New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXV: DJ Callan Turns the Tables

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    I feel very moved by that line too.

I think I'm going to save it for future use.
    Don't forget to add that it is from the works of "David Trazoi, Australian writer and artist". Makes it sound even deeper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

2. - Top - End - #122
    Banned

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXV: DJ Callan Turns the Tables

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonKing View Post
    That's all from me for now.
    Rock on.
    I don't even know you and I am coming to hate you. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    I feel very moved by that line too.

I think I'm going to save it for future use.
    I've already done so. It's a very serendipitous thing, isn't it?

So, tomorrow we get to see Dom either
    A) begin to contact Celesto- dramatically!
    B) try to convince Celesto- hijinks to ensue!
    C) try to contact Celesto- hijinks to ensue!

And no matter which one happens, somethin that seems relevant will occur Monday, maybe Tuesday, and then 3 days of not actually advancing plot again so he can pull another pseudo cliffhanger on Friday.

Someone please tell me I'm wrong.
    Please?

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    So, tomorrow we get to see Dom either
    A) begin to contact Celesto- dramatically!
    B) try to convince Celesto- hijinks to ensue!
    C) try to contact Celesto- hijinks to ensue!

And no matter which one happens, somethin that seems relevant will occur Monday, maybe Tuesday, and then 3 days of not actually advancing plot again so he can pull another pseudo cliffhanger on Friday.

Please?
    Well today's comic had a Friday cliffhanger feel to it, so I don't know what he's going to do tomorrow. Maybe he'll say "Oops, sorry folks! I accidentally posted Friday's comic on Thursday! So today I'll just post the comic that I was supposed to post yesterday. TAFMFNRO." And the comic will be a series of talking heads recapping everything. Except, this can't happen, because we know that Mookie doesn't write ahead enough for there to be the possibility of getting his comics mixed up.
    Last edited by Mr. McGician; 2011-04-21 at 06:05 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Tomorrow is Good Friday, the prequel to the Easter weekend. When it has suited him, Mookie has posted filler for far, far less.

Do not be entirely surprised if this *IS* a rare sighting of our old friend, the Thursday Cliffhanger.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

5. - Top - End - #125

GnomeWizardGuy

Please?
    The plot engine in DD has two main settings, OFF and TURBO-CRAZY (there's also REVERSE, although that's used mainly for characterisation). I'm getting the feeling we're in TURBO-CRAZY mode. There's a point Mookie wants to get to and everyone is in a mad dash to get there, logic be damned.

However, the new Sneaky Gate suggests that the plot engine has gone past TURBO-CRAZY and into TURBOMAX-STUPID.
    Future Link
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2011-04-21 at 06:16 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    The plot engine in DD has two main settings, OFF and TURBO-CRAZY (there's also REVERSE, although that's used mainly for characterisation). I'm getting the feeling we're in TURBO-CRAZY mode. There's a point Mookie wants to get to and everyone is in a mad dash to get there, logic be damned.

However, the new Sneaky Gate suggests that the plot engine has gone past TURBO-CRAZY and into TURBOMAX-STUPID.
    Future Link
    More like TURBOMAX-AWESOMESAUCE

I for one look forward to the return of Quilt and his awesome scrying powers. Hopefully Spark comes back with him.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

7. - Top - End - #127

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    More like TURBOMAX-AWESOMESAUCE
    I'm not denying that this doesn't have the potential for a boat load of hilarity. But from a plot perspective all I can see is THIS IS STUPID.

Are we sure this isn't meant to be a farce?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm hoping to see Quilt as the straight man for Luna's silly antics.
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

9. - Top - End - #129

I don't recall, has Quilt shown us that he has any competence in well... anything at all?

10. - Top - End - #130

I'm not denying that this doesn't have the potential for a boat load of hilarity. But from a plot perspective all I can see is THIS IS STUPID.

Are we sure this isn't meant to be a farce?
    Yes, plotwise it's stupid.

But Quilt, Spark, and Donovan are the bright points that make this comic worth continuing to read. On the other hand, the plot is boring and predictable at the best of times, and nonexistant at others. So having the plot derailed by an enjoyable element is worth it.

My fear is that he somehow ruins those 3 characters as well.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Set engines to Ludicrous Speed!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Good hell, this is happening. The last time we saw Quilt's body, he had swapped brains personalities with Bumper, so this should be interesting. (No, of course Mookie won't remember.)

Quick, how many days next week will feature alliteration?

Also, while I'm not complaining, is it me, or has Sneaky Gate been going up earlier and earlier this week?
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

13. - Top - End - #133

This passive-aggressive relationship Luna and Dom have been in can't be healthy.
    LGBTitP

14. - Top - End - #134

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    I don't recall, has Quilt shown us that he has any competence in well... anything at all?
    Yes, actually - one of the first times we saw Quilt when he was fully assembled and conscious, Jacob was teaching him to scry on Dominic with a crystal ball.

And to Quilt's credit, Dominic didn't seem to notice it. He's the ideal person to use Second Sight to find clues as to Celesto's whereabouts in that he is both competent at the skill, and wholly expendable when he finally does locate the guy.....
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

15. - Top - End - #135

First, though, he needs to accidentally scry up Pam's skirt a bunch, if I'm remembering the history of his... career... correctly.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, do you know who else can scry? Miranda

Do you know who is better at scrying at than Quilt? Everyone, including Miranda

How did Mookie think this was a good idea?
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

17. - Top - End - #137

Luna certainly likes wearing those weird shirts where the sleeves aren't attached to anything. Maybe in the Dominion the weather changes at the drop of a hat.

18. - Top - End - #138

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Hey, do you know who else can scry? Miranda

Do you know who is better at scrying at than Quilt? Everyone, including Miranda

How did Mookie think this was a good idea?
    Well, Quilt was nice enough to give Luna a shiny toy to play with! And he's even got the hat and everything, so you know it's legit!

...Stupid Dominic and his stupid "grown-up business."
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2011-04-21 at 09:11 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

19. - Top - End - #139

I don't even know you and I am coming to hate you. Wow.
    Sorry about that, but if it makes you feel any better, I am motivated by science, not malice. I'm curious what happens if I punctuate every post I make in this particular topic with Mookie's catchphrase until I get bored of it. If it really starts driving everyone up the wall, I'll stop.

As for the comic, I suspect Quilt will be doing his typical bumbling, but be a lot more fun to watch than Luna as he does so.

Until something Quilt does causes Luna to put everything together, since Luna Is Great.

That's all from me for now.
    Rock on.

20. - Top - End - #140

People Dominic has an "in" with -
    RILIAN: necromancer of unparalleled skill. Ageless, possibly immortal.
    MIRANDA: One of the two (TWO) humans archmagi in the history of archmagical tradition.
    MILOV: Werewolf noble, with powerful divination magic, and political connections.

But yeah, I'd go with the comic relief guy too.
    What's the worst that could possibly happen.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

21. - Top - End - #141

GnomeWizardGuy

I can't get over how hilariously stupid Luna is. Knowing that this is unintentional only makes it better.

Dominic: "We need to search for Celesto. The king will be watching, so we must be discreet."
    Luna: "Honey, you've been beat up pretty bad. Leave this to me, I know how to be inconspicous."
    ...later...
    Luna: "An idiotic zombie in a deerstalker hat! Perfect!"

22. - Top - End - #142

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    And to Quilt's credit, Dominic didn't seem to notice it. He's the ideal person to use Second Sight to find clues as to Celesto's whereabouts in that he is both competent at the skill, and wholly expendable when he finally does locate the guy.....
    Ah, I vaguely recall that. Also, since he doesn't have a brain (I think) he should be more resilient to those mind blasts right?

23. - Top - End - #143

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Yes, actually - one of the first times we saw Quilt when he was fully assembled and conscious, Jacob was teaching him to scry on Dominic with a crystal ball.

Actually Greg was the first person he scried on I believe, and he caught on to his rotting zombie ass pretty quick for a guy without scrying powers.

It's nice though that Mookie went ahead and confirmed Luna's complete idiocy for us. I was on the fence for a while but this seals it. I also like how she assures Dominic she'll find Celesto then immediatly goes to find someone else to do her work. That's how all the powerful mages do it!
    Last edited by Palmer; 2011-04-21 at 10:37 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144

I can't get over how hilariously stupid Luna is. Knowing that this is unintentional only makes it better.

Dominic: "We need to search for Celesto. The king will be watching, so we must be discreet."
    Luna: "Honey, you've been beat up pretty bad. Leave this to me, I know how to be inconspicous."
    ...later...
    Luna: "An idiotic zombie in a deerstalker hat! Perfect!"
    As if we needed any more evidence that this comic has trouble combining comedy with drama. Protip: Having your characters act like idiots for comedy purposes in the middle of a dramatic plotline isn't the way to do it.

25. - Top - End - #145

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    Actually Greg was the first person he scried on I believe, and he caught on to his rotting zombie ass pretty quick for a guy without scrying powers.

It's nice though that Mookie went ahead and confirmed Luna's complete idiocy for us. I was on the fence for a while but this seals it. I also like how she assures Dominic she'll find Celesto then immediatly goes to find someone else to do her work. That's how all the powerful mages do it!
    Female characters in DD just aren't capable of doing things on their own. Gotta have a male chaperone.

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by Bobikus View Post
    Female characters in DD just aren't capable of doing things on their own. Gotta have a male chaperone.
    Miranda would be the exception, but of course old people are exempt from that rule in shounen titles Dominic Deegan.

27. - Top - End - #147

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    Miranda would be the exception, but of course old people are exempt from that rule in shounen titles Dominic Deegan.
    Miranda can do things on her own? [Citation Needed]

28. - Top - End - #148

Didn't she assemble her collection of power sources/soul jars/one rings without consulting anyone, mainly because now that she had an excuse, she thought it would be cool?

29. - Top - End - #149

If memory serves she managed to subdue that dude with bleeding eyes, and would've taken care of him herself if someone didn't accidentally free him... I think. The specifics elude me, and I duuno the dates of the strips.

30. - Top - End - #150

Actually, I'd say that this is the best possible result. Why? Because A: Quilt is amusing, B: Anything is better than more of Dominic solving everything with Sue powers, and C: Yes, there are three other people Luna could have gotten help from, all of them better at scrying than Quilt, however, there are good reasons why we should be glad that she didn't choose them:

Rilian had something resembling a personality last time I checked. Do we really want to watch Mookie erase that personality piece by piece?

Miranda is a walking Deus Ex Machina, and..... Yeah, frankly, I shouldn't even need to give a reason why an entire arc about her would be bad.

Milov..... He used to be Siggy's sidekick, and Siggy was Warlord Mustache's son, and I'm reasonably sure no-one wants to remember what happened to Suggy and Warlord Mustache.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.