New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Airlines hate me

When I came back from france a few weeks back, I got in hours late in the middle of the night, and wasn't able to get home until 7 in the morning due to horrible circumstances involving my friend. As it turns out, I had an 8 am shift at work that I missed because of the whole "having been up for more than 36 hours traveling" thing.

Now, I have an 8 am shift tomorrow. We're rounding 10 o'clock, my dad's flight in was delayed and I'm still waiting to hear what my new time to pick him up.

I hate airlines and they apparently hate me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Airlines hate me

I don't think their ire is reserved for you, nor that you are unique in yours. Airlines are nexuses (nexii?) of hate, both drawing it in and spewing it out in copious amounts.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

I know. It just seems like they viciously target my sleep schedule, with extreme prejudice. Even when I'm not flying, I can't escape.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Airports think my whole family are drug dealers.

Every time.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post

Every time.
    Ho crap it's a Doctor Bath.

Been awhile since I've seen you.

/On topic shift

Yes, Airlines hate everyone, and everything. Forever. For all eternity. It is never a pleasant experience to be in, around, tangentially involved, or remotely related to an airport.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    Ho crap it's a Doctor Bath.

Been awhile since I've seen you.

/On topic shift

Yes, Airlines hate everyone, and everything. Forever. For all eternity. It is never a pleasant experience to be in, around, tangentially involved, or remotely related to an airport.
    But, but, but... I like flying.

On topic though, some airlines can be utter and total bullcrap. I've only really flown European airlines, but I can say that any low-fare European airline is probably out to make your flight as uncomfortable as they possibly can, while still keeping within the limits of the laws. Utterly convinced of it, I am.

Some of the larger, nicer airlines I've flown with though (British Airways, SAS, now defunct MyTravel, etc.) are quite nice though. Not very many delays, good service and decent departure times.

However, after having heard your story, I'm also now convinced that you are the target of some sort of airline conspiracy, filled with malice and hatred, designed to make your flights as horrible as possible.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post

Every time.
    Are you?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

I find that drinking enhances my enjoyment of airports exponentially. Mmmmm, margaritas taste better when everyone around you is miserable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightDawn View Post
    But, but, but... I like flying.

On topic though, some airlines can be utter and total bullcrap. I've only really flown European airlines, but I can say that any low-fare European airline is probably out to make your flight as uncomfortable as they possibly can, while still keeping within the limits of the laws. Utterly convinced of it, I am.

Some of the larger, nicer airlines I've flown with though (British Airways, SAS, now defunct MyTravel, etc.) are quite nice though. Not very many delays, good service and decent departure times.

However, after having heard your story, I'm also now convinced that you are the target of some sort of airline conspiracy, filled with malice and hatred, designed to make your flights as horrible as possible.
    I love flying too. My problem is that my hate of airports and airlines far exceeds my love of flying.

The problem seems worse in the US. I've flown to and within Europe several times, and it always seemed less awful than my US flights. This isn't just post-September-11th, either - even before then, there was a remarkable difference between (say) a regular Northwest flight and a Northwest/KLM flight. (When I become Supreme Dictator, the Dutch will be put in charge of all air travel).