New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

biggrin Finding the path: Best damage dealer

Hi all,

I'm new in Pathfinder; just got it to be exact but I was a HUGE fan of 3.5 since 2000. The question is, in your opinion, what is the biggest damage dealer class in Pathfinder (core & advanced)? I used to play heavy damage melee, insane evocating sorceror and even the fabled abjurant champion/sorc/monk. So any thoughts? Thank you.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Finding the path: Best damage dealer

Fighter. No, really. Weapon training, armor training, gloves of the duelist, and their boatload of feats make the fighter the best damage dealer in the game. There is a very fascinating thread on the paizo forums here: http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...ource=search#0

that analyzes the DPR of different builds of each class.
    Last edited by Curious; 2011-04-19 at 01:36 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Where is that exactly? I read through the first several pages and the last several pages, and fighters didn't come close. I am not fully willing to read a 16 page thread for that one point.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Gleh, I didn't read through it all the way either, but the impression I got was that generally fighters, specifically the two weapon variant, had the highest DPR of any class. There may be a few builds that surpass them though, as I didn't go more than three pages in.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I have a few builds in my head that you could consider.

The archer: a ranger / horizon walker. Dump everything into 1 terrain and you can get a favored enemy bonus of ~20, use a wand or custom item of instant enemy to get the bonus in other terrains, and use hunter's bond to give allies this bonus.

Cavalier of the sword: powerful ubercharger out of the box. For convenience, go halfling with a wolf. You will add mount's strength bonus on charges, along with cavalier charge bonuses.

Also, I've seen 2 hander fighter builds using the increased strength and power attack bonuses, as well as crazy summoned builds.