New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default What free stuff would you like from a webcomic?

If your favorite webcomic was giving away something for free, what would excite you the most?

Free RPG day is coming up soon and I see that most publishers are giving away free adventures for their particular game systems. I know online RPG comics aren't really involved with that event, but that still got me wondering about what sort of freebies readers of RPG comics would actually want.

Personally, I like seeing new game rules options (new classes, feats, monsters etc) for 4e D&D or Pathfinder. But I realize that most people are not me, so most are probably looking for something different.

What free stuff from your favorite webcomic would make you really happy?
    Last edited by cdrcjsn; 2011-05-20 at 04:11 AM.
    Read my D&D Webcomic!
    Epic Fantasy Comedy. Familiar Point of View.
    www.familiar-ground.com

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What free stuff would you like from a webcomic?

More strips. Possibly more Batman jokes. I wouldn't mind free t-shirts, but I doubt Zach would be willing to just hand them out.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Wallpapers are always nice.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

As far as giveaways are concerned, you can't go wrong with stuff that cost you very little up front, especially when you're not making any money off your comic. Wallpapers are a great idea because they require zero money to make. Also signed pencil sketches of a character from the comic would work great too.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm assuming you're looking for something that ties in to free RPG day. Have you thought about drawing monster tokens that can be printed out?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've got ideas on what to do for my site (though thanks for that idea about tokens...that's a new one for me).

I'm just curious what people would actually want from their favorite comics.

For instance, if OotS was to create a game related giveaway, what would you prefer it to be? Game stats for the characters? The adventures of the strip converted into game stats?
    Last edited by cdrcjsn; 2011-05-21 at 03:01 PM.
    Read my D&D Webcomic!
    Epic Fantasy Comedy. Familiar Point of View.
    www.familiar-ground.com

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by cdrcjsn View Post
    I've got ideas on what to do for my site (though thanks for that idea about tokens...that's a new one for me).

I'm just curious what people would actually want from their favorite comics.

For instance, if OotS was to create a game related giveaway, what would you prefer it to be? Game stats for the characters? The adventures of the strip converted into game stats?
    Figurines of the characters; then you can use them as miniatures in your own game!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

I agree that Wallpapers would be the ideal free giveaway (for reader and creator)

http://www.oscarandozcar.tumblr.com