door for me.

"Of course I did. Anyway, Twi, I have to talk to you about something,"

"Well, come on in then," Twilight said, unusually bubbly for the bookworm.

"Sure, but, uh, I'd like to talk about this privately,"

"Well, Spike is helping Rarity at the salon today and there's nopony else here. It that private enough for you?" she says with a smirk.

I breathe a sigh of relief, "Okay. You know how you beat me in the Running of the Leaves last year?" I ask tentatively.

"Yeees?"

She smiles. Sometimes I really wnat to dislike her. Want to. "Well, I've been thinking, and I want to look at those books you read. There's no way I'm losing this time!" I'm going to win that race, fair and square.

"Oh, is that all? Of course, just let me find your library card. R, r, r, r, r, Rainbow! Aw, I didn't know you had a middle name! M-" she begins.

"Don't say it!" I snap, bringing down a hoof for emphasis.

"But it's so cute!"

I glower at her.

"Okay, okay, ix-nay on the iriam-may,"

"I mean it, Twi," my voice strains slightly this time.

"I know, I know," she giggles, "I'm sorry. Okay, so that's 'Professional Racing', 'A Racer's Secrets', 'Sprint to the Finish!', 'Running of the Leaves: A Reference Guide'..." she drones on like this for some time.

"...there! Rainbow? Rainbow? Mi-"

"Don't!" I snap to attention.

"Sorry, you kinda zoned out for a while there. Here are the books!" she squeaks excitedly as the last one floats into place. She can be really cute, sometimes.

It's a pile taller than I am, and at least four times my width. "I have to read that,"

"You don't have to, but you did say..."

Still staring at the mountain of guides, "I can't read all that before the race, Twilight."

"Sure you can! I read them about this time last year,"

"Really? All of them?" I'm stunned.

"Yeah, why not?"

She says it so sincerely. "How can you read that fast?"

"You can't?", concern in her tone.

"No, I can't. For some reason reading quickly wasn't part of the curriculum in the Flying Academy,"

"Well, then I'll teach you to read faster," she says determinedly.

"Are you sure? You did see the last time I took out a book, right?" It was ages and ages ago, long before Twilight first arrived.

"I'm sure. There's nothing I'd rather do more than help a friend,"

I smile at that. Idealistic to a fault. "Then, you should let me train you to race. You came fifth without proper training, and I need a rival who won't bolt for the front as soon as the race starts," I don't, really, but I want to do something nice for her.

"Are you sure? I mean I don't have much experience and I wouldn't want to cut down your training time..." her voice wavers.

"No problem. You scratch my back, I scratch yours,"

"Well alright, then. To a mutually beneficial relationship!" she says happily, holding up a hoof. I manage to resist spitting on mine before bumping it on hers to seal the deal.

"This is gonna be so awesome!"

"Oh, right, I forgot. You have a book you need to return, young lady!"

...Horseapples.
    I liked it. I don't see anything I have to critique.

Also

THE AGE OF MIRIAM IS UPON US.

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    In the pic of Rarity's shop, somepony is looking in the window by the mannequins. It kinda looks like Rainbow.
    I figured it was Stalker Rainbow Dash, from the hairstyle.
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    I couldn't upload the .svg file. Google Docs got stuck in a loop. Not sure what'd happen if I put it in a .zip or something, but I'll give that a whack later.

For now, here's what I have. I don't think I'm particularly great with tutorials for people. Usually when I'm telling people what to do, I do it for them instead of helping them do it.

I think the top bit's fine for now. The middle bit probably needs work, and the bit on detailing's not even finished.

Also, don't mind the bottom of the inkscape bar clipping into the next panel. The boxes have white backgrounds which I kind of forgot to turn back on after I finished doing some stuff in the middle.
    Link is broken for me.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Edit: OH SURE, PHOTOBUCKET. REAL MATURE. Start working after I say it wasn't working, why I oughta...
    For the record, your avatar is still broken :P

And people wonder why I recommend Picasa instead
    Above Us Only Sky

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    For the record, your avatar is still broken :P

And people wonder why I recommend Picasa instead
    It has 12 hours to straighten itself out or else I'm putting it somewhere else.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Whoops. Forgot to set it to public.

Try again.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Hey Everypony, it's fun art time!

Spoiler
    Show

Edit: Additional fun art time!

Spoiler
    Show

Look at what's happened to meeeeee
    I can't believe it myself!
    Suddenly I am on top of the world
    When it should have been somepony else!

Believe it or not I'm walking on air
    I never thought I could feel so free-eee-eeee!
    Flying away on a wing and a prayer
    Who could it be?
    Believe it or not it's Pinky!

Edit Edit: Further fun art!

Spoiler
    Show
    Apple Bloom, ah am disappoint.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-04-12 at 02:41 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Edit: Additional fun art time!

Spoiler
    Show
    Look at what's happened to meeeeee
    I can't believe it myself!
    Suddenly I am on top of the world
    When it should have been somepony else!

Believe it or not I'm walking on air
    I never thought I could feel so free-eee-eeee!
    Flying away on a wing and a prayer
    Who could it be?
    Believe it or not it's Pinky!
    Every time I think I'm free of that song, someone gets it stuck in my head again. Although now, it's Pinky doing the singing. In any case, I love that pic.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2011-04-12 at 02:53 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

That reminds me, we haven't had happy Luna in quite long time!

Spoiler
    Show

With a side of Shadowbolts, too!
    Above Us Only Sky

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

That reminds me, we haven't had happy Luna in quite long time!

Spoiler
    Show

With a side of Shadowbolts, too!
    Didn't you just post that pic on the LAST page?

26. - Top - End - #56
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's STILL been too long!

...According to him, at least.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

*Checks last page* Nope, I don't see it?

But ok, have some happy Rarity instead:

Spoiler
    Show

Luna:

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Above Us Only Sky

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

*Checks last page* Nope, I don't see it?

But ok, have some happy Rarity instead:

Spoiler
    Show

Luna:

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Hm. I guess I just saw it on Ponibooru like two minutes ago and got confused.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

You've been had.

He posted it at the end of the last thread.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok

You can never have too much happiness!

Spoiler
    Show
    Above Us Only Sky